ADVERTISEMENT

GreenEville Vs. Pisgah

I wish we would have got to play teams like Greeneville TN when I was at Pisgah. It's going to help these boys be ready for some real competition and uncomfortable situations come playoff time that's for sure. I was a senior on the 2006 team and we had a coach that was more concerned with scheduling cupcakes just to pad his W/L record to maintain his job than playing big games like this to make his team better. The Bears very well may get beat this Friday, but they'll learn more from this game than any other this year. Kudos to Chappell for accepting it.

Reactions: Jerald119
Pisgah fans are hilarious. NC has some schools that are Greeneville's size that could match them on the field, but Pisgah ain't one of them.

So why did Greeneville choose a NC opponent? I know in WNC we're having a hard time getting enough non-con games since realignment.

Pisgah is actually bigger than Greeneville.Since Greeneville is a city school I was wondering if a county kid can pay a tuition and go there.I know you can do that at Elizabethton.

Pronounced Piz-guh. The Pisgah National Forest and Mount Pisgah are nearby. The origin of the name is from Deuteronomy 3:27, when Moses ascended the mountain to look in all directions, revealing the Promised Land to the tribes of Israel.
Thank you

If I'm not mistaken there is an Ex Pisgah alum on Greeneville coaching staff. Could be wrong.

If I'm not mistaken there is an Ex Pisgah alum on Greeneville coaching staff. Could be wrong.
That might be the Offensive Line Coach Danny Bentley. He is from over that way and played O line at App State. Greeneville has some ties from the Asheville area with Steve McCurry being the head coach in 07 and 08 and brought Coach Bentley over the mountain with him. We went over to AC Reynolds for 7 vs 7 passing in 07 when McCurry became head coach and did just fine against the Rockets

It is coach Bentley. Hope this game is injury free for both teams but I must say I'm looking forward to the running clock

Devilman, Just go ahead and tell em to start it as soon as our boys step off the bus. Obviously you have somewhere else to be Friday night. WAIT! Don't tell me your like our county counterparts and have better things to do.

Devilman, Just go ahead and tell em to start it as soon as our boys step off the bus. Obviously you have somewhere else to be Friday night. WAIT! Don't tell me your like our county counterparts and have better things to do.
Ha ha gotta be up by 35 for that clock to start and for me to win that bet

35? It's 42 in NC. I wonder if that rule is nullified when playing out of state teams? Or your house, your rules kinda thing.

35? It's 42 in NC. I wonder if that rule is nullified when playing out of state teams? Or your house, your rules kinda thing.
I've thought the same thing but probably be 35 since we're at home. I honestly expect nothing less than a 35 point win. We don't get to talk a lot of trash nowadays because everyone knows how good we are

So how are you guys against the triple option?
We have done good against the triple option, veer, power running games against much larger lines. We start 2 DE that are Juniors, a sophomore DT, and a Senior DT with another sophomore and Senior rotating. Running a 4-2-5 we will have to play good sound football and makes sure everyone knows who has the dive, qb, and pitch man which I think the coaching staff will do fine with. I think our D line will cause some havoc with how they have been playing causing the mesh point to be disrupted most of the night. We have some speed to burn on both the Defensive and Offensive sides of the ball. Crazy part about it is we will return 9 on offense and 8 on Defense next year also. Very young Greeneville team but most have started since their freshman and sophomore year

Funny how most of you Greeneville fans created accounts yesterday.
We have our own message boards like this one in Tennessee called coacht. Appvol invited us over because this is the first time playing a NC team to get a little friendly banter going. The same posters on here have been on the Tennessee boards for years and it hard to talk to yourself when there are no NC posters on there. Alot of NE TN knows about Asheville area school since Asheville high school has came over the mountain a few times in the past and Science Hill and Oowtewah having played Erwin the past couple of years

I'll give these Greeneville fans one thing... They definitely make for a more active and better message board this year than Tuscola did! Lol. That probably doesn't resonate to Greenevilles fans but it carries weight around here. Also, looked up Greenevilles field and facilities online... They look pretty nice! Looking forward to checking them out in person.

Swipes, Appvol is a tuscola fan. There ain't but 3 or 4 actual Pisgah fans posting on this thread. There's a lot more that read and don't post.
Most Pisgah fans know it's going to be a dog fight. I just hope our coaches feed our dogs gun powder and raw meat before they get on the bus. I believe our guys will represent WNC well.
I look forward to coming to a new stadium and seeing a new team.

Swipes, Appvol is a tuscola fan. There ain't but 3 or 4 actual Pisgah fans posting on this thread. There's a lot more that read and don't post.
Most Pisgah fans know it's going to be a dog fight. I just hope our coaches feed our dogs gun powder and raw meat before they get on the bus. I believe our guys will represent WNC well.
This one should be over by half honestly

Running clock can happen in the second half up by 35. You will see Friday night and say I was right.
So is the wing t what you guys run?

Yeah pretty much. Our QB runs it to perfection with a really solid fullback and wing backs. Definitely a handful to prepare for!

I'll give these Greeneville fans one thing... They definitely make for a more active and better message board this year than Tuscola did! Lol. That probably doesn't resonate to Greenevilles fans but it carries weight around here. Also, looked up Greenevilles field and facilities online... They look pretty nice! Looking forward to checking them out in person.

Depending on What time You make into town and want to grab some good grub check out Little Top Drive Thru, Pals, Top Choice BBQ (Good BBQ but I still prefer 12 Bones in Asheville), or my favorite if you have some time The Farmers Daughter (all depends on which way you drive into town, this place is off the 107 if you come over the mountain thru Erwin, TN). I would say check out the Famous Bean Barn next to the high school but they close at 2:30

Depending on What time You make into town and want to grab some good grub check out Little Top Drive Thru, Pals, Top Choice BBQ (Good BBQ but I still prefer 12 Bones in Asheville), or my favorite if you have some time The Farmers Daughter (all depends on which way you drive into town, this place is off the 107 if you come over the mountain thru Erwin, TN). I would say check out the Famous Bean Barn next to the high school but they close at 2:30
I have been to Greeneville a few times, for soccer tournaments at Tusculum, and to drop my kids off for summer camps at the UT/4-H complex. Nice town. Always wanted to play golf up there too, but never have been able to make it.

Not even close. I went to High School in NC my wife went in TN. My son is a FR at a TN high school and my wife teaches at University School in Johnson City.I keep up with both states. I knew you guys would have some fun going back and forth.I don't get into the whole my state is better stuff. I know both states have really good football teams.

Pals is awesome for drive thru.Best sweet tea. If I'm a Pisgah fan and coming over early I'm going to the Farmers Daughter.

http://thefarmersdaughterrestaurant.com/

Last edited:
Ranked 1 all of last year in 4a but got beat on a Hail Mary in the playoffs. Ranked 1 in the 4a AP this year to. I watched you guys play Knox West in 2014 and I would say this Greeneville team is better than that Knox West team that won it 2014 in 5a in TN.
We (Asheville) had a damn good team in 2014 and that Knoxville west team beat us. If this greeneville team really is better than that team, they really will win by 35+ against pisgah

Reactions: Devilman03
We (Asheville) had a damn good team in 2014 and that Knoxville west team beat us. If this greeneville team really is better than that team, they really will win by 35+ against pisgah
If this tells you anything about Maryville they beat that Knox west team 31-16 in 2014! Saw you guys lost 34-14

You guys had the RB that transferred from Reynolds and West had the Cottrell kid at RB that went to Georgia Tech.

Reactions: AhsCougar1
I sure am glad none of the Greene Devil fans are getting baited in to anything by any rogue wild polar bears out there because I know all my fellow Devil fans are smarter than that. We all know that our Devils have no shot at winning this game, the only reason we are even stepping on the same field is so we can get a good look at what it's like to play football with a REAL football team. I for one will be honored to share the same air space with such grande and glorious greatness. It will be a special night for me personally. I fully expect Pisgah to have my Devils mercy ruled by halftime.

lol, this thread is better than this year's Tuscola vs Pisgah thread!

You guys had the RB that transferred from Reynolds and West had the Cottrell kid at RB that went to Georgia Tech.
We had a very good team. He was a great rb, but we had 3 very quality backs that year. Although I think west would have beaten us 8 out of 10 times that year. Elizabethton had some pretty good teams those years too that we were lucky to beat. If indeed greeneville is number 1 as you guys said, it will be a blowout.

Devilman03, Pisgah got destroyed week 1 by a small 1A NC school of 500 students (to be fair it's a damn good 1A team). The 30-13 scoreline was not indicative of the beatdown that took place (Murphy had 200+ yards in penalties that kept things from being more lopsided). If Greeneville is as good as I think they are, this game will not be remotely close.

I'm not hating on Pisgah (I know they've had much better teams) just stating the facts as it pertains to the 2017 version of the Bears.

Reactions: Devilman03
Devilman03, Pisgah got destroyed week 1 by a small 1A NC school of 500 students (to be fair it's a damn good 1A team). The 30-13 scoreline was not indicative of the beatdown that took place (Murphy had 200+ yards in penalties that kept things from being more lopsided). If Greeneville is as good as I think they are, this game will not be remotely close.

I'm not hating on Pisgah (I know they've had much better teams) just stating the facts as it pertains to the 2017 version of the Bears.
This team of greene Devils is no joke. I fully expect them to win by at least 35. Plus I made a bet with someone on here on that as well. Who's your team? How do you know about the Devils?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT