ADVERTISEMENT

Crest fans, Mallard Creek needs 2 games

DeBoer31, if NW is such big time then why did Charlotte Catholic with their white 5/9" CBs beat the ever living crap out of them in 2014?
In 2014, they had Dupree Hart and the little brother of Mason Rudolph cannot remember his name, but the kid was a play maker! Or are they only big time when they play S Pointe on ESPN 3 years ago?

Well if CC is as good as you think, then shouldn't they be a relevant team to challenge them? The game you speak of, in CC, was in 2014. No offense to anyone including MRs brother.....but he didn't play (on the field when games mattered ) at NW. This is the year they had to eventually go to Dupree Hart about halfway through the year b/c the QB situation just wasn't working. So, be lucky you got them before the switch was made.

Care to talk about the year prior in Rock Hill when NW dominated E. Hood? Had one break away for about 40-45 and every other run for about 2.

Had a decent season this year.
Yeah. CC has lucky to catch them on their one down year in the last decade. Congrats.
Again...like I tell the MC crowd, they are available for games too. Schedule some more home and homes with them CC.

But in 2014, were they just....average? They almost beat Byrnes that year. Think the score was 30-22 something like that?
NW is considered an elite team in SC and trust me it floored some people when Catholic waxed them a year ago. MC would've killed them too last year. Who knows this year, but NW/MC at District 3 stadium would be an excellent game with a bigger crowd from Charlotte than you think.
You are right....in 2014. They had a down year (for them). Anytime a team makes a QB switch mid year to a 5'6 (albeit 5'6 phenom player) guy....then you know things weren't state championship caliber that particular year.

NW beats Charlotte Catholic 38-17
MC beats Charlotte Catholic 52-7

What's your point? You are turning into the Titanic. You keep sinking. lol!

Do you wanna talk about when NW embarrassed and outclassed E. Hood and CC the year before? You wanna talk about NW beating SPe...same team that beat Vance, who in turn lost a razor thin game to MC? So....nobody thinks MC sucks. But, like I keep saying - if you want to find some legit HS football programs year in and out...they aren't far away.

NW was an elite program because they've been an elite program for decades. Deboer at least from what I am taking was saying they weren't "that elite" because they lost to Byrnes...so what? It happens.

Absolutely not. Easy to read....had 1,000 posts on here stating Byrnes, NW, SPe, Spartanburg, Dorman over the last 30-40 years (for those HSs that are that old....and the new ones like SPe) are elite programs...and not hard to find if you want elite competition. How anyone can glean anything else from that is 1)irresponsibly misleading with intent or 2) showing how badly you read.

You are correct Crest beat Indy the second game of 2000. A lot of people question the incomplete pass. One play game. That Indy team started four seniors, ten juniors, and eight sophomores. All but one of the starters played at Indy the previous season. Indy was excited to play Crest in the regional final but the Chargers choked on a Bearcat tail in the regional semi final.

Believe me, the South Point I watched against Rocky Mount would not have did any damage to the MC linemen. May be some years but not in 2015. Very bad match up for the Raiders.

That's what most people think until they get whooped upfront. SP doesn't play flag football.

As I said all year, which Vance shows up? Same with Mallard Creek to some extent. Injuries depleted Vance and with their depth issues they were always suspectible. South Pointe and Kannapolis. Later in the season MC, Hough, and Catholic.

I did not get to any Rock Hill area games this past season. I normally see a few games there. I asked a coach about NW and he said Miles Corpening was a stud. Corpening played in the Shrine Bowl. He moved to NW from Vance.
Yes - he was a much better player due to being much better coached.

Poor poor Nepsy! I sure hope that Mallard Creek has a window he can look out of with his head crammed 10 feet up the Creeks proverbial rear end...

Mallard Creek in a few short years has become an elite NORTH CAROLINA team... National Prominence not yet, but they are getting there SLOWLY... Let me type that again SLOWLY...

National prominent teams beats the absolute heck out of the "local" in state schools, conference etc, and then beat up on each other on the "National stage" Has the Creek done this, well kinda... they beat up on most local in state schools (Exception Hough) and then go out of state and lay an egg in the first half against a "usual" nationally prominent team (Byrnes)and lose... so there are two losses and well lets ALMOST give them a big win against McDonogh, they were what 6-3??? Yeah that's big time....... Great NC School and program in a short time, absolutely, no denying that, Nationally prominent team, NO, NOT YET....

Twist it any way you want, but that's the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.... BOTTOM LINE...

And then the whole "Crest wont call us mess" well yeah they call yall out and probably deserve that, but don't waste time on us little guys, beat a few of the big boys you are crowing about then the rest of the free world may chew on the crap you are spewing about how GREAT Mallard Creek is.......
Mallard Creek is dang good no denying it " In State"

All this...all 100% correct.

Do you wanna talk about when NW embarrassed and outclassed E. Hood and CC the year before? You wanna talk about NW beating SPe...same team that beat Vance, who in turn lost a razor thin game to MC? So....nobody thinks MC sucks. But, like I keep saying - if you want to find some legit HS football programs year in and out...they aren't far away.

I think if you read more closely you will see that those scores are from the Hood year.

Not sure nationally prominent is the word I would use. Think it would take a few more years at the current pace and schedule to achieve that level. Without question a win against a Byrnes, Spartanburg, Ga power, Tenn power is definitely needed.

Nationally recognized program?? Without question. The rankings and the fact that these teams are now starting to reach out to MC rather than MC reaching out to them is validation of that.

In regards to the Dillon game. I think 2013 Dillon is the 2nd best team Mallard Creek has played in the past 5 years. Only Butler 2012 was better. Now... the atmosphere probably played into that some but that squad had multiple D1 players on offense and defense and could play. They struggle to schedule as well because none of the SC big teams want anything to do with them.

LMAO...that's because the "big" 4a teams in SC play a murderer's row schedule. Go look at NW, Byrnes, Dorman schedule the past 10 years in conference (especially) and out. They're playing other 4A schools from NC (CC, Independence, etc for instance) and to suggest they're scared to schedule them is ludicrous. Yall just didn't know what was down there, but found out. That type program exists all over the state of GA too....going back to my "hundreds" of relevant big time programs that are state-wide known for football and will play anyone comment.

LMAO...that's because the "big" 4a teams in SC play a murderer's row schedule. Go look at NW, Byrnes, Dorman schedule the past 10 years in conference (especially) and out. They're playing other 4A schools from NC (CC, Independence, etc for instance) and to suggest they're scared to schedule them is ludicrous. Yall just didn't know what was down there, but found out. That type program exists all over the state of GA too....going back to my "hundreds" of relevant big time programs that are state-wide known for football and will play anyone comment.

Didn't know what was down there?? you are hysterical.. Lost by 2 points in a place where Brynes had lost 2 regular season games in 14 years...

When has Byrnes played another 4a school from NC besides Mallard Creek?

You can get your little panties in a wad till the Creek rises but it doesn't change the fact that Mallard Creek, whilst being a dominate NC school the last several years, just hasn't risen to the level you are saying they have! They go out of state, beat a McDonogh team that was decent this past season, they lose to Byrnes and they lose to Hough! Great season, and state champions again, yet they are NOT a nationally prominent team YET! Ill give Blue and Gold his due by him saying they are in the National Discussion (somewhat) but not quite there, yet? Prominent? NO, not even close at this juncture...

And me being from Shelby has nothing to do with this.....Me not being able to count my fingers and toes and never get the same number twice, is irrelevant, much like this conversation about Mallard Creek and National Prominence/ Discussion etc..... LOL

You are adamant about trying to convince whomever about the status of Mallard Creek on the National Level.. I don't do the ranking, so your argument is not with me. The last 4 years they have been ranked Nationally. Prominence: the fact or condition of standing out from something by physically projecting or being particularly noticeable. That would make them prominent. I don't make the rules. That's a fact and neither do you.

So basically The Creek is a non Prominent National program, that get's National exposure. Gotcha!

Last edited:

For the record, never said anyone was scared. Scheduling teams in SC is complicated. They are on a different schedule rotation than NC. Got lucky with Byrnes

I think if you read more closely you will see that those scores are from the Hood year.

Uh...no. 2014 is a year AFTER they won a state title, and Mason Rudolph (and many others) were gone. Even at the most legit programs, after a state title by default you are gonna lose a bunch of talent. CC had them scheduled 2nd game the year after a state title...and they were a little down from normal.
Also....Hood was gone. He wasn't on that team that beat NW. NW had a kid who lost his QB job, threw 2 pick 6s, etc, etc.
2015...not so much. Another state title.

You are adamant about trying to convince someone whomever about the status of Mallard Creek on the National Level.. I don't do the ranking, so your argument is not with me. The last 4 years they have been ranked Nationally. Prominence: the fact or condition of standing out from something by physically projecting or being particularly noticeable. That would make them prominent. I don't make the rules. That's a fact and neither do you.

So basically The Creek is a non Prominent National program, that get's National exposure. Gotcha!

This is exactly right. Polls and ratings are there for debate purposes and since there will never be a national playoff its the only thing that determines national relevance.

You can argue whether or not they deserve to be ranked but the fact that they are in nearly every poll for the last 3 years is in fact validating that they are nationally recognized . Its not debatable.

Uh...no. 2014 is a year AFTER they won a state title, and Mason Rudolph (and many others) were gone. Even at the most legit programs, after a state title by default you are gonna lose a bunch of talent. CC had them scheduled 2nd game the year after a state title...and they were a little down from normal.
Also....Hood was gone. He wasn't on that team that beat NW. NW had a kid who lost his QB job, threw 2 pick 6s, etc, etc.
2015...not so much. Another state title.

Again..please re-read. It says NW BEATS Catholic 38-17. They beat Catholic in 2013 WITH Hood.

The beat Catholic by 21. Two weeks later MC beat Catholic by 45.

Please stop and read before you post

Same discussion we had the year before when MC had 4 open dates. FYI... I never once have mentioned Crest other than to say they have a great program in this thread. I would like to see the match up.

Your boy brought Crest into it. Lecture him if you feel the need.

Went well for yall, but we're talking about a scheduled game. Not playoffs, Country Day a small 1A school in size beat the MIGHTY Crest Chargers while they were 4A three out of four years....come on bro.
Come on. private school football in the last decade has exploded with recruits filtering in (including CC...which shouldnt' be allowed to play in public...but that's another discussion). So, this "little 1a" crap is nonsense.
If you start letting every team outside of Charlotte handpick a few players from the surrounding area to bolster whatever team they have.....then things will be different than they presently are.

Come on. private school football in the last decade has exploded with recruits filtering in (including CC...which shouldnt' be allowed to play in public...but that's another discussion). So, this "little 1a" crap is nonsense.
If you start letting every team outside of Charlotte handpick a few players from the surrounding area to bolster whatever team they have.....then things will be different than they presently are.

Charlotte Catholic football team looks like interns for the Nasa Space Camp. They might have 2 players on each graduating class that play a down of football after High School. If they recruit? They suck at it...LMAO!

They have 2 D1s on those teams every year. I know they don't look like what you think a D1 looks like 100%....but they always have a couple legit athletes. You won't find me taking up for CC very much- so CC people, you're welcome.
But....they hand pick some guys. When you have guys coming from Weddington, other side of Lake Norman, Gaston County, Below York County , etc just to go to school....you have a little big wider range to draw from than a regular public HS in NC.

I would love to see the science or method behind hand picking 5'7" 145lb db's. I would never associate Charlotte Catholic with any form of recruiting. Especially after watching them get off the bus. I believe a lot of programs underestimate them when they see them and by time they figure it out. It's to late. You've just been beat by the NASA interns. Kids that attend Catholic are going there because it's a great Catholic school with great academics. Not Football. That's just my personal opinion.

Last edited:
The Catholic hand picks athletes conversation is when I usually jump out of these conversations. It's when I know I am discussing stuff with people who clearly have zero idea what they are talking about.

Reactions: Ladge
All the nonsense aside: All the title games are online at twcsportschannel.com if anyone is interested... Well all but the 2aa game with Monroe and Bunn

All the nonsense aside: All the title games are online at twcsportschannel.com if anyone is interested... Well all but the 2aa game with Monroe and Bunn

Shelby Lion..Tell me about the Hollifield kid. Is he as good as he looked in the title game?

They have 2 D1s on those teams every year. I know they don't look like what you think a D1 looks like 100%....but they always have a couple legit athletes. You won't find me taking up for CC very much- so CC people, you're welcome.
But....they hand pick some guys. When you have guys coming from Weddington, other side of Lake Norman, Gaston County, Below York County , etc just to go to school....you have a little big wider range to draw from than a regular public HS in NC.
Yeah, we hand picked our 5'10" 180lb LB who won Def MVP in the State Title game. We hand picked him in Kindergarden cause that's when he started in the school system. He had 2 older brothers go through Catholic as well.
Being as close as I am to Catholic I'm sitting here getting a good laugh out of this one.

Shelby Lion..Tell me about the Hollifield kid. Is he as good as he looked in the title game?
He is the real deal.Recently named to max preps sophomore All American team. About 340 tackles in first two seasons. Younger brother on the way.

Yes - he was a much better player due to being much better coached.

I do not dispute the better coaching nor the number of available coaches but he was already a big time player before he ever left and had Clemson and UNC coaches speaking with him.

Big time schools recruit talent and potential. If he is already well coached it makes it better and a faster transition.

For the record, never said anyone was scared. Scheduling teams in SC is complicated. They are on a different schedule rotation than NC. Got lucky with Byrnes

Byrnes was available due to DeLaSalle doing a one off at home. I think Byrnes may have wanted a return trip but after the game in California it was not going to happen. DLS took the bigger paycheck, bigger name, bigger football state game. I would have loved for DLS to came to SC. Would have been a great event for high school football in SC regardless of the outcome.

So are you trying to say Southpoint would whip Mallard Creek upfront??

He is referencing South Point from Belmont and my post in response to his. SP was the perfect opponent for MC. Much like Catholic was. Strong team but their strengths play into MC's hands.

He is the real deal.Recently named to max preps sophomore All American team. About 340 tackles in first two seasons. Younger brother on the way.

Father is the hoops coach and was at Kannapolis at one time. Great guy. The son is aggressive, smart, and athletic.

Every player that I can think of on the Catholic team this past year either attended the Catholic elementary feeders or are Catholic students that moved from out of state and would have most likely attended a Parochial school previously.

A "D1" can be a bit misleading but anyone that thinks Catholic is loaded up with super skill athletes is not very perceptive. No players from south of York County. Few if any from the other side of Lake Norman due to the distance. Eastern Union County is where the great majority of the non Meck kids come from.

I always scratch my head at the quote about the "wider range to draw from" statements. Draw a 25 mile circle around Catholic and then list how many are Catholic and who have the ability to pay $10,000 a year.

He is referencing South Point from Belmont and my post in response to his. SP was the perfect opponent for MC. Much like Catholic was. Strong team but their strengths play into MC's hands.

Yeah, I knew which one he meant. Nothing against South Point as I am aware they are a excellent football program but if anyone thinks that the team that played against Rocky Mount on the Friday night of the title weekend would even survive let alone maul Mallard Creek they simply have zero understanding of football. Now... if that team I saw was playing with 2's and 3's due to injuries or other issues then maybe my opinion changes but that particular group wouldn't gain 100 yards on Mallard Creek.

Yes sir, great instincts , great use of hands in traffic to fight off blocks.... had 204 tackles this past season, always around the football.. Great motor.... Heard he is huge on watching film and studying other team tendencies and his play the first two years shows it...

Yes sir, great instincts , great use of hands in traffic to fight off blocks.... had 204 tackles this past season, always around the football.. Great motor.... Heard he is huge on watching film and studying other team tendencies and his play the first two years shows it...

I don't follow much Shelby football so really didn't know what I was looking for when I watched the title game. He is one of those kids you cant take your eyes off of. Making plays all over the field.

Every player that I can think of on the Catholic team this past year either attended the Catholic elementary feeders or are Catholic students that moved from out of state and would have most likely attended a Parochial school previously.

A "D1" can be a bit misleading but anyone that thinks Catholic is loaded up with super skill athletes is not very perceptive. No players from south of York County. Few if any from the other side of Lake Norman due to the distance. Eastern Union County is where the great majority of the non Meck kids come from.

I always scratch my head at the quote about the "wider range to draw from" statements. Draw a 25 mile circle around Catholic and then list how many are Catholic and who have the ability to pay $10,000 a year.
Who thinks they're loaded at skill positions? Fact is...most years they have 2 kids per year that can go play D1...and in many years have. You are right...it's misleading. ECU is still D1. Tulane is, etc.
lol @$10k per year. You know people know about the scholarships man...as I'm sure you do. If it's not a problem (the large range) then CC should start drawing only from around HWY 51 like a regular HS. If they're 2a so be it. If 1a, 4a - so be it. If you're gonna be in public school athletics, you should have to obey the same rules.

Last edited:
Yeah, I knew which one he meant. Nothing against South Point as I am aware they are a excellent football program but if anyone thinks that the team that played against Rocky Mount on the Friday night of the title weekend would even survive let alone maul Mallard Creek they simply have zero understanding of football. Now... if that team I saw was playing with 2's and 3's due to injuries or other issues then maybe my opinion changes but that particular group wouldn't gain 100 yards on Mallard Creek.

It's fine. You, like most people, watch the football during a football game. That is why you have no idea about survival along the OL/DL. MC would win passing the ball and on the edge. But, they would not win upfront on offense. That zone blocking yall do on Offense.....you don't do it better than Crest and you don't have better looking athletes doing it than Crest has upfront. Somebody from Boiling Springs tell me the last time Crest's line didn't avg. 6'3-6'4 280. So - I fully understand where MC is better than a SP. But, SP is used to seeing bigger opponents.

Who thinks they're loaded at skill positions? Fact is...most years they have 2 kids per year that can go play D1...and in many years have.
lol @$10k per year. You know people know about the scholarships man...as I'm sure you do. If it's not a problem (the large range) then CC should start drawing only from around HWY 51 like a regular HS. If they're 2a so be it. If 1a, 4a - so be it. If you're gonna be in public school athletics, you should have to obey the same rules.
You know I went to and graduated from Catholic and I'm pretty close with the program. You aren't. So let me educate you.
Athletes are not eligible for any "scholarships" infact regular students don't even really get them. To get tuition assistance you have to go through some third party in Ohio. I would know my family applied for it and we didn't get it. I wasn't an athlete though so I could get that. However, unless I'm missing something and I highly doubt I am I cannot find one scholarship Charlotte Catholic offers to athletes.
Funny, I brought an old friend to the 4A Title game he spewed the same recruiting bull crap that your dumbass is and he took one look at our starting OL/Offense and went "Oh my God, I take I back every word I ever said about recruiting these dudes are the size of a 2A team". That guy was a seasoned coach at several schools from the mountains and even coached out east in the Tidal regions.
You are just another uninformed idiot who cannot wrap your head around the fact that Catholic wins the right way, and with class. It's always been that way, and it always will. Go ahead bitch some more about "recruiting and scholarships" and we'll just continue to do what we do which is win, and win big.
Also I wouldn't challenge btango on anything. He's forgotten more about NC HSFB than you have ever learned.

It's fine. You, like most people, watch the football during a football game. That is why you have no idea about survival along the OL/DL. MC would win passing the ball and on the edge. But, they would not win upfront on offense. That zone blocking yall do on Offense.....you don't do it better than Crest and you don't have better looking athletes doing it than Crest has upfront. Somebody from Boiling Springs tell me the last time Crest's line didn't avg. 6'3-6'4 280. So - I fully understand where MC is better than a SP. But, SP is used to seeing bigger opponents.
South Point would be lucky to score more than 7 points on Mallard Creek. Coach Palmieri is a defensive genius. He is the ONLY coach to hold Elijah Hood under 100 yards. Held him to 93 in 2013. South Point would get wiped off the map. It'd be over in the 2Q.

Who thinks they're loaded at skill positions? Fact is...most years they have 2 kids per year that can go play D1...and in many years have. You are right...it's misleading. ECU is still D1. Tulane is, etc.

Tell me about the scholarships. How do they work?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT