ADVERTISEMENT

Just curious...

theTRUEdynasty

Dec 6, 2018
Is there another team in the state of NC....or really the nation....that plays the #1, #2, and #6 ranked teams in the classification ABOVE them in their first 3 games to open the season?

2A Shelby played the #1 team in 3A Kings Mountain to a statistically even game except for one category. Turnovers were 4-1 in Kings Mountain's favor. Kings Mountain was led by a defensive front with one DE going to UNC, the other possibly to Georgia, and 2 interior lineman with offers from App amongst others. Possibly the best defensive line in the state over all classifications. Pretty hellacious task for a Sophomore QB in his first varsity start.

Next up is 3A #6 ranked AC Reynolds who lost in the 4th round of the 4A playoffs last year. (They may not be as good as advertised given they lost to 4A West Forsyth this past Friday 8-7.)

Then comes 3A #2 ranked Crest fresh off a win over 5A and 18 time SC State Champ, Gaffney.

What a gauntlet to start the season?!?!

We aren’t the 6th best team right now, missing way too many guys due to injury. Tailback is out for at least 4-5 weeks, second leading tackler is out 6–8 weeks broken jaw, starting guard out 3-4 more weeks. We will be okay by playoff time, just kinda got to tread water until then. Played several sophomores and even a freshman at WF and still should have won. First and goal at the 1 and no points, we should’ve had a pick 6 at the 10 yard line (meaning he picks it he only had 10 yards to the end zone) but we flat out dropped the ball, we had 4 turnovers including a fumble as we were inside the 30 and driving for a possible winning score late in 4th. I’m not taking ANYTHING away from WF they won fair and square but we did shoot ourselves in the foot ALOT!

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
Is there another team in the state of NC....or really the nation....that plays the #1, #2, and #6 ranked teams in the classification ABOVE them in their first 3 games to open the season?

2A Shelby played the #1 team in 3A Kings Mountain to a statistically even game except for one category. Turnovers were 4-1 in Kings Mountain's favor. Kings Mountain was led by a defensive front with one DE going to UNC, the other possibly to Georgia, and 2 interior lineman with offers from App amongst others. Possibly the best defensive line in the state over all classifications. Pretty hellacious task for a Sophomore QB in his first varsity start.

Next up is 3A #6 ranked AC Reynolds who lost in the 4th round of the 4A playoffs last year. (They may not be as good as advertised given they lost to 4A West Forsyth this past Friday 8-7.)

Then comes 3A #2 ranked Crest fresh off a win over 5A and 18 time SC State Champ, Gaffney.

What a gauntlet to start the season?!?!
Wow, that's impressive !!!

Just ONE

they gonna be 0-4 starting off, and end up 5-5 or 6-4 if they beat Burns

OOC schedule helps their RPI alot given that tissue strength conference
Negative Nancy has arrived. I saw the glimmer of love you showed Shelby on another thread.

Keep up the pathetic work.

We aren’t the 6th best team right now, missing way too many guys due to injury. Tailback is out for at least 4-5 weeks, second leading tackler is out 6–8 weeks broken jaw, starting guard out 3-4 more weeks. We will be okay by playoff time, just kinda got to tread water until then. Played several sophomores and even a freshman at WF and still should have won. First and goal at the 1 and no points, we should’ve had a pick 6 at the 10 yard line (meaning he picks it he only had 10 yards to the end zone) but we flat out dropped the ball, we had 4 turnovers including a fumble as we were inside the 30 and driving for a possible winning score late in 4th. I’m not taking ANYTHING away from WF they won fair and square but we did shoot ourselves in the foot ALOT!
That's a lot this early.....poor conditioning or Just bad luck ?

That's a lot this early.....poor conditioning or Just bad luck ?
The broken foot was at practice, the strained ligament in foot happened in KM scrimmage just got tackled wrong, and the broken jaw happened in scrimmage against KM on a very questionable hit to the head. So none were what I would consider poor conditioning injuries, just bad luck.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
The broken foot was at practice, the strained ligament in foot happened in KM scrimmage just got tackled wrong, and the broken jaw happened in scrimmage against KM on a very questionable hit to the head. So none were what I would consider poor conditioning injuries, just bad luck.
What did you think about us?

I believe we had about 400 yards of offense to your 120.

Special teams killed us.

What did you think about us?

I believe we had about 400 yards of offense to your 120.

Special teams killed us.
I liked your offense, your defense was good, but I wish we had our TB playing we really struggle running and passing without him. And yes Special Teams was the difference last night.

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
Congrats on a great win last night.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT