ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Round 4 (Bunker Hill at Reidsville)

well...since you guys are deciding who is the youngest poster.....let's go after the oldest....I'm 73....but a certain 4 legged animal know for being stubborn has got me by a few years.........I'll let him tell you....................
Had to take this test for a job a long time ago. One of the words I recall missing was "sagacious", and it stuck with me after that.
I can tell everybody this, in spite of age, sagacious is a really good way of describing you and him.

lol....gotta tell my wife this....but I'm certain she would have an opposing view...................
My neighbor's granddaughter just got back after finishing college in the north. She and her aunt, who is my age, 70, were talking. The aunt told her about an old saying, "Careful what you wish for, you might just get it".

She then told her aunt that there is another old saying that goes "There's no fool like an old fool", and that she (her aunt) wasn't attuned to modern times"... I thought to myself, "Yeah smart@$$ and here's another one, "There's no cool like an old cool" ! They just think they got something on us. ;)

I’ll for sure stick around but at 25 years old going to be a little while before another robinson comes through the hill
Start as young as you can...children are an absolute blessing. My wife and I had our second kid two weeks ago. If we had met sooner we definitely would have started sooner...shooting for 4. 2 girls down...hopefully 2 boys next...gotta replenish the Maiden Football ranks.

Start as young as you can...children are an absolute blessing. My wife and I had our second kid two weeks ago. If we had met sooner we definitely would have started sooner...shooting for 4. 2 girls down...hopefully 2 boys next...gotta replenish the Maiden Football ranks.
Wouldn’t stop till I had a son 😂

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
well...since you guys are deciding who is the youngest poster.....let's go after the oldest....I'm 73....but a certain 4 legged animal know for being stubborn has got me by a few years.........I'll let him tell you....................
OK. So I'm 81. Thanks for reminding me as if I needed any reminders. But my mother will be 102 in January so I bet she is the oldest mother of any poster on these boards!! :rolleyes: o_O

Only an hour and a half from Claremont to Reidsville ... that's not much when compared to how far Madison County and Brevard had to travel. Expecting a big crowd on both sides.

First meeting ever between these two schools. Question: how long has Bunker Hill been a high school? I'm guessing the old Claremont High School (opened in 1925) is part of the make-up.
Bunker Hill High School opened in 1954 and their first year of football was the fall of 1958. Fred T. Foard High School opened in 1953 and began football in 1958, the same year as Bunker Hill. In 1959 both teams joined the original Southern District Seven Conference.

I'm sure the Claremont High School you located opening in 1925 was actually Claremont Central High School, the original name of Hickory High School, that opened in 1925.

That school was named after the part of town it was located in within the city limits of Hickory and had an established women's college by the name of Claremont College for Women on the original property. When the newer school for Hickory opened in 1973 it became know officially as Hickory High then.

You
How is the 'ol Bears secondary looking these days? Because Friday night you will see four wide outs with speed and size like you have never seen this year.

You will like Community Stadium otherwise as Reidsville now has concessions and real bathrooms on the visitors side, things that were sorely missing in the past. And, or course, you will easily see the sign "The Football Capital of North Carolina" just to remind you where you are. :cool: ;):cool:
had me at bathrooms and concession on the visitor's side. New turf field yet?

Bunker Hill High School opened in 1954 and their first year of football was the fall of 1958. Fred T. Foard High School opened in 1953 and began football in 1958, the same year as Bunker Hill. In 1959 both teams joined the original Southern District Seven Conference.

I'm sure the Claremont High School you located opening in 1925 was actually Claremont Central High School, the original name of Hickory High School, that opened in 1925.

That school was named after the part of town it was located in within the city limits of Hickory and had an established women's college by the name of Claremont College for Women on the original property. When the newer school for Hickory opened in 1973 it became know officially as Hickory High then.
Feels like Catawba County has too many high schools. I wonder sometimes if there are less high schools if Catawba county would be one of those counties that are up there with Cleveland County as far as constant talented teams. I feel this county has as much football talent as any county in the state it's just spread thinner with so many high schools.

have faced that the past 2 weeks
One thing you will learn about Reidsville is, they will always be the scariest team there is on the internet, on this site. You will see repetitive posts about their speed, and see the lopsided scores. In 2021, on a collision course with Shelby, they literally made a thread about their speedy receivers, clearly an intimidation tactic. They were fast alright, as they will be this year, with even more weapons. They have the best collection of skilled players in all of 2A. What you won’t see bragged about, though, is their play in the trenches. It’s good but not great.

Bunker Hill will be better in the trenches, period, and you will have success running the ball, offensively. You will also be able to pressure their quarterback. I have seen the BH front 7. It’s a nasty bunch. There’s size and aggression there. This will be a great game. I give Reidsville the edge, mainly because they are at home, with a rabid fan base behind them.

Last edited:
One thing you will learn about Reidsville is, they will always be the scariest team there is on the internet, on this site. You will see repetitive posts about their speed, and see the lopsided scores. In 2021, on a collision course with Shelby, they literally made a thread about their speedy receivers, clearly an intimidation tactic. They were fast alright, as they will be this year, with even more weapons. They have the best collection of skilled players in all of 2A. What you won’t see bragged about, though, is their play in the trenches. It’s good but not great.

Bunker Hill will be better in the trenches, period, and you will have success running the ball, offensively. You will also be able to pressure their quarterback. I have seen the BH front 7. It’s a nasty bunch. There’s size and aggression there. This will be a great game. I give Reidsville the edge, mainly because they are at home, with a rabid fan base behind them.
one thing I can say about this BH team is the intimidation tactic doesn’t work on them. These kids could be facing Alabama and they wouldn’t care

This game will probably be decided whether BH can control the ball with their ground game and keep the Reidsville offense off the field. If BH can do that they have a great shot at winning.

Last edited:
You

had me at bathrooms and concession on the visitor's side. New turf field yet?
Reidsville thru some major donation from Lowes, Carolina Panthers and community donations spent a million and half dollars to upgrade the stadium....new turf field, new bathrooms and concessions on visitor side, new track and just general overall appearance of the stadium....it is first class.......

How is the 'ol Bears secondary looking these days? Because Friday night you will see four wide outs with speed and size like you have never seen this year.

You will like Community Stadium otherwise as Reidsville now has concessions and real bathrooms on the visitors side, things that were sorely missing in the past. And, or course, you will easily see the sign "The Football Capital of North Carolina" just to remind you where you are. :cool: ;):cool:
The next question will be "Where is the ALWS Stadium we keep hearing about?"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT