ADVERTISEMENT

ECC Title on the line...

TD Pass2

Nov 25, 2016
One of the biggest games in the state (excluding Shelby and SP) will be played in Clinton, NC on Friday night when ED comes to town. Here’s what’s at stake:

1. A conference title. If ED wins, they take the title with no implications. If Clinton wins, it’s a 3-way tie for 1st place.

2. Playoff seeding. I think both of these teams get in the playoffs no matter the outcome, but where they land will be the difference in winning and losing. If ED wins, they most certainly are a top seed for the playoffs and Clinton should still sneak into a mid to bottom spot. If Clinton wins, it gets real messy. Drawing straws to see who wins the title (ED has had their fair share of the short straw) could be the difference in a top seed and a bottom seed for ED.

3. And finally, pride and bragging rights. One of our oldest rivals is a Darkhorse. These two teams have played some knock down, drag out instant classics in the past. The winner gets bragging rights and the chance for some conference hardware.

I’m gonna have to go with my Panthers on this one. But I will say, the fact that Clinton put up 22 points on WRH has me a wee bit weary lol. Hopefully, ED can find a way to win again like they have all season. This one has the makings of another classic. I’ll say ED 28-17

Let’s hear some predictions!

Go horses! You guys play like you did last night, you'll have a chance to get em. They're definitely not unbeatable. They think they are, but they can be had. Looking forward to another classic!

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Go horses! You guys play like you did last night, you'll have a chance to get em. They're definitely not unbeatable. They think they are, but they can be had. Looking forward to another classic!
we dont think we're unbeatable. youre the only one thats said that. we just know WRH couldnt beat us!!!

Reactions: EDPanther99
my honest opinion. i think "if we play well" that we are a step up from Clinton and WRH. we may have only beaten WRH by 2pts., but anybody at that game can tell you that at times we were completely dominant. that score was not indicative of how much we were in control of most of that game. that being said, we were very wasteful in the red zone, and WRH is a good team. thats why they had a chance to beat us at the end. after last nights score i think WRH and Clinton are on about the same level. which means very good, and capable of beating the very best teams, but not quite elite. i also think there will be a similar story against Clinton. i think Clinton is very capable of beating us if we dont play well and they do, but if we play well, regardless if Clinton does or not, we win a hard fought game. PERIOD!

Last edited:
Mercy. Got to listen to all that crap about how ED is the best team in the world , and no one knows more than 96. 0 ships. Go darkhorses!

Skull drag? Ok anyway....should be the usual smashmouth type of game obviously ED heavily favored but as last night showed Clinton alot better than that 5-4 record indicates.....last home game for guys like Kris Williams,Khari,AJ,Hampton,Trey Warren,Gage Jackson,Zeth Pearson i expect maxium effort.....Jalen Smith looking more and more like Ralph every game definitely has taken on that role of literally putting the team on his back.....118 yards to go along with 10 tackles last night

That JV game Thursday should be a good one aswell also for the conference title....if i dont work late i may ride out to East Duplin to watch that one

Mercy. Got to listen to all that crap about how ED is the best team in the world , and no one knows more than 96. 0 ships. Go darkhorses!
did your puppies improve on that 5 FIRST DOWNS performance that you did against us vs Clinton last night?

did "you" play football? if not then your knowledge of the game is probably lacking. maybe thats why when you read my posts you take notes. :)

96 don't let them get to ya. Yes Clinton is improved but I doubt they've faced a defense as stifling as our. Let the boys prove it on the field Friday. I'm not saying we or anyone else can't be beat but I think come next Saturday ED will be in first place Wrh 2nd and Clinton 3rd. Just my honest opinion.

Where did anyone say that ED was the best team in the world? Point it out to me. I'll wait.
he is just still mad that we "walked the dog" on WRH lol. he is also very relieved that the we didnt beat them a lot worse than what we did considering we dominated them at the line of scrimmage. at the same time he is disappointed that his puppies couldnt move the ball AT ALL on our defense other than the two busted plays. topple that with the fact that they very easily could have, and some may "should have" lost to Clinton last night, and you cant blame him for being bitter. conference games are not "gimmes" for WRH in the ECC like they were in the pop warner 1A conference they were in. :)

96 don't let them get to ya. Yes Clinton is improved but I doubt they've faced a defense as stifling as our. Let the boys prove it on the field Friday. I'm not saying we or anyone else can't be beat but I think come next Saturday ED will be in first place Wrh 2nd and Clinton 3rd. Just my honest opinion.
oh im not lol. i like messing with the guys drinking that "hatorade".

my honest opinion. i think "if we play well" that we are a step up from Clinton and WRH. we may have only beaten WRH by 2pts., but anybody at that game can tell you that at times we were completely dominant. that score was not indicative of how much we were in control of most of that game. that being said, we were very wasteful in the red zone, and WRH is a good team. thats why they had a chance to beat us at the end. after last nights score i think WRH and Clinton are on about the same level. which means very good, and capable of beating the very best teams, but not quite elite. i also think there will be a similar story against Clinton. i think Clinton is very capable of beating us if we dont play well and they do, but if we play well, regardless if Clinton does or not, we win a hard fought game. PERIOD!
Elite teams? Sorry 96panther I hate to break your bubble but East Duplin is not a Elite team. Elite status is Shelby, Reidsville, South Point, ED is a very very good team, but I think the Dogs and the Horses are just as capable of making ED or any other team not play well! . You know the other team has a lot to do with making an opponent not play well. We’ll see Friday night!

Last edited:
O ships for ed. You would think they have multiple by there knowledge over everyone else. Ed has to earn elite status. 0 ships.

Elite teams? Sorry 96panther I hate to break your bubble but East Duplin is not a Elite team. Elite status is Shelby, Reidsville, South Point, ED is a very very good team, but I think the Digs and the Horses are just as capable of making ED or any other team not play well! . We’ll see Friday night!
dont put words into my mouth Wiz! i think we are a very good team which are capable of playing at an elite level when we play our best, but i didnt say we are elite. and that was really more of a dig at a certain WRH fan who was talking about how "elite" the WRH defense was until we ran all over them. and yeah, we will see Friday night!

Clinton is capable of beating us if we dont play well, but they better be able to pass the ball. once again we shut down the running game last night. JK had -3 yds. rushing.

Skull drag? Ok anyway....should be the usual smashmouth type of game obviously ED heavily favored but as last night showed Clinton alot better than that 5-4 record indicates.....last home game for guys like Kris Williams,Khari,AJ,Hampton,Trey Warren,Gage Jackson,Zeth Pearson i expect maxium effort.....Jalen Smith looking more and more like Ralph every game definitely has taken on that role of literally putting the team on his back.....118 yards to go along with 10 tackles last night
34, I sure ED fans have fond memories of Jaylen Smith’s father Ralph on Dec 5th 1997 Eastern Championship game at ED. 35-0 DarkHorse win as Smith ran wild! But that was then, this is now. I expect a very competitive game next Friday night at DarkHorse Stadium

34, I sure ED fans have fond memories of Jaylen Smith’s father Ralph on Dec 5th 1997 Eastern Championship game at ED. 35-0 DarkHorse win as Smith ran wild! But that was then, this is now. I expect a very competitive game next Friday night at DarkHorse Stadium
why bring it up then? still living in the past?

why bring it up then? still living in the past?
Well the Horses have a past and they got a future too. It was brought up because our junior fullback is the son of the fullback on the 1997 team. There is a connection, get it? 1997 was 20 years ago but I can still remember the ED fans’ confidence like it was yesterday!

I was just giving Jalen credit thats all he does look like his dad out there....not living in the past just acknowledging it

Clinton fans, no offense but a good Wrh team did come back for the win. This is the same team that ED held to I think about 5 first downs. Our defense is stout and stingy and even if you try passing better hope your O line can keep your QB from having to run for his life.

Reactions: 96panther
I'm almost glad that Clinton "almost won" a game Friday night... it will make their tears that much sweeter when we're watching them file out of the stadium in the 3rd quarter.

How the mighty have fallen... pounding their chest over a close loss... pathetic.

I was just giving Jalen credit thats all he does look like his dad out there....not living in the past just acknowledging it
my comment was not directed at anybody but Wiz Darkhorse#34. he just loves bringing up stuff to take a shot at ED. nobody is fooled.

Clinton fans, no offense but a good Wrh team did come back for the win. This is the same team that ED held to I think about 5 first downs. Our defense is stout and stingy and even if you try passing better hope your O line can keep your QB from having to run for his life.
well said. we are definitely not unbeatable, but we are very good. i dont see anybody getting much yardage on us unless they have a balanced attack. and like you alluded to, a good O line! if not their QB will get hit, and get hit a lot!

normally i dont even talk this much trash, but with slick talking fans from wrh and clinton, i have no choice but to defend my team!

All in all, if both teams bring their A game, I don’t see Clinton putting up enough points to stay in the game. I think Clinton keeps it close until halftime or so. The Darkhorse defense will be gassed by the 3rd quarter and then it begins to go down hill. JMO

No chest pounding here a loss is a loss wether its by 1 or 30....story of this season is this huge gun we have with unlimited ammo...shot ourselves in the foot too many times to count...Cape Fear,Northside-Jax and that Wallace game all could have should have been wins but oh well....just want to see the same effort going forward Friday and into the postseason

Reactions: 96panther
All in all, if both teams bring their A game, I don’t see Clinton putting up enough points to stay in the game. I think Clinton keeps it close until halftime or so. The Darkhorse defense will be gassed by the 3rd quarter and then it begins to go down hill. JMO

Thats what happened in the 4th last night...after holding WRH to 7 points thru 3 quarters gave up 21 in about 5-8 mins.....the guys going both ways were just gassed

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT