ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - another solid season

It's not us putting y'all down for injuries they happen and can effect a season we had them on our team that hurt too. It's just y'all beat it like a dead horse and it got redundant. We probably would have never said much if y'all would have finally buried that poor dead horse 🤣. But we still like y'all 🤣
Love you man :) Gotta admit, we prob had the most injures of any team I’ve seen. I won’t deny they don’t happen as you say cause they do.

Keep the good post coming.

@amaidendevil

Will he be able to keep the portal closed at newton or will some jump ship?
I don't know that his offense will favor certain kind of players. But it looks like he has adapted it a little bit. I think the biggest problem is everybody there was expecting a home run hire. And this will look like it fell short to a lot of people

Reactions: FormerDog38
I don't know that his offense will favor certain kind of players. But it looks like he has adapted it a little bit. I think the biggest problem is everybody there was expecting a home run hire. And this will look like it fell short to a lot of people
A 1-9 and 6-5 record hardly stokes the fire of excitement.

It's same ol same ol there. Half the program and community will be thrilled because they are getting some nostalgia and home blood. And the other half will feel like they got shorted with a inexperienced coach without a winning pedigree

Good recap of whole area. I got bored and figured I’d try to keep the fire poking on this post. My 2cents on the season are:

A head dropper and tears of disappointment for the EB season filled with hype and promises to be dashed by excessive injuries to numerous key players. It’s like the military, you sign up knowing you can go to another country and get shot up, you put the pads on and step out in the field knowing you can get hurt. Just how it is.

I thought higher bout Bandys with all the returns, good JV team of last year and big time coaches. Usually a program that’s always over .500 that don’t disappoint

Bunker Hill, hats off to em, down years later turned into something big and they made some noise this year. CVAC play of the year(as far as reg season conf games go) was 103 yard run after getting hit in backfield for a sure safety. I’m sure we’ll expect another good un next year.

Maiden, yeah you know you guys will be back and tougher next year. 1st and prob (I say prob cause I’m hopeful) last victory by EB over Maiden was with Shatley lead super power team in 07’.

Lincolnton and West Lincoln should be ok and are pretty established in what they got going on. One of the coolest guys you’d ever meet is a Lincolnton fan. EB still looking for that 1st varsity win against this classic program.

Newton and West Caldwell…to be cont LOL

Outside CVAC teams- expect another Hickory run. Maybe even a repeat. How bout dem’ Tornadoes. Cheerduck one happy man. But hey, they still ain’t the Hickory 96’ team. That’s just one set of boys that you can’t put into words how good they were. Watauga oughta do their thing til 3rd round. Freedom, look for improvement. North Lincoln- buddy watch out, we may have something. Almost all starters both sides of ball returning with a running back duo that will top the area. 3rd round at best due to the tallent that’s out there.

You had mentioned other good teams around the state, just wanted to put in a plug for the Lincolnton Wolves who are 6-0 and ranked 2nd in the west by MaxPreps. Their last game was yesterday evening with a 65-40 win over 1A Cherryville who is 6-2.
The Wolves take on undefeated Bandys, ranked number 1 in the west, there, on January 9th.

While I'm at it let me offer props to The Combine Academy National Goats from Lincolnton, who are 12-1. They are number 3 in the overall state rankings by MaxPreps. Don't think they're in a conference or even in a classification. Guess you could say they won't let them join in any reindeer games but they did let them be in the rankings. They have a couple who are 6'8 and I believe one of is maybe 7 feet... I've see them come into Walmart at night to buy snacks. Looks like all of them are tall.

You had mentioned other good teams around the state, just wanted to put in a plug for the Lincolnton Wolves who are 6-0 and ranked 2nd in the west by MaxPreps. Their last game was yesterday evening with a 65-40 win over 1A Cherryville who is 6-2.
The Wolves take on undefeated Bandys, ranked number 1 in the west, there, on January 9th.

While I'm at it let me offer props to The Combine Academy National Goats from Lincolnton, who are 12-1. They are number 3 in the overall state rankings by MaxPreps. Don't think they're in a conference or even in a classification. Guess you could say they won't let them join in any reindeer games but they did let them be in the rankings. They have a couple who are 6'8 and I believe one of is maybe 7 feet... I've see them come into Walmart at night to buy snacks. Looks like all of them are tall.
I work with a guy who's wife is the cook for the combine academy he tells me they go through some food at that school 🤣🤣

I work with a guy who's wife is the cook for the combine academy he tells me they go through some food at that school 🤣🤣
I don't know how I got on this thread but anyway, they look more like college athletes than high school.

Lol they're kids they can have multiple passions 🤣🤣
My passion was surviving school and not getting yelled at. Heck, that is my passion today just substitute school for work. I am going to guess that if you are at Combine your passion is pursuing to be recruited by Jon Scheyer, Coach Cal, Hubert, and Bill Self and not Kirby Smart, Saban, or Harbaugh. Priorities!

My passion was surviving school and not getting yelled at. Heck, that is my passion today just substitute school for work. I am going to guess that if you are at Combine your passion is pursuing to be recruited by Jon Scheyer, Coach Cal, Hubert, and Bill Self and not Kirby Smart, Saban, or Harbaugh. Priorities!
I know a lot of their biggest kids or should just say tallest are from overseas. And hey don't forget Julius peppers got recruited by both 🤣🤣🤣.

Reactions: LHSfaninVA
I know a lot of their biggest kids or should just say tallest are from overseas. And hey don't forget Julius peppers got recruited by both 🤣🤣🤣.
Pep could dominate a LT and I believe all five positions on the court. Tell me who else can do that? He basically brought the Oklahoma drill to hardwood. I remember watching Tony Gonzalez a few years before Peppers and that dude could get buckets. He is probably he best football player I saw play hoops. Heard Randy Moss was good but never saw him play. I always felt Charlie Ward was overrated along with Ronald Curry. Also never saw Allen Iverson play football except for a few clips and he was hyped. He looked like a Shelby kid out there playing and he was playing in the talent rich Tidewater area.

The Mt Airy and Tarboro games were all runs hardly no passes Don't tell me you have to pass to win back-to-back state titles!! just saying.
Big line, steady on the blocks, fast RB and bruisers hitting the holes fast and brick wall defense. Yup. EB sorta had that beginning of season, not to MA or Tarb level or a school like that but key injuries can be a rain on a parade on that deal. I beat a dead horse on that one I know but my first sentence put in point what you are saying bout the no passing and winning. Looking like we may have a combo of both depending on what Oline we got coming back and promising JV fill ins.

Looking back at Bandys, that’s my dark horse thought. Soild JV last year could it be them and Maiden and BH fighting for top spot next year with all 3 teams capable of beating the other on any given Friday?

Big line, steady on the blocks, fast RB and bruisers hitting the holes fast and brick wall defense. Yup. EB sorta had that beginning of season, not to MA or Tarb level or a school like that but key injuries can be a rain on a parade on that deal. I beat a dead horse on that one I know but my first sentence put in point what you are saying bout the no passing and winning. Looking like we may have a combo of both depending on what Oline we got coming back
Those teams have running backs built for football not track stars. Two different builds

Reactions: beamer24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT