ADVERTISEMENT

AC Reynolds @ Hickory

ACR has yet to give up a point in the playoffs. Hickory I believe has a pretty big time QB/WR combo, but I just cant see anyone score a ton on ACR D.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
How many players has ACR returned from injury since the first of the season? If they're almost full strength, give me the rockets.
Well, out TB is almost full strength and will play some. We were without 4 defensive starters against Watauga and all are back now. However we lost our top DB against Kings Mtn when he broke his ankle early in the first quarter. Overall we are healthier than we’ve been. Most of the year though.

Well, out TB is almost full strength and will play some. We were without 4 defensive starters against Watauga and all are back now. However we lost our top DB against Kings Mtn when he broke his ankle early in the first quarter. Overall we are healthier than we’ve been. Most of the year though.
I'll take the rockets to the ship. Coaching is too good. Heart is too big. ACR is a winning program.

I saw Hickory beat N. Lincoln last week so I'm going with Hickory 28-23. Based on what happened in the ACR/KM game I am predicting ACR finishes with less than 50 yards of total offense, but gets one offensive touchdown, one defensive touchdown, one special teams touchdown and another safety, but comes up just short against the Red Tornadoes.

“DAAYUUM! What did I just see?”

Yep!…that’s what I was thinking as I strolled to the truck after the Maiden-Hickory scrimmage. Just shook my head and drove away quietly.

I haven’t seen them since.

I’ll take Hickory.

Did I see correctly the hickory qb was a junior
Who has started roughly 25 games and has 51 tds and 9 ints in his career?
Actually Stober is a junior and his stats are he's started 19 career games with 58 tds and 9 ints. He is exceptionally accurate and gets his throws off quickly. This year in 12 games he has 37 tds with 2 ints, both coming in the same game against West Iredell and both off deflected passes. HHS is glad he's a Red Tornado.

Last edited:
This will be the best defense Hickory has seen all year. The question is whether or not ACR can put up enough points. I could easily see this being ACR vs Shelby/East Forsyth type game, 1 possession difference, with neither team getting out of the 20's.

This is really the game I really like to see. But want be able to make it up on that area. Probably the most intriguing matchup for me to see. Should be a good one

This will be the best defense Hickory has seen all year. The question is whether or not ACR can put up enough points. I could easily see this being ACR vs Shelby/East Forsyth type game, 1 possession difference, with neither team getting out of the 20's.
Agreed! Hoping ACR and West Henderson pull out victories Friday night. What a matchup for round 4 that would be in Mills River! Would be incredible for WNC Football as a whole!

Actually Stober is a junior and his stats are he's started 19 career games with 58 tds and 9 ints. He is exceptionally accurate and gets his throws off quickly. This year in 12 games he has 37 tds with 2 ints, both coming in the same game against West Iredell and both off deflected passes. HHS is glad he's a Red Tornado.
I was very impressed with him the one game I saw (vs East Lincoln) he can throw a ball from any arm angle and has some serious speed on the ball

CHEREDUCK Is Rowdy still alive? We go way back. The both of you are diehard Hickory fans!
Good luck this Friday!
Rowdy is alive and well. A fan bought him a year's supply of air horns, Dear Lord! He still raves about his Red Tornadoes and lives and dies with their success. Thank you for asking. He won't remember you, but he will be happy someone has asked about him. He will turn 78 in January.

Am I understanding this correctly…. The hickory qb has thrown 37 tds this year and 2 ints off of deflected passes this year?!? Damn
When I went to see Hickory they guy beside me said that the QB was a baseball guy and was going to Lenoir Rhyne for baseball. I can’t confirm but he’s good !! He’s good … watch how fast and accurate his balls are. Good luck to both teams I believe it’s going to be one of the best games of the night

Hickory 61 AC Reynolds 38, Big congratulations to my buddy Cheerduck who will probably stay up until midnight. Next week West Henderson will be in town. Good luck and keep it going.
Thanks, Lincolnton. Hickory opened it up in the 3rd quarter and coasted to another victory. I haven't heard any stats but our QB was throwing the ball all over the field, long, short you name it. Our receivers caught the ball and took the ball to the house. So much for ACR holding their first two playoff opponents scoreless.

Last edited:
Very impressed with Hickory both offensively and even defensively tonight against ACR… Sat by some very knowledgeable Hickory fans tonight and enjoyed the talks as well as the game!!! QB and the Wideouts mainly underclassmen, could be a special 2 years at Hickory.. Good Luck next week against West Henderson

Cheerduck, I can hear out of one ear and see out of one eye, but when I switched over to listen to the WNNC broadcast of the end of the Bunker Hill-Monroe game, for some reason, I thought I heard one of their commentators say Hickory's quarterback had something like 500 yards passing. Thought to myself, "Surely I misunderstood", but maybe not. Watched most of it on the NFHS network. The Tornadoes really burned Reynolds with the pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT