ADVERTISEMENT

Crest @ Kings Mountain

crest91

Jun 11, 2010
I think this will be a great game compared to our last 5. Kings Mountain is much improved from last year, and if Crest comes out uninterested as they did against Chase, then Kings Mountain could upset the Chargers. While I don't believe that will be the case, Crest does not need to sleep on the Mountaineers. I want to see the defense completely shut down KM offense, easier said than done. Much respect for KM, we have the longest winning streak among the county schools against KM, but it has not always been easy to keep that streak alive.

I hope for an exciting game, but injury free for both teams. I think KM has a good chance to make a run in the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised if Crest saw KM again this year.

No prediction yet from me.

Should be fairly close, but I still see Crest winning 35-21. I'm not sure but I don't think KM has beaten Crest since 98?

Should be fairly close, but I still see Crest winning 35-21. I'm not sure but I don't think KM has beaten Crest since 98?

That was the last year it happened. Crest leads the series 28-11-2 with seven of those losses happening before 1980. So the series has been a little lopsided the past few decades.

The key to this game will be the KM D. If their D can keep Crests O in check like a few teams have done at times, then in the 4th quarter they have a punchers chance.

I'd like to see Crest come out with some fire early and make a statement. I know last year's team is not the same as this year's team, but the killer instinct is not quite the same this year. I hope to see that emerge when they are challenged.

Reactions: crest91
Penalties and fumbles seem to be a major issue with this years Chargers. It that trend continues against KM, the Mounties might come out on top.

interested in the matchups on the perimeter with KM wrs vs Crest dB's....in the end too much harbison who will pissed off because of shrine bowl snub

Crest 31
KM 21

KM has the players and talent to win this as long as they play a sound game. That means no botched punt snaps and keeping the Crest Specials Teams in check. I believe Crest will have a tough time throwing ball here and will rely more on WG and Tres legs. I think the Crest special teams play will be the biggest difference in this game. Should keep them with great field position and probably get them a score or two. Should be a fun game to watch.

Is KM healthy? no injuries or anything? I want them full strength, we need their best shot. What defense are they running this year? Are they better at stopping the run or the pass?

KM2ASU could help me out but I'm pretty sure they're healthy. They will definitely be fired up about this one. Chargers shouldn't be bored with this game. Would love to see an upset.

CREST...............KM
Shrine Bowl players: Crest 2....KM 0
Shrine Bowl Snubs: Crest 2-3....KM 0
ACC Commits: Crest 2 .....KM 0
US Army All Americans: Crest 1.....KM 0
Winning Streak: Crest 22....KM 1
State Championship MVP: Crest 1....KM 0
Avg OL: Crest 6'2" - 280lbs....KM 5'11" 235lbs
Last win vs Opp: Crest 2014....KM 1998
State AP Ranking: Crest 1.....KM beat Draughn and lost votes
Best inflatable Tunnel: KM

Last edited:
Unc had not won at GT in 18 years if that helps any,

I hear ya.....IF, IF we were to pull off this monumental feat of an upset, this KM Team will go down in history as the Diaper Dandy's.......considering that was their primary wardrobe the last time KM defeated Crest.

Reactions: sasha_nc
CREST...............KM
Shrine Bowl players: Crest 2....KM 0
Shrine Bowl Snubs: Crest 2-3....KM 0
ACC Commits: Crest 2 .....KM 0
US Army All Americans: Crest 1.....KM 0
Winning Streak: Crest 22....KM 1
State Championship MVP: Crest 1....KM 0
Avg OL: Crest 6'2" - 280lbs....KM 5'11" 235lbs
Last win vs Opp: Crest 2014....KM 1998
State AP Ranking: Crest 1.....KM beat Draughn and lost votes
Best inflatable Tunnel: KM

Uponst reading this post, and seeing the last intangible there, it has to be KM by 2....

The inflatable tunnel is top notch at KM. Not to mention that KM comes out of the woods like a Mountaineer would. That to me gives them the advantage. They fight through Copperheads, Deer, two drunks and trip over Shelby Lions dip cans just to get to the damn field. Battle tested? I think so. KM can win this game but at the same time they can get rolled as well. I think if KM comes out and stops 21 then they can win. You have to get pressure on WG and he will fold like a hooker doing yoga.

Reactions: sasha_nc
Crest wins 48-14. Really surprised at how easy Crest scored on KM. Crest QB Willie Green threw for 400+ yds and 7 TD's. Crest defense was really tough tonight. Good luck KM the rest of the way.

Enjoy another possible repeat Chargers. What I watched in the JV game tells me it's about to be lean. You better get a really good recruiting class immediately. The Green / Harbison days are about over. Big win over a talented KM team. I was told that KM was too focused on stopping Harbison and tried to play man against Crest. I was also told KM abandoned the run to early. I did not see any footage so who knows how valid that is.

I will no longer doubt Crest this year. KM played a rough game tonight full of mistakes and the game had the making of great game and could been a lil more tight IMO. Regardless of how KM played, Crest would have still had their way with them. Crest is scary big and fast. If you can match their speed, there is no way can you match all that size. They are a loaded team and will be hard to stop.

I didnt enjoy watching this game, but I will admit Crest is a must see team and are far from overrated. Can't wait to see the Shelby game and how the CC teams lookdeep rounds of the playoffs.

Reactions: '98 State Champion
Crest wins 48-14. Really surprised at how easy Crest scored on KM. Crest QB Willie Green threw for 400+ yds and 7 TD's. Crest defense was really tough tonight. Good luck KM the rest of the way.
Good god. Crest throwing for 400 yards? I thought y'all ran the power running game like us? Although we haven't yet evolved into a 21st century offense. We threw the ball 5 times tonight. Yes 5. We average about 8 passes per game and have a great receiving core. Smh.... If crest has a passing game now its no wonder they are so dominant. Big win. Kings mountain doesn't suck.

REALITY soon, Lions!!!

Wow ! And to think you used to only follow seventeen teams !!!! Wearing their shirts now and soon will be seen on a tractor plowing fields!!! It's ok I wouldn't follow South Point either I'd follow a team that can beat a decent team ...

Crest / Shelby is several weeks away we'll worry about them then ... Until then go fly a plane lol

If we win don't start following us your bad luck ! And every prediction you've made this year in regards to any county team has been wrong

Love ya like my luggage old friend

Shelby lion

Seadog remember Crest is the best team in the state and will destroy SP again in the playoffs and they will let you know again how good they are.As for Shelby were just a little 2A team.

Reactions: '98 State Champion
As a former preps poster, crestrulz, would say....tick tock!

LA, SL and SHS, sorry your team is embarrassing you. You're good guys and fans.

TICK TOCK!!!

As a former preps poster, crestrulz, would say....tick tock!

LA, SL and SHS, sorry your team is embarrassing you. You're good guys and fans.

TICK TOCK!!!

I just don't have the time to be here as much my friend. My dad is battling cancer, my neighbor and friend is battling cancer so they're taking up a lot my time. I work 45 to 50 every week and I have a wife to tend to, and a home to keep up. Struggling with time, right now.

This place has always been somewhere I go to aggravate people, but even that has lost its fun. John and crestrulz are very different people as stupid as that sounds. Rulz really does not represent John.

Plus, just look at the crap getting spewed here. KM was in a five man front and blitzed on almost every down, they were determined to stop 21 so we throw seven TD passes. I saw one Shelby poster on the Cleveland County picks thread say our defense was "alright" I laughed. Another one said we had "5" plays all involving Harbison, yet our QB just threw for over 450 yards. I laughed.

Shelby has a great team, their fans like to call us delusional, pot meet kettle. I guess in week 10 we'll take our "alright" defense and our "5" plays and try to make a game out of it.

I know a lot of you folks hate me. I'm good with that, I deserve it. But, if you pray, I simply ask that you pray for my dad (Roger) and my neighbor (Rusty). I'd appreciate the help.

Good luck to Shelby and SP the rest of the way....... God Bless...

Will do. It's been pretty quite on here without your post. Take care of your friends and family.

Rulz we are rivals on the board but you have a partner in prayer!

Rulz,
I will say a prayer for Roger and Rusty sir. It's all fun and games here and at the end of the day I wish the best for everyone. I hope everything works out for you, your family and friends.

I will be praying for your dad and neighbor John! Stay strong brother it's all in fun on here!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT