ADVERTISEMENT

Kings Mountain @ Burns

I think that Burns might pack that defense in and dare KM to throw deep and hang around in this game for 3 quarters. Burns will tire because depth and KM wins this thing 28-7

This is an interesting matchup. I watched video of both teams . For Burns to win I think quick timing patterns , screens and sweeps to the running backs, work from TE out Burns QB want last long running for his life

Kings Mountain
Run the crap out of the ball ,to set up passing game use that big line to wear Burns defence out.

Kings Mountain should win but if Burns don't turn ball over believe it's close game any way, I'll pick
Burns 23
King's Mountain 29

Our first play of the game this Friday was a crucial "terrible call" early. That would have given us immediate momentum on the first drive and who knows how that would have turned out. Instead, it was a 3 and out and we played from behind the rest of the game.

For those who may not know, the first play was a read option with Mauney pulling the ball and took off for 15 yards or so. But we had to replay the down because there was an inadvertent whistle.
Agree. You’d think the state would change the inadvertent whistle rule.

Reactions: BurnsBullDog02
Agree. You’d think the state would change the inadvertent whistle rule.
I am not going to lie. I thought Norris had the ball myself for a loss. I was not on the field though. It was a good pull and he hid it well quite a few times in the game. The thing I hate about it is replaying the down and losing the yards gained. I am not sure what could be the medium here but if the player is tackled during the play stoppage then give them the yards but if he is running free I am not sure what they do.

I know this thread has been non-stop banter between us and the 1 1/2 KM fans! Tons of smack talk. If you are wondering why I gave out the 1/2 for KM fans, it was for MoUnTie PridE not fully being all there.
This is going to be a tough game tonight for Burns. Good team coming to Lawndale. Should be a good atmosphere.

• Haha
Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Burns is a really well coached team. The Dogs have really good schemes on both sides of the ball. Looking forward to tonight’s game. Hopefully we can get to the bye week 3-0 and let some guys heal up some.

Y'all can heal some guys up starting tonight. We won't mind.

This will definitely be a tough game for us tonight. Regardless of what happens, we shouldn't lose another game the rest of the regular season (including Shelby, yea I said it). Hoping for an injury free night for both teams.

Well my night got interesting on the way home from the game. My alternator decided to die so I've been on the side of the road... I just got at at 1:30 am... ugh.... But congrats to the Mounties... Heck of a defense you guys have..... Burns showed me something tonight on defense too though...

Burns is going to be fine and KM / Crest will be a clash

Burns showed lots of heart and toughness in this game. I thought the difference in the game was the KM defense, especially the DL. The Burns QB is a hell of a player.
Both teams are well coached.
Crest at KM is going to be a good one
Shelby Burns is shaping up to be a barn burner.
Clev Co is solid once again.

Question for the KM fans. Having seen both Shelby and Burns play, how do you think that game matches up?

Shelby has grown so much these past 3 weeks. Weird being 0-3 but it is what it is. When is the last time Crest and KM were #1 and #2 in the state?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT