ADVERTISEMENT

4A East playoff projections 10/16/2023

FB fan 92

Sep 26, 2022
Here is how I have the playoff projection for the east after week 9 games. No guarantee I have it perfectly correct.
1Pinecrest
32Topsail
16Garner
17Apex Friendship
8Jordan
25New Hanover
9Overhills
24South Garner
5Cardinal Gibbons
28Pine Forest
12Millbrook
21Apex
13Laney
20Heritage
4Hoggard
29D.H. Conley
3Cleveland
30Wakefield
14Wake Forest
19Richmond
6Holly Springs
27Purnell Swett
11Clayton
22Fuquay - Varina
7South View
26Gray's Creek
10New Bern
23Ashley
15Leesville Road
18Middle Creek
2Rolesville
31Jack Britt

Last edited:
Reactions: SEC-Patriot
Won their portion of a split 4A/3A conference and will finish top 3 in the conference, thus they get seeded with the 1's. Stipulation was finishing .500 OR finishing top 3 in conference, they did the latter.
That is correct. All conference champs get automatic bids. They are seated first. 10 conferences make up the east. NB has the lowest RPI of the 10 teams that get automatic bids.

That is correct. All conference champs get automatic bids. They are seated first. 10 conferences make up the east. NB has the lowest RPI of the 10 teams that get automatic bids.
However, if New Bern had lost last Friday night and won this Friday night, they still would've won their 4A portion of the conference but would've been a 30+ seed because they would've finished lower than 3rd in conference. Winning against Rose was the difference in a potential 32 seed playing a 1 seed in the first round and a 10 seed hosting in the 1st round.

I miss read the rule. I thought it was 3rd place and over .500 but it is or. Thanks.

New Bern erases a 20-0 deficit in the 2Q defeating D.H. Conley 52-20 and locks up the #10 seed and will face #23 TBD in 2 weeks in New Bern. 3 TD's tonight scored by Freshman. The boys have been through a lot with a new coaching staff/scheme, off the field drama, not knowing who would be available week to week etc and did what they needed to do to qualify for the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT