ADVERTISEMENT

GreenEville Vs. Pisgah

I would put up the Pisgah/Tuscola game when it is held at Pisgah against any game in the Southeast. It's been part of the Great American Rivalry series for several years. Even one of the East Tennessee websites came and covered the game last year. They were invited over by Jonathan Cromptons dad, who is a guest reporter for that site.

The Maryville/Alcoa was part of that to.

http://greatamericanrivalry.com/maryville-vs-alcoa-tn/

How many does your stadium hold and Who is you biggest rival? When those pics were taken, the attendance was estimated at between 12,000 and 14,000.
According to visitgreenevilletn.com, stadium capacity is 3,800. Can that be right? I hope Pisgah Nation travels as well as usual and fills the visitors side.

That wouldn't shock me .4000 people at A local high school game is a pretty big crowd.The DB band is around 400 and they took up a big slice of the Greeneville visitors stands.I was at a game they estimated to be 12,000 to 13,000 with DB vs South .The baseball stands and football stands full, plus countless walking around J Fred stadium that is a combo stadium for both sports.That was a huge high school turnout for around here,whatever the real number was.Now in Texas,that would be below average at a lot of stadiums

So apparently, a Pisgah fan called Greeneville High School today and proceeded to talk smack to the secretary about how Pisgah was going to beat the crap out of Greeneville. There was no need to nudge the beast, but from what I am hearing, mission accomplished. From what I am hearing, might wanna tighten those chin straps up a little bit. Devils might run the ball 20 straight times to start the game just to prove a point.

I"d hope Greeneville is already mad that a team is coming to Burley stadium with the intent of beating them in front of the home folks.If it fires them up even more,I'll start calling before every game and talking smack...Greeneville High school ? Yes,this is Bob from NC,and we are going to beat you and take your moms back over the mountains.NO joke,tell them Bob from NC said it.

As fans we talk a lot of smack. But let's not forget what a great experience this is for the teenagers. Sometimes adults can get in the way of the experience for the kids. Two unknown teams playing one another. I'm hoping for a clean, injury free contest full of slobber knocking hits and huge plays from both sides.

Just hoping for a good, injury free ballgame. Glad Pisgah is changing it up a bit. It was truly getting stale. Love going to new stadiums and checking out new facilities. Eating at new dives. See y'all Friday night.

So apparently, a Pisgah fan called Greeneville High School today and proceeded to talk smack to the secretary about how Pisgah was going to beat the crap out of Greeneville. There was no need to nudge the beast, but from what I am hearing, mission accomplished. From what I am hearing, might wanna tighten those chin straps up a little bit. Devils might run the ball 20 straight times to start the game just to prove a point.

Highly doubt a Pisgah fan did that. We've never had a fan do that before. Sounds like an inside job.

Reactions: mm373
I think you guys or gals have done a great job of talking smack to each other this week. Nobody has gotten out of line. Hopefully it's a good injury free game and all the Pisgah fans coming have a safe travels.

If any Pisgah fans go to the Farmers Daughter to eat they don't take credit cards or debit cards.​

Reactions: BlackBear95
I think you guys or gals have done a great job of talking smack to each other this week. Nobody has gotten out of line. Hopefully it's a good injury free game and all the Pisgah fans coming have a safe travels.

If any Pisgah fans go to the Farmers Daughter to eat they don't take credit cards or debit cards.​
Man,I have got to eat there.Every person in my family or that I work with in Kingsport says it's great.I always hope no high school player ever gets hurt because it's just a game and nomatter how big and strong they are,they are still someone in the stands boy who was taking his first steps just a few short years ago.Yes,I know that feeling well and I've been through the bad before.Never wish that on any parent of any team.

This is a great thread. Two slow hick teams getting it on. Pisgah got drug by a little 1A team Murphy who plays nobody and they still beat the bears handily. Watching Greenville on tape is not impressive either. Slower than Christmas. Try playing some of NC big boys first, then brag.That said Greenville by 21

I'm surprised Pisgah is even replying to this thread. I figured since Greeneville has only been playing football now for a few years they wouldn't be worth Pisgah's time. Pisgah won't know what hit them. Greeneville by at least 3tds

Reactions: Devilman03
Greeneville is the #1 Ranked team in TN in 4a.
They have beaten 3 6a teams open the season including #5 Ranked Science Hil 42-26 on Friday.
I don't see Pisgah being able to stop the Devils.

Devils win 49-14 Mercy Rule will be applied in this game
Geez black bear fans let it rest...you got blew out and humiliated by little murphy..the only outright championship you've won in years is the Haywood county mythical title..greenEville will name the score Friday night

If your test filled 17 year olds need a call to the secretary to get fired up you have already lost. I have no dog in this fight other than SP played Pisgah last year and my wife is a Greeneville alum. I typically get to see Greeneville play 1 or 2 times a year when we are in town visiting her parents. Generally speaking they have a good ball club but I do think they fit the "mountain team" mold that so many say here in NC. Do pretty well within region play until they step out and have to play schools from flat land. There have been exceptions I know as they have a few titles in the last 10 years..... Unless Pisgah has improved greatly from last year I think Greeneville wins pretty easily in this one.

If your test filled 17 year olds need a call to the secretary to get fired up you have already lost. I have no dog in this fight other than SP played Pisgah last year and my wife is a Greeneville alum. I typically get to see Greeneville play 1 or 2 times a year when we are in town visiting her parents. Generally speaking they have a good ball club but I do think they fit the "mountain team" mold that so many say here in NC. Do pretty well within region play until they step out and have to play schools from flat land. There have been exceptions I know as they have a few titles in the last 10 years..... Unless Pisgah has improved greatly from last year I think Greeneville wins pretty easily in this one.

Respectfully, that is a very uninformed post if you look at Greeneville's playoff and non-conference history over the last 10 years. While it is out of Greeneville's control, I will be the first to admit that there have been some very bad teams in their conference during that period of time. But their non-conference schedule has been against "schools from flat land" and they have won a very high percentage of those games, if not all of them. And the playoffs is the same story. Aside from winning two gold balls- which you dismiss as no big deal- Greeneville has made runs to the Semifinals nearly every year and got beat by the eventual state champion- who many "experts" say was the best team in the state those years in all classifications. Of course, being labeled a "mountain team" has no impact on the outcome, but I think the facts demonstrate that is very inaccurate and anyone who knows anything about Tennessee football would agree.

No need to worry about Greeneville. We have just been lucky over the last 9 years. 1runner up title(how did we even make it to the ship? Lost21-14) back to back titles in 2010-2011( now that was a joke) and since then we are just awful. Ballards 96-15 record since taking over must be inaccurate. Awh he must pay the refs

This is a great thread. Two slow hick teams getting it on. Pisgah got drug by a little 1A team Murphy who plays nobody and they still beat the bears handily. Watching Greenville on tape is not impressive either. Slower than Christmas. Try playing some of NC big boys first, then brag.That said Greenville by 21
"Little Murphy" has Coach David Gentry and his 300-plus wins. He himself has won seven state championships with them, and I think the school as a whole has somewhere between 11 and 15. They played like Champions and have my respect. I just think this will be a lot closer game than most think. I also agree that the call to the secretary may have been an inside job. We get fired up but we're not that classless. Pretty sure the secretary doesn't play anyway.

Reactions: BlackBear95
Please win an outright conference championship or advance past the 2nd round more than once a decade..congrats you beat tuscola..they aren't very good ..and the fact anyone from canton calls someone else a hick or redneck is laughable..clearly the smog is getting worse

How did that go?
They got embarrassed by another option team just like greeneville will embarrass them Friday night..the coach at Pisgah has enjoyed running score up on weaker opponents..i hope the green devils show NO MERCY

I'm sure Ballard won't after that stunt calling the school. We've been known to hang over 80 on teams like that

HAHAHAHAHAHA SOMEONE CALLED YOUR SCHOOL? Geez I've been known to talk a little smack every once in a while, but I've never called a school! I love all the jealous losers that come out of the woodworks to try and talk trash when Pisgah plays OTHER TEAMS (I'm looking at you WIR). Yes, we lost to Murphy, but that was the first game of the year playing a team with most of their starters back. We have improved a ton since then and have really gotten this triple option attack like a well oiled machine. Ready for the Bears to beat these goofy Green Devils. WE WANT BAMA!!!

Respectfully, that is a very uninformed post if you look at Greeneville's playoff and non-conference history over the last 10 years. While it is out of Greeneville's control, I will be the first to admit that there have been some very bad teams in their conference during that period of time. But their non-conference schedule has been against "schools from flat land" and they have won a very high percentage of those games, if not all of them. And the playoffs is the same story. Aside from winning two gold balls- which you dismiss as no big deal- Greeneville has made runs to the Semifinals nearly every year and got beat by the eventual state champion- who many "experts" say was the best team in the state those years in all classifications. Of course, being labeled a "mountain team" has no impact on the outcome, but I think the facts demonstrate that is very inaccurate and anyone who knows anything about Tennessee football would agree.

I think he was talking about Pisgah not Greeneville.

They got embarrassed by another option team just like greeneville will embarrass them Friday night..the coach at Pisgah has enjoyed running score up on weaker opponents..i hope the green devils show NO MERCY
We got beat by the state 3A champions,just like several others did and will this year.We were still playing in the third round when a lot of other teams were playing basketball.We beat a pretty good option team this year.As for running up the score, we scored 49 points against R.S it was 36-7 half time.A lot of the reserves played second half.Why not tell us how good your team did last year?

Franklin was fired up for Shelby last year, how did that go?

So he's a Franklin fan.Guess he's still mad because we beat his Panthers last year and will this year.This week we are playing the number one 4A team in Tennessee and the Panthers are playing winless Owen next week.The next week they really have a tough one.Carolina Wildcats .Hayesville beat them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT