ADVERTISEMENT

Crest fans, Mallard Creek needs 2 games

All this talent and you score three tds and beat Vance by 1.Vance lost 6 games on the year.Not very impressive.

I got to watch the rebroadcast of the Creek and Page game and came away highly impressed

Within the first couple of offensive plays smith threw and five and out to Moss and watching the other receivers blocking downfield was something they were very good at . Those kids play unselfishly and block for one another great ... Smith is very poised and a great athlete , reminds me of his dad when he played Rb at Shelby except junior is much faster ha ha ... Huge but very athletic lines on both sides of the ball . Defense was impressive as well . Saw page hit a little crossing pattern that looked like they would gain a lot of yards and it was like a swarm of bees! All over the recover within seconds...very quick to the ball ..Moss is an unreal athletic freak! Huge fast and looks college ready ... He's going to be a nightmare for college defenses

They've put together something extremely impressive within a few short years ...

All this talent and you score three tds and beat Vance by 1.Vance lost 6 games on the year.Not very impressive.

Vance was a tale of two teams. Before the season I picked Vance to finish second in the conference and expected them to win the small 4A if they were slotted their again.

Lost by seven to the SC 3A champion. Lost by one in OT to MC and Hough. Lost by six in OT to Catholic in the first round of the playoffs.

Coaching turmoil left people shaking their heads. Loaded with athletes but lacked depth in numbers especially on the lines. One of their top two rising seniors, Miles Corpening, played in the Shrine Bowl for SC after moving to Rock Hill Northwestern.

Injuries caused further issues and in a few close losses key personnel were out. A healthy Vance was one of the top teams in the state in any classification both in 2014 and 2015.

Talent doesn't always win games especially rivalry games. I think MC should have won both the Hough and Byrnes games. If you ask Palmieri I am sure he would say the same thing. One thing about playing a very tough schedule is the kids need to be focused every week. Not sure that happened with this squad.

That said I would much rather play a tough schedule and take a loss in regular season than play a cupcake and get beat in the playoffs because your squad wasn't ready. In the end its the ring that matters.

If Shelby had the best skill players in the state then why did they lose to Crest? If they had better skill players than MC, and many think MC would've beaten Crest then why didn't the Golden Lions?

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
Vance was a tale of two teams. Before the season I picked Vance to finish second in the conference and expected them to win the small 4A if they were slotted their again.

Lost by seven to the SC 3A champion. Lost by one in OT to MC and Hough. Lost by six in OT to Catholic in the first round of the playoffs.

Coaching turmoil left people shaking their heads. Loaded with athletes but lacked depth in numbers especially on the lines. One of their top two rising seniors, Miles Corpening, played in the Shrine Bowl for SC after moving to Rock Hill Northwestern.

Injuries caused further issues and in a few close losses key personnel were out. A healthy Vance was one of the top teams in the state in any classification both in 2014 and 2015.
This could be true about Vance. Tall kids on both lines with good foot movement. Separation between MC and Catholic most likely coaching game plans. Although I have only seen them once on game film and last year at Catholic one would think they could have many solid years.

Last edited:
Vance at the beginning of the season was just loaded. By far the best 6-6 team in the State. Many picked them to win the 4A Championship. Coaching was just horrendous. When your players are breaking up fights between the coaching staffing during games. That's not normal. Vance & Mallard Creek big rival game less than 7 miles apart. Scores are usually irrelevant when playing your rival.

Vance at the beginning of the season was just loaded. By far the best 6-6 team in the State. Many picked them to win the 4A Championship. Coaching was just horrendous. When your players are breaking up fights between the coaching staffing during games. That's not normal. Vance & Mallard Creek big rival game less than 7 miles apart. Scores are usually irrelevant when playing your rival.
Coaches who can't get on the same page? Sounds like the admin needs to be on the sidelines at all the games. I cannot even imagine Vance athletes would have a 6-6 record. Too much talent.

IMG has 19, 2016 players that have committed to Major FBS Schools. 2017 Class has 13 players that have elite FBS Offers. When people make an argument that because of your talent you are guaranteed to just beat everybody. That's not how it works. IMG is like college all star team and they're not aloud to play in Florida State Championship game. 32 elite FBS players on one roster and they lost. All that talent and they could only put up 7 points in their defeat. It happens more than you could imagine. When you are loaded you get everyone's best game. Also it's very challenging to get a group of Elite players up for every game.

IMG has 19, 2016 players that have committed to Major FBS Schools. 2017 Class has 13 players that have elite FBS Offers. When people make an argument that because of your talent you are guaranteed to just beat everybody. That's not how it works. IMG is like college all star team and they're not aloud to play in Florida State Championship game. 32 elite FBS players on one roster and they lost. All that talent and they could only put up 7 points in their defeat. It happens more than you could imagine. When you are loaded you get everyone's best game. Also it's very challenging to get a group of Elite players up for every game.
They're not allowed to play because they literally have a NATIONAL recruiting program. Many schools in FL both private and public recruit, but not natioanlly like IMG does.
Man it'd be nice for CC to have a national recruiting program LOL

IMG is not a religiously affiliated school and it also has a dorm style campus where students can live. Think Oak Hill for football. IMG is an elite sports facility that was started by the sports managment representation firm when they bought the Nick Bollettieri tennis academy. The first athletes were young tennis players such as Jennifer Capriati and Anna Kornikova. They eventually branched off into other sports and expanded the facility and educational component. Pro athletes use the facilities working with the training staff. A lot of footballers and baseball players come there during the offseason. The campus is over 400 acres.

Bringing in a group of footballer starts junior and senior year is probably not a great key to success in football but it may work better in basketball or baseball. An athlete can get great position and strength and conditioning coaching along with an education setup that can be for advanced college prep or to get the student to qualify.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
That is funny, CC has students from hell and half of GA, but yet do not recruit. Give me a break. All private schools should have to play up one classification at least. I guess from Davidson to SC border should be good enough.
They're not allowed to play because they literally have a NATIONAL recruiting program. Many schools in FL both private and public recruit, but not natioanlly like IMG does.
Man it'd be nice for CC to have a national recruiting program LOL
C

That is funny, CC has students from hell and half of GA, but yet do not recruit. Give me a break. All private schools should have to play up one classification at least. I guess from Davidson to SC border should be good enough.

C
We play in 4A....and GA?? Bro if we have kids from GA please help point them out LOL
Actually not really any kids from North of center city Charlotte cause of the new Catholic HS in Huntersville. Nice try though you uninformed ewok.

ewok.png

Reactions: CatholicCougs14

C

Do you have any proof whatsoever to back up your allegations? If so, please present.

C

Which one of the 5-10 170 lb recievers did they recruit in Georgia?

MC is more of a grind it out team but has the ability to throw the ball and break big runs.

Shelby was a big play team.

I think in both cases the opposition has a lot to do with how the teams operate their offense and how they are perceived.

We play in 4A....and GA?? Bro if we have kids from GA please help point them out LOL
Actually not really any kids from North of center city Charlotte cause of the new Catholic HS in Huntersville. Nice try though you uninformed ewok.
14 I hope you realize that from hell and half of Georgia is a southern saying, which means a large area. I am fully aware that CC is 4A, but going to 3A in 17.

14 I hope you realize that from hell and half of Georgia is a southern saying, which means a large area. I am fully aware that CC is 4A, but going to 3A in 17.
Proud South Floridian by birth here so not into all these Southern sayings even though Ive been in Charlotte since 08.
CC honestly doesn't "draw" from a large area, especially with the new Catholic HS in Huntersville. All the kids from the Catholic K-8 school up there St Marks(where I went) mostly go to Christ the King now or public schools.

Another one would be,

"I have been looking for proof of these Catholic recruiting allegations over hell and half of Georgia"

These idiots like to post those allegations but they are never able to come up with a single kid that has been recruited to play ball at Catholic.

Congrats to all 3a posters for bringing the arrogant 4a team posters onto our boards! Don't get me wrong, I love arrogance. It's just nice to see the insecurity.

Another one would be,

"I have been looking for proof of these Catholic recruiting allegations over hell and half of Georgia"

These idiots like to post those allegations but they are never able to come up with a single kid that has been recruited to play ball at Catholic.

It is absolutely true that Catholic doesn't recruit. B&G is correct. Catholic is not elite they are deep and commited to excellence. All you experts would laugh at the talent, but frown at the team commitment.

Reactions: Ladge

I've lived in North Carolina my entire life and have never heard of this saying. I'm very middle-aged too.

Still, if you have some evidence that Charlotte Catholic recruits, then by all means, share your evidence. Right now it looks like you are throwing spaghetti on the wall to see if any of your allegations stick.

MC is more of a grind it out team but has the ability to throw the ball and break big runs.

Shelby was a big play team.

I think in both cases the opposition has a lot to do with how the teams operate their offense and how they are perceived.

So how do you think a game between these two teams would have played out?

So how do you think a game between these two teams would have played out?

COME ON MAN! 49-6 with a running clock the entire 2nd half against Greensboro Page who handled Richmond, 2 undefeated teams Wake Forest, and Middle Creek. Shut down a FBS 2000 yd. State record negative 29yds rushing. Shut down a 4 star Clemson commit wr. Numerous FBS players. You ask how do you think a game between these two would have played out?

How about 1st degree MURDER! It's insulting for you to even ask. Question? What does Shelby have on their offense that is better than what Greensboro Page had?

Last edited:
Congrats to all 3a posters for bringing the arrogant 4a team posters onto our boards! Don't get me wrong, I love arrogance. It's just nice to see the insecurity.
That's all it is too, insecurity.They can stand it. MC is good. Can't say great because great wins all it's games on the High School level. Should've beat Byrnes, didn't......... EF should have beaten MC, didn't..

They have twice as many students and want to come here and feel better about themselves. The whole lot of them are clowns. Especially that limp wrist, HOKIE......... Little girl.....

32-0.... Stacked'em and Racked'em..............

How many did they lose? Byrnes SUCKED!. CREST WOULD HAVE MAULED THEM! My Catholic friend said MC lost those two games because they weren't focused. Unfocused and Crest = ASS WHIPPED!

ASS..........................WHIPPED!

Get back to the 4A board...... You clowns cried like little biatches over 98 Champion clowning on you. Went straight to crying "DEANA" HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't be long until the balance of power shifts again in Charlotte like it always does, and someone else will be on top and you turds will migrate over to that squad like you always do. Crest will still be here!

Not a loyal one in the whole bunch........... Carry on Nancy!

COME ON MAN! 49-6 with a running clock the entire 2nd half against Greensboro Page who handled Richmond, 2 undefeated teams Wake Forest, and Middle Creek. Shut down a FBS 2000 yd. State record negative 29yds rushing. Shut down a 4 star Clemson commit wr. Numerous FBS players. You ask how do you think a game between these two would have played out?

How about 1st degree MURDER! It's insulting for you to even ask. Question? What does Shelby have on their offense that is better than what Greensboro Page had?
Nepsy, you were the first clown to cry to Deana before I forget it. 98 Champion was pissing on you.

You're doing Mallard Creek just like you do your girlfriend. You're blowing them up.

You would have us to believe that MC couldn't be beaten and they lost 2...........

You've already lost any argument you have. We can eat you up down here. You can't go whining about it, well you can, but you'd look stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT