ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton/Northeastern

Dh conley isnt the powerhouse they use to be and eholmes also next year they both will be top seeds is not dh conley a 5 seed in the playoffa Mr.davis..

No not everyone. I was at the first game and it was sloppy on both sides.

Northeastern wins this week and I do not think it will be close. If your best player is #10, it wont make a bit of difference if he plays or not. He had a nice game against an injury depleted WRH defense but did next to nothing in the ED game. If he plays defense he will be a non-factor also. Cant go sideline to sideline very well and against spread teams (NE) and he will have a tough time.

#34 is right. This is a very average Clinton team with limited athletes and limited size. I find it hard to believe that some are taking solice in beating First Flight by six points. Clinton was dominated by ED and will see more of the same this week.

#34 bob lewis after watching this film will see what he needs to do. He a legend he will have to play alt of man schemes witha spy on the qb next week cover1 man or zone will shut down any spread offense if the defense plays disciplined..
LoL...NORTHEASTERN will beat Clinton worse than Trump did!! 30+

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
U gonna play a ball control offese with clinton if u cant stop the run its gonna be a long night and clinton qb is pretty good!!!!

Reactions: dogs79
Honestly I see it being very similar too the ED game...pure adrenaline and pride keep us around for a quarter or so....then I see NE pulling away......just dont have it this year fellas it happens.....lost alot to graduation and losing a coordinator +4 guys who would be starters not playing from either transfering(Darby,Valentine,Oates) and losing Faison to a eligibility issue......Lewis even told Chris Miller of Carolinapreps this was a rebuilding year 6 wins and a probable 2nd round exit is probably bout right....alot of juniors and sophomores well be back to normal next year....this is like 1999

Reactions: daagoob
96 glad u said that about conley i guess i my assesment on another post was wrong glad someone else said the exact same thing...

Reactions: 96panther
In my opinion Clinton over achieved this year. Hats off to the coaching staff with the schedule they played and kept every game competitive excluding east Duplin game they have had a hell of a season. I know it's not the season the fans wanted but every team has a weak spot every year and this year it was up front for clinton.

Cant be top dog every year lol....upsets happen all the time in sports...our one cinderalla moment happen at Wallace and we could not finish....not bashing my team but we just aint got it this year I saw it after the EB game earlier this year...some people should wake up and smell the coffee....we all know who
wow, you've just thrown in the towel. Wake up? Most DarkHorse fans know the deal, but you know what? They're still going to play the game Friday night anyway and I for one am not going to dim those players joy. Reality can be really hardcore, but its a lesson to be learned, but no need to experience it before it happens. I haven't heard but one poster say WRH doesn't have a chance against NE. There was some that thought that way about the Horses game with WRH. Sure the Horses didn't close the deal but they dang sure competed. I think that will happen Friday, not saying they will win but they will compete and I will be proud of them because they are and will always be DarkHorses..
If that offends anyone, kiss it!

Reactions: Hoarses1
Wallace will advace by 10 their defense is crucial.and i like the fact they playing another spread offense.

Wiz, I siad upsets happen in sports all the time just look at college football yesterday who picked Auburn to beat UGA or Mississippi State to hang tough with Bama....football especially is a crazy sport so is there always a chance? Yes....all im saying is if I was a betting man I would put it on NE....if we(Clinton) pulls off the upset its not like im going to be mad hell ill be the first to get up here and say I was wrong

Hard to tell from those highlights how good NE is. They looked big, not blazing fast, but then again it’s the highlights. Didn’t see much Defense meaning the video only showed NE on offense. I think clinton hangs in there, but we will have to play a really great game. Just can’t out athlete people like we could in years past.

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Either way win or lose clinton is ECC Royalty i Will always respect that program 5 ships great achievement dont matter when u got em in the record books it says clinton 5 opponents L.just facts i rep the bulldogs of WRH but i respect The darkhorses tpo the fullest.ECC Hanging Tough 3 teams left ED,Horses,And Da Dogs!!!

Im stop being so pessimistic and get behind the team there is still going to be a game Friday night hope we have a good week of practice and get ready......Doesnt matter how many D1 prospects they have,what their rank is,and how many games they won.....still got to play the game

Im stop being so pessimistic and get behind the team there is still going to be a game Friday night hope we have a good week of practice and get ready......Doesnt matter how many D1 prospects they have,what their rank is,and how many games they won.....still got to play the game

Nice post, very true as well.

youre right, but there's also no need in putting the blinders on all the time either.

If Clinton does have that FB, that can cause some trouble up front for Northeastern. If Clinton can contain Freshwater/Walker/Hall, I think they can pull it out

Reactions: Wizard of the East
No blinders here....I understand fully we are heavy underdogs and rightfully so.....I draw alot of opinions from my playing days and I can remember a 3rd round game against Bunn in 2006....They had a guy Kerry Neal who had committed to Notre Dame and another guy Barnes who had offers from Clemson,Penn State,NC State among others....all week thats all we heard about...one of our captains said he didnt care how many stars they had next to their name that letter of intent aint going help Friday night....and it didnt....35-16 I dont think either of those guys did anything and Coop ran for 250+......still gotta play the game

I gonna say this keep seeing all this talk about this team and that team got d-1 players it doesnt matter when the team on the other side doesnt care all they there to do is win.. I promise u no matter how good u think ya offense is if the otber team has a good defense all these running qb gonna get hit ,teams like ED And Wrh and some others feast on running qb who will be hospital bound. Ask the qb that played Against ED friday night he got carted off to vidant hospital

That quote hard work beats talent when talent dont work hard.....If NE believes all they have to do is show up....could be a upset in the making....trust its easy for 15-16 year olds to get complacent especially after a undefeated regular season....trust me we know look what happened to us last year

It’s all about who shows up at the showdown. D1 athletes can be beat by 11 men who work together. Happens every year

Tiger you know about upsets....remember 2008 that Midway team ending James Kenan 28 game win streak.....gotta come to play.....Any Given Friday

SMH at some of these posts.....Clinton is average at best. Smith is a nice player but some saying he is their best player shows just how average this team is.

Has Northeastern flamed out in the playoffs before....yes. Doesn't mean they will this year. They also did play for a state title a few years ago. I like their body of work this year better than what Clinton has done. I mean come on....is Maxpreps, Simmons and the AP poll all wrong? I've seen Clinton play three times and I was not...am not impressed at all.

There are good football teams outside of the ECC. Northeastern looks to be very good. Ain't gonna be no WRH-Clinton rematch. Northeastern wins....and it ain't gonna be purdy.

And yes Wiz....i know I predicted same thing in WRH game. I also think that Northeastern beats WRH IF WRH plays the way they have 2 out of the last 3 weeks.

Clinton gets hammered......bottom line.

Cooper, Henry, Lee, McPhail and Parker ain't getting off that bus Friday night.

And if wallace plays like they played friday night they beat everybody see alot of these posters talk football but dont know the game if u did u know things change week to week..and again wrh will show everybody just who they are..if u dont know ..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT