ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

Done research
How many schools has he attended ?
Got best out his freshman year by one of the QBs at Crest now
It’s just opinion
Yes I have seen him throw , decent , how’s his running ?
Got to have a dual threat at qb these days.
And at 150 lbs that’s a little light of you ask me.
92 are you his dad , uncle ?
Your research skills need some work Big Sausages!
He has attended 1 school, Chase and has started every year, including Freshman year.
He beat out the QB that is at crest now (I heard that is why he left Chase and is at his 3rd school)
Opinion's don't matter, stats & experience tell the facts.
How big was QB last year???
Big Sausages. I am just a fan that is a little excited about a Sr. QB moving in. I don't understand why you aren't? Are you the other QB's Dad or Uncle?

Reactions: BurnsBullDog02
Coach Lloyd has made great strides in righting what was left behind
Happy we have him leading the Program.
Kids will compete but I know who the loyal one is and been there thru the ranks and that’s where my money goes on.
Not always about loyalty but kid is super athletic and will get better with more reps. Ceiling is the roof !

He has attended 1 school, Chase and has started every year, including Freshman year.
He beat out the QB that is at crest now (I heard that is why he left Chase and is at his 3rd school)
Big Sausages. I am just a fan that is a little excited about a Sr. QB moving in. I don't understand why you aren't? Are you the other QB's Dad or Uncle?
Nope
But I been around long enough to know what I see
The qb last year you don’t wont to compare this kid to Tater.
Good grief , Tater was stout and could sling it and run if needed.
Love a good healthy competition
May the best win .
Only wil make Crest better the competition
I have my opinion who will win tho

And kind of strange you joined this thread and message board 52 minutes ago
Hmmmmmm
Welcome

Coach Lloyd has made great strides in righting what was left behind
Happy we have him leading the Program.
Kids will compete but I know who the loyal one is and been there thru the ranks and that’s where my money goes on.
Not always about loyalty but kid is super athletic and will get better with more reps. Ceiling is the roof !
This isn't Boy Scouts, this is FOOTBALL!! Players come and players go, that's the name of the game now. A little Competition is good for everyone and the best player should win the job. No matter where they came from. I think Coach Lloyd is a fair Coach that will put the best Player in the position.
I just don't understand why you are hating on the Chase players. You 've made negative comments about them since they moved. They are Crest players now. I would think we should support them all. Regardless of where they came from.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
And kind of strange you joined this thread and message board 52 minutes ago
Hmmmmmm
Welcome
Believe it or not, my initial comment was in no way a jab. I legit had questions on how it will all unfold because of comments made. No rumors either. Someone will get their feelings hurt one way or the other. I think BBB and I have both stated we have two options this coming year. Either Graham takes the lead or we develop the young QB's and let them take their bumps early. I am completely fine with either of those.

This isn't Boy Scouts, this is FOOTBALL!! Players come and players go, that's the name of the game now. A little Competition is good for everyone and the best player should win the job. No matter where they came from. I think Coach Lloyd is a fair Coach that will put the best Player in the position.
I just don't understand why you are hating on the Chase players. You 've made negative comments about them since they moved. They are Crest players now. I would think we should support them all. Regardless of where they came from.
I’m giving my opinion on who I think will win the job
If you don’t like it don’t read it
I guess I can’t state my opinion with you thinking it’s negative towards a player
We have two other Chase kids
I like the abilities of all of them.
You ain’t coming on here stirring up junk.
We will support all Crest kids and have them compete and see who wins the job
Stated earlier Lloyd knows football and will put both players on a position to be successful for the team.

Nope
But I been around long enough to know what I see
The qb last year you don’t wont to compare this kid to Tater.
Good grief , Tater was stout and could sling it and run if needed.
Love a good healthy competition
May the best win .
Only wil make Crest better the competition
I have my opinion who will win tho
Since you have been around for so long & been on this thread so long, I would think that you would know how to judge a player a little better and not come out of the gate so negative. I have been following this thread for a while but just now decided to post, so I had to join.
I am not comparing Tater to this new kid, you brought up size. I was just comparing their height and weight, they seem around the same.
I have watched the new kid's highlights and he can run and throw. He looked really good at 7 on 7 yesterday.
You are right, competition will only make Crest better and I hope that is what we all want.

I’m giving my opinion on who I think will win the job
If you don’t like it don’t read it
I guess I can’t state my opinion with you thinking it’s negative towards a player
We have two other Chase kids
I like the abilities of all of them.
You ain’t coming on here stirring up junk.
We will support all Crest kids and have them compete and see who wins the job
Stated earlier Lloyd knows football and will put both players on a position to be successful for the team.
I am not trying to stir up junk. You made the negative comments about him not starting at Chase & the comment a few weeks ago about the Chase players riding the pine. I haven't said anything negative about a player and never will. I guess you can say whatever you like but have issues with being questioned on it.

I know enough
I am not trying to stir up junk. You made the negative comments about him not starting at Chase & the comment a few weeks ago about the Chase players riding the pine. I haven't said anything negative about a player and never will. I guess you can say whatever you like but have issues with being questioned on it.
Tell your son good luck with the qb competition
I like your firey spirit

Reactions: Crest_92
He isn't my Son but I do hope the best QB wins the position. As far as my fiery Spirit, you haven't seen nothing yet!!! Tell your Son Good Luck at QB competition as well.
That’s not his son. Big Sausages is a Eunuch.

To my knowledge there is no favoritism at Crest. There is one goal and it never changes. It’s not always accomplished but the best 11 are on the field. It doesn’t matter if you’re a rich kid or from the trailer park or the hood. The best 11 play.

Of course being 2 deep gets more kids on the field but the QB position usually doesn’t handle that well.

Welcome to Cleveland County.

Right and wrong. I do agree a good QB battle is healthy. Better get used to it for the next level. Wrong about the eyes and ears. One foot out the door is a fact until AC won the lotto. Some people know who not to tell their feelings to. That I guarantee you. You have to wonder. What was said to get the Chase kid to transfer.... Once again, Otis is much sneakier than you ever gave him credit for or clearly knew. It will be a full season before all of the dust settles. I am a Lloyd fan myself so I hope he gets things back in order quick.
Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

LET’S GOOOO!!!!

Oops, four months too early for this. When you are the Cleveland County version of “ the Rolex wearing, diamond ring wearing, kiss stealing, wheeling dealing, limousine riding, jet flying sons of a gun. And we having a hard time holding these alligators down! Woo! We have a hard time not getting excited about Mountaineer Football.

GDTBAM! Woo!

LET’S GOOOO!!!!

Oops, four months too early for this. When you are the Cleveland County version of “ the Rolex wearing, diamond ring wearing, kiss stealing, wheeling dealing, limousine riding, jet flying sons of a gun. And we having a hard time holding these alligators down! Woo! We have a hard time not getting excited about Mountaineer Football.

GDTBAM! Woo!
I thought Crest folks was the only ones to use GDTBAM??? I know yall use it as a declarative statement: Good Day to be a Mountaineer but our Charger friends use is as an interrogative statement when they ask

Good Day to Bathe Again Ma????

Just doing my part here folks....

LET’S GOOOO!!!!

GDTBAM! Woo!
Excited Ric Flair GIF
We at Shelby like to yell 18 time.

• Haha
Reactions: shutdownD24
The Shelby Lions should be pretty loaded this upcoming season. Curious to see how the Lions use the Thompson kid. I can see them moving him out to a receiver spot this season.

Well Crest92 I’ve seen both kids play and if it is fair witch I hope it will be the kid from chase will win the spot his arm strength is great and coming out of pocket is good to speed is a question but let the best one win

Well Crest92 I’ve seen both kids play and if it is fair witch I hope it will be the kid from chase will win the spot his arm strength is great and coming out of pocket is good to speed is a question but let the best one win
What I noticed on highlights about his arm works well with the system coming. Lloyd likes to roll the QB out and throw back across his body and I noticed on some film he did that very well.

What I noticed on highlights about his arm works well with the system coming. Lloyd likes to roll the QB out and throw back across his body and I noticed on some film he did that very well.
QB situation is pretty much even at this time. Turner has some experience but NOT 3a experience and Melton has been putting in a bunch of work at camps.. I see this coming down to who the Coach has more confidence in after the summer 7 on 7s..ps Brock has better legs of the 2QB’s If arm talent of both QB’s are the same!

McSwain has experience on his side. Yes it was 2A, but he has been up against some good teams and done well. I also heard he is a smart qb and can read defense’s well. He has proven he can preform under pressure. His highlights running the ball look good and I think with the Creat OLine he will look even better. Melton is a good QB and will only get better as he gets older and has more experience. I think the competition will help both QB’s improve & grow.

McSwain has experience on his side. Yes it was 2A, but he has been up against some good teams and done well. I also heard he is a smart qb and can read defense’s well. He has proven he can preform under pressure. His highlights running the ball look good and I think with the Creat OLine he will look even better. Melton is a good QB and will only get better as he gets older and has more experience. I think the competition will help both QB’s improve & grow.
I think people are starting to do the math of why I legitimately asked that question. The plan was not to have a QB battle I can guarantee you that. Lloyd coming in may create one now because he is a good human but had he not came in the decision had already been made who QB1 will be and it sounds like you know the same thing I do. I stand by my original statement that someone is going to be pissed but once again that is not Lloyds fault.

I think people are starting to do the math of why I legitimately asked that question. The plan was not to have a QB battle I can guarantee you that. Lloyd coming in may create one now because he is a good human but had he not came in the decision had already been made who QB1 will be and it sounds like you know the same thing I do. I stand by my original statement that someone is going to be pissed but once again that is not Lloyds fault.
Nothing wrong with anything you’ve said. The truth is the truth.

I’m glad there is a battle and I think whoever Lloyd thinks is the best kid to lead the offense should get the job. That’s how it should work in normal society.

The kids will know. They always know .

Went out to KM Spring Practice yesterday and the UNC Running Back coach was out there looking at KM Running Backs.

In any competition the one that doesn’t win the position shouldnt be happy. But there are other positions on the field I know one of the qb prospect can play.
But let this play out
Long way to go , Rulz is correct the kids know who it is way before we do.
Nothing wrong with good competition
Can’t wait to see how this plays out.

Reactions: BurnsBullDog02
Believe it or not, my initial comment was in no way a jab. I legit had questions on how it will all unfold because of comments made. No rumors either. Someone will get their feelings hurt one way or the other. I think BBB and I have both stated we have two options this coming year. Either Graham takes the lead or we develop the young QB's and let them take their bumps early. I am completely fine with either of those.
I think Graham should get his year at QB but competiton is good. Typically 2 guys gunning it out to be the starting QB are great athletes and the second pick will start at other positions.

Everybody acts like it's just 2 people for the QB spot. Last year's backup moved the ball pretty well when he was in the game. He'll be a Sr this coming season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT