ADVERTISEMENT

ECC Title on the line...

Yup know 99. Your scoreboard remark is correct. Still gets to me. But y'all never heard me give excuses. Would lo e to have another shot, but that ain't goig to happen. Have to live with it till next year.
it still gets to me that we didnt beat you worse being how we dominated the game.

Reactions: EDPanther99
Dogs...did #42 for WR Hill play Friday, I heard he got banged up. Real good player

No #42 didn't play. The middle linebacker #6 also did not play. Wallace played as bad as I've seen them play this year for 3 quarters. Numerous fumbled snaps, numerous holding penalties after good runs, roughing the passer, roughing the punt returner, 12 men on the feild, time out to avoid delay of game, I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Lol. It was a comedy of errors for a while there. And after all that they still managed to win the game. I don't think East Duplin will have much trouble with Clinton. Clinton is a solid team but East Duplin is a good bit better than the WRH team that Clinton loss to. I'll say ED 35-14. But I'm pulling for Clinton.
GO DARKHORSES! !

Y'all scored 14 points in 6 minutes. That was it. That was enough. Ain't no pictures on the scoreboard 99. Y'all keep living in your 0 shipyard. Final was 14-12. I'll have to live with that.

for some reason you have always thought you were GOD on these forums! somebody out there must have made you feel real special.[/QUOTE
Y'all scored 14 points in 6 minutes. That was it. That was enough. Ain't no pictures on the scoreboard 99. Y'all keep living in your 0 shipyard. Final was 14-12. I'll have to live with that.
dogs79, I've been looking at the projections (Charlotte Observer online) and pardon the pun, doggone small 2A is tough particularly in the west, some 2a heavyweights out there as well as some good ones in the east. Still, things aren't finalized until the last regular season games are played as who's small and whose large depending on the field's ADE. Some really good 3A teams that came down to 2A and some really good 1AA teams that came up. Should be interesting.

Wizard you Sir are a VERY BAD SPORT to be on a public message board and turn on dh34. He is one of if not the classiest clinton poster up here. Shame on you. You have always been a. Snobby Know It All. I have news for ya friend you are far from knowing it all and bashing a fellow horse is PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is coming from an East Duplin fan.

Wizard you Sir are a VERY BAD SPORT to be on a public message board and turn on dh34. He is one of if not the classiest clinton poster up here. Shame on you. You have always been a. Snobby Know It All. I have news for ya friend you are far from knowing it all and bashing a fellow horse is PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is coming from an East Duplin fan.
well friday night you like him because he's telling you what you want to hear. I disagree. You know I'm entitled to do that as well. Do you actually think I care what you think? LOLOLI am glad that you told me you were a East Duplin fan. I would have never guessed. I think you're a bad sport for this post. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.I'm just expressing my opinion too. At least II haven't resorted to any name calling, but if that makes you feel better so be it. What I had to say to darkhorse34 was really none of your business.

Last edited:
I'm definitely not saying I agree with wiz, but should he think the same as others because he's a Darkhorse. No he shouldn't. 34 shouldn't let wiz tell him what to think. No one has offended me on here because I want let them.
Thanks, dog79, some folks need to put their big boy pants and understand that sometimes we're not all holding hands on these boards particularly if there's a difference of opinion. It works both ways. Generally, when you send out a barb you can expect one back. Now don't let James Kenan give the Dogs any problems the second time around! LOL How did that come about?

Here here. He Thinks because he's old as dinosaur dirt he knows more than you, don't believe it, just listen to him. He'll tell you.

I've thought about some things and the Wizard of the East wants to make an announcement. Something I've never done in all my 14,657 posts on these board since July 13, 2001 (actually it was before then but these boards went under a different name before then)
I want to make an apology to you Darkhorse#34 for calling you out on these boards.I do feel strongly on most of why I said what I said but I was wrong/out of bounds in doing so on these boards. Simply put there's a time and place for everything and this wasn't the time nor the place. For those who do not know. I don't know who dh34 is. I've read where he may have played on my son's 2005 DarkHorse state championship and 2006 state runner-up team but we've never met as our board names. DarkHorse#34, if you will accept my apology it's my hope that you will continue to post on these boards. Hopefully, we can meet in person and share our passion for the DarkHorses. Who knows we may collaborate on some things!
For the rest of you knuckleheadso_O, everything goes as usual until the end of the conference and I believe that will be sometime around 9:30 + or - Friday evening.
After that, I'm all ECC all the way unless you're playing the DarkHorses. Ask the SWO fans where the Wizard was in their 1999 early 2000 championship runs.The ECC during that era was the best conference in the state and it prepared teams well for the playoffs.
Well, I've said what I wanted to say on these boards(I usually do) and good luck to everyone (not in the conference) but in the playoffs. From the look of the potential 2A and 2AA field, I think everyone's going to need it!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: TD Pass2
FYI: 1Charlotte's Observer's projections through 10-22-17

2AA East

1-East Duplin vs 16-Washington; 8-Bunn vs 9-Richlands

4-Randleman vs 13-Roanoke Rapids; 5-West Craven vs 12-Clinton

3-South Granville vs 14-T.W. Andrews; 6-Ledford vs 11-Cummings

2-North Davidson vs 15-St. Pauls; 7-Nash Central vs 10-Anson County

2AA West
1-South Point vs 16-Bandys; 8-Patton vs 9-West Stokes

4-Mount Pleasant vs 13-Smoky Mountain; 5-Newton-Conover vs 12-East Lincoln

3-Franklin vs 14-Forest Hills; 6-Wilkes Central vs 11-Pisgah

2-Hibriten vs 15-West Iredell; 7-Maiden vs 10-Foard

2A East
1-Northeastern vs 16-James Kenan; 8-Kinston vs 9-First Flight

4-Wallace-Rose Hill vs 13-Beddingfield; 5-East Bladen vs 12-Hertford County

3-Southwest Onslow vs 14-Warren County; 6-Ayden-Grifton vs 11-Farmville Central

2-SouthWest Edgecombe vs 15-Trask; 7-Bertie vs 10-Greene Central

2A West
1-Reidsville vs 16-Lexington; 8-Salisbury vs 9-Whiteville

4-South Columbus vs 13-Red Springs; 5-Shelby vs 12-Brevard

3-North Surry vs 14-Lincolnton; 6-Hendersonville vs 11-East Montgomery

2-Mountain Heritage vs 15-North Wilkes; 7-Wheatmore vs 10-East Rutherford

Automatic bids - 1A

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article173890576.html#storylink=cpy

Of course subject to change pending the last week of the regular season 11/3/17.

Last edited:
No need for a apology im going to continue to do what i been doing...like someone previous said everyone has a opinion...I love Clinton sports period so im going to continue to talk about it Support it and do what i can to help promote and celebrate the accomplishments of our student athletes current and former.I get up here and post updates just in case maybe someone who cant get the mixlr feed or doesnt have starvision can get updates on the game....back before mixlr and the online broadcast i had a hard time finding anything on games especially when i was overseas part of the reason why i wanted to start the Facebook page to help keep people informed thank God they got the online broadcast going when i was in England i would stay up late just to listen to the games......i dont think im up here hurting the team cause i give my view of strengths and weaknesses you can go on plenty of threads and see posters talking about their teams....you can go on hudl and see teams formations and plays so i dont need to provide a scouting report hell on that video made by Coach Lewis own son you can here the name of playcalls and everything so i hope you gave Billy Lewis the same speech you preaching to me.....all BS aside Wiz you do have a tendency to believe you know it all yes you have alot of knowledge about Clinton football and football in general and its not the first time you talked down on another Clinton poster @Darkhorse04 will agree cause i seen you do it to him......i respect you Wiz me and your son were classmates and teammates.....ill leave it at that....enough of this BS back to talking about football

And the comment about me talking about next season.....i went to a freaking JV game and was excited and optimistic about the future didnt know that was a freaking crime

Darkhorse#34 it appears you took my apology in anger when I was sincere. Yes I do know a lot about DarKHorse football not just now but back long before you were even born. I was Booster Club President when the club built the stadium in 1984 5 years before I even had a son in 1989. Naturally I was thrilled to see his/your team win a state championship.Some people are intimidated by people who have a fund of knowledge on a topic. I prefer when I experience that to tap into that knowledge if I’m interested in that topic. Anyway you go on about your business and if I can share I will be glad to do so.
Go DarkHorses!

Last edited:
No need for a apology im going to continue to do what i been doing...like someone previous said everyone has a opinion...I love Clinton sports period so im going to continue to talk about it Support it and do what i can to help promote and celebrate the accomplishments of our student athletes current and former.I get up here and post updates just in case maybe someone who cant get the mixlr feed or doesnt have starvision can get updates on the game....back before mixlr and the online broadcast i had a hard time finding anything on games especially when i was overseas part of the reason why i wanted to start the Facebook page to help keep people informed thank God they got the online broadcast going when i was in England i would stay up late just to listen to the games......i dont think im up here hurting the team cause i give my view of strengths and weaknesses you can go on plenty of threads and see posters talking about their teams....you can go on hudl and see teams formations and plays so i dont need to provide a scouting report hell on that video made by Coach Lewis own son you can here the name of playcalls and everything so i hope you gave Billy Lewis the same speech you preaching to me.....all BS aside Wiz you do have a tendency to believe you know it all yes you have alot of knowledge about Clinton football and football in general and its not the first time you talked down on another Clinton poster @Darkhorse04 will agree cause i seen you do it to him......i respect you Wiz me and your son were classmates and teammates.....ill leave it at that....enough of this BS back to talking about football
i really appreciate the updates in the Clinton vs WRH game! your updates kept me and some of my fellow ED fans up to date on the score the entire game. when our ED vs JK game was over, and your game was in its last 2 minutes, even after most people had cleared our stadium, i literally had at least 6 or 7 people standing around me to see what the outcome of the Clinton vs WRH game was going to be. some of these people i didnt even know. i kept hitting the refresh icon to see if anything had changed. needless to say it was quite a roller coaster ride! we were all kind of laughing to ourselves about it as we were doing it :) thanks again for your updates!

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Darkhorde#34 you mentioned being overseas, when I was overseas in Vietnam I would have sure liked the technology we have today. It took 7 days to get a letter from home and if you could find a phone a call back home was $21 for 3 min. Thank goodness for Armed Forces Radio and the Stars & Stripes newspaper!

I'm not much of a poster on here but for what it's worth DH34 is the real deal. Does more for Clinton athletics than the local paper. Keep up the good work and don't listen to the pew sitters.

Thanks I appreciate it....its all about the kids they deserve the recognition just trying to help promote that

Reactions: Friday Night1
Think Clinton wins this one by a point maybe 3. With that being said I think they meet again in the playoffs and ED wins that one.

Wow guys, what has happened to this thread? I wasn’t gonna comment but I saw my “name” mentioned in a couple of posts. Let me say I know both Wiz and DH34 and both are nice guys that are very passionate about DH football. Let’s not lose focus guys, we have the panthers coming to town. It’ll be a tough game but we got to stick together if we want to win, team and fans. Now let’s go.

Good luck to the panthers, but I hope u leave with an L. Either way, I see it being a close game none the less. Go horses.

Think Clinton wins this one by a point maybe 3. With that being said I think they meet again in the playoffs and ED wins that one.
DuplinCountyTiger, you have very good point and this could very well happen. Whoever wins may lose in a potential rematch in-the playoffs.The Charlotte Observer posted a potential bracket last week with 2 games left in regular season and it could happen.

this is all on ED. Clinton is a good team but ED is clearly the best team in the ECC. if ED plays at least half way well it wont matter how Clinton plays. ED will win.you will see Friday night.

So Clinton has nothing to do with it since it’s all on ED? Why wouldn’t ED or Clinton play well. It gets me when a team might not play up to expectations and the comment is made, ‘they didn’t play well” WELL WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT? Does one think the other team may have something to do with it????????

So Clinton has nothing to do with it since it’s all on ED? Why wouldn’t ED or Clinton play well. It gets me when a team might not play up to expectations and the comment is made, ‘they didn’t play well” WELL WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT? Does one think the other team may have something to do with it????????
does one know that dead ball infractions such as false start, illegal procedure, etc........have very little to do with who your opponent is??????????????

Sounds like a shallow excuse to me. If a whole lot of that’s going on enough to influence the outcome of a game the team must not be real good

I’m glad you think Clinton has a good team. The Horses may win or lose but I can assure you this they will have a impact on the game

Who needs a state championship if you are a fan of East Duplin? Their championship was played a few weeks ago. That's all they seem to harp on. Not all of them but a couple. They better worry about Clinton.

Who needs a state championship if you are a fan of East Duplin? Their championship was played a few weeks ago. That's all they seem to harp on. Not all of them but a couple. They better worry about Clinton.
just because i think we are better than WRH or Clinton doesnt mean our "state championship" was played few weeks ago. i didnt say Clinton wasnt capable of beating us, but i dont think they will. i have a right to my opinion just like all the cocky WRH and Clinton fans up here.

Not so sure eduplin is "clearly" the best team ecc. Top 3 tit for tat.
funny you should say that. almost every neutral fan i know that has seen all three of us play think we are a little better than both WRH and Clinton. but what do they know? they only watch high school football every week like you do.

funny you should say that. almost every neutral fan i know that has seen all three of us play think we are a little better than both WRH and Clinton. but what do they know? they only watch high school football every week like you do.
You said "clearly". I didn't say y'all weren't better on that night. I just happen to believe there's not alot of difference between the top three. I personally feel any of the three teams could go to state if they play to their capabilities. Your guys better bring it Friday night, or ya might get a shocker. I know your boys are good, but they can be had on a subpar night. Ed, Clinton, and wrh all very capable!

You said "clearly". I didn't say y'all weren't better on that night. I just happen to believe there's not alot of difference between the top three. I personally feel any of the three teams could go to state if they play to their capabilities. Your guys better bring it Friday night, or ya might get a shocker. I know your boys are good, but they can be had on a subpar night. Ed, Clinton, and wrh all very capable!
fyi, it wont be a "shocker" if Clinton beats us. i dont expect them to, but like i said, they are a good team.

Glad to know the Horses are “good”
Old dog I agree, I’ve seen all play in person and online. The 3 are tip for tat on any given night and all 3 will represent the conference well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT