ADVERTISEMENT

Crest fans, Mallard Creek needs 2 games

CabCoFootball

Aug 11, 2014
Week 1 and Week 4 are both open on the Mavericks schedule.

You should put some pressure on your AD and Coaches to give them a call, so we can see the matchup we've all been talking about.

Me thinks you wont :cool:

I'm sure the schedule is already set for next year . Probably a little late to make a change.

I know week 1 is taken up for Crest with South Point, but maybe week 4 isn't. Who knows, all I know is this. That Crest/MC probably will not happen in 2016, maybe 2017, but not in 2016.
It won't be because MC is scared because trust me they are not. It would be because the schedules just don't match up. It happens sometimes.
I think it'd be great for NC for those two teams to matchup though.

We have absolutely nothing to gain by playing MC. Lets talk Catholic..... I will look forward to 2017. I predict our paths will cross. Catholic fans won't admit it...BUT I KNOW.....Your not looking forward to it.

We have absolutely nothing to gain by playing MC. Lets talk Catholic..... I will look forward to 2017. I predict our paths will cross. Catholic fans won't admit it...BUT I KNOW.....Your not looking forward to it.
You actually have a lot to gain by playing MC. If you beat them you get to thump your chest as beating the best team in Charlotte which you would. It would do wonders for your teams confidence, and even if you lose it shows you the level you need to play at to make a deep run.
In 2013 and 2014 Catholic got murdered by Mallard Creek, but each year it made Catholic better it showed Catholic what they needed to improve on if they wanted to beat the best teams in 4A. Plus the MC faithful are all good guys, they'll travel to Boiling Springs I think. Maybe not in droves, but there'd be a decent crowd there.
Should Catholic and Crest cross paths it'll be a fine game, but to predict a game in 2017 is stupid lol

We thump our chest anyway. Our players don't need confidence to go deep in the playoffs. We live deep in the playoffs.

We thump our chest anyway. Our players don't need confidence to go deep in the playoffs. We live deep in the playoffs.
As do the Mavericks. I think it'd be great, but keep Roberson on that schedule week 4 cause that's the easy thing to do.
Or you could surprise us all and drop Roberson cause they're a joke and pick up a home and home with Mallard Creek, but we know you won't.

Reactions: Chopper747
Everyone wants to be the best team in NC until Mallard Creek has an opening...

A perfect chance to gain the undisputed title... Seems like something to gain to me.

Everyone wants to be the best team in NC until Mallard Creek has an opening...

A perfect chance to gain the undisputed title... Seems like something to gain to me.
You're right. They all talk all the trash until Mallard Creek has an opening. Glad Catholic didn't run, they took their ass kicking for 2yrs, but at least they had the balls to schedule them!

Talk about easy.. hahaha... Is Catholic gonna petition to stay 4a....I don't think so....guess with the success of all the Rock Hill schools. Transfers are hard to come by.

images

Crest always talks about how they will compete with Mallard Creek. Than the games come available? This will be the 4th year and counting!

Talk about easy.. hahaha... Is Catholic gonna petition to stay 4a....I don't think so....guess with the success of all the Rock Hill schools. Transfers are hard to come by.
Catholic just won a 4A title with 3A numbers, not 3AA numbers, 3A numbers. Less students than Crest actually. 1247 to be exact. Catholic has a great conference in 3A for competition and for gates, we'll just transfer some of the schools in our conference now to our OOC.

We must be the Donald Trump of N.C. football. All we do is beat up on 2a teams....AND get all this attention.

the only thing you live deep in is your sister, hows the transfer class looking this year? Bled Burns dry so you gotta tap another source. In all reality I would like to see a Crest/MC matchup...but will crest have the same caliber of team next year as they have the last 2 seasons?

the only thing you live deep in is your sister, hows the transfer class looking this year? Bled Burns dry so you gotta tap another source. In all reality I would like to see a Crest/MC matchup...but will crest have the same caliber of team next year as they have the last 2 seasons?

Rev, word is, kids are lining up to go to Crest. I heard from a big Crest booster that there will probably be a waiting list for incoming football players. Not likely next years team can match the last 2 teams but regardless, there should be enough talent left over for Crest to be a top 10 3A team.
How's your head coach search coming? I saw on another thread that the admins have narrowed the list down to 2. A current assistant that helped put the program in the dumper and a former Burns head coach that was run off cause of a 1-10 record. Good job bringing in proven winners. Sounds like you guys are gonna give Chase a run for the cellar the next few years.

Regarding Mallard Creek vs Crest. Crest's 2016 schedule is set. Agree though, would love to see Crest and Shelby play some of the current Charlotte teams.

The current asst. that is applying will do just fine, he was there for the successful Ron Greene years, the Matt Beam years and the Senseney years, He is a faithful coach and maybe what the school needs at this point. He knows the X's and O's and he has learned from some of the best over that past 2 decades.

as far as the former coach that went 1-10, I would be ok with him as well (if it is him that its narrowed down to) Everyone that knows Burns football was in a very rough situation that year and That coach didnt have complete control of the program and it was going to be a very inexperienced year. On top of that Im am very positive he has grown as a coach and has contributed to 3 state titles to the Shelby program. Coaches get better and learn from mistakes etc....

I will be fine with either choice, and give us a few more years and we will be back competing with the rest of the county. Keep in mind we werent that far off last season. The 3A state semifinalist KM game was decided on 2 plays....the injury bug caught us soon after that and we went spiraling.

Go take another drink. You butthurt dildo. Face it. Burns will always suck......Live with it.......Burns is a disgrace to Cleveland Co. football.

Didn't MC lose games this year?
Yes two games. Tried to play in the same league as Byrnes and got blown out in the first half but made a comeback in the second half. Then got beat by Hough. Multiple over times to beat East Forsyth. Given the size of the schools 4AA is a super weak class other than four teams. The least competitive classification in the state. The east side of North Carolina 4AA is very, very weak.

Yes two games. Tried to play in the same league as Byrnes and got blown out in the first half but made a comeback in the second half. Then got beat by Hough. Multiple over times to beat East Forsyth. Given the size of the schools 4AA is a super weak class other than four teams. The least competitive classification in the state. The east side of North Carolina 4AA is very, very weak.

Came back on Brynes lost by 2 points. Brynes blocked a punt last play of the game to win 31-29. Lost to Hough in overtime. 2nd game against Hough, Mallard Creek destroys them 44-0. East Forsyth was only 1 overtime. Page which is actually a western team. played in the Eastern Bracket. they handled Wake Forest, Richmond and Middle Creek. State Championship game MC was up 42-0 at halftime with a running clock the entire 2nd half against Page.

Monroe would be great match up against Crest, They're 2A.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chopper747
Came back on Brynes lost by 2 points. Brynes blocked a punt last play of the game to win 31-29. Lost to Hough in overtime. 2nd game against Hough, Mallard Creek destroys them 44-0. East Forsyth was only 1 overtime. Page which is actually a western team. played in the Eastern Bracket. they handled Wake Forest, Richmond and Middle Creek. State Championship game MC was up 42-0 at halftime with a running clock the entire 2nd half against Page.

Monroe would be great match up against Crest, They're 2A.
LOL. Still losses. Tried to compete nationally but yet regionally failed. Better luck next year maybe.

Reactions: DeBoer31
LOL. Still losses. Tried to compete nationally but yet regionally failed. Better luck next year maybe.

Thanks for the shout out! Eventually we will get their. Big difference from playing Top 3 team in the State versus playing # 168 or 128. It's called competition. That's how elite teams become elite. You have to start from somewhere. You have to play the elite programs. You win some lose some. It happens!

Or you could just play cotton candy teams. You know! :)

Byrnes has been down for awhile but most would consider then a "national" program. They got there by winning state titles and leaving SC to play.

Byrnes has been down for awhile but most would consider then a "national" program. They got there by winning state titles and leaving SC to play.
They have been good the last 6-7 years, but they're not a national program whatsoever. If they continue to win state titles and do this for another 5-6 years....maybe. They're not Independence of old, Northwestern, Byrnes,etc.
They are where Butler was a few years ago...on the verge of being a national program. There are hundreds of MCs all over the SouthEast. It takes sustained excellence for at least 10 years and beating other top "national" programs to be considered in that league.

If MC wants to be a national program, they can do like some other teams have done in the past and go play a non conf. schedule including the national programs from around the surrounding states. H#ll, they could just put NW, Byrnes, Dorman on their sch. You go 3-0 vs. those teams 2 years in a row...you're a national power.

Last edited:
Reactions: seadog28
They have been good the last 6-7 years, but they're not a national program whatsoever. If they continue to win state titles and do this for another 5-6 years....maybe. They're not Independence of old, Northwestern, Byrnes,etc.
They are where Butler was a few years ago...on the verge of being a national program. There are hundreds of MCs all over the SouthEast. It takes sustained excellence for at least 10 years and beating other top "national" programs to be considered in that league.

If MC wants to be a national program, they can do like some other teams have done in the past and go play a non conf. schedule including the national programs from around the surrounding states. H#ll, they could just put NW, Byrnes, Dorman on their. You go 3-0 vs. those teams 2 years in a row...you're a national power.

Lmao!

If MC wants to be a national program, they can do like some other teams have done in the past and go play a non conf. schedule including the national programs from around the surrounding states. H#ll, they could just put NW, Byrnes, Dorman on their. You go 3-0 vs. those teams 2 years in a row...you're a national power.

Rob please reread my post. "They" (Byrnes) got "there" (national program) by winning state titles (both DI and DII 4A) and "leaving" (hosting or traveling) SC to play (out of state competition).

Northwestern and Dorman are "national programs"? If so, Butler ("were") and Mallard Creek ("are") qualify as "national programs".

Quick correction. Not " tried" to compete nationally. " Are" competing nationally

Max Preps- 2015 ( #36) 2013 ( #31)
NHSF- 2015 ( #33) 014 ( #57) ( #12)
USA Today- 2014 ( #31) 2013 (#12)
HSFA- 2015( #26)

Inside the top 50 in just about every national poll the last 3 years.

In addition to the rankings Mallard Creek a must stop for every top ranked college football program in the nation. FSU, OSU,UCLA, Florida all on campus on a regular basis.

Finished 4th in the National 7 on 7 at Hoover, Al Only NC school to ever even win a single game there.

NC STate and UNC practice for bowl games and make special pre-season trips to practice at the Mallard Creek facilities.

Multiple mentions of the program during live bowl broadcasts including the Belk Bowl and Russel Athletic Bowl. NBC Football America Sunday night with live presence at Mallard Creek along with taped segment at halftime of Panthers Sunday night game.

Any statement that says that Mallard Creek isn't competing nationally or hasn't formed a national brand is factually incorrect.

Again... correction. MC is already a national program. Simply not debatable. National Power?? Not there yet but certainly making every effort to get there.

Mallard Creek fans don't get to decide whether or not they are a national program. That is largely the media's job and to a lesser degree the coaches and AD's from other national programs. You may disagree with their assessment and that is fine but whether or not they have become a nationally relevant program has already been decided.

DeBoer31

Beat Dorman & Northwestern a few years and you become a National Power? What kind of logic is behind that. 2013 Dorman was 7-5. 2014 Northwestern was 9-5. Beating those teams are no different than beating Butler and Charlotte Catholic.

There are discrepancies in your analogy. .
1.They have been good the last 6-7 years? 9 years of football, only 1 season have they lost more than 2 games on the field. Do the math.
2. It takes sustained excellence for at least 10 years? School has not been open for 10 years. :)
3. There are hundreds of MCs all over the SouthEast? Give me 5 teams across the Southeast that have accomplished what MC has with only 9 years in existence?

Crest vs Butler would be an interesting matchup.
You know Shelby and Catholic have never played and that'd create a big gate at both schools. Shelby is not your average 2A team so I think that'd be a great game.
Crest vs Hough....now that'd be an interesting matchup

If Mallard Creek is such a national brand then why have they not until recently ventured even into South Carolina. If all it takes is to play two games outside of your immediate area then national football ranking means nothing.

I look at what it takes for basketball and wrestling to get national recognition. It takes ten years and a dozen of out of the state opponents per year to get to that point.

Reactions: DeBoer31
I watched MC in Raleigh and was impressed with the size of their lines.As for their skill people they were not as good as Shelbys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT