ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Week 1 👀

Hey yall Waynos used to be my spot. Bout the only place in hickory you could get a chick to talk to ya ha ha. Good times but then later on Jesus happened. Ain’t been back Amen. But whole time I went I never had a cowboy hat. Some Fri nights in the fall I’d walk on in and I’d look to the right, see stadium lights said yup Foard gotta game tonight, sometimes I’d hit a game then go.

Well enough of the old life, does anyone know or kept track of Foard Maiden series?? Has to be I’d imagine only 3 or 4 wins since Elvis broke out the jail house rock hit. Well now yall got that song stuck in your head rest of night
It's very lopsided

That Cowboy hat wuddnt sitting right!😂😂
My friend, he just didn't like it at all. At the time, I was around 13-14, and thought it made me look like Will Kane in High Noon (That one might be a little too old for you. It was a movie). I liked him (Will Kane) because he stood up to bad man Frank Miller and his henchmen, even though he was afraid and couldn't get anyone to help him.

Last edited:
@Lincolnton you would be surprised lol. I listen to wide range of music 😂. From beach boys, Mama's and Papa's to George strait to Morgan wallen, and jelly roll. From guns n roses to smashing pumpkins to Shinedown
No, my friend, in spite of me playing you up as a tough, coarse and impulsive type, I've come to believe you have a very cultured side.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Hey yall Waynos used to be my spot. Bout the only place in hickory you could get a chick to talk to ya ha ha. Good times but then later on Jesus happened. Ain’t been back Amen. But whole time I went I never had a cowboy hat. Some Fri nights in the fall I’d walk on in and I’d look to the right, see stadium lights said yup Foard gotta game tonight, sometimes I’d hit a game then go.

Well enough of the old life, does anyone know or kept track of Foard Maiden series?? Has to be I’d imagine only 3 or 4 wins since Elvis broke out the jail house rock hit. Well now yall got that song stuck in your head rest of night
Maiden and Foard have met 64 times since 1959. Maiden leads the series 59-5.

Maiden and Foard have met 64 times since 1959. Maiden leads the series 59-5.
5 games!!! Well that’s more than the 3 I was guessing ha ha. I knew it was a low number in that range. Think last Foard win was 2004 or 2005. That team was one for the ages from what I faintly remember. Gettys was coach then. Think it was really just a soild tough class of guys come through not to be seen again. Kinda sorta like Hickory 96’ team. Last years Hickory even though they won it all was close but still not quiet the level of 96’

5 games!!! Well that’s more than the 3 I was guessing ha ha. I knew it was a low number in that range. Think last Foard win was 2004 or 2005. That team was one for the ages from what I faintly remember. Gettys was coach then. Think it was really just a soild tough class of guys come through not to be seen again. Kinda sorta like Hickory 96’ team. Last years Hickory even though they won it all was close but still not quiet the level of 96’
No…Foard goose egged Maiden in a 1st round playoff game in 2017.

Reactions: beamer24
I listened to the podcast with Christ School's head football coach on the Private School Forum. It's worth a listen if you have 45 minutes. I don't want to ruin it but he agreed with the interviewer that his team is in the top 4 overall in N.C. That's saying something.
I listened to it as well. Great discussion on NIL….which I know very little about.

Having players from 3 countries other than the U.S. was surprising as well.

“Behind the beard” podcast…imma try to keep up with them. Good stuff.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
No…Foard goose egged Maiden in a 1st round playoff game in 2017.
Ehhh I musta been out of the loop on that one. Good class of guys that slipped past me but hey that 04-05 group was soild and even more so
I so apologize I didn’t do my research on that one but gimmie credit I didn’t claim to know the series between the 2 schools that’s why I asked. Prob cause we all get use to Foard losing but this year I think they’ll snag a few or at least hang in some close ones

Last edited:
Ehhh I musta been out of the loop on that one. Good class of guys that slipped past me but hey that 04-05 group was soild and even more so
I so apologize I didn’t do my research on that one but gimmie credit I didn’t claim to know the series between the 2 schools that’s why I asked. Prob cause we all get use to Foard losing but this year I think they’ll snag a few or at least hang in some close ones
I believe that playoff loss Caleb was hurt and didn't play or got hurt playing in game. I wanna remember correctly we had an Easter Burke situation at end of regular season 🤣🤣. One year Foard had a good year with a kid from Texas moving there. He played RB and CB. I guess no one told him he moved to the wrong school district 🤣🤣

I believe that playoff loss Caleb was hurt and didn't play or got hurt playing in game. I wanna remember correctly we had an Easter Burke situation at end of regular season 🤣🤣. One year Foard had a good year with a kid from Texas moving there. He played RB and CB. I guess no one told him he moved to the wrong school district 🤣🤣
Yeah he didn’t have you then to get him the memo ha ha. Foard seems to be an every once in a while thing kinda like East Burke. Our last explosive seasons was 07’ and 15’. 08’ we had Shatley back and done reasonably well and made it to first round but it appeared he lost some of his line from the year before which goes to show that no matter what you got carrying the rock you gotta have some troops in the trenches

I played at Maiden in 04-05. We didn't lose to Foard those years.

Bandys by 26
Bunker Hill playing a improved Freedom team but will be too much I think I’ll take the bears by 27 👀
Christ School talent and way too much for the Cavaliers - Christ 48 EB 12
South Point by 6
Maiden rolls over Fred T Ford I say final score will be 42-8
West Henderson by 44
South Caldwell wins over West 31-13
North Lincoln in a nail biter by 2

Bandys by 26
Bunker Hill playing a improved Freedom team but will be too much I think I’ll take the bears by 27 👀
South Point by 6
West Henderson by 44

Bandys by 26
South Point by 6
West Henderson by 44
I went walking at Freedom park the other day and Freedom was out there practicing they got some pretty good size boys it looks like. New Coach, New Expectations. But I agree I think Bunker Hill will be a little too much for them this year. I like Bunker Hill but I think it's a little bit more closer than what you predicted ( 27 ). I think they win by at least 2 TD

I think the Texas kid was at Foard in 07 and 08. 07 Foard, Newton and Hibriten was a 3 way tie for conference and Newton won the ship.

Ok now I make the picks 🥁.
Bandy's beats st Stephen's. Lowman will try but his Alma mater will get him. Lowman is smart, but I think smart coaches are usually offensive coordinators not head coaches.
Freedom beats bunker Hill. Y'all are underestimating this team. They started figuring it out at end of last year. This year new championship coach and new talented players from different schools.
Christ School over East Burke. Fans seem intimidated, so players probably feeling the intimidation.
South point over Lincolnton. Just seems like they have their number
Maiden over Foard. Maiden hunts and puts an injured neutered tiger out of its misery.
West Henderson over Newton. Newton doesn't have toughness or strength to stop West
South over West. Battle of bad teams
North over West. North just a little more athletic and deeper.

Bandy's beats st Stephen's. Lowman will try but his Alma mater will get him. Lowman is smart, but I think smart coaches are usually offensive coordinators not head coaches.
Freedom beats bunker Hill. Y'all are underestimating this team. They started figuring it out at end of last year. This year new championship coach and new talented players from different schools.
Christ School over East Burke. Fans seem intimidated, so players probably feeling the intimidation.
Maiden over Foard. Maiden hunts and puts an injured neutered tiger out of its misery.
West Henderson over Newton. Newton doesn't have toughness or strength to stop West

Great picks. BH / Freedom should be a good game I just don't see them beating BH. Two GREAT coaches will be going at it though up in Morganton. It could come down to the better coaching late in the game. I think BH might have the better talent out of the two teams. I just can see Freedom struggling early. I say they lose this one but win next two games vs EB and Forest view and they won't stand a chance vs Gaffney. They'll be 2-2 after week 4 before another tough game vs Chase which should be a good one.

Seeing film on Freedom...I think their defense struggles on the edges. Look for BH to be successful on the outside. Freedom offense seems like it will be good...but can they overcome their own defense?

I'll take BH, believe their defense gets more stops...2 score game would be my guess. Somewhere around 35-21.

Seeing film on Freedom...I think their defense struggles on the edges. Look for BH to be successful on the outside. Freedom offense seems like it will be good...but can they overcome their own defense?

I'll take BH, believe their defense gets more stops...2 score game would be my guess. Somewhere around 35-21.
Right.....Freedom offense is going to have to score to stay in this game. Freedom will either do just enough to stay in the game or they will do a dud. Hopefully their fans show up and make it a great atmosphere for their first home game against a team like the Bears. You know the Bears will have a crowd on the away side.

Last edited:
Massey's Ratings prediction for the season:

1. Bunker Hill (7-0) 10-0
2. Maiden (6-1) 8-2
3. West Lincoln (5-2) 7-3
4. Lincolnton (4-3) 4-6
5. Bandys (3-4) 6-4
6. Newton (2-5) 3-7
7. East Burke (1-6) 2-8
8. West Caldwell (0-7) 0-10

Massey's Ratings conference game score predictions (within 1 score):

Bunker Hill 30 - West Lincoln 28
Bunker Hill 31 - Maiden 28
Maiden 32 - West Lincoln 28
Maiden 35 - Lincolnton 27
West Lincoln 30 - Lincolnton 28
Lincolnton 35 - Bandys 28
Bandys 34 - Newton 29

Gonna be a barn burner of a Conference again this year. Good Luck to all teams.
Last place will def come down between EB and West Caldwell....I hate to say this about my alumni but there is a chance they might be as bad as they were last year I hope I'm wrong. But we really don't have a QB our running backs are small but they aren't really bad. EB will be known for big lineman though once again this year. EB could be in for another long season but hopefully won't have to deal with injuries.

Ok no football rant at my engineer friend 🤣. Engineers should be required to try and fix repairs on their designs 🤣🤣. Changed the fuel pump on my truck today and 2 options take whole bed off truck or drop the fuel tank 🤬. Why not engineer a hatch in the bed above the fuel pump. Now I could engineer this myself lol done it a many times on my demolition cars. But a little harder to bring myself to cutting a whole in my truck bed 🤣🤣. So 5 hours later I'm done and look like a coal miner. Thanks engineers 🤣🤣

I would suggest making a tomato, cheddar and mayo sandwich at home. Wrap it in tinfoil and put it in a slider bag so it won’t drip.
Make sure to put it in your pocket before entering the stadium or the gate attendants might insist that you can’t bring it in. If they do see it, tell them you’re a heart patient on a very strict diet. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t…Just trying to help. :)
I like that plan

Last place will def come down between EB and West Caldwell....I hate to say this about my alumni but there is a chance they might be as bad as they were last year I hope I'm wrong. But we really don't have a QB our running backs are small but they aren't really bad. EB will be known for big lineman though once again this year. EB could be in for another long season but hopefully won't have to deal with injuries.

Tough schedule for EB you could have a good team and still loss a lot of games one of the tougher schedules you will see this year for them!!

Guess the location:
The entire Lincoln Co School Administration on one side, waving Confederate Flags, clapping and singing along with multiple renditions of Dixie. On the other side sits the entire admin board of the Sailview Yacht Club, waving country club membership cards and singing "Take Off".

First correct answer wins a Zero bar.

3 TD by way of the pass last night for EB Somp QB can throw!!

Sorry, I know this is a prediction thread...

I forfeit. I follow Lincolnton's policy regarding picking the Wolves and will never pick for one of those directional schools, even against each other.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT