ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton/Northeastern

BigBird12

Nov 25, 2013
Thoughts and predictions? Northeastern's 0-2 vs Clinton, both games being played in Elizabeth City. Third time the charm for the Eagles?

Not the typical caliber team Clinton usually produces but they play hard....if we can limit our mistakes I.E Penalties/turnovers and hope for NE too make a ton of them anything is possible....thats why we play the games....sucks another long trip for Clinton

Is dagoob still giving 21, since Clinton is so bad I think he should at least give 28 points. A chance to make some extra Christmas money dagoob. I mean with NE invincibility it should be a sure thing

Just got home from First Flight, clinton dominated LOS offensively tonight, didn’t even throw 1 pass, well they did and it was completed but called back for holding but I digress. Defense has been the talking point for clinton this year and not in a good way. I don’t know if it’s coaching (new DC) or lack of size but I’ve never seen clinton give up so many wide open rushing lanes. All I know is we better fix it and quick or next week could be ugly. If FF would’ve swallowed there pride and just ran the ball they win tonight, we couldn’t stop them up the middle. We can depend the sweep, end around and are better suited to defend passing teams but a power running game we are just out of place and too small to handle it. Our offense can run it and if needed pass (shocker I know) but it will be the Defense that must win this next game for clinton.

Just got home from First Flight, clinton dominated LOS offensively tonight, didn’t even throw 1 pass, well they did and it was completed but called back for holding but I digress. Defense has been the talking point for clinton this year and not in a good way. I don’t know if it’s coaching (new DC) or lack of size but I’ve never seen clinton give up so many wide open rushing lanes. All I know is we better fix it and quick or next week could be ugly. If FF would’ve swallowed there pride and just ran the ball they win tonight, we couldn’t stop them up the middle. We can depend the sweep, end around and are better suited to defend passing teams but a power running game we are just out of place and too small to handle it. Our offense can run it and if needed pass (shocker I know) but it will be the Defense that must win this next game for clinton.
Well i think I heard in.the pregame before we left the hotel for the game that First Flight was averaging well over 30 points per game. Well the Horses held them to 15 points. I don’t know if it was warm and comfy in the press box or not but the cold 42 degrees and the 15-20 mph gusting northeaster was bordering on brutal for both teams. I know this group of Horses have never played in such conditions I think the key for the Horses is the status of our fullback. If it’s a 1 game suspension that’s one thing against Ff. If it’s for the season it might not last much longer. not only was he missed at fullback Jsylan at linebacker the FF QB would have been well introduced to him!

Well we welcome y'all next week have a safe trip back home and get ready for the big boys

Is dagoob still giving 21, since Clinton is so bad I think he should at least give 28 points. A chance to make some extra Christmas money dagoob. I mean with NE invincibility it should be a sure thing

Wiz I wasnt even going to post on this thread, so this will be my only because this thread is irrelevant. FF/Clinton was a good matchup, two very well matched teams. I was upset last week because I was going to miss the much anticipated Clinton/NHS matchup do to being in PA from the 16th-20th. After seeing Clinton in person last night, and considering all circumstances ( wind,key player missing ) this one's gonna be ugly. NHS will hang 50+ on the dark horses, and they will do it fast unless coach pulls the starters. This eagle team is the real thing and can't help that our conference is weak. It is what it is and we can't change that. 63-7 final score, I don't think coach pulls the starters. If the star player is back for Clinton I will add 2 more tds for them. Wiz, if I was at this game I'd give you 28, and you wouldn't like it. Count your lucky stars because you couldve bet what you were comfortable with and gotten action with me. I would've gotten that extra Christmas cash, this game will be over at halftime.

I hope Jalen's granddad will reconsider. I heard he did not want Jalen playing anymore, after what happened Monday with the DC. Evans did a great job last night but the Horses are a better team when Jalen's on the field. To me, it all depends, if the Horses REALLY want to win the game at NE (New England), you can say what you want, they will be IN the game and possibly WIN the game no matter who they play in 2-A. It will not be Clinton's blood left on that field daagboob!! By the way, basketball starts today at CHS any way! Jamboree at 10am. Go HORSES!!!

I hope Jalen's granddad will reconsider. I heard he did not want Jalen playing anymore, after what happened Monday with the DC. Evans did a great job last night but the Horses are a better team when Jalen's on the field. To me, it all depends, if the Horses REALLY want to win the game at NE (New England), you can say what you want, they will be IN the game and possibly WIN the game no matter who they play in 2-A. It will not be Clinton's blood left on that field daagboob!! By the way, basketball starts today at CHS any way! Jamboree at 10am. Go HORSES!!!

What happened witht the DC...im assuming DC meaning defensive Coach....too be honest not really a fan of the coordinators scheme haven’t seen the front 7 this vulnerable in along time even in our down years we always had a stout defensive line

#34 bob lewis after watching this film will see what he needs to do. He a legend he will have to play alt of man schemes witha spy on the qb next week cover1 man or zone will shut down any spread offense if the defense plays disciplined..

Sleep on ole Clinton if you want. Better be ready to play
Clinton plays with a ton of heart and wont quit, but make no mistake about it, this is not the Clinton teams we are used to seeing. they just dont have the firepower they usually do. i think they will put forth a great effort vs NE but i dont think that NE will have that much trouble.

Last edited:
#34 bob lewis after watching this film will see what he needs to do. He a legend he will have to play alt of man schemes witha spy on the qb next week cover1 man or zone will shut down any spread offense if the defense plays disciplined..

Wont matter if you cant do simple things like tackling for instance....if missed tackles were a stat im sure we would lead the state....like 96 just said we dont have the fire power this year...we dont have that homerun hitter on offense....and defense um...all ima say is Coach Arnette please come back....not a fan of the new d coordinator schemes

Reactions: blackbulldog
Well i think I heard in.the pregame before we left the hotel for the game that First Flight was averaging well over 30 points per game. Well the Horses held them to 15 points. I don’t know if it was warm and comfy in the press box or not but the cold 42 degrees and the 15-20 mph gusting northeaster was bordering on brutal for both teams. I know this group of Horses have never played in such conditions I think the key for the Horses is the status of our fullback. If it’s a 1 game suspension that’s one thing against Ff. If it’s for the season it might not last much longer. not only was he missed at fullback Jsylan at linebacker the FF QB would have been well introduced to him!
I told everyone in another thread the weather down there could be brutal. Sorry you all had to experience it firsthand

Reactions: JAHAces and daagoob
Wiz, press box was a toasty 78 degrees. So much so we had to turn the heat down. Man, those conditions were brutal, I almost started sweating .

Conditions aside, clinton ran the ball well, Oline came to play, Defense has to be better, that all starts with scheme, and idk if that’ll change. As far as Jalen goes, no one really knows if he will be back, but if Knowledge can hold on to the ball, he can atleast provide a replacement as best as you can try to replace 5’9 260lbs, knowledge just has to find a cure for the fumbleitis.

Last edited:
F the coach at Dc at clinton has any sense he would run a man scheme friday night with a qb spy.

I don’t see what everyone concerned about the defense. FF only score 15 points averaging over 30 pogo. They scored 28 on NE. dagoob thinks he saw the DarkHorse team. He didn’t .NE has been beating up on small time competition. They’re bottom-feeding. It’s easy to score in that and defense that. I think next Friday’s game will be much closer than anyone realizes.

What happened witht the DC...im assuming DC meaning defensive Coach....too be honest not really a fan of the coordinators scheme haven’t seen the front 7 this vulnerable in along time even in our down years we always had a stout defensive line
Don't want to incriminate anyone on these boards but they say it got a little out of hand at practice Monday. That's history now...time to move forward! Go Horses!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Kids need to learn to listen even if the disagree with his call. Point blank now if the coach sent over board or saying incriminating things about a player or constantly calling out singling out one player then its a problem!! And need to be handled by his parent or guarding..

Reactions: TD08
I don’t see what everyone concerned about the defense. FF only score 15 points averaging over 30 pogo. They scored 28 on NE. dagoob thinks he saw the DarkHorse team. He didn’t .NE has been beating up on small time competition. They’re bottom-feeding. It’s easy to score in that and defense that. I think next Friday’s game will be much closer than anyone realizes.

Go back watch some games count the number of tackles missed and get back to me

Reactions: daagoob

I’m not a fan of NE but I have seen both teams and Clinton will be overmatched. Good luck to both teams.

The article is ok , its gonna be a good game between them and wallace if we borh make it not overlooking anyone..but its some other great players in the state that are ranked higher but he a good kid whos ceiling is very high the sky is the limit ..

Who both teams didnt have stellar records with down years this year which holmes have good rbs.defnse is averge at best..dh conley isnt what they used to be .. Not taking anything away for NE.ive seen Dh conley and eholmes impressed with the o but defenses not so hot gave up to many yards passing both defenses and rushing.

No point and tryn to brag about us being battle tested eapecially we didnt win those battles....just saying....i would love a upset....but i dont see it happening

Good post! darkhorse34. I like to hear your in sight on these post. I may well be wrong, but if you're are who think you are or related to whom I'm referring to. You know the game not only on the high school level, but on the Collegiate and the NFL level. I have been wrong many times. I remember seeing you and all the other Darkhorse players play in the past. In fact I played against a few good one in my days of the late 60s. I appreciate your post.

Good post! darkhorse34. I like to hear your in sight on these post. I may well be wrong, but if you're are who think you are or related to whom I'm referring to. You know the game not only on the high school level, but on the Collegiate and the NFL level. I have been wrong many times. I remember seeing you and all the other Darkhorse players play in the past. In fact I played against a few good one in my days of the late 60s. I appreciate your post.

Hey appreciate it but I dont think I am who you think yes I played in HS but college/pro nah lol but I love the game always have and continue to watch..

No point and tryn to brag about us being battle tested eapecially we didnt win those battles....just saying....i would love a upset....but i dont see it happening
i agree DH34. i would love for you guys to represent the ECC and win this game but i m not convinced you can do it. im not trying to bash Clinton in any way. im just calling it how i see it. i havent seen NE play. im just judging by how i see the Horses now compared to what i consider a real contender to look like.

i agree DH34. i would love for you guys to represent the ECC and win this game but i m not convinced you can do it. im not trying to bash Clinton in any way. im just calling it how i see it. i havent seen NE play. im just judging by how i see the Horses now compared to what i consider a real contender to look like.

Cant be top dog every year lol....upsets happen all the time in sports...our one cinderalla moment happen at Wallace and we could not finish....not bashing my team but we just aint got it this year I saw it after the EB game earlier this year...some people should wake up and smell the coffee....we all know who

Both of you have good post and views of this upcoming matchup. My opinion is who knows at this point, but if Clinton does lose. I guarantee that Northeastern will see an entirely animal against WRH. One like they haven't seen this year so far.

Cant be top dog every year lol....upsets happen all the time in sports...our one cinderalla moment happen at Wallace and we could not finish....not bashing my team but we just aint got it this year I saw it after the EB game earlier this year...some people should wake up and smell the coffee....we all know who
ikr. at the same time all you guys can do is give it all you got and hope for the upset. i have no doubt you will do that. good luck!

This is really the best time of year for HS football. What happened during the season doesn't mean much. Each team has to play their best or it's over. Is there any video of any WR games fro this season online?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT