ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Goldsboro Oct 12

Should be fun next 4 weeks. Saw some WRH spies tonight lol.

Not sure bout next week lol well atleast alot of young guys should get playing time.....Spring Creek aint hitting on nothing....goal for that game get to the mercy rule continuous running clock,get our starters out rested and injury free get some JV guys some reps......Wallace,East Duplin,and JK all back to back to back should be fun

Reactions: Swo_05
Lol man we trying our best to let them have this game....sloppy sloppy sloppy
what do you expect after not playing but 1 game in 45 days? Certainly, one can't expect these teams to be in the late season form. That's not an excuse its just reality.

Last edited:
Short takes from the game:
Goldsboro has some athletes, especially McLean and Valentine. Bowden was held in check tonight. Seems like they need some better coaching, as there were some questionable calls made on offense.
Clinton played lights out on run defense, while their pass defense was tested all night. The secondary looked a little winded in the second half-coaching staff needs to work more with the secondary. The Horses' offense was good overall, especially Knowlydge Evans. Penalties have to be cleaned up, as all but one of the 6 penalties were on offense. I can't reiterate this enough, JALEN SMITH, STOP SPINNING AND HOLD ONTO THE BALL!!! Two fumbles, one leading directly to a Goldsboro score, the second one at Clinton's 6 yard line.
The Horses have to cut down on the silly, silly penalties(breaking huddle with 12 men), and hold on to the ball. Otherwise, we're beginning to look like the team to beat in the conference.
i thought there were 3 fumbles

Understandably there will be rust but up 31-7 idc how much football you haven't played in 45 days you cant make the mistakes and unforced errors we made tonight going forward period....we were outscored 21-6 in 2nd half when we could of easily blew them out the water.....it was a sloppy half of football thats all im saying

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
I think the DarkHorses are going to be alright down the stretch. Football like any sport is a game in which you build momentum, through repetition.it's hard to build that the way everyone's schedule has been this season. Teams in the west were playing game 9 tonight, the Horses were playing game 5. The DarkHorse get Spring Creek out of the way as someone described above and then its a 3 game season 1 game at a time. I was really impressed with how the Horses just about shut down the Cougars rushing game.

Last edited:
Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
Understandably there will be rust but up 31-7 idc how much football you haven't played in 45 days you cant make the mistakes and unforced errors we made tonight going forward period....we were outscored 21-6 in 2nd half when we could of easily blew them out the water.....it was a sloppy half of football thats all im saying
and all I'm saying when you don't play but once in 45 days you can expect sloppy play. Go to any other sport and not play a game or match in 45 days, do you think they're going to be on their game? Having that expectation is just unrealistic no matter how much one cares. Of course, we understand the consequences. Turn the ball over once in your scoring zone and another in their scoring zone, 14-21 point turnaround. Honestly, after the 1st quarter, I never doubted the Horses were going to win the game. I remember a coach once saying when their team didn't win as convincingly as the fans thought their team should have, the coach said, "I know what your problem is, you want to win pretty, not just win but win pretty."

The 1 game in 45 days didnt seem to effect us in the first half so it just really seems like a excuse but thats just me....and i rather have a ugly win then a pretty loss any day against any team.....silly mistakes unforced errors can turn into bad habits like we saw last year just dont want that happening in the coming weeks

it's not an excuse, it's unrealistic expectations. 1 game in 45 games involves a lot of things, timing, conditioning. keep in mind a good portion of that time they couldn't even practice. The first half? Other than the obvious score, I didn't really see a lot of difference in play. This should have been our 7th game. I think this DarkHorse team based on the momentum they developed during the first 3 games if there had been no interruption in play putting this team in 3/4 mark of the season form, they possibly beat Goldsboro even more decisively though scoring 37 points certainly wasn't minor. Bottom line to me, we looked like a really good team with some really good players that haven't played in a game very much. Provided the weather doesn't do anything to us again, I mean it almost happened again this week. They did miss school yesterday. I don't think this coming weeks game will help very much as the subs/jvs will play most of the game resulting in a continuous running clock. But the last 3 games will tell the story in the shortened season.

The 1 game in 45 days didnt seem to effect us in the first half so it just really seems like a excuse but thats just me....and i rather have a ugly win then a pretty loss any day against any team.....silly mistakes unforced errors can turn into bad habits like we saw last year just dont want that happening in the coming weeks
Go ask any PGA player or Tennis player you're going to play one round/match in 45 days and for a great period only limited practice, and after that see how it works out for them.

one thing this season has me convinced about, I hope the DarkHorses never go another season without scheduling an endowment game, a very competitive endowment game.

34, maybe you had to be there to understand what I'm saying. Ron and 04 are good but as good as they are, eyeballing is better. That being said I'm glad we got'em because even I haven't got to a couple games the past 2 years and it sure is good hearing them tell us what's going on.

Ok so ALL the mistakes tonight were because of lack of playing in the last month or so....ok gotcha

The whole point im trying to make is maybe some of the mistakes in the second half were us being too careless(Jalen spinning and fumbling when he has been told about that in the past)(the center not knowing the difference between the QB being in shotgun and under center) just lil things like that have nothing to do with rust

Now the false start(timing issues) the 12 men in the huddle and the conditioning of the secondary you can attribute to rust(lack of playing) but just my opinion alot of the other mistakes especially in the 2nd half just seemed like careless errors that if you make against WRH,ED,and JK could cost you the game just like we saw happen last season

34 just let it go, you cannot win lol. Horses will be fine. I’d hate to be spring creek next week after that 2nd half we just played. Btw, Coach Davis and 04, great as always tonight. Good call.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Changing the subject beyond impressed with Coach Johnson and his staff....i know it was alil rocky start with some of the changes but you can really see his mark on this team now.....alot of people including some of those conference experts i was referring earlier assumed Clinton would be a non factor because new staff new system etc etc...but the kids seem to be thriving seeing new exciting wrinkles every week...like i said with the differences in the offensive playcalling if we went back and replayed that Cape Fear game i think you would see a much different result........still improvements to be made but i continue to see a team maintaining the goal Coach Johnson stated at the beginning of the season and thats getting 1% better everyday...hats off to Coach Johnson and staff keep up the good work

34, as I said, except for the fumbling all those issues were a result of having not played very much, I heard a great saying on time,"there is no substitution for experience."
Of course, you can't expect to win big games doing, this. That goes without saying,

I love the new Clinton offense. Still staying true to the running game but running multiple sets can keep defenses honest.

How did y’all like the opening play clinton ran. It didn’t work (LoL) but IF it had the WR walks into the endzone.

Looked like something Coach Bell used to run on JV he either had Tyion Wright(QB at the time) take it on a QB draw or pass it out to the screen man who was usually Prentice Murphy or Kavon Dessus......but i like it anytime Clinton offense passes on the first play of the game on first down...something different

I like even tho it didnt work it gives opponents something else to be aware of and its something different other than the usual dive play on first down

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT