ADVERTISEMENT

Crest @ Kings Mountain

I'm out of town this weekend and just read your post John.You take care of your family and friend and I will certainly be praying for you.

You and your family and friends are most definitely in our prayers brother. I may be from Forest City and like Shelby better than Crest but we are praying for ya up here. All the trash talk is for fun. Hope things will get better for you soon.

Good Chriatian people on this board no question about it and we are ALL on the same team . The game has already been won for us . Prayers to your dad and friend rulz.

I agree with my old nemesis and new good friend Lawn12Dog. We raise hell at each other, pick on each other, and aggravate each other, but at the end of the day, the game has already been won for all of us.

Crestrulz, you and your family are in my prayers. God bless you.

i will be the first to admit that i underestimated Crest but what I seen Friday concerns me as a diehard Shelby fan...its not so much the dbs and the d line which are both good.....but the linebackers....OH MY....they're scary good

golden28--- just remember we've been missing a four year starter at inside LB #33 M Hopper. He should be back this week and very well may be our best LB. He's a warrior.........

golden28--- just remember we've been missing a four year starter at inside LB #33 M Hopper. He should be back this week and very well may be our best LB. He's a warrior.........
Heard that he was thrown off the team. I figured that he really wasn't, and that he'd resurface at some point, regardless.

Last edited:
Let's start a poll as to what it would take to get thrown off the Shelby Golden Lion team. Felony?

Let's start a poll as to what it would take to get thrown off the Shelby Golden Lion team. Felony?
You being so butt hurt in losing to us is becoming pathetic. Had you all won, you'd compliment us on being a tough bunch and wishing us well the rest of the of the season, talking about Shelby being your true rival. You did as much the previous two seasons when you guys were fortunate enough to win.

You associating us with thug life is even more pathetic. Like I told you in another thread, whenever South Point loses to teams with a few more "brothas" on it than its team, you reference them as thugs, West Rowan, Statesville, and Shelby, in that order in recent years. Man, I'm asking you to suppress your inner redneck. It's not cool. I thought you were better than that.

Reactions: '98 State Champion
I can't honestly tell if Seadog is being serious or just trying to get a "rise" out of the Shelby guys on here. I wasn't at the game, all I know was that it was close and there was a lot of flags thrown.

Here is what I'm thinking as a Crest fan looking in...

South Point is tough, and we had a good first game with them, and chances are Crest and South Point are once again going to meet in the playoffs and I know South Point will play us just as tough as last year. We will be lucky if we win a second game against that freaking red bone offense...

Shelby is so explosive, I want to see how this defense handles a offense like Shelby. Chances are if we make it to state, we will once again deal a "high powered" eastern NC offense. Southern Durham and NG were legit at one point. Havelock offense did not impress, I digress, Shelby will be a great game to watch, I can't wait to see it...really I can't wait!

Now...as far as "thugs" goes, I don't believe in Political Correctness. SO! Guess what?

Shelby fans, you do have thugs playing on that team.

South Point fans, you do have thugs playing on that team.

Crest fans, you do have thugs playing on that team.

Burns fans, you do have thugs playing on that team.

I could go through the entire state if I wanted to and we can even have a debate on why they are thugs if you guys want, but it's not going to change anything. Statistically speaking, at LEAST at the VERY LEAST one of those players on every team is going to get in serious trouble or already has as they grow up...that's life, I hate it, you hate it, we all hate it. All you can do is pray for them and hope that when they do get in trouble, it not because of something they did to you or your family.

Don't like it? Prove me wrong.

I think the 4a team squeezed into a 2a team is full of thugs. The 4a team squeezed into a small 3a team are full of non felon short bus riders. Hope that clears things up Go Bulldogs!!! Go Mountaineers!!!

And I think the 3a team (SP) squeezed into a clown car is a team full of mud rasslin circus midgets!!!!

Sorry the thug in me came out again......

Signed: South Points Daddy's team

Reactions: seadog28
I think the 4a team squeezed into a 2a team is full of thugs. The 4a team squeezed into a small 3a team are full of non felon short bus riders. Hope that clears things up Go Bulldogs!!! Go Mountaineers!!!

Man this guy is bitter...I've always kind of respected him and thought his post were amusing until now. He's a loose cannon. Shelby has always had an extremely high level of discipline. See 1996, see 2010, 2011. If you get in any kind of trouble outside of school, gone.....if you get in any kind of trouble with drugs, gone...if you don't keep your grades up, gone. Now I do know another school where if you get in trouble with the law but the team needs you, you'll only sit a game (1996)...maybe just a half!

I guess I had better ease up on Shelby. Their fans are some of the best on here. As most know, I respect the coaches and kids who work hard and compete in this game of football.

It was fun while it lasted, but I certainly don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Well, except for 98 State Champion.

Reactions: whitemilesdavis
98, Before you roll out your holier than thou attitude you might want to think about how the school you are so proud of allows convicted felons (loaded handgun and bag of drugs) to return to the football team AND elects convicted felons (Chen's Restaurant armed robber) student body president. Both arrested while students and both returned to school and were celebrated by the school. Great moral values they teach over at Sink Hole High. Former District of Columbia Mayor Marion Barry would be proud of your schools

Don't forget about the players that had a little problem at Ingles on the way to the state championship game and the head coach said we will deal with it on Monday.

98, Before you roll out your holier than thou attitude you might want to think about how the school you are so proud of allows convicted felons (loaded handgun and bag of drugs) to return to the football team AND elects convicted felons (Chen's Restaurant armed robber) student body president. Both arrested while students and both returned to school and were celebrated by the school. Great moral values they teach over at Sink Hole High. Former District of Columbia Mayor Marion Barry would be proud of your schools
And this clown here doesn't know the amount of criminal activity and felonious capers that Crest swept under the rug from early to mid 90's. The ish never reached the paper, and these guys were allowed to play without consequence. I hung out w/ some of these cats. Believe you me, I could give validated examples, but I won't. Like Crest91 stated, you have these guys at every school.

Last edited:
Crestrulz we will put you and your Dad and Family and your neighbor on our prayer list bro . Yes prayers work so keep the faith God knows whats best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT