ADVERTISEMENT

4A East playoff projections 10/22/2023

FB fan 92

Sep 26, 2022
This weeks playoff projections includes all week 10 results except for Fuquay - Varina @ South Garner which was rescheduled from Friday, Oct 20 to Monday, Oct 23 at 7:00 pm.

1 Rolesville
32 Athens Drive
16 Wake Forest
17 Garner
8 Jordan
25 Chapel Hill
9 Overhills
24 New Hanover
5 Cardinal Gibbons
28 Purnell Swett
12 Laney
21 Ashley
13 Holly Springs
20 Middle Creek
4 Hoggard
29 Jack Britt
3 Cleveland
30 Hillside
14 Millbrook
19 Richmond
6 Apex Friendship
27 Pine Forest
11 Clayton
22 Fuquay - Varina
7 South View
26 South Garner
10 New Bern
23 Apex
15 Leesville Road
18 Heritage
2 Pinecrest
31 Southeast Raleigh
Determining NCHSAA Playoff Representatives:
1. Conference Standings
If a tie, the tie break decided in the following order:
2. Head-to-Head
3. How the tied team fared again the rest of the conference, starting with the number one team and moving down throughout the conference.
4. NCHSAA RPI standings.
5. Draw will be held by the tied teams for the seeds available.
3A/4A United 8 - South View & Jack Brit are tied for 1st. Automatic bid (proj) to South View based on RPI. SV & JB play each other in wk 11.
3A/4A United 8 - Purnell Swett and Gray's Creek are tied for 3rd place . PS beat GC h-t-h in week 4.
3A/4A All American - Pine Forest & Overhills are tied for 1st. Automatic bid (proj) Pine Forest based H-T-H. PF beat OH in Week 10.
Greater Neuse River - Cleveland and Clayton are tied for 1st. Automatice bid (proj) to Cleveland based on RPI. CvHS & CHS play each other in wk. 11.
Greater Neuse River - Fuquay - Varina and South Garner play wk 10 game Monday night 10/23/2023.
Cap 6 - Cardinal Gibbons and Leesville Road are tied for 1st. Automatic bid (proj) to Cardinal Gibbons based on RPI. CG & LR play each other in wk 11.
Cap 6 - 4 way tie for third place. Tie cannot be broken on HTH or against rest of conf. Athens Drive has an RPI rank of 31 and b/c the tie cannot be broken by h-t-h or how they fared against one another.
RPI would put them in.
Southeast Wake Conf - Apex Friendship & Holly Springs are tied for 1st. Automatic Bid (proj) to Apex Friendship based on h-t-h. AF beat HS in wk. 5.
4A DAC - Jordan & Hillside are tied for 1st. Automatick bid (proj) to Jordan based on RPI. Jordan & Hillside play each other wk 11.

Last edited:
Reactions: tigertown21
Jordan can become the 7 seed and Cleveland will be the #2 seed after they beat Clayton. Wish it would stay this way, but it
Even if Rolesville wins, I think if Cleveland wins that they could still overtake Rolesville with Clayton’s record factoring into “OWP”. However, Cleveland has to win first. Cannot take Clayton for granted. That program has taken a step or two up in the last year.

Also the Fuquay and South Garner result tonight will have some impact.

Last edited:
Even if Rolesville wins, I still think if Cleveland wins that they could still overtake Rolesville with Clayton’s record factoring into “OWP”. However, Cleveland has to win first. Cannot take Clayy for granted. That program has taken a step or two up in the last year.

Even if Rolesville wins, I still think if Cleveland wins that they could still overtake Rolesville with Clayton’s record factoring into “OWP”. However, Cleveland has to win first. Cannot take Clayton for granted. That program has taken a step or two up in the last year. It is a big game.

After I sent my reply I looked at the RPI again and thought the same thing as the numbers are so close. Beating a 8-1 squad would really boost that OWP for Cleveland and could catapult them to #1 with Rolesville playing a 4 win team.

Reactions: FB fan 92
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT