ADVERTISEMENT

Crest fans, Mallard Creek needs 2 games

Who thinks they're loaded at skill positions? Fact is...most years they have 2 kids per year that can go play D1...and in many years have. You are right...it's misleading. ECU is still D1. Tulane is, etc.
lol @$10k per year. You know people know about the scholarships man...as I'm sure you do. If it's not a problem (the large range) then CC should start drawing only from around HWY 51 like a regular HS. If they're 2a so be it. If 1a, 4a - so be it. If you're gonna be in public school athletics, you should have to obey the same rules.

If you are alluding that Charlotte Catholic recruits and then offers the athletes scholarship assistance, then that would be incorrect. Charlotte Catholic has gone above and beyond the call of duty in ensuring that they follow the rules. Can anyone tell us of one football player that has received tuition assistance?

Charlotte Catholic is a parochial school, and non-boarding parochial schools are eligible to join the NCHSAA. Since joining, Charlotte Catholic has been accused time and again of recruiting, and time and again these allegations have been baseless. Time and again, certain schools have ganged up on Charlotte Catholic in an attempt to oust them from membership, and time and again, each attempt has been frivolous.

I have never attended Charlotte Catholic, nor do I have any certain allegiance to that school. However they have done an incredible job of playing within the rules.

Who thinks they're loaded at skill positions? Fact is...most years they have 2 kids per year that can go play D1...and in many years have. You are right...it's misleading. ECU is still D1. Tulane is, etc.
lol @$10k per year. You know people know about the scholarships man...as I'm sure you do. If it's not a problem (the large range) then CC should start drawing only from around HWY 51 like a regular HS. If they're 2a so be it. If 1a, 4a - so be it. If you're gonna be in public school athletics, you should have to obey the same rules.

I know of a couple of players that no longer attend Catholic because they are not allowed to get the the stiped from the Catholic Church and play sports. They went to their home district public school so they could play sports.

I was excitied when I saw the screen name but too much info that is not factual.

The schools in Charlotte were glad to have Catholic in their conferences. No issue competing with them.

It's fine. You, like most people, watch the football during a football game. That is why you have no idea about survival along the OL/DL. MC would win passing the ball and on the edge. But, they would not win upfront on offense. That zone blocking yall do on Offense.....you don't do it better than Crest and you don't have better looking athletes doing it than Crest has upfront. Somebody from Boiling Springs tell me the last time Crest's line didn't avg. 6'3-6'4 280. So - I fully understand where MC is better than a SP. But, SP is used to seeing bigger opponents.

You have not read many posts here the last few years. He pays good attention to the linemen. One of the posters from MC is the father of college linemen. MC has had some impressive play and players on the OL the last few years.

Last edited:
DeBoer31 you are turning out to be the least informed poster on NCpreps History. Hard to believe you ever attended a football game.
It's fine. You, like most people, watch the football during a football game. That is why you have no idea about survival along the OL/DL. MC would win passing the ball and on the edge. But, they would not win upfront on offense. That zone blocking yall do on Offense.....you don't do it better than Crest and you don't have better looking athletes doing it than Crest has upfront. Somebody from Boiling Springs tell me the last time Crest's line didn't avg. 6'3-6'4 280. So - I fully understand where MC is better than a SP. But, SP is used to seeing bigger opponents.

Mallard Creek OL
Dejour Simpson: 6'3", 310 OG/SR.........All State
Eric Douglas: 6'6", 290 T/JR.........NC.State, Clemson, Miss State, South Carolina, Florida
TJ Moore: 6'6". 285 T/JR...............UNC, NC State, South Carolina
6'2" Grant Gibson: 6'2" 305 C/JR....West Virgina, Vanderbilt, Tenn, V Tech, Colorado State, UNC, NC State
Issac Hampton: 6'2" 255 OG/JR.........Coastal Carolina, Duke

4 of the 5 will be returning. Probably one of the most accomplished OL's in the Nation
DeBoer31 you really need to start doing more research. . . How can you be so uninformed but continue to post? Embarrassing!

by The Cats R Nasty » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:38 pm

dukeblueboys1 wrote:Mallard Creek taken all calls free week one and four.

Mallard Creek has Jackie Hayes's phone number, but I bet you that they will NOT make that call. They beat Dillon, but they found out that it certainly wasn't a week 1 warm up game..... What a wake up call that was. The week after Dillon spanked Newberry to win their 4th in a row title, I would have put them on the field with anybody in the state of SC or NC. Losing what we lose this year and having to fill the big shoes next year, a week one match up with MC would be a challenge for sure, one that I would love to see.

This was copied from go upstate.com.
use your connections and make the call work 7

Mallard Creek has Jackie Hayes's phone number, but I bet you that they will NOT make that call. They beat Dillon, but they found out that it certainly wasn't a week 1 warm up game..... What a wake up call that was. The week after Dillon spanked Newberry to win their 4th in a row title, I would have put them on the field with anybody in the state of SC or NC. Losing what we lose this year and having to fill the big shoes next year, a week one match up with MC would be a challenge for sure, one that I would love to see.

Would Dillon go to Mallard Creek though? The contract was a one year deal, so I think MC is looking for at least a home and home. I'm sure Dillon would go to MC though, we'll see.

Thadius Moss TE( 4 Star,Over 30 offers, All State) Ryan Jones: WR/DB(Jr with ACC & SEC 4 star) James Smith QB the most decorated and accomplished since Chris Leake(most likely Navy), Thomas Gordon WR(Furman commit), Devin Mines S(Gardner Webb commit) Corey Sutton:WR (Kansas State commit) Josh Brown(Florida State commit)

What players? & what teams are recruiting your better skill guys? lmao!
You do realize that you can't just say stuff to see if it sticks? There are numerous sports media outlets that can support your claim. I'm searching and i can't find what you're seeing. Help me out please!
Like I said Shelby had better skill players.

I don't buy that. What I saw vs Page and several times this season were the best set of skill players on one team in the state. I saw Shelby on film a few times, while Shelby isn't far behind MC they are behind them. Give me what MC had skill wise all day.

Chargerbacker1- I can assure you that nobody involved at mallard Creek thought going to Dillon was a week one warm up. In fact the reason it was scheduled to begin with was because Palmieri wanted to put the kids in a rough atmosphere against a quality opponent. He wanted to be better prepared for Butler the following week and for the playoffs. FYI... it worked great.

That is a dynamite program down there and I would make the trip in a heart beat again. Teams like Dillon earn my respect. They put it out there and take on anybody. Its refreshing to see.

I still keep in contact with a few of the fans and one of the coaches. Hostile atmosphere 10k plus with good football. You really need to give more respect to your program if you believe MC looked at them as a warm up. They pick Dillon because they were the only team they could schedule in SC, that was a Elite team regardless of classification. When asked about playing Mallard Creek. Not enough depth although we can compete. Numerous players injured after the game, that effected preparation for other games. I doubt the game will happen anytime soon. Much love for Dillon though.

Straight out of Cleveland County. I'm faster than you, but i'll never race you to actually find out. My little sister timed me in the forty. I ran 4.3 :)

I still keep in contact with a few of the fans and one of the coaches. Hostile atmosphere 10k plus with good football. You really need to give more respect to your program if you believe MC looked at them as a warm up. They pick Dillon because they were the only team they could schedule in SC, that was a Elite team regardless of classification. When asked about playing Mallard Creek. Not enough depth although we can compete. Numerous players injured after the game, that effected preparation for other games. I doubt the game will happen anytime soon. Much love for Dillon though.

Why won't another game happen ?

I really cant help you much anymore. You are so misinformed its hard to imagine you even watch some of the teams you talk about. For those of you keeping count at home-

- Mallard creek zone blocks
- Catholic hand picks athletes and offers scholarships
- South Point would beat Mallard creek upfront
- Mallard creek isn't a national program despite being ranked in all the national polls the last 3 years.

FYI... I have more than just a passing knowledge of the Oline... LOL

Why won't another game happen ?

I believe there was a point last year when it was discussed but then we got Byrnes to commit to home and home and Dillon never would. I don't know what their squad looks like for net year. I would love to see Crest travel down there. I think that would be a whale of a game.

MC had Brynes and they have Butler and a very good conf schedule. Optimally I would love to get one more top notch NC program. Dudley, Crest, maybe even a S. Durham and then one other regional power. RH NW, Spartanburg, Dorman, or if they could get the $$ maybe a trip to Georgia or Alabama. Dillon is great and if we swing and miss I would take that in a heart beat BUT I think we are still early enough that we can be greedy and maybe do better.

You have not read many posts here the last few years. He pays good attention to the linemen. One of the posters from MC is the father of college linemen. MC has had some impressive play and players on the OL the last few years.

LOL..yup Btango.. I occasionally like to watch the big boys.. LMAO. I also have a healthy respect for what schools like SP do with undersized kids. I will take 5'11 230 over some of the overweight terrible feet kids I see on a regular basis at the HS level. That said.. I also know what it looks like when you have a Devin Flowers , Tevin Lawshe, Omar Todman, Randy Sudyam, Eric Douglas, TJ Moore, Grant Gibson, DJ Humphries. All D1 Olineman that The Creek have turned out in the past 6 years. ( except Todman who I think ended up at Lenoir-Rhyne)

I know there is a lot of speculation and smack about our program on here. In my opinion. And that's all it is. I am an alumni. Long time fan. If you look at our history. Last 10 years or so. Last year was a first year head coach.... (His scheduling is yet to be determined )(Heard rumor we have Gaffney in 17 ) Before that. Coach Barnes was only there 5 years. A lot of the scheduling depends on the conference the state puts us in. We have 4 county schools in Cleveland Co. The powers that be will make sure we play these games. Keep the gate in the county. I think in Coach Barnes years. He was an outsider to Cleveland Co. football. Didn't really have time to change much as far as scheduling. All he did was take us to 4 ships in his 5 years. I don't think any coach at a 3a school with 1200 students. Comes in thinking. I'm gonna schedule the best teams around . To build a national brand. I must say the talent that is produced by Cleveland Co. schools. Speaks volumes about the community efforts from the bottom up.
Bottom line...We have a very good football program. Years of success. If we never play a 4a state power. That does not dis credit the success we attain playing in our division. I can promise this. If Cleveland Co. were to grow. Crest went to 2000 students. We went back to 4a. Mallard Creek would not be so anxious to play.......We've proven .....O

Chargerbacker, Catholic was a 3A school from 2005-12 with anywhere from 1200-1400 in those years and they scheduled 4AA schools plenty of times. South Meck from 2005-12, Providence 2009-12, Myers Park 2005-08, East Meck 2009. Just because you are a 3A school with 1200 means you shouldn't schedule 4A teams. Coach Oddo wanted to schedule the best around and he did.

I thought Page had some very solid skill players and one of the better ones I have seen. Did not think Bunn had much from 1-22 to compete with Shelby. Couple of DBs and wideouts for MC are big time talent. One is definitely a top line A5 recruit next year.

I know there is a lot of speculation and smack about our program on here. In my opinion. And that's all it is. I am an alumni. Long time fan. If you look at our history. Last 10 years or so. Last year was a first year head coach.... (His scheduling is yet to be determined )(Heard rumor we have Gaffney in 17 ) Before that. Coach Barnes was only there 5 years. A lot of the scheduling depends on the conference the state puts us in. We have 4 county schools in Cleveland Co. The powers that be will make sure we play these games. Keep the gate in the county. I think in Coach Barnes years. He was an outsider to Cleveland Co. football. Didn't really have time to change much as far as scheduling. All he did was take us to 4 ships in his 5 years. I don't think any coach at a 3a school with 1200 students. Comes in thinking. I'm gonna schedule the best teams around . To build a national brand. I must say the talent that is produced by Cleveland Co. schools. Speaks volumes about the community efforts from the bottom up.
Bottom line...We have a very good football program. Years of success. If we never play a 4a state power. That does not dis credit the success we attain playing in our division. I can promise this. If Cleveland Co. were to grow. Crest went to 2000 students. We went back to 4a. Mallard Creek would not be so anxious to play.......We've proven .....O

Sometimes I don't think you guys get it. We are anxious to play BECAUSE you are a top notch program. We don't want to play SUn Valley or Berry anymore. The program wants to be a nationally ranked program and you only do that by playing the best.

Mallard Ceek wants to seek out the best possible schedule keeping within the restraints of the budget. Palmieri would play Delasalle, Bosco or Bishop Gorman tomorrow if they could make it work financially. Maybe you win, maybe you lose but you challenge everyone in your program to get better.

Thats why you see kids and families falling over themselves to move into the district. Its not recruiting. Its the chance for many of these kids to compete against the best and get ready for the next level.

Chargerbacker, Catholic was a 3A school from 2005-12 with anywhere from 1200-1400 in those years and they scheduled 4AA schools plenty of times. South Meck from 2005-12, Providence 2009-12, Myers Park 2005-08, East Meck 2009. Just because you are a 3A school with 1200 means you shouldn't schedule 4A teams. Coach Oddo wanted to schedule the best around and he did.

So play big schools in the same county. Should be easy enough.

Sometimes I don't think you guys get it. We are anxious to play BECAUSE you are a top notch program. We don't want to play SUn Valley or Berry anymore. The program wants to be a nationally ranked program and you only do that by playing the best.

Mallard Ceek wants to seek out the best possible schedule keeping within the restraints of the budget. Palmieri would play Delasalle, Bosco or Bishop Gorman tomorrow if they could make it work financially. Maybe you win, maybe you lose but you challenge everyone in your program to get better.

Thats why you see kids and families falling over themselves to move into the district. Its not recruiting. Its the chance for many of these kids to compete against the best and get ready for the next level.
I refer to this team domination building as MOBILE KIDS. No permanent mortgage home, usually family has subsidized housing. West Charlotte, Indy, Mallard Creek. Apartments galore to move thru the county and public housing more abundant in Meck County. Rural settings have little or no public complexes and don't ever want them.

I refer to this team domination building as MOBILE KIDS. No permanent mortgage home, usually family has subsidized housing. West Charlotte, Indy, Mallard Creek. Apartments galore to move thru the county and public housing more abundant in Meck County. Rural settings have little or no public complexes and don't ever want them.

Mallard Creek and subsidized Housing and Public Housing? WOW! You are really just making stuff up. I know just about every kid and parent from Mallard Creek Football. 75% are Home Owners! 5 minutes from Concord Mills Mall/ University area that surrounds Mallard Creek are loaded with numerous nice Middle Class homes. They range from 150 to 500k...........There is not a public housing anywhere in the vicinity. Over 70% of the parents are college graduates. What and the HELL are you talking about?

FYI! Retired DEA agent, 2 x NFL, VP of mortgage Comp, Sr VP BOA. I doubt they ever lived in subsidized housing. Nothing wrong with someone who needs public assistance, but that's definitley not the make up of Mallard Creek

Last edited:

Not shockingly you would be wrong again. More come from affluence. One is the son of a former NFL star. Doubt he needs subsidized housing. Another from a successful home in North Charlotte. Enough to afford two mortgages.

But even if that was the case...what would be wrong with trying to put your kid in the most advantageous position you can.?

folks, I had to go to Behavioral health today because all I have been thinking about is what Crestcharger02 has been fishing about today. Rufus had to drive me to the ER. Thanks to Crestcharger02, He torn my nerves ladnight.

Vernon stayed home and warshed my undies
Sterling decided he would cook for me
Rhett is spoiled and selfish, so he went to excercise
and sawyer well me and Rufus left him at home reading the book of Genesis

Last edited:
Reactions: nepsy7
Place is loaded with apartment areas on the outskirts. Parents of 20 to 30 kids moving to go play football don't just sell the house and buy another. Yes Mallard Creek has a lot of nice homes and very large housing developments but 30 to 40 kids in sports is a small percentage of 2500 students. I've travel that area. I know what's in Charlotte. What I do takes me directly to homes and businesses daily.

Read the previous post closely. The paragraph referred to dominant teams and the county as a whole as WC, Indy, and MC had success. Do you dispute West Charlotte,Indy, MC had subsidized housing kids? Subsidized housing is everywhere but much more accessible and prominent in metro areas. But please spin it to your personal liking.

Why would i need to spin anything? I have no problem with acknowledging when someone is correct. Your previous post insinuated that MC gets these Mobile, non Home Owner, subsidized housing and public housing kids that come to play football. That is 100% incorrect. Please explain why what you do for a living has anything to do with where the MC players reside? Numerous family's moving in the area.. Parents working in Banking. Wells Fargo, TIAA-CREF, BOA, Sun Trust..etc

Don't quite understand your fascination with the subsidized housing theory, but wrong school. If you work in the industry and your looking to assist people with subsidized housing? I can send you some leads, but they won't be parents from Mallard Creek

Last edited:
Apartments sure. Subsidized in the University area?. Not to my knowledge and I have lived here and in Huntersville 18 years. Can't speak to WC and Indy.. don't spend much time there.

30 -40 kids moving in?? Your off by about 35 but feel free to keep posting inaccuracies. Your good at it.

I think your words were "build it and they will come". Even you stated it. Don't think that applies to places like Richmond and Scotland. One high school in a county doesn't have that option. But make no mistake I don't think it's wrong to put a kid in the best position to go to school free if he or she has talent. Just as I don't think it's wrong to put them in a school outside a district if the setting is wrong. I doubt Booker T Washington (national prominence, 2013 nationally ranked first) built that talent pool. It was centered in Overton-Miami and the talent has always been there.

IMG Academy is a BUILT program with people with money and free scholarships creating opportunities for others. Blair Academy in wrestling didn't get to be ranked tops in wrestling with local talent. Six and a half million in schollys BUILT that program. Same goes for Patterson and Oak Hill in basketball. BUILT programs. Not locally raised talent. All is legal and I have no problem when kids physically move to succeed and neither should anyone else. It's within all guidelines.

I think your words were "build it and they will come". Even you stated it. Don't think that applies to places like Richmond and Scotland. One high school in a county doesn't have that option. But make no mistake I don't think it's wrong to put a kid in the best position to go to school free if he or she has talent. Just as I don't think it's wrong to put them in a school outside a district if the setting is wrong. I doubt Booker T Washington (national prominence, 2013 nationally ranked first) built that talent pool. It was centered in Overton-Miami and the talent has always been there.

IMG Academy is a BUILT program with people with money and free scholarships creating opportunities for others. Blair Academy in wrestling didn't get to be ranked tops in wrestling with local talent. Six and a half million in schollys BUILT that program. Same goes for Patterson and Oak Hill in basketball. BUILT programs. Not locally raised talent. All is legal and I have no problem when kids physically move to succeed and neither should anyone one else. It's within all guidelines.

One school counties have a different advantage. They understand that when they are 15 or 16 they will be playing for the home team in front of 10K screaming fans. If you grow up in a urban school district those lines get re-drawn constantly. My home for 14 years had 3 different school districts. One of the reasons you see families moving . They are tired of CMS telling them where their kid will go to school.

As far as rural communities. I don't post about what I don't know but it seems I read a awful lot about kids that move into the Crest district. Its not just the big cities that have discovered this phenomenon.

Straight out of Cleveland County. I'm faster than you, but i'll never race you to actually find out. My little sister timed me in the forty. I ran 4.3 :)
I promise you the Shelby wide outs are faster.Jayden Borders ran the fastest time this summer at UNC on what the Tar Heel coaches said was a slow turf.Ran a 4.4,two of the other receivers are just as fast.I don't care what you and your little sister do but this little 2a team had better skill people.

No permanent mortgage homes? That's incorrect.

I don't know why anyone would want to stereotype a school based on their neighborhoods, unless you want to shame the kids for some odd reason.

I promise you the Shelby wide outs are faster.Jayden Borders ran the fastest time this summer at UNC on what the Tar Heel coaches said was a slow turf.Ran a 4.4,two of the other receivers are just as fast.I don't care what you and your little sister do but this little 2a team had better skill people.

My Friends best friends son was running on the Campus of Chapel Hill and one of the Coaches Uncle's niece timed him while he was running to catch one of his best friend girl friend because she left her book bag in one of the Football players room. They timed him @ 4.2 . Tar Hills Coaches were watching and they said he would have ran a 4.1 but it was windy..... :p I PROMISE YOU!

Last edited:
That post is all I need to know about what I'm dealing with.These kids were at UNC football camps with Fedora and the other coaches.Go to Inside Carolina and read the latest story on Borders who is on the AP all state team.

No permanent mortgage homes? That's incorrect.

I don't know why anyone would want to stereotype a school based on their neighborhoods, unless you want to shame the kids for some odd reason.

+1. He switched up real quick, when he realized there were no facts to back up his claim. He started talking about IMG which recruits kids from all over the nation, that is not allowed to compete in FL state playoffs. That cost about 70k a year and they give out scholarships. What does that have do with saying that Mallard Creek players come from no permanent mortgage home? Which is emphatically untrue.

That post is all I need to know about what I'm dealing with.These kids were at UNC football camps with Fedora and the other coaches.Go to Inside Carolina and read the latest story on Borders who is on the AP all state team.

I just got off the phone with Larry Fedora's wife. She confirmed everything you said. She also told me that Shelby's skill guys were invited to the Mighty might midget All star game. I was wrong. Please except my apology.

Go ask your QBs dad about Shelby football.Ask Marquise Williams what high school he dreamed about playing for. Better yet drive out to that sorry little 4a football field that yall call a stadium and think why does the great MC not have nice facilities like little 2a Shelby.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT