ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton/Northeastern

If I remember that was a 2nd round game as well. Probably 17 degrees that night

Yep 2nd round Midway was a 1 loss team that 1 loss coming to yall a few weeks before....I guess thats why teams hate playing regular season foes in the postseason.....definitely bite us in the butt last year vs Northside

Another thread gone south. Good luck to both teams, I hope Jalen plays, we will need him.

Good point 04, I have probably talked more trash than I should, but that's just how confident I feel about my team. I see many posters up here from the ECC conference talking trash. Anytime a poster mentions NHS people just go off talking about how weak our conference is,we haven't played anyone, our offense would never put up those kind of numbers against a team from the ECC. After a while that gets old and I know that I get tired of hearing it. I've noticed that you don't get involved in any of the trash talking and that you just try to tell things how you see it. I see that you get talk down upon from some of your fellow ECC people. 100% respect from me, you carry yourself very well and control your emotions lol, that's not easy for me. I feel that we will have an easy time with Clinton, and I'm not so sure about Wallace

Reactions: 96panther and TD08
I think Conley would have finished 2nd or 3rd. They are better than Clinton
That's all I trying to say. Also NE beat 5A Norview 40-28 in Virginia and although they went 4-7 nobody scored over 20 points against them all year in a tough Norfolk league (look them up on max preps). They just struggled scoring. That was a decent team.

Reactions: daagoob
Being you think NHS is so much of a joke, why don't you come to Elizabeth City and bet on either of your teams from the ECC. You can bet the house I promise you that. I'm not some nit that just runs my mouth, I will back it up. I've been a gambler all my life and I will bet whatever you want to. River Road Middle School here in Elizabeth City would beat Clinton. I just hope Coach Moore doesn't call the dogs off, because it doesn't matter what the final score is there will be an excuse or a reason of why NHS just won. All we will hear is how Clinton is having a down year or that they didn't have their star player, Etc etc. Then you guys will say just wait till Wallace-Rose Hill comes to Elizabeth City you won't be talking smack then LOL. It can't get here soon enough, believe me. I will be ready for this game like no other, and my pockets will be deep to back my mouth up. I like my boy bulldog from Wallace, a lot of what he says makes sense and just like myself he likes to talk a little trash. Some of you guys just don't have a clue, especially the ones that keep talking about Clinton. I understand they've been a perennial power for years, and I have the utmost respect for that, but this year's different. All teams have down years at some point, and I know that Clinton will recover and be back as a force to be reckoned with.
Dagoob, there’s a saying for your kind of talking, “you’re talking out your ...... Now you keep on saying Clinton’s going to get shut out, NH will win by more than 28 points, you’ve said as much as 50. That a middle school down the road would Best Clinton. You say you’re a gambler. You put money behind those type statements and you’re going to lose your ........ promise ya

Dagoob, there’s a saying for your kind of talking, “you’re talking out your ...... Now you keep on saying Clinton’s going to get shut out, NH will win by more than 28 points, you’ve said as much as 50. That a middle school down the road would Best Clinton. You say you’re a gambler. You put money behind those type statements and you’re going to lose your ........ promise ya
Is #10 back Wiz? He was a load and is a big part of what Clinton does.

That's all I trying to say. Also NE beat 5A Norview 40-28 in Virginia and although they went 4-7 nobody scored over 20 points against them all year in a tough Norfolk league (look them up on max preps). They just struggled scoring. That was a decent team.
Norview, another loser. Nobody in that league good enough to score more than 20 points. 4-7 wewwwwww!

I've seen River Road play and I've seen Clinton play, I'm a betting man and I would take River Road. Maybe you should look them up and see where the pipeline of talent starts. I can't be any more clear when I say that I believe Northeastern wins by 28 +. Is it wrong because I feel that way?

Iol..I just can't convince you can I. U a ride or die fan (much respect)
The sad thing is that even after this Friday night he still won't be convinced and will jump on the bandwagon for his fellow ECC team wrh. What happens after we win that game also? Will you then be all about E Bladen or Reidsville. If we were to lose to WRH or E Bladen I would surely support them over Reidsville, assuming that they carry the West

Norview, another loser. Nobody in that league good enough to score more than 20 points. 4-7 wewwwwww!

Norview plays in SE VA. You know how much talent is in the Norfolk/VA Beach area? C'mon. Understand that Conley is the Ahlers show but they were still a good non-conference win.

Is #10 back Wiz? He was a load and is a big part of what Clinton does.
I️ don’t know BigBoyBaller. Have been out of town OBX , so I️ don’t know the circumstances. Honestly, with him, I think the Horses have an outside chance but you know he plays well at linebacker too. Without him I think our chances diminish significantly. How would Northeastern fare without Freshwater their leading ground and tackler.Not making excuses just reality. I’m not saying the Horses are going to win but I’m pretty certain they’re not going to get embarrasses like some posters predict. We’ll see

Last edited:
A varsity high school team not getting beat by a middle school especially not Clinton.....that's the type of unnecessary mess I'm talking bout

Reactions: BigBird12
I see how this thread is going to be I'll take a raincheck till Friday.....most of us hung up our helmet and pads long ago so nothing said up here has any barring on the game Friday no matter how idiotic it is.....at the end of the day if we go up there compete play hard and come away injury free I'll be happy no matter the outcome

Reactions: Jfly69
I️ don’t know BigBoyBaller. Have been out of town OBX , so I️ don’t know the circumstances. Honestly with him I think the Horses have a outside chance but you know he plays well at linebacker too. Without him I think our chances diminish significantly. How would Northeastern fare without their leading ground and tackler.Not making excuses just reality. I’m not saying the Horses are going to win but I’m pretty certain they’re not going to get embarrasses like some predict. We’ll see

Not our leading tackler that's Javiah Cruise #57 106 tackles...I like Smith playing NT use him the way East Duplin uses #34 on the defensive line

Reactions: 96panther
A varsity high school team not getting beat by a middle school especially not Clinton.....that's the type of unnecessary mess I'm talking bout
34, comments like what he said is why I’m not paying attention to him any longer. I️ mean pulling for your Team is one thing but saying your opponent would get beat by a middle school is absurd.

Last edited:
No disrespect to EB. They ain't coming out of the east. It will be Northeastern or WRH

There you go dog79 talking EB down. We haven't claimed doing anything yet. We have this coming game coming up with Greene Central and that's our focus for this week. If we are victorious this week, then we will focus on the winner of the Southwest Edgecombe - Southwest - Onslow game. If we make to the fourth round then we can talk about WRH or Northeastern. If WRH wins the third round and we do to, then then Eastern Championship will played at Lemon Fisher Stadium in Elizabeth town or if NHS beats WRH then it will be at NHS. However if SWO makes to fourth rd and WRH makes it then it may wind up Jacksonville. Leave us out all this until that time comes. None of us really don't know whats gonna shake out just yet. Look to far ahead you may get bitten real bad. Just a little advice for all. Later!

Reactions: 96panther
Being you think NHS is so much of a joke, why don't you come to Elizabeth City and bet on either of your teams from the ECC. You can bet the house I promise you that. I'm not some nit that just runs my mouth, I will back it up. I've been a gambler all my life and I will bet whatever you want to. River Road Middle School here in Elizabeth City would beat Clinton. I just hope Coach Moore doesn't call the dogs off, because it doesn't matter what the final score is there will be an excuse or a reason of why NHS just won. All we will hear is how Clinton is having a down year or that they didn't have their star player, Etc etc. Then you guys will say just wait till Wallace-Rose Hill comes to Elizabeth City you won't be talking smack then LOL. It can't get here soon enough, believe me. I will be ready for this game like no other, and my pockets will be deep to back my mouth up. I like my boy bulldog from Wallace, a lot of what he says makes sense and just like myself he likes to talk a little trash. Some of you guys just don't have a clue, especially the ones that keep talking about Clinton. I understand they've been a perennial power for years, and I have the utmost respect for that, but this year's different. All teams have down years at some point, and I know that Clinton will recover and be back as a force to be reckoned with.
Well Sir 1) I will be at work 2) if I wasn't I would be watching my team. I understand some of what you say but SHOULD 3rd ranked ECC Clinton happen to upset y'all or even hang with ne, myself, panther96, panther99, tdpass and a few others would never let you live it down.

Well Sir 1) I will be at work 2) if I wasn't I would be watching my team. I understand some of what you say but SHOULD 3rd ranked ECC Clinton happen to upset y'all or even hang with ne, myself, panther96, panther99, tdpass and a few others would never let you live it down.
They (Clinton) hung with Mighty WR Hill didn't they? Should have won but #3 made a superman run to win it

I see how this thread is going to be I'll take a raincheck till Friday.....most of us hung up our helmet and pads long ago so nothing said up here has any barring on the game Friday no matter how idiotic it is.....at the end of the day if we go up there compete play hard and come away injury free I'll be happy no matter the outcome
34 that’s what I’m talking about. I’m leaving this till Friday as well. More important things to do than talk junk. Compete, that’s what I said earlier and I believe the DarkHorses will do that

They (Clinton) hung with Mighty WR Hill didn't they? Should have won but #3 made a superman run to win it
we will overlook the flagrant hold vividly shown on WRALTV5 that would have made a difference but you're not going to get a call like that or any other with 45 seconds left in the game.The DarkHorse played their best ballgame, we know that and if they play like that again, they can play with anyone, but if is a mighty big word. Fact is we know they're capable.
Good luck to your team in round 2.

Last edited:
The sad thing is that even after this Friday night he still won't be convinced and will jump on the bandwagon for his fellow ECC team wrh. What happens after we win that game also? Will you then be all about E Bladen or Reidsville. If we were to lose to WRH or E Bladen I would surely support them over Reidsville, assuming that they carry the West
Daagoob brought EB up. Top two teams in 2a east is WRH and NE. Sorry phantom,that's how I feel

Reactions: Jamesdavis06

I understand, and you shouldn't. I'm a big boy and I understand the consequences and the heat I will get should NHS lose. You would have every right to ridicule me, just as I would do the same. Don't think for a minute that I won't try to ruffle some feathers Friday night if NHS wins like I think they will.

What is dynamic about NE this year is they are not a one trick pony. With all the talk about Freshwater and the QB Hall, the most valuable player on the team to me is 4 star JR Walker 6'1 205 RB/WR/FS. Seems like every other play he touched the ball he scored or had long run.

What is dynamic about NE this year is they are not a one trick pony. With all the talk about Freshwater and the QB Hall, the most valuable player on the team to me is 4 star JR Walker 6'1 205 RB/WR/FS. Seems like every other play he touched the ball he scored or had long run.

I'm a big fan of 6'5 qb Dallas Hall, I just think of what could've been had he been at NHS the whole time instead of Perquimans. That kid is exciting. He looks like he'd be slow and clumsy but he is explosive and has some moves, not to mention how good of an arm he has.

Reactions: TD08
Well if the bulldogs defensecand offense show up like theydid friday night gonna be a long night..

Im gonna say this wrh and Ed for the poster that said ECC teams cant defend the pass check the stats on WRH defense and ED u will c they hold their on pretty good .now wrh played the#3 team in in the class 3a havelock who is a powerhouse who runs the spread offense and a little power football but they pass often wrh shut down their passing attack the qb average over 250 yards a game wrh went in their held them to 75 yards rushing and 158 yards passing 5 sacks 3 picks i was there i watched it so no faking anything here about the numbers .ED handle themselves against the pass very well ..ifu think u gonna just beat a ECC team with a qb running free get ready to have him hurt and if u think they cant cover then ur sadly mistaken.call me bias or whatever it will not be easy to beat anybody this time of year..

Im gonna say this wrh and Ed for the poster that said ECC teams cant defend the pass check the stats on WRH defense and ED u will c they hold their on pretty good .now wrh played the#3 team in in the class 3a havelock who is a powerhouse who runs the spread offense and a little power football but they pass often wrh shut down their passing attack the qb average over 250 yards a game wrh went in their held them to 75 yards rushing and 158 yards passing 5 sacks 3 picks i was there i watched it so no faking anything here about the numbers .ED handle themselves against the pass very well ..ifu think u gonna just beat a ECC team with a qb running free get ready to have him hurt and if u think they cant cover then ur sadly mistaken.call me bias or whatever it will not be easy to beat anybody this time of year..
i agree. our pass defense will give up a TD or so, but we usually shut them down for the most part after that. we do good overall. just like with WRH's pass defense, speed makes the difference.

Reactions: blackbulldog
U right panther96 some of these guys just blowing their not knowing what they talking about especially if u never seen a team play now im not talking smack against NE,but i seen the spread offense work many times,if u seen it once u seen it all,its just some teams add a wrinkle or two to it.thats it. I watched a ED team last year play hertford county who runs spread offense and the gave up passes but not alot of points. They won the game by 13 or 17 .ECC say what u want about em.WE ARE HERE TO STAY!!

U right panther96 some of these guys just blowing their not knowing what they talking about especially if u never seen a team play now im not talking smack against NE,but i seen the spread offense work many times,if u seen it once u seen it all,its just some teams add a wrinkle or two to it.thats it. I watched a ED team last year play hertford county who runs spread offense and the gave up passes but not alot of points. They won the game by 13 or 17 .ECC say what u want about em.WE ARE HERE TO STAY!!
I too was at the ED/HC game you mentioned and remembered it a bit different so I went back and did some research.

Final score was 35-27. I wasn't a math major but that is less than the 13-17 margin you listed.

Also, the stat line for the HC QB was 25-47 for 346 yards with 4TDs and 1 int. Seems to me HC was very successful in throwing the football that night....but that's just me. Stats are from Maxpreps so they should be accurate.

Again, I have seen ED play multiple times this season and teams have had success in throwing (Jacksonville, JK), and compared to their run defense their pass defense is not as good. Saw two long TD passes the past two weeks.

All I am saying is that I would be concerned when playing teams that have good balance between run and pass and have an accurate QB.

Northeastern this year would be very difficult for ED or WRH to defend based on what I have seen from both. They will torch Clinton this week and the game with WRH will be a toss up.

I too was at the ED/HC game you mentioned and remembered it a bit different so I went back and did some research.

Final score was 35-27. I wasn't a math major but that is less than the 13-17 margin you listed.

Also, the stat line for the HC QB was 25-47 for 346 yards with 4TDs and 1 int. Seems to me HC was very successful in throwing the football that night....but that's just me. Stats are from Maxpreps so they should be accurate.

Again, I have seen ED play multiple times this season and teams have had success in throwing (Jacksonville, JK), and compared to their run defense their pass defense is not as good. Saw two long TD passes the past two weeks.

All I am saying is that I would be concerned when playing teams that have good balance between run and pass and have an accurate QB.

Northeastern this year would be very difficult for ED or WRH to defend based on what I have seen from both. They will torch Clinton this week and the game with WRH will be a toss up.

Oh, so someone was embellishing a lil, Lol. Good job doing that research for us trolls. NHS by 28+ this Friday, and by 14+ next Friday against the Dynasty.

Oh ok fence u looked up the stats, i never said the kid didnt complete passes did i fence read my post again .i did say he completed sone passes did i not say that i didnt put out a stat line only on what i could remember from that game. So now again if he threw for 500 did he win ,and for the record that kid for hertford county impressed me and im not one that easily impressed by players maybe a team concept but not individual players . and for u mr. Goob i never said yall were trolls but im not gonna downplay anybody as good as that kid is the show he put on that night as impressive.but when the smoke cleared he lost and after the game i talked to some the parents of the players and a coach they said the kid is the real deal.. And again if u wanna say this or that please comprehend first before answering.. No ill feelings. And i could be wrong in my stance great stats they speak for themselves but the over all fact is HC Lost..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT