ADVERTISEMENT

Grimsley at Weddington on Black Friday

What’s amazing is they’ve done that without a playoff defense. New Bern exposed them last year. If they don’t outscore opponents they’re in trouble. You talk about the 704. Well the 704 has had no trouble scoring on them. So yes, they aren’t dominant. Not against top tier competition
The Indy, Butler, Mallard Creek and Wake Forest teams had defenses that could be and were dominant even in the playoffs. Grimsley’s not there yet..
This is so False... Mallard Creek gave up 104pts in 6 playoff games alone in 2015, 103pts in 2014...Butler gave up 99pts in 2009, 72pts in 2010 and 83pts in 2012....hardly the "85" Bears....Indy was so long ago finding stats is difficult but they are probably about the same. I didn't even check Wake Forest but they may be the best

Grimsley has given up 59pts in 3 playoff games but on pace with the so-called "best teams ever"

So, according to your standards, beating Rolesville 63-34 was not dominant because they gave up 34?
I think he was referring to dominant in the playoffs especially in the later rounds. In other words Butler 2020, Hough and Weddington last year could have easily been losses. Grimsley always finds a way to win so that’s definitely impressive to me.

So, according to your standards, beating Rolesville 63-34 was not dominant because they gave up 34?
The point of the game is whoever scores more wins. They turned hough over 3x the couldnt run the ball up the middle even with the DT playing DE . Hough besides the late ko return did nothing ! couldnt figure grimsley out . They played 1 solid half of football. Im pretty sure it will be a good game ! But them boys winning by 2tds ... easy work . No speed on the boundary . Wr#8 at best 4.7/4.8 speed

• Haha
Reactions: onioncfb
Ok I’m tired of the constant arguing so I’ll give the Grimsley folks what they crave. I bow down to Grimsley. They are the most powerful and dominant team since Indy’s dominant teams. Even 2012 Butler couldn’t stay with them. Weddington shouldn’t show up. It’s going to be a blood bath. I’ve never seen any team as dominant as Grimsley. It’s going to be several years before they ever lose again. Case closed. No more discussion.

This is so False... Mallard Creek gave up 104pts in 6 playoff games alone in 2015, 103pts in 2014...Butler gave up 99pts in 2009, 72pts in 2010 and 83pts in 2012....hardly the "85" Bears....Indy was so long ago finding stats is difficult but they are probably about the same. I didn't even check Wake Forest but they may be the best

Grimsley has given up 59pts in 3 playoff games but on pace with the so-called "best teams ever"
The 2010 Butler team is my favorite and my opinion the best Butler team ever. If your numbers are correct it would be 14 points a game because they played five playoff games including the championship. Keep in mind a few of those games were blowouts and Butler had subs in when many of those teams scored late. That team eventually ended the year top 25 nationally.

Ok I’m tired of the constant arguing so I’ll give the Grimsley folks what they crave. I bow down to Grimsley. They are the most powerful and dominant team since Indy’s dominant teams. Even 2012 Butler couldn’t stay with them. Weddington shouldn’t show up. It’s going to be a blood bath. I’ve never seen any team as dominant as Grimsley. It’s going to be several years before they ever lose again. Case closed. No more discussion.
Your bias when it comes to them ! The hate is unreal from some of these post & the be honest with you ! What team doesnt have transfers ! . Ok they lost last year ! Then again when you use ringers (cheaters) the playing field isnt equal. Fact for you if they run the table again thats means they have been to the big game 3x in the last 4yrs . You and Warhead1 I dont know whos the worst. He mad cause grimsley winning ! You mad because they winning . Happy Thanksgiving Clown .🤣

Your bias when it comes to them ! The hate is unreal from some of these post & the be honest with you ! What team doesnt have transfers ! . Ok they lost last year ! Then again when you use ringers (cheaters) the playing field isnt equal. Fact for you if they run the table again thats means they have been to the big game 3x in the last 4yrs . You and Warhead1 I dont know whos the worst. He mad cause grimsley winning ! You mad because they winning . Happy Thanksgiving Clown .🤣
You break my heart😢😢😢

Lol. I’m not as biased as you think. I don’t give a rats rear who wins. I have no connection to any of those teams. But it kept the conversation going, didn’t it?

It is interesting though. Folks say Weddington doesn’t deserve the top seed due to having lost 2 games and losing to Marvin Ridge. Will these same folks give Butler their due for having beaten Langston Hughs? Doubt it, they’ve had too easy of a road in the playoffs. Isn’t that right CPC?

It is interesting though. Folks say Weddington doesn’t deserve the top seed due to having lost 2 games and losing to Marvin Ridge. Will these same folks give Butler their due for having beaten Langston Hughs? Doubt it, they’ve had too easy of a road in the playoffs. Isn’t that right CPC?
I’m one that doesn’t think Weddington deserves the number 1 seed and I give Butler their due for beating Langston (although they’re definitely down this year compared to their championship team last year). The thing is, we have a common opponent for Grimsley and Butler. One team lost ( I know it was the beginning of the season) while the other dominated them. And the common opponent is the best team in the East.

2004 Indy 257 - 61. 52 - 12 average. They averaged less than one punt per game.

2012 Butler 212 - 69. 42 - 13 average.

2013 Mallard Creek 275 - 82. 55 - 16 average.

Personally, I think the individual talent is really good in NC but the teams are not as solid as pre 2020. Not sure why but there was not a nationally elite team in NC or SC last season and I feel the same way at this point of 2023.

Reactions: Middle Sound Heel
2004 Indy 257 - 61. 52 - 12 average. They averaged less than one punt per game.

2012 Butler 212 - 69. 42 - 13 average.

2013 Mallard Creek 275 - 82. 55 - 16 average.

Personally, I think the individual talent is really good in NC but the teams are not as solid as pre 2020. Not sure why but there was not a nationally elite team in NC or SC last season and I feel the same way at this point of 2023.
When did NC really have a nationally elite team? 13 Creek might be the last one I remember and previous to that was 12 Butler.

Reactions: btango
When did NC really have a nationally elite team? 13 Creek might be the last one I remember and previous to that was 12 Butler.
Good assessment. I thought Mallard Creek was on the tip of it a few times but not consistent throughout the year. Top 100 may be more like it.

I believe in a one off that Providence Day is the best team in NC this year. Depth, especially on the line, is their only negative.

Good assessment. I thought Mallard Creek was on the tip of it a few times but not consistent throughout the year. Top 100 may be more like it.

I believe in a one off that Providence Day is the best team in NC this year. Depth, especially on the line, is their only negative.
I vaguely remember 13 Creek ending top 25 in USA TODAY or Max Preps. I have to look it up. They might be the last really dominant NC team.

Reactions: RammanuelKant
I vaguely remember 13 Creek ending top 25 in USA TODAY or Max Preps. I have to look it up. They might be the last really dominant NC team.
I think the 2013 was nationally elite after they figured out how to utilize their offensive firepower. I was referencing the other seasons such as 2010 and 2011. Thought they had the team in 2018 and 2019 to be special.

2017 Wake Forest was pretty solid all around.

Y'all arguing about nothing 😂. Weddington will win football game. I've been wrong 4 weeks in a row I'm due

I’ve seen Grimsley, Butler, Weddington and Providence Day play this year. Providence Day is the best team in the state. You are correct, depth up front is the only issue, but they make it through. I’m not sure it is even close. Beating a Rabun Gap team loaded with D1 talent in the championship proved that they make the best with 2 way players.

I’ve got Grimsley in a close one, Butler in a blow out!

By the way…Ram-whatever is a really good announcer.

Reactions: OptionFreak
I think the 2013 was nationally elite after they figured out how to utilize their offensive firepower. I was referencing the other seasons such as 2010 and 2011. Thought they had the team in 2018 and 2019 to be special.

2017 Wake Forest was pretty solid all around.
The 2010 Butler vs 2010 Mallard Creek west finals would have been something special although I had Butler winning. 2011 Mallard Creek was really good although I didn’t see the loss to Page coming.

2017 Wake was a really good team

Last edited:
The 2010 Butler vs 2010 Mallard Creek west finals would have been something special although I had Butler winning. 2011 Mallard Creek was really good although I didn’t see the lost to Page coming.

2017 Wake was a really good team
I thought Butler would beat MC in 2010 and in the rematch in 2011 after losing by a TD in Hales first game:

I’ve seen Grimsley, Butler, Weddington and Providence Day play this year. Providence Day is the best team in the state. You are correct, depth up front is the only issue, but they make it through. I’m not sure it is even close. Beating a Rabun Gap team loaded with D1 talent in the championship proved that they make the best with 2 way players.

I’ve got Grimsley in a close one, Butler in a blow out!

By the way…Ram-whatever is a really good announcer.
I hope to call one more this season!

I’m having to put a hold on high school football tonight. Texas is playing Texas Tech. Hook ‘em!

You've finally seen the light, Mister Honda. The next bottle of Richard's Wild Irish Rose is on me, Sir.

• Haha
Reactions: -SWETT2VICTORY-
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT