ADVERTISEMENT

2A Clinton vs Southwest Edgecombe 3rd Round(Girls)

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Sectional Final Clinton 26-2(14-0) vs SW Edgecombe 20-4(8-2).....for Clinton girls the march thru the Eastern Plains conference continues as they now play the champion of the conference after playing Washington and North Pitt in the previous rounds......looking at SWE they avg 55 ppg and are alil more balanced than North Pitt but still only have 2 girls that avg double figures #1 Owens and #21 Farmer according to maxpreps.....i know comparing common opponents is a no no but i see they lost to a North Johnston team who Midway beat.....means absolutely nothing but just something that stood out......For Clinton the girls just seem to be in a groove right now and with the home crowd behind them its going to be hard to stop them....as always if the trio of Boykin,Cannady, and Williams do what they normally do we will be hard to beat.....Boykin is in other zone right now and i think she really wants to deliver that State Title......cant remember the last time Clinton girls were in Regionals we will see what happens Saturday

Clinton girls win a hard frought game 82-66 advance to the 4th round fir the first time since the 90's I believe

Looks like it will be a rematch with NS jax they are up on North Brunswick 50-16

Congrats! No. 1 and No. 2 may be on a collision course.

What was the halftime score of the SWE game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT