ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Wallace ECC Conference Championship game.

I think the moniker on the scoreboard for Robinson-Lewis field.needs to be enlarged. You can barely read it from the stands and you cant see it from anywhere else. Its nice but much to small.

500K for the track to be resurfaced? They need to get another bid on thats. Its not like there building a new track (moving dirt, etc. It just needs resurfacing, I think, maybe I'm wrong but 500K sounds awful high$$$

Thanks goob. I’ve been to a lot of stadiums. Some nicer than others. Hard to beat these few:

Northeastern (Press Box) That sucker is huge.
Dog Pound WRH (Atmosphere)
SWO (Atmosphere)
James Kenan (Proximity to field)
Central Cabarrus (Nicest field *Turf)
East Duplin (Nicest field Grass)

Dark Horse Stadium (Home)

I‘ll come back and add more as I think of them. But for now, these stand out in my memory. BTW, not saying anything negative about anyone’s stadium, just positive vibes about the good ones I’ve been too.
I think one that was left off that I have always liked is Legion Stadium (Wilmington)

Reactions: UNC91
500K for the track to be resurfaced? They need to get another bid on thats. Its not like there building a new track (moving dirt, etc. It just needs resurfacing, I think, maybe I'm wrong but 500K sounds awful high$$$
It was likely an estimated #. Either way still expensive to do that. We got tennis courts that need replacing too, that’s like 250k. Things ain’t cheap.

Reactions: daagoob
Hey Wiz 500K is not a ridiculous amount. 5-10 years ago Nicholas Sparks paid to have New Berns track resurfaced. The price I heard was 750K. Here is an article about the different surfaces and cost of them. Going cheaper don't sound like the smart option reading this. https://www.athleticbusiness.com/st...nd-considerations-for-your-outdoor-track.html

I was off he donated nearly 900k according to wiki. "Sparks donated nearly $900,000[12] for a new, all-weather tartan track to New Bern High School along with his time to help coach the New Bern High School track team and a local club track team as a volunteer head coach"

Hey Wiz 500K is not a ridiculous amount. 5-10 years ago Nicholas Sparks paid to have New Berns track resurfaced. The price I heard was 750K. Here is an article about the different surfaces and cost of them. Going cheaper don't sound like the smart option reading this. https://www.athleticbusiness.com/st...nd-considerations-for-your-outdoor-track.html

I was off he donated nearly 900k according to wiki. "Sparks donated nearly $900,000[12] for a new, all-weather tartan track to New Bern High School along with his time to help coach the New Bern High School track team and a local club track team as a volunteer head coach"
It was in 2005 and he donated 900,000 to help the kids and his son.

Last edited:
It was in 2005 and he donated 900,000 to help the kids and his son.
we have some very generous individuals in our community.; Clinton is one of the last of a city school system in the state with a size districts ice basically the city limits.A special city school tax in addition to the county taxes city citizens pay. As I said we have some generous contributors and a very active fund raising booster club but we dont have a Nicholas Sparks in our community. How has that track held up since 2005?

we have some very generous individuals in our community.; Clinton is one of the last of a city school system in the state with a size districts ice basically the city limits.A special city school tax in addition to the county taxes city citizens pay. As I said we have some generous contributors and a very active fund raising booster club but we dont have a Nicholas Sparks in our community. How has that track held up since 2005?

I'm not a track expert but I drove by there the other day and it looks pretty damn good. Which I better hope it would for almost a mill!

I'll have to ask someone tomorrow.

Our track was built in the early 90s (either my sophomore or junior year). It’s asphalt, and I’m not sure if it has ever been resurfaced. It has huge cracks wit grass growing through and definitely hasn’t been repainted in a very long time. I think it’s beyond resurfacing. Reading the article, it seems more cost-effective to lay a new track, perhaps rubberized. Like a turf field, it eventually pays for itself.

Our track was built in the early 90s (either my sophomore or junior year). It’s asphalt, and I’m not sure if it has ever been resurfaced. It has huge cracks wit grass growing through and definitely hasn’t been repainted in a very long time. I think it’s beyond resurfacing. Reading the article, it seems more cost-effective to lay a new track, perhaps rubberized. Like a turf field, it eventually pays for itself.
A rubberized surface was initially placed on CHStrack, it was from a company out of Sanford as i recal and it was made from recycled tires. It was nice initially but nothing last forever and the question might be asked how well was it maintained. Keeping in mind the site doesnt need grading, etc, it needs resurfacing.

When most people hear it will pay for itself keep in mind it will generate no revenue so when people who appropriate money her that the say ut oh.

I just dont see this one being decided by more than 7 points could be wrong if so not the first or the last time lol. Last years game was broke open by a big special teams play wouldnt be surprised if something like that or a turnover breaks open this one tonight. Plenty of history and tradition between these two teams should be a good one and should have a great crowd.

Reactions: dogs79
Haven't heard anything official but i think they will be honoring Brent's memory tonight before the game its definitely the right thing to do. Lets get this win for Brent. RIP #66/503

Reactions: daagoob
Hound be a slobber knocker tonight in Clinton two powerhouses going for the crown of the ECC title and bragging rites so I’m with wrh by 3 but could go either way! JmO

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
Wont be able to make Ribeyes still at work but pregame or whatever yall know where ill be top row 50 yard line. GAMEDAY!!! Safe travels to our friends from Wallace and anyone else making the trip. Cheers to a good clean inury free game. GO HORSES!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT