ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Wallace ECC Conference Championship game.

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
First things first its a huge game Friday night but the Darkhorse football family lost someone last night to a horrible accident. I think we all will have heavy hearts Friday night wont be the same. Brent Hall was a good friend and one of the nicest guys you could meet. Former Darkhorse football player,Police officer and he helped out the team filming the games from up top the press box he was a huge fan he posted up here from time to time and we talked football quite a bit literally just spoke to him at the JK game Thursday night and he message me about this upcoming game yesterday morning he was excited to watch. He will be greatly missed...........Friday Night he is gonna have the best seat in the house. RIP buddy GO HORSES!!!!!!!!! #66

First things first its a huge game Friday night but the Darkhorse football family lost someone last night to a horrible accident. I think we all will have heavy hearts Friday night wont be the same. Brent Hall was a good friend and one of the nicest guys you could meet. Former Darkhorse football player,Police officer and he helped out the team filming the games from up top the press box he was a huge fan he posted up here from time to time and we talked football quite a bit literally just spoke to him at the JK game Thursday night and he message me about this upcoming game yesterday morning he was excited to watch. He will be greatly missed...........Friday Night he is gonna have the best seat in the house. RIP buddy GO

HORSES!!!!!!!!! #66
I agree we lost a super DarkHorse. He and his Dad loved it. Quite a tragedy at such a young age. He will definitely be missed by more than just the DarkHorses but his family, the law enforcement community, but he’ll be a DarkHorse Forever!.

Last edited:
As far as this game goes it will be a battle for sure. I dont see the winner winning by more than a score which has been the case in the last 3 matchups. Major playoff implications in this one as the loser probably wont have a home playoff game.

Depends on which bulldog squad shows up Friday nite. 1st half vs midway squad shows up we'll have a helluva game. 2nd half vs midway squad shows we'll have a running clock by 4th qtr. Best and worst the dogs have looked all yr on the same nite! Smh

I’ll be making sure my recliner doesn’t run away Friday night. Should be a great game. Both teams are capable of winning this one but I think Clinton wins a close one. 33-27

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
This will be the most balanced offensive team WRH has faced against Clinton. We aren’t the Clinton of old. If you take away run, we will pass. Take away the pass we will run. I think WRH per usual has athletes to match up, this game comes down to who wants it more. I hope my horses do!

*My statement about “the most balanced team” WRH has faced is in regards to Clinton of teams past NOT teams this year although we might be, but idk about all of their opponents.

Reactions: dogs79
This will be the most balanced offensive team WRH has faced against Clinton. We aren’t the Clinton of old. If you take away run, we will pass. Take away the pass we will run. I think WRH per usual has athletes to match up, this game comes down to who wants it more. I hope my horses do!

*My statement about “the most balanced team” WRH has faced is in regards to Clinton of teams past NOT teams this year although we might be, but idk about all of their opponents.
I believe if WRH don't control your running game, we lose. Not saying Clinton can't pass by no means

Reactions: UNC91
Heart says we will pull it out but head and recent performances/trends say otherwise.

Not sure where all the blame needs to go but I was sure disappointed in the second half last week.

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
www.gofan.co

I’ll check with Wiz and 34. We might could hit up ribeyes or Ted’s charcoal steakhouse.

I know I have to be in booth by 6:00

Just FYI when going to purchase tix, you want see them available, refresh your browser and they will be there. On sale now.

First things first its a huge game Friday night but the Darkhorse football family lost someone last night to a horrible accident. I think we all will have heavy hearts Friday night wont be the same. Brent Hall was a good friend and one of the nicest guys you could meet. Former Darkhorse football player,Police officer and he helped out the team filming the games from up top the press box he was a huge fan he posted up here from time to time and we talked football quite a bit literally just spoke to him at the JK game Thursday night and he message me about this upcoming game yesterday morning he was excited to watch. He will be greatly missed...........Friday Night he is gonna have the best seat in the house. RIP buddy GO HORSES!!!!!!!!! #66
Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. As for the game this is a tough one. I'm taking Clinton by 7

Why is it that schools like Clinton/Wrh/Swo are so reluctant to throw? This is something that Ive been wondering but have never asked. I thoroughly enjoyed the Midway/Wrh game last week and came away impressed with the Midway passing attack. That was one fun game to watch and luckily the Bulldogs were able to hold on and secure the win. I saw it posted earlier that Clinton can throw it if the run is shut down so I'm thinking that maybe we'll get to see that Friday against Wrh. I know the Dogs can shut the run down but Midway really exposed them with that air attack.

Midway is an Air Raid offense. Clintons offense is a balanced attack. WRH is run heavy wing-T. Scheme aside I think all 3 schools could throw it or run it more than they choose to do, but sometimes you do what your talent pool allows. Clinton has some talented WR’s this year with a QB who is continuing to grow only a JR. Midway has a heck of a QB with talented WR’s but not the best OLine so they use the quick passing game as an extension of the run game. WRH IMO knows what they do best and that is pound the football. Pass if they must but you have to stop their run first. Which very few do. Each team has their own philosophy which works for them, but honestly I’m just glad we are balanced. I’ve called 17 years worth of Clinton football and this is the first year we could ever throw for 200 and rush for 100 or Vice Versa depending on what the defense gives us.

Reactions: dogs79 and daagoob
Midway is an Air Raid offense. Clintons offense is a balanced attack. WRH is run heavy wing-T. Scheme aside I think all 3 schools could throw it or run it more than they choose to do, but sometimes you do what your talent pool allows. Clinton has some talented WR’s this year with a QB who is continuing to grow only a JR. Midway has a heck of a QB with talented WR’s but not the best OLine so they use the quick passing game as an extension of the run game. WRH IMO knows what the do best and that is pound the football. Pass if we must but you have to stop their run first. Which very few do. Each team has their own philosophy which works for them, but honestly I’m just glad we are balanced. I’ve called 17 years worth of Clinton football and this is the first year we could ever throw for 200 and rush for 100 or Vice Versa depending on what the defense gives us.
Good post, thanks. I'm pulling for Wrh but I think you guys win big. 21 plus

Killing me Goob
Sorry John, I'm hoping I'm wrong but I don't think I am. Its not that I think Clinton is good, I just think the Dogs have fallen off. You have to remember, when I think of Wrh I think of Javonte Williams and that powerhouse of a team that I witnessed in Elizabeth City. That's the way I want to remember them. 💯💯💯💯

Because of you @dogs79 I am a Bulldog!! I have their back against everyone but my Northeastern Eagles. I have mad respect for you guys and of course @Otis4411 . Y'all have so much knowledge it's crazy, and I love the way all of you came out in support of Northeastern. Especially last year when we played at Clinton. Heck Otis went on the field after the game and met with the coach,his wife,and others from our team. We had a good time, can't wait to return there. Love that place, and the steak house😂

Sorry John, I'm hoping I'm wrong but I don't think I am. Its not that I think Clinton is good, I just think the Dogs have fallen off. You have to remember, when I think of Wrh I think of Javonte Williams and that powerhouse of a team that I witnessed in Elizabeth City. That's the way I want to remember them. 💯💯💯💯
You good. Always think my dogs will pull it out. Beat up team. Got the talent tho.

I remember back in the day WRH was chasing those ships every year. NE got to get one
This may be our last chance. John remember how much I talked about #51 Jameson Fletcher last year. Coach Moore had him playing center last season. I told you he was a gifted player that I felt wasn't being given a fair shake. Well coach had no choice but unleash him this year and that kid has turned into a monster 💪. Thank heavens he didn't transfer out. I hope you get a chance to see him play. That kid is bringing the heat, believe me.

Athlete to athlete these 2 normally match up evenly think the game will be won upfront whoever can control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. And whoever makes the least mistakes. Turnover bug has plague us this year if we dont beat ourselves i don't think anyone can beat us just my opinion.

Chance of rain and thunderstorms Friday......with iffy weather Friday and NCHSAA doing their seeding Saturday for the playoffs any chance this gets moved to Thursday

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Are there tickets available? I'm very busy but Id ride down there most likely
You have to get tickets online. Go to GoFan.co. (Not com) and type. In Clinton NC for High school, you’ll get a list of various games. Pick out the WRH-Cinton game fir April9, pay the site. It will leave the tickets on your phone to show at the gate. To my knowledge there will be no tickets sold at the gate or there haven’t so far.

Reactions: daagoob
This game is being discussed about being moved to Thursday but nothing official as of now.

Reactions: daagoob
Good post, thanks. I'm pulling for Wrh but I think you guys win big. 21 plus
Goob, the old cliche you can throw the record book out rings true in this rivalry By history both teams have beaten the other with lesser teams. (I rennet one year several years ago WRH won the state championship, their only blemish on their record was a loss to Clinton) I think the Horses win and potentially win big but I wouldn’t bet any money on it. An old friend once told me “everyone’s got potential”

Goob, that kind of player/team only comes around most places once ina decade

Because of you @dogs79 I am a Bulldog!! I have their back against everyone but my Northeastern Eagles. I have mad respect for you guys and of course @Otis4411 . Y'all have so much knowledge it's crazy, and I love the way all of you came out in support of Northeastern. Especially last year when we played at Clinton. Heck Otis went on the field after the game and met with the coach,his wife,and others from our team. We had a good time, can't wait to return there. Love that place, and the steak house😂
A special place a lot of great football history there; a lot of great players DarkHorses and others; 3 former NFL starting running backs)now named Robinson-Lewis Field at DarkHorse Stadium
We pride ourselves on trying to accommodate our visitors with the facilities. Primarily I don’t think you’ll have a bad view of the game and hopefully comfortable.

Athlete to athlete these 2 normally match up evenly think the game will be won upfront whoever can control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. And whoever makes the least mistakes. Turnover bug has plague us this year if we dont beat ourselves i don't think anyone can beat us just my opinion.
You’re correct 34 and I say anyone as well. I’m not saying the Horses will win out fir the state championship but I am saying this DarkHorse team is very capable of beating anyone in the Stste. I’m quite confident of that but they still have to play the game!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT