ADVERTISEMENT

AC Reynolds @ Hickory

Cheerduck, I can hear out of one ear and see out of one eye, but when I switched over to listen to the WNNC broadcast of the end of the Bunker Hill-Monroe game, for some reason, I thought I heard one of their commentators say Hickory's quarterback had something like 500 yards passing. Thought to myself, "Surely I misunderstood", but maybe not. Watched most of it on the NFHS network. The Tornadoes really burned Reynolds with the pass.
I don't have the exact number, but will have it by lunch time tomorrow. ACR could not stay with our WRs and our QB was throwing darts all night. The prognosticators that said Hickory wouldn't score 21 on ACR must be kind of quiet right now. Hickory's offense is firing on all cylinders right now.

Congratulations to Hickory on the big win. They sound like they are legit. My biggest crow of the night was predicting a 17-14 type game. I actually had picked ACR to win. Next week sounds like one for ages game to see. Be a huge crowd at that game I believe

I don't have the exact number, but will have it by lunch time tomorrow. ACR could not stay with our WRs and our QB was throwing darts all night. The prognosticators that said Hickory wouldn't score 21 on ACR must be kind of quiet right now. Hickory's offense is firing on all cylinders right now.
Hickory has weapons all over the field this year… Through 3 quarters I remember 1 pass that the QB missed on, the rest of his incompletions were drops or knocked down at the line

Yeah, I saw that. I think too many times it was assumed Hickory is the same program that would go one or two rounds in the playoffs then out, but people in this area who have been keeping up with the Tornadoes realize they're a very different team, now.

It's been a long while since Hickory has been in the mix. Don't worry ACR fans, Hickory done the same thing to Pisgah back in 97-98. Does Hickory still blow the tornado siren when they score?

Reynolds came out strong tonight and I thought it was going to be a shootout at first. The Rockets competed very well until about 5 minutes before the half. And the tide changed quickly and Hickory never let up. Hickory has a lot team speed and the QB has major next level talent.
I was pulling hard for the Rocket's and I think they left it all on the field, that's all anybody can ask any team to do.
Enjoyed the company of the Reynolds fan base, first class people.

Congrats to Hickory, great team and deserved to win last night. Their offense was too much for our defense. I still think they need to not give up so many points to win a state title, but who knows maybe they can. Best of luck to them. West Henderson will score on them much like we did, however can West stop them will be the question. I never would have believed that we would score 30+ points and lose, hats off to Hickory.

I’d be curious to know his stats. I was listening on the radio and it seemed like every single play it was “8 yards and a first down”, “a 14 yard pick up there”, “a nice pass across mid field for 12” “the completed pass for 24 makes it 1st and 10”. And that was a second half where they were trying to chew clock!

I’d be curious to know his stats. I was listening on the radio and it seemed like every single play it was “8 yards and a first down”, “a 14 yard pick up there”, “a nice pass across mid field for 12” “the completed pass for 24 makes it 1st and 10”. And that was a second half where they were trying to chew clock!
Stober was 22/29 for 516 yards and 5 tds last night. The yardage is s school record for one game breaking his own record he had set earlier this year.

Cheerduck, I can hear out of one ear and see out of one eye, but when I switched over to listen to the WNNC broadcast of the end of the Bunker Hill-Monroe game, for some reason, I thought I heard one of their commentators say Hickory's quarterback had something like 500 yards passing. Thought to myself, "Surely I misunderstood", but maybe not. Watched most of it on the NFHS network. The Tornadoes really burned Reynolds with the pass.
Stober finished 22/29 for 516 yards and 5 touchdown passes. The 516 yards is a new school single game record surpassing his record he set earlier this year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT