ADVERTISEMENT

GreenEville Vs. Pisgah

This team of greene Devils is no joke. I fully expect them to win by at least 35. Plus I made a bet with someone on here on that as well. Who's your team? How do you know about the Devils?
I'm a fan of the Murphy Bulldogs, if you're a Vols fan you may be familiar with former Murphy and UT great Carl Pickens. I am familiar with Greeneville as they had a kid play in the SMC for a year at Cherokee and he ended up transferring to Greeneville for his senior year and being named the TN Mr. Football AA back of the year, Willie Carmichael.

I'm a fan of the Murphy Bulldogs, if you're a Vols fan you may be familiar with former Murphy and UT great Carl Pickens. I am familiar with Greeneville as they had a kid play in the SMC for a year at Cherokee and he ended up transferring to Greeneville for his senior year and being named the TN Mr. Football AA back of the year, Willie Carmichael.
Ah yes Willie C from Cherokee. BigVOLdaddy has some YouTube videos from 2010 when he helped us win state. Went 15-0 and broke a bunch of records. You should go check them out

We had a very good team. He was a great rb, but we had 3 very quality backs that year. Although I think west would have beaten us 8 out of 10 times that year. Elizabethton had some pretty good teams those years too that we were lucky to beat. If indeed greeneville is number 1 as you guys said, it will be a blowout.

Watched Asheville play Betsy both times.Elizabethton is ranked 6th in 4a and in the same conference as Greeneville. I don't think they have a chance against Greeneville.

Watched Asheville play Betsy both times.Elizabethton is ranked 6th in 4a and in the same conference as Greeneville. I don't think they have a chance against Greeneville.
Neither do I. Greeneville sent a message across the state on Friday night after beating Science Hill who was ranked #5 in 6a. We actually beat the top 3 favorites for region 1 6a. Guess that makes us region 1 6a champs? But anyway Science Hill beat Elizabethton 50-25 in week 1

I don't think you guys can overlook them though.Play a bad game and you never know.

You trash talkers better get online and watch the green devil's Hudl films...They are for real..We should have stayed in our neck of the woods and found somebody here to play....Their QB is bigger than some of our lineman....Long ride over...Longer ride home.

I agree that they are good, but the qb is 5'10", a buck 95. I hope you were being scarcastic about comparing him to the size of our line. He throws good and runs exceptional. Reminds me a lot of Zach Jaynes.

I agree that they are good, but the qb is 5'10", a buck 95. I hope you were being scarcastic about comparing him to the size of our line. He throws good and runs exceptional. Reminds me a lot of Zach Jaynes.[/QY

You suys need not worry about greenevilles qb. he is listed as 5/10 but he's realistically more like 4 feet tall and he plays like a school girl in a bathroom ful of las vegas prostitutes. He has a wet noodle for an arm and the running skills of fat albert. his only REAL qualification for being on varsity is that his daddy is the coach. And seriously, can some of my greeneville people plz tell me how the heck that man has kept his job this long? hes awful. and his assistants are even worse. No way no how would any of those bafoons make it coaching in north carolina high school football. the ONLY decent coach on that staff is danny bentley and thats because he's a pisgah bear himelf. Im pretty sure the only reason he's still with greeneville, is so he can spy for this game. as if he even needs to do that. Pisgah wins by 45, BOOK IT

Don't let 5'10, 195 lbs fool ya...he is pound-for-pound the strongest player Pisgah will play all year...and it is not even close

Great video from Greenevilles spring practice. The last min or so gives you a good look at the stadium a what to expect.

I heard you all in Greeneville were praying FOR a hurricane, so that you could cancel the game and not have to endure the pounding that we are about to give your little green turds!

I've seen him. He is great. That, however, is still a stupid statement. Next year you guys really need to schedule this little old team from Belmont, NC.

Reactions: WNC123
Evidently the fumes from the John Deere factory are really messing with you guys! Lol. I'd hate to see what you guys would act like if you played a top notch NC team... I love my Pisgah Bears, but we're not even ranked in the top 20 of our 2A class in the state. Calm the world beater claims.

Reactions: mm373
Evidently the fumes from the John Deere factory are really messing with you guys! Lol. I'd hate to see what you guys would act like if you played a top notch NC team... I love my Pisgah Bears, but we're not even ranked in the top 20 of our 2A class in the state. Calm the world beater claims.
Just because you're scared of these top notch schools doesn't mean we should be lol. Set'em up we will knock'em down. #greenemachine

Who said we were scared? We've actually played a few of them in recent years. So, your response is irrelevant. How did you get that from my post? All I was saying was that if I were y'all, I probably wouldn't be getting my rocks off over maybe beating this year's Pisgah team! Lol.

Who said we were scared? We've actually played a few of them in recent years. So, your response is irrelevant. How did you get that from my post? All I was saying was that if I were y'all, I probably wouldn't be getting my rocks off over maybe beating this year's Pisgah team! Lol.
Read the first page and you can see who's fans set the tone. We were told there would be some good trash talk here so we came to play. At the end of the day it's all in good fun since non of us are actually strapping up Friday night. As you can tell we take pride in our program and aren't afraid to let you know.

No one is getting their rocks off when we beat Pisgah and I have no clue what you have read that would make you assume that? Greeneville has never been afraid to play anyone even if we lose. We have travel to Graham, VA when they had Ahmad Bradshaw, we traveled to Mercer County, Ky the year after they won state, have played Maryville when they were ranked top 25 in the nation, etc. This game came about because a former Bear is our Offensive Line Coach and quite a few of our players are being recruited by App state, NC, and NC State. It's a fun experience for both the players and fans that hey to travel to different places. Yes we are going to talk smack when the first thing we hear is Bears by 35 against us when no one in the state would beat us by 35. Not even fans from NC outside of Pisgah Fans have given you much chance....

First off, I think when someone from here said that we were gonna beat you guys by 35, they were obviously just messing with ya. Second, my fiancees little cousin plays for Brentwood Academy in TN and I think they would definitely beat y'all by 35. Thirdly, if that's even a word, I really do admire y'alls passion for and belief in your team. And lastly, The Farmers Daughter better be good! After doing a little asking around and a few people I know from over near y'alls area, that's the recommendation I got the most! Lol.

First off, I think when someone from here said that we were gonna beat you guys by 35, they were obviously just messing with ya. Second, my fiancees little cousin plays for Brentwood Academy in TN and I think they would definitely beat y'all by 35. Thirdly, if that's even a word, I really do admire y'alls passion for and belief in your team. And lastly, The Farmers Daughter better be good! After doing a little asking around and a few people I know from over near y'alls area, that's the recommendation I got the most! Lol.
Farmers Daughter is Very Very Good! But on your way out of town you better stop by Pals on the 11e! Get a Big Pal and Frenchie Fries! Sweet Tea is killer as well!!!

Reactions: Jerald119
Yes they would.Brentwood Academy beat Bishop Dunne,TX last Saturday in Louisiana.Bishop Dunne has been to 3 straight TX state championship and won 1 of them. Loaded with top 250 players in the country.Brentwood won 21-14.

What's not even close?
I don't need to defend the statement. But I do know the kid's numbers in the weight room and I have played and coached for many years. And he is physically the strongest high school skill guy (QB, RB, WR, DB) I have ever seen in terms of his bench, squat and clean. And "it's not even close" means that I would be willing to bet that Pisgah will not play another team this year with a skill guy as strong as he is.

For Greeneville's sake, I hope Pisgah thinks he is like all other 5'10 high school quarterbacks.

Reactions: Devilman031

This team has shown they really couldn't care less about what others think. All the experts thought Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill would win those games, and Greeneville just shows up, wins, and gets on the bus. It really is a business-like mentality. It is almost like they know they have put in the work, and they know as long as they follow the gameplan, they have a good chance of winning. We fans are the ones that like to talk about who would win if Team X played Team Y. But Greeneville just plays the next team on their schedule, and this week, it happens to be Pisgah.

As far as the Brentwood Academy prediction, I agree that Brentwood is historically a very good program. But I think if you talk to anyone that has actually watched Greeneville over the last few years, you wouldn't find hardly anyone that would agree with you. Greeneville has the athletes and lineman and coaches to play with anyone at any level in Tennessee. Greeneville is not getting beat by 35 by anyone in TN or NC. I would also remind you that Brentwood Academy is a private school that is allowed to recruit kids and give them scholarships. Not the most level of playing fields, but Greeneville would still keep the game close.

I surprised that Brentwood Academy beat Bishop Dunne,TX.. I sure wouldn't say no one could beat you by 35. I know there is some teams in NC that might could. Mallard Creek is on a different level right now. Scotland County has the best RB in the country. White is no joke. If Dalvin Cook little brother James Cook goes to Georgia my Vols are never going to catch a break.

I don't need to defend the statement. But I do know the kid's numbers in the weight room and I have played and coached for many years. And he is physically the strongest high school skill guy (QB, RB, WR, DB) I have ever seen in terms of his bench, squat and clean. And "it's not even close" means that I would be willing to bet that Pisgah will not play another team this year with a skill guy as strong as he is.

For Greeneville's sake, I hope Pisgah thinks he is like all other 5'10 high school quarterbacks.

What I was saying, orginally, is I've watched a lot of his game film. He is very impressive. I looked him up on 247sports, and couldn't find where he's getting any offers. Is he getting any good looks from colleges?

Farmers Daughter is Very Very Good! But on your way out of town you better stop by Pals on the 11e! Get a Big Pal and Frenchie Fries! Sweet Tea is killer as well!!!

Go with a hot dog chili only frenchie fries and sweet tea or peach for the ride home.

Great video from Greenevilles spring practice. The last min or so gives you a good look at the stadium a what to expect.

media-DE225538.jpg

Your video link doesn't work. Here's a pic of our awesome stadium. Hope you guys get to visit next year.

Yes they would.Brentwood Academy beat Bishop Dunne,TX last Saturday in Louisiana.Bishop Dunne has been to 3 straight TX state championship and won 1 of them. Loaded with top 250 players in the country.Brentwood won 21-14.
It's all a matter of opinion and Brentwood Academy is a really really good team that i have seen play many times and don't think they would beat Greeneville by 35 (Coaching is to good for that to happen with the athletes we have). They also only beat Father Ryan 38-13 and Greeneville is better than Father Ryan.

What I was saying, orginally, is I've watched a lot of his game film. He is very impressive. I looked him up on 247sports, and couldn't find where he's getting any offers. Is he getting any good looks from colleges?

From what I know, he is being heavily recruited by a lot of FCS schools- basically all of the Southern Conference schools and several schools in the Colonial Athletic Conference. He is also talking to most of the Ivy League schools and the Academies. Most people don't realize that he is 4.0 student as well. He has some offers but I can't remember from who. He is only a Junior, so I imagine more offers are forthcoming this season and into the winter.

Unfortunately, and unfairly, most schools think just like your previous statement: "the qb is 5'10", a buck 95." That is,until they get him on campus to throw and run at one of their camps and then they won't stop calling.
Somebody will get a steal with him, but I am guessing that his size will make some coaches not even look at him. And in my opinion, that is short-sighted and ignorant on coaches' parts. If the kid can make all of the throws and make all of the plays, I have never understood immediately crossing someone off your list because he is 5'10 instead of 6'.

Couldn't find anyone from Greeneville that was getting offers.
http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/RecruitRankings?State=tn
Dorian Goddard Junior has offer from Austin Peay and UT San Antonio. (SC has been big on him)
Cade Ballard Junior has offer from Austin Peay and Carson Newman. (Will end up at Army in my opinion. Won the QB and Best underclassman at the invite this summer and wants to be a pilot)
Logan Shipley Junior has offer from Austin Peay
Cameron Hite Junior offer from Austin Peay (NC State, App State, and NC have all been high on him after camp performances this summer)
The one that might end up with the most offers when its all said and done is Chris Everhart Sophomore Lineman NC has been big on him after summer camp. (6'2 305 with great footwork and a nasty side to him!)

Last edited:
Sounds like your QB at Greeneville is basically just Zack Jaynes 2.0 who was my teammate at Pisgah and has been and still is one of my life long best friends. I know you probably don't know who he is but that's not a knock to your QB at all, that's a very good compliment.

And for the record, I am not predicting a 35 point win by Greeneville. I have no idea about Pisgah's talent or coaches. In my view, unless a team is very below average or is just outmanned from a talent standpoint, winning by 35 is hard to do. While some teams Greeneville plays are pretty bad and just can't match up physically, I don't think Pisgah falls in that category. I think they will make some plays on offense based on their spread look and their QB's ability to create. Greeneville, like every other game, just wants to end up with a win, whether it's by a lot or a little. Greeneville is not overlooking these guys. If anything, I think they are more locked in than normal simply because they know very little about Pisgah.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT