ADVERTISEMENT

Crest fans, Mallard Creek needs 2 games

If Mallard Creek is such a national brand then why have they not until recently ventured even into South Carolina. If all it takes is to play two games outside of your immediate area then national football ranking means nothing.

I look at what it takes for basketball and wrestling to get national recognition. It takes ten years and a dozen of out of the state opponents per year to get to that point.

What school that opened in 2007 is already venturing out playing National programs out of State? I will answer that for you. Zero! Indy with all of it's State Championships. Played 1 out of State program. (Elder,Cincinnati Ohio). They have been trying to schedule games long before the Brynes Game. No takers! IMG did reach out but not enough financial assistance to get the team to Florida. Don Bosco, NJ scheduling conflict, Reached out to Gaffney when they were good. They flat out said No! It takes a lot more than a phone call and they make calls to everyone from Miami Central to Booker T Washington. How many Teams in NC put out in the Media that they are looking for games? Only the ones who are not afraid of competition.

If Mallard Creek is such a national brand then why have they not until recently ventured even into South Carolina. If all it takes is to play two games outside of your immediate area then national football ranking means nothing.

I look at what it takes for basketball and wrestling to get national recognition. It takes ten years and a dozen of out of the state opponents per year to get to that point.

I am pretty sure they have put feelers out for games in SC for awhile. That is how they ended up playing at Chester and Dillon in recent years when they could not get another game. Those were both very good teams with Chester having played in the previous title game and Dillon being the force in 2A football there. They will have to be more strategic in the scheduling in the future trying to set up two year deals during the contract period. Remember SC is on a different contract period than NC. Byrnes had an opening because of the one off with DeLaSalle. MC added McDonough from Baltimore area to complete their schedule last season.

Basketball is a totally different setup than football with the boarding school teams (ie Oak Hill) and urban privates (DeMatha and the NY/NJ privates) that gather up talent. Depending on the talent and wins a team can gain it does not need ten years to register but the longer a team is strong and nationally recognized the more they are seen as a national power program.

I watched MC in Raleigh and was impressed with the size of their lines.As for their skill people they were not as good as Shelbys.

Thadius Moss TE( 4 Star,Over 30 offers, All State) Ryan Jones: WR/DB(Jr with ACC & SEC 4 star) James Smith QB the most decorated and accomplished since Chris Leake(most likely Navy), Thomas Gordon WR(Furman commit), Devin Mines S(Gardner Webb commit) Corey Sutton:WR (Kansas State commit) Josh Brown(Florida State commit)

What players? & what teams are recruiting your better skill guys? lmao!
You do realize that you can't just say stuff to see if it sticks? There are numerous sports media outlets that can support your claim. I'm searching and i can't find what you're seeing. Help me out please!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chopper747
What school that opened in 2007 is already venturing out playing National programs out of State? I will answer that for you. Zero! Indy with all of it's State Championships. Played 1 out of State program. (Elder,Cincinnati Ohio). They have been trying to schedule games long before the Brynes Game. No takers! IMG did reach out but not enough financial assistance to get the team to Florida. Don Bosco, NJ scheduling conflict, Reached out to Gaffney when they were good. They flat out said No! It takes a lot more than a phone call and they make calls to everyone from Miami Central to Booker T Washington. How many Teams in NC put out in the Media that they are looking for games? Only the ones who are not afraid of competition.

This is incorrect. Indy played Spartanburg and a school from Tennessee during their run.

DeBoer31

Beat Dorman & Northwestern a few years and you become a National Power? What kind of logic is behind that. 2013 Dorman was 7-5. 2014 Northwestern was 9-5. Beating those teams are no different than beating Butler and Charlotte Catholic.

There are discrepancies in your analogy. .
1.They have been good the last 6-7 years? 9 years of football, only 1 season have they lost more than 2 games on the field. Do the math.
2. It takes sustained excellence for at least 10 years? School has not been open for 10 years. :)
3. There are hundreds of MCs all over the SouthEast? Give me 5 teams across the Southeast that have accomplished what MC has with only 9 years in existence?
You are the one putting rules around small amount of time (9 years). Most national programs/powers are exactly the opposite....they've done it at a high level and have multiple championships over 20-40 years.
I don't care about the media and where they rank Byrnes, MC or anyone else. Go play each other. I just mentioned Dorman b/c they're one of those hundred or so programs across the SE that if you think are so easy to beat....put them on the schedule.

exactly.
If you want to be considered a national brand....keep going to play Byrnes and add at LEAST one other out of state national type program. Char- Meck football is one where transfers and program hopping/moving into areas with certain programs is known very well. Doesn't mean that those sought after teams suck...but it does mean that their immediate compeitition probably does when considering whether or not they're local opponents are extremely tough to play or not.

Thadius Moss TE( 4 Star,Over 30 offers, All State) Ryan Jones: WR/DB(Jr with ACC & SEC 4 star) James Smith QB the most decorated and accomplished since Chris Leake(most likely Navy), Thomas Gordon WR(Furman commit), Devin Mines S(Gardner Webb commit) Corey Sutton:WR (Kansas State commit) Josh Brown(Florida State commit)

What players? & what teams are recruiting your better skill guys? lmao!
You do realize that you can't just say stuff to see if it sticks? There are numerous sports media outlets that can support your claim. I'm searching and i can't find what you're seeing. Help me out please!
I don't think he said they sucked....just that Shelby's are better. BTW- right now- out of that group you have one big time commit shown, and I'm sure Moss will be coming soon to another big program. There are lots of schools with 2 kids committed to 2 top 40 national universities. The national brands have 4-5 every year.

Yall do know the SouthEast means from TX, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL, SC right? Yall ever seen any ball played down in those parts? If you think MC is a beast....you should go to any of those states and see. Maybe I was wrong when I said hundreds....I was probably low on that off the cuff estimate.

This is incorrect. Indy played Spartanburg and a school from Tennessee during their run.

Beat a Team(Austin East,TN) 77-13 in 2001, Played Spartanburg 2002 won 33-7. Did not play another out of state game again until 2007. These games are not just a phone call away is my point.

I understand the difficulty of understanding when your program only schedules inferior programs.

Quick correction. Not " tried" to compete nationally. " Are" competing nationally

Any statement that says that Mallard Creek isn't competing nationally or hasn't formed a national brand is factually incorrect.
...And I say you are factually incorrect.
Go play any top 15 team in Georgia. Go play any top 15-20 team in FL. Any top top 10 team in AL, SC or LA. Take on any top 20 team in TX. Not to mention any Don Boscos, etc.
Bishop Gorman will put you on the list and pay your way probably. If not- they'll come to you. Put it on in Memorial Stadium. I have to do yall's marketing job for yall now? They will come - trust me; they play more schools outside of their state than inside.

Rob please reread my post. "They" (Byrnes) got "there" (national program) by winning state titles (both DI and DII 4A) and "leaving" (hosting or traveling) SC to play (out of state competition).

Northwestern and Dorman are "national programs"? If so, Butler ("were") and Mallard Creek ("are") qualify as "national programs".
If you saw SPointe -NW on ESPN or were there in person....you would realize that the level of football on that field was about as good as you can get. Future NFL and College players all over the place. Great coaching. Xs and Os were top notch.

They play Byrnes, Greenwood, SPe, Gaffney, Dorman, Rock hill, Spartanburg programs over the last 30-35 years to make their name. Anybody on here thinks that MC is already there....can put Byrnes, NW and SPe on the schedule in the same year and find out.

I don't think he said they sucked....just that Shelby's are better. BTW- right now- out of that group you have one big time commit shown, and I'm sure Moss will be coming soon to another big program. There are lots of schools with 2 kids committed to 2 top 40 national universities. The national brands have 4-5 every year.

Yall do know the SouthEast means from TX, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL, SC right? Yall ever seen any ball played down in those parts? If you think MC is a beast....you should go to any of those states and see. Maybe I was wrong when I said hundreds....I was probably low on that off the cuff estimate.

I just actually just listed the skill guys. Mallard Creek sends about 12 to 15 a year on scholly. Half of those guys are usually FBS or FCS. Deboer31 you are not up on your game. The top programs are now sending 8 & 15 FBS guys. Some have over 20. You were absolutely wrong. There are not 100's of schools that opened since 2007 that is doing what MC is doing. NAME ME 5?

Beat a Team(Austin East,TN) 77-13 in 2001, Played Spartanburg 2002 won 33-7. Did not play another out of state game again until 2007. These games are not just a phone call away is my point.

I understand the difficulty of understanding when your program only schedules inferior programs.

You original post said Indy played one out of state team during their run. That was incorrect. That you are getting basic facts wrong to make some flimsy argument is not my problem. So next time focus on basics instead of "understanding the difficultly of understanding." Retard.

If you saw SPointe -NW on ESPN or were there in person....you would realize that the level of football on that field was about as good as you can get. Future NFL and College players all over the place. Great coaching. Xs and Os were top notch.

They play Byrnes, Greenwood, SPe, Gaffney, Dorman, Rock hill, Spartanburg programs over the last 30-35 years to make their name. Anybody on here thinks that MC is already there....can put Byrnes, NW and SPe on the schedule in the same year and find out.

Was that the same Northwestern that lost to Charlotte Catholic & the Spointe that scrimmaged Butler and could not make it pass the 50yd line? Butler beat them like a JV team.. Or are you just picking the competitive Espn game?

I just actually just listed the skill guys. Mallard Creek sends about 12 to 15 a year on scholly. Half of those guys are usually FBS or FCS. Deboer31 you are not up on your game. The top programs are now sending 8 & 15 FBS guys. Some have over 20. You were absolutely wrong. There are not 100's of schools that opened since 2007 that is doing what MC is doing. NAME ME 5?

You keep making up these ridiculous rules -like name me 5 other HSs since 07 that have done XYZ. Nobody cares pal. How bout that?
Read closely- I say D1 kids. Not talking about Gardner Webb. H#ll half the 22 O &D starters off Byrnes and NW type schools in SC/GA can and often do go D2.

You original post said Indy played one out of state team during their run. That was incorrect. That you are getting basic facts wrong to make some flimsy argument is not my problem. So next time focus on basics instead of "understanding the difficultly of understanding." Retard.

I was wrong! That's still not going to assist you in the understanding what equates to competition. Tell those 5-8" 170 OL teams that you guy play I said hello. Get back with me when you guys schedule a football team with a pulse?

I am pretty sure they have put feelers out for games in SC for awhile. That is how they ended up playing at Chester and Dillon in recent years when they could not get another game. Those were both very good teams with Chester having played in the previous title game and Dillon being the force in 2A football there. They will have to be more strategic in the scheduling in the future trying to set up two year deals during the contract period. Remember SC is on a different contract period than NC. Byrnes had an opening because of the one off with DeLaSalle. MC added McDonough from Baltimore area to complete their schedule last season.
Like you say - Dillon and Chester are 2a . Very fine programs.....but 2a. And didn't they have a little bit of trouble with Dillon? If so....stay up here and out of down there.

I was wrong! That's still not going to assist you in the understanding what equates to competition. Tell those 5-8" 170 OL teams that you guy play I said hello. Get back with me when you guys schedule a football team with a pulse?

Ask Jonathan Bullard about playing those 6' 220 lb. OL Nepsy. You think he's good? He probably won't have anything but respect to utter. Still....I think I recall Indy during their great run...last time they came across the Catawba River and lost (or almost lost?) was to Crest. They never came back. We know what Charlotte and surrounding counties have. Yall don't know what's outside of Mecklenburg County and Fayetteville area basically. You play a team like SP, little old SP, and you may win but you may lose the next game b/c your OL/DL got beat up in front of your eyes and they don't have everything for the game after.

I simply corrected your erroneous post. Want to have a discussion then try and get basic facts right. After that I can explain the difference between a question mark and exclamation point. Then you can go back to telling us about great football post 2007.

exactly.
If you want to be considered a national brand....keep going to play Byrnes and add at LEAST one other out of state national type program. Char- Meck football is one where transfers and program hopping/moving into areas with certain programs is known very well. Doesn't mean that those sought after teams suck...but it does mean that their immediate compeitition probably does when considering whether or not they're local opponents are extremely tough to play or not.

I don't follow.. Are you saying other programs don't have transfers?? That is also inaccurate. Been to South Florida? How about Don Bosco Prep,,, Think they get a few?

I don't follow.. Are you saying other programs don't have transfers?? That is also inaccurate. Been to South Florida? How about Don Bosco Prep,,, Think they get a few?

What I am saying is that while HSs like Waddell, West Meck, Olympic, Hopewell, Garinger, Harding types all over Charlotte in the last 20 years have been reduced to having no chance on the gridiron b/c of the transfers and what goes on.
example: If MC were to take 2 of West mecks and 2 of Hopewells better players...sure MC is much better. But, if and when you beat them, how good a team are you really beating? Meck. county football has become a world of haves and have nots with the advent of the privates becoming good at football the last decade (and recruiting) as well as what goes on with moving/transferring/staying with whomever in order to play football at certain "football" schools.
Yes, it happens elsewhere. But, this original topic was in discussion about WHO they played and the legitimacy of that competition. So, still.....i repeat: they need to go somewhere and find some actual national teams if they wanna be considered that.

You keep making up these ridiculous rules -like name me 5 other HSs since 07 that have done XYZ. Nobody cares pal. How bout that?
Read closely- I say D1 kids. Not talking about Gardner Webb. H#ll half the 22 O &D starters off Byrnes and NW type schools in SC/GA can and often do go D2.

Marquez North: Tenn/US.Army All American
Jelae Ducan: Duke
DJ Humphries: Florida/Phoenix Cardnials
Marquise Williams: UNC
Brian Walker:UNC
Jamel Harbison: Minnesota
Jalen Samuels: NC.State
Vernon Grier: NC.State
Amari Henderson: Wake Forest
Josh Brown: US.Army All American/Florida State
Corey Sutton: Kansas State

That's a few of those guys. I have no rules. You are not familiar with the process and you're babbling. Play this team, and did you see NW on ESPN? Stop making stuff up PAL! Never said anything about XYZ? You said their are 100's of MC through out the SE. I was very specific. I said give me 5? Of course you care. That's why your responded

Last edited:
...And I say you are factually incorrect.
Go play any top 15 team in Georgia. Go play any top 15-20 team in FL. Any top top 10 team in AL, SC or LA. Take on any top 20 team in TX. Not to mention any Don Boscos, etc.
Bishop Gorman will put you on the list and pay your way probably. If not- they'll come to you. Put it on in Memorial Stadium. I have to do yall's marketing job for yall now? They will come - trust me; they play more schools outside of their state than inside.

Again...your wrong and its clear you have little understanding of the process. Colquitt County deal fell through because of $$ . Couldn't do the IMG deal because they would only cover 7o% of the flight arrangements. Sorry, Gorman isn't coming here... Not big enough yet. Just getting the Byrnes deal done wasn't easy. Sorry but money matters in a public school

Again...its not me saying they are a national program. Its the media, coaches and AD's. There is no marketing problem. There isn't a school of note in the southeast that isn't aware of our openings. Got the Byrnes deal done and played Mcdonogh out of Maryland.last year who were nationally ranked at the time they played. That's two nationally ranked schools last year.

What I am saying is that while HSs like Waddell, West Meck, Olympic, Hopewell, Garinger, Harding types all over Charlotte in the last 20 years have been reduced to having no chance on the gridiron b/c of the transfers and what goes on.
example: If MC were to take 2 of West mecks and 2 of Hopewells better players...sure MC is much better. But, if and when you beat them, how good a team are you really beating? Meck. county football has become a world of haves and have nots with the advent of the privates becoming good at football the last decade (and recruiting) as well as what goes on with moving/transferring/staying with whomever in order to play football at certain "football" schools.
Yes, it happens elsewhere. But, this original topic was in discussion about WHO they played and the legitimacy of that competition. So, still.....i repeat: they need to go somewhere and find some actual national teams if they wanna be considered that.

Again... the competition they have played over the past 3 years has ranked them nationally in just about every poll. They were pre-season top 10 in every national poll this year. You can say the quality isn't good and your welcome to your opinion but Max Preps, USA today, Dallas Jackson, Jeff Fisher all disagree with you.

DEboer31 The more you type the more i understand, you're not familiar with the process. Scheduling these games are not like going to the grocery store and picking up a gallon of milk. Please no more advice in regards to scheduling.

So Northwestern is high quality football but Byrnes isn't???

LOL... Byrnes beat them in week one last year

Again...your wrong and its clear you have little understanding of the process. Colquitt County deal fell through because of $$ . Couldn't do the IMG deal because they would only cover 7o% of the flight arrangements. Sorry, Gorman isn't coming here... Not big enough yet. Just getting the Byrnes deal done wasn't easy. Sorry but money matters in a public school

Again...its not me saying they are a national program. Its the media, coaches and AD's. There is no marketing problem. There isn't a school of note in the southeast that isn't aware of our openings. Got the Byrnes deal done and played Mcdonogh out of Maryland.last year who were nationally ranked at the time they played. That's two nationally ranked schools last year.

Aside from D Bosco, yall might as well stay out of any HS in the NE b/c it ain't the same as what you will find south of here, and including some programs in NC.

Like you say - Dillon and Chester are 2a . Very fine programs.....but 2a. And didn't they have a little bit of trouble with Dillon? If so....stay up here and out of down there.

Play tough competition in tough places especially early in the season and you can struggle at times. Dillon was the ultimate nothing to gain everything to lose situation . Blow them out and its what you are supposed to do. Win in a tight game your overrated and lose and your a joke.

Guess what?? Still strapped up, week one and drove 2 1/2 hours to play in front of 10K screaming fans and won. Meanwhile back at the ranch MC cant get anyone in the state of NC to play them in week 1 or 4 this year and had to go out of state for 2 of 4 open spots last year.

You will either play anywhere against anyone or you wont... Its really that simple.

DEboer31 The more you type the more i understand, you're not familiar with the process. Scheduling these games are not like going to the grocery store and picking up a gallon of milk. Please no more advice in regards to scheduling.
Please no more football advice from you. You wanna play with the big boys? Schedule them. How did the Byrnes game go for you this year? They still have a team. Set it up again.

Aside from D Bosco, yall might as well stay out of any HS in the NE b/c it ain't the same as what you will find south of here, and including some programs in NC.

Plenty of good programs in the NE just like there are plenty down here. Logistically its just much easier to play in NC and SC then it is to travel that far. It cost $$ and MC doesn't have a ton of it right now . Situation is getting better. We were able to get 30 kids to Birmingham and back in the summer. Not a easy task...

Again... If it can be done financially anbody, anywhere

Again... the competition they have played over the past 3 years has ranked them nationally in just about every poll. They were pre-season top 10 in every national poll this year. You can say the quality isn't good and your welcome to your opinion but Max Preps, USA today, Dallas Jackson, Jeff Fisher all disagree with you.
You keep talking about the media. I'll listen to the media and what they know about football when 120 lb. geeks who played tennis in HS who are writing about football know what the h#ll they are talking about....b/c that is who is "ranking" them. Pointless. Only thing that means anything is the games themselves. You wanna be a national player....go schedule some national powers. Until then...it's just all wishful thinking.

Please no more football advice from you. You wanna play with the big boys? Schedule them. How did the Byrnes game go for you this year? They still have a team. Set it up again.

Goes to show you how little you actually know. Byrnes comes to Mallard Creek week 3 this year.

Play tough competition in tough places especially early in the season and you can struggle at times. Dillon was the ultimate nothing to gain everything to lose situation . Blow them out and its what you are supposed to do. Win in a tight game your overrated and lose and your a joke.

Guess what?? Still strapped up, week one and drove 2 1/2 hours to play in front of 10K screaming fans and won. Meanwhile back at the ranch MC cant get anyone in the state of NC to play them in week 1 or 4 this year and had to go out of state for 2 of 4 open spots last year.

You will either play anywhere against anyone or you wont... Its really that simple.

LMAO this post is awesome. So, your excuse is....you drove 2.5 hours, and there were 10k fans (at a 2a game in SC by the way...just FYI- the games are bigger against 4a teams....but I guess yall found that out against Byrnes this year) and you had nothing to gain?
What was the score to that game- I don't recall.

You keep talking about the media. I'll listen to the media and what they know about football when 120 lb. geeks who played tennis in HS who are writing about football know what the h#ll they are talking about....b/c that is who is "ranking" them. Pointless. Only thing that means anything is the games themselves. You wanna be a national player....go schedule some national powers. Until then...it's just all wishful thinking.

Your the same guy who just said RH Northwestern is quality football but Byrnes isn't... LOL

Byrnes beat them... Your right.. We should stick with your opinion

LMAO this post is awesome. So, your excuse is....you drove 2.5 hours, and there were 10k fans (at a 2a game in SC by the way...just FYI- the games are bigger against 4a teams....but I guess yall found that out against Byrnes this year) and you had nothing to gain?
What was the score to that game- I don't recall.

Again...wrong. LOL I was at both games. WAY more people at Dillon, way more

Plenty of good programs in the NE just like there are plenty down here. Logistically its just much easier to play in NC and SC then it is to travel that far. It cost $$ and MC doesn't have a ton of it right now . Situation is getting better. We were able to get 30 kids to Birmingham and back in the summer. Not a easy task...

Again... If it can be done financially anbody, anywhere
There are good programs up there. Compared to the level, quality and ability to what is found from TX to FL up to SC.....nothing comparable on that scale. Again....hundreds of programs that you can schedule that are nationally known for football in the SE. Call Colquitt County or whoever. Just one name out of over 100 schools that take football seriously and will play your team. If that's too far....Spartanburg and York counties aren't far away at all like I've continually said. You act like you have to fly to NJ for good football. You can drive 30-60 minutes to get whooped...you don't have to fly anywhere.

Your the same guy who just said RH Northwestern is quality football but Byrnes isn't... LOL

Byrnes beat them... Your right.. We should stick with your opinion
WHAT in the h#ll are you talking about? Do you just make stuff up? I keep telling you to keep scheduling a nationally legit program LIKE BYRNES... you idiot. Re-read the last 20 posts.

Again...wrong. LOL I was at both games. WAY more people at Dillon, way more

LMAO....well I was referring to the game itself. If you are talking about attendance....Byrnes holds all of 10k at least. So, if yall didn't bring anybody down there.....I guess it was at 8k with 7800 from Byrnes?

Next time you get on a thread and start babbling about the game. Try doing a little research 1st, or at least have the balls to admit you don't know what the Hell your talking about. :)

Goes to show you how little you actually know. Byrnes comes to Mallard Creek week 3 this year.
Yeah...great. Now...schedule 2 more nationally relevant teams to go along with regular conf. foes if you think you are nationally relevant. To BE nationally relevant you must BEAT a FEW nationally relevant teams in the same season. So, schedule a couple more Byrnes type programs from right in the state of SC.

SPe beat Vance last year. Yall beat Vance by 1? I know they're 3a...and yall might want to stick to SC 2as and all....but they might take the call.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT