ADVERTISEMENT

Kings Mountain @ Burns

rbwebster32

Mar 25, 2022
Should be a good game in Lawndale this week. If Kings Mountain plays like we did this past Friday it might be a long night for us.
Any thoughts on the game this week?

The million dollar question - can the KM qbs get it done?

Burns will be hard to stop.

How many points does it take to win this gm?

Does Burns have some injuries and depth concerns? Will they tire again in the second half?

Is KM a 12 pt favorite? Check Simmons later this week. Probably more like 15.

Does Greg get win 3?

Can Burns win?

The million dollar question - can the KM qbs get it done?

Burns will be hard to stop.

How many points does it take to win this gm?

Does Burns have some injuries and depth concerns? Will they tire again in the second half?

Is KM a 12 pt favorite? Check Simmons later this week. Probably more like 15.

Does Greg get win 3?

Can Burns win?
Greg?

Seems like Burns played Crest tough for a while, and then fatigue became a factor.....I would think the same thing could happen this week.

Reactions: NC Joker
Seems like Burns played Crest tough for a while, and then fatigue became a factor.....I would think the same thing could happen this week.
True..that Burns offense is really good..Defensively they are gonna get better glad we got them early..

KM’s physicality and athleticism on both sides of the ball will eventually wear the Bulldogs down during the course of the game. KM gets Jeffries back this week at running back which will help the offense greatly. Burns will hit some plays here and there but Mauney will be harassed all night by the KM defense. KM’s secondary is really good so I believe that Norris will need to have a monster game for Burns to have a real shot at pulling this out. Both teams have a couple of injuries coming into the game but KM has a little more depth than Burns to deal with that better. Burns just played one of the best offenses in the state now it will see one of the best defenses in the state in back to back weeks. Lucky them…

KM’s physicality and athleticism on both sides of the ball will eventually wear the Bulldogs down during the course of the game. KM gets Jeffries back this week at running back which will help the offense greatly. Burns will hit some plays here and there but Mauney will be harassed all night by the KM defense. KM’s secondary is really good so I believe that Norris will need to have a monster game for Burns to have a real shot at pulling this out. Both teams have a couple of injuries coming into the game but KM has a little more depth than Burns to deal with that better. Burns just played one of the best offenses in the state now it will see one of the best defenses in the state in back to back weeks. Lucky them…
^ on point right there.

I would rather Burns face a tough defense with an experienced offense than have an inexperienced defense go against a high powered offense at this point in the season. Defense will get better. They have good coaches that will prepare them. Our offense played pretty well and moved the ball against Crest pretty well when we didn’t turn it over and make mental mistakes. Clean that up and I think we’re fine. With that said, KM defense is very good. Some fans look at the wins and losses and at times I do as well but with our conference we need these games. This is what prepares us for the playoffs outside of Shelby. Get us now because in the end I think we will be hard to beat.

Let me also add, I don’t want our defense going against a crap offense either but KM will be enough offense to continue improving the defense. I’m just saying when it comes to winning I’ll take the above scenario. It’s a different look in game situations on who can make plays vs practice. I’m sure film will be the tell all with the coaches and they will do what is best.

Last edited:
Norris isn’t the only back Burns has. Mauney is another running back I would say. He was the one I was concerned with running the ball going into the Crest game. He could have a big game running.

Norris isn’t the only back Burns has. Mauney is another running back I would say. He was the one I was concerned with running the ball going into the Crest game. He could have a big game running.
We have a few backs. Goodson is a good back and did not touch it much but he also plays defense so I am sure they were trying to keep his energy and not wear him out. Norris did not touch it much in the first half and overall did not have as many carries like normal but then again they were keying on him heavily. Ben carried it more than I would like as far as not wanting an injury but he is tough as nails. I think we have to spread the ball around this week. KM against the run is pretty dang good so we cannot be one dimensional. This is a completely different matchup but one big factor last week was turnovers and penalties. We have to clean it up to compete with good teams.

Our first play of the game this Friday was a crucial "terrible call" early. That would have given us immediate momentum on the first drive and who knows how that would have turned out. Instead, it was a 3 and out and we played from behind the rest of the game.

For those who may not know, the first play was a read option with Mauney pulling the ball and took off for 15 yards or so. But we had to replay the down because there was an inadvertent whistle.

KM is the heavy favorite coming to Lawndale.

Burns just needs to get through this game healthy, or as healthy as can be. May be down a couple starters on defense, and maybe an OL starter. We'll see.

But in all reality it's probably KM by 21 at the end of the day. Just being realistic.

After this week Burns won't see another team like Crest or Kings Mountain. Honestly not really sure anybody in 2A would be able to beat either of those two. And having played both will definitely help the RPI number in November

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
After this week Burns won't see another team like Crest or Kings Mountain. Honestly not really sure anybody in 2A would be able to beat either of those two. And having played both will definitely help the RPI number in November
A healthy Reidsville or Monroe could play with either one of them.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
They may could play with them, but they wouldn't beat them, which is what I said. Just my opinion.
And I respectfully disagree. Of course you would say that because it’s makes your team losing to them not sound as bad. Player for player and how they would match up, it would actually be a game that either team could win. Just my opinion.

And I respectfully disagree. Of course you would say that because it’s makes your team losing to them not look as bad. Player for player and how they would match up, it would actually be a game that either team could win. Just my opinion.
I do not think Monroe can handle KM this year because they would really struggle to put any type of consistent offense together. Monroe does not matchup well with KM across the board. The difference in this year’s KM team is their secondary and linebackers. The front four is still really good but there are no more weak links hiding behind that front four.

Reidsville would be an altogether different challenge for KM because of style of play if Reidsville is at full strength. Also once Reidsville gets in the red zone the big tight end would be a problem. Reidsville’s is also able to do some extra things in their front seven on defense with stunts and blitzes because their db’s are really good in coverage. Also KM’s qb tries to squeeze the ball into traffic too much and the Reidsville’s db’s are always thinking pick 6.

I do not think Monroe can handle KM this year because they would really struggle to put any type of consistent offense together. Monroe does not matchup well with KM across the board. The difference in this year’s KM team is their secondary and linebackers. The front four is still really good but there are no more weak links hiding behind that front four.

Reidsville would be an altogether different challenge for KM because of style of play if Reidsville is at full strength. Also once Reidsville gets in the red zone the big tight end would be a problem. Reidsville’s is also able to do some extra things in their front seven on defense with stunts and blitzes because their db’s are really good in coverage. Also KM’s qb tries to squeeze the ball into traffic too much and the Reidsville’s db’s are always thinking pick 6.
I agree with Reidsville assessment and that’s why I said if they were healthy they would be a problem for either team. We may disagree on this but KM has also struggled to consistently put any type of offense together and this has been against a rebuilding down Shelby and a Bad Cox Mill team. Both of those teams are much better than what you’ve all seen so far. In my opinion Monroe wouldn’t be the only team struggling offensively in that match up. I also disagree with the no more weak links part also. I’ve always thought 7 was over looked at LB (I know his dad so I’m a little biased) but I also saw that he was a dog last year before most people realized. I still think the front 6-7 mask a lot of weaknesses in that secondary. When that front doesn’t get to the QB more times often than not it’s a completion but the problem is most teams don’t have the pieces to exploit that. In coverage I think 3 and 10 are definitely a step above the rest.

Last edited:
I agree with Reidsville assessment and that’s why I said if they were healthy they would be a problem for either team. We may disagree on this but KM has also struggled to consistently put any type of offense together and this has been against a rebuilding down Shelby and a Bad Cox Mill team. Both of those teams are much better than what you’ve all seen so far. In my opinion Monroe wouldn’t be the only team struggling offensively in that match up. I also disagree with the no more weak links part also. I’ve always thought 7 was over looked at LB (I know his dad so I’m a little biased) but I also saw that he was a dog last year before most people realized. I still think the front 6-7 mask a lot of weaknesses in that secondary. When that front doesn’t get to the QB more times often than not it’s a completion but the problem most teams don’t have the pieces to exploit that.
Many of us that know football knew what was happening with #7 last season. He is a dawg along with #5 Ward at linebacker. He was caught up in those KM behind the scenes politics. I can say more but I will not 😊. #7 definitely should have been a full-time starter last year from day one. The KM secondary is very good but last year those guys played a ton of cover zero with no safety over the top. Last year both safeties were playing in the box 95% of the time trying to make plays around the line of scrimmage. Boom or bust. KM does not do that this year. There is always at least one safety over the top. No more of QB’s running for their life and chucking up hail Mary’s for completions.

Reactions: Crestuff and New3ra
Many of us that know football knew what was happening with #7 last season. He is a dawg along with #5 Ward at linebacker. He was caught up in those KM behind the scenes politics. I can say more but I will not 😊. #7 definitely should have been a full-time starter last year from day one. The KM secondary is very good but last year those guys played a ton of cover zero with no safety over the top. Last year both safeties were playing in the box 95% of the time trying to make plays around the line of scrimmage. Boom or bust. KM does not do that this year. There is always at least one safety over the top. No more of QB’s running for their life and chucking up hail Mary’s for completions.
Trust me I’m hip to his situation, the politics and different things that stopped him from being the full time starter. I’m glad he’s getting the recognition that he deserves now though.

• Love
Reactions: shutdownD24
I agree with Reidsville assessment and that’s why I said if they were healthy they would be a problem for either team. We may disagree on this but KM has also struggled to consistently put any type of offense together and this has been against a rebuilding down Shelby and a Bad Cox Mill team. Both of those teams are much better than what you’ve all seen so far. In my opinion Monroe wouldn’t be the only team struggling offensively in that match up. I also disagree with the no more weak links part also. I’ve always thought 7 was over looked at LB (I know his dad so I’m a little biased) but I also saw that he was a dog last year before most people realized. I still think the front 6-7 mask a lot of weaknesses in that secondary. When that front doesn’t get to the QB more times often than not it’s a completion but the problem is most teams don’t have the pieces to exploit that. In coverage I think 3 and 10 are definitely a step above the
For the record Shelby and Cox Mill are better than their record shows. Shelby lacks depth on defense and KM wore them down with uptempo in the heat. Shelby’s starting 11 on each side is solid. Shelby was in position to beat AC Reynolds. Weddington in really good but Cox Mill let that game get completely away from them. The next game against KM playing at home, Cox Mill had a much better quarterback starting and played better overall. Also KM was up 37-13 with over 6mins left in game against Cox Mill and subbed out many of their defensive starters against Shelby when up 34-10 in the 4th qtr. KM also played both of those games without their starting running back who was hurt in the 1st qtr agains the Golden Lions. KM’s offense should be okay by week 5-6.

Reactions: mountie pride
Trust me I’m hip to his situation, the politics and different things that stopped him from being the full time starter. I’m glad he’s getting the recognition that he deserves now though.
In my opinion that kind of stuff cost us the opportunity to play for state titles in 2019 and 2020. You can hide players around really good talent most of the year but by playoff rounds 3,4, and 5 good coaches and teams sniff those weaknesses out and punish you for it. I love KM but historically it has always been our Achilles heel at time. Coach Herron holds kids accountable and if someone is a better player then that’s who is playing.

Last edited:
For the record Shelby and Cox Mill are better than their record shows. Shelby lacks depth on defense and KM wore them down with uptempo in the heat. Shelby’s starting 11 on each side is solid. Shelby was in position to beat AC Reynolds. Weddington in really good but Cox Mill let that game get completely away from them. The next game against KM playing at home, Cox Mill had a much better quarterback starting and played better overall. Also KM was up 37-13 with over 6mins left in game against Cox Mill and subbed out many of their defensive starters against Shelby when up 34-10 in the 4th qtr. KM also played both of those games without their starting running back who was hurt in the 1st qtr agains the Golden Lions. KM’s offense should be okay by week 5-6.
I definitely think Shelby is a lot better than their record even though technically they’re still rebuilding. AC reynolds is dealing with a ton of injuries and trying to find consistent offense right now. I don’t feel like the score between Shelby and KM was a good indicator to how close it really was. I also think if the QB had just a little more experience he would’ve had a lot more success throwing on KM. The opportunities were there when the front didn’t get to him and some of the throws he just over/under threw, which happens with young QB’s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lion Attack
In my opinion that kind of stuff cost us the opportunity to play for state titles in 2019 and 2020. You can hide players around really good talent most of the year but by playoff rounds 3,4, and 5 good coaches and teams sniff those weaknesses out and punish you for it. I love KM but historically it has always been our Achilles heel at time. Coach Herron holds kids accountable and if someone is a better player then that’s who is playing.
I completely agree! That’s what makes him and others who follow the same standard great. It doesn’t matter how much a parent donates to the team, volunteers or if there’s a daddy ball situation. As a coach the best 11 should be on the field at all times. If you don’t set this standard you’re setting yourself up for failure long term.

Last edited:
I completely agree! That’s what makes him and others who follow the same standard great. It doesn’t matter how much a parent donates to the team, volunteers or if there’s a daddy ball situation. As a coach the best 11 should be on the field at all times. If you don’t set this standard you’re setting yourself for failure long term.
Agree 💯

I definitely think Shelby is a lot better than their record even though technically they’re still rebuilding. AC reynolds is dealing with a ton of injuries and trying to find consistent offense right now. I don’t feel like the score between Shelby and KM was a good indicator to how close it really was. I also think if the QB had just a little more experience he would’ve had a lot more success throwing on KM. The opportunities were there when the front didn’t get to him and some of the throws he just over/under threw, which happens with young QB’s.
💯

I heard the Crest and Burns HC got into it after the fame last Friday. True or not?
True.
They shook hands which was expected then all the Crest players stormed the hill to the Burns dog statue so they could take selfies. I knew they did it against Gaffney at home but I don't think it was expected or appreciated by the Burns staff. For the love of god before someone mentions BOMB DROPPING, Beam is not the coach at Burns. Devine hated that stuff whether it was home or away. Burns also never dropped the bomb at Crest because Beam was told hell no after the Shelby deal. (Did not beat Crest to have the opportunity anyways) I am sure there was a good reason they did it and fully justified. I guess beating them 3 times in 25 years created some king of bad blood and we deserved it or maybe we needed to #hateEM so they wanted to make sure of it. I am positive we will get a good reason that we all agree with. 👍

Last edited:
True.
They shook hands which was expected then all the Crest players stormed the hill to the Burns dog statue so they could take selfies. I knew they did it against Gaffney at home but I don't think it was expected or appreciated by the Burns staff. For the love of god before someone mentions BOMB DROPPING, Beam is not the coach at Burns. Devine hated that stuff whether it was home or away. Burns also never dropped the bomb at Crest because Beam was told hell no after the Shelby deal. (Did not beat Crest to have the opportunity anyways) I am sure there was a good reason they did it and fully justified. I guess beating them 3 times in 25 years created some king of bad blood and we deserved it or maybe we needed to #hateEM so they wanted to make sure of it. I am positive we will get a good reason that we all agree with. 👍
That shouldn't have happened on your field in my persoanl opinion. It was wrong.

I heard all sorts of ignorant crap went on afterward.

Monday came arounf and someone from Burns turned us into the State for an illegal address which wasn't true. But contempt breeds contempt. I suppose.

In the end it'll all get worked out. I mean after the game they all acted like we do on here.

Reactions: Crestuff
COUNTY game TWO good TEAMS I think IT WILL be a VERY COMPETITIVE GAME.
I hope so. But I fear your strength (defense) is better than our strength (offense) and your weakness (offense) is better than our weakness (defense). We'll line them up and see.

COUNTY game TWO good TEAMS I think IT WILL be a VERY COMPETITIVE GAME.
At this point I legit could not read your post unless it looked like you sneezed while typing with your nose.
This game is another game to get us ready and expose our weaknesses more in depth. I think we are better than last week in areas but it is definitely a test for our offense. Cox Mill film told more truth about why that game was close in the first half. They did nothing with the ball except a KO return and one break away in the wild cat. The second half KM took over it was actually worse than the score showed in my opinion. KM gets after it on D.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT