ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton at Northside-Jax Wk 3

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Clinton travels to Jacksonville this upcoming week licking our wounds after a unfamiliar trip to the woodshed last night compliments of East Bladen.....well if your going to turn your season around it starts here....should come in motivated atleast if anything to revenge that playoff loss from a season ago....NS Jax coming off a loss to a strong New Hanover squad....Clinton will be heavy underdogs in this one...not sure what the reason was for leaving Kris Williams off defense last night but we will need him and Lesane on defense to deal with those big WRs for Northside....or maybe not if NS Jax watches film they will realize all they need to do is pound it up the gut on us.......honestly would love to see us bounce back but last night still alil to fresh in my mind......Early prediction....NS Jax wins 28-14

Reactions: cougars45
Just an observation from my standpoint of watching the game from last night Clinton looks more physical in in the T formation and could move the ball, however another thing I'd do would move Kris Williams to the halfback slot or tailback and run him to death, he is your best athlete. Then if Coach Lewis wants to run a little of the spread,then line Williams in the wildcat. Face it, the T formation is your bread and butter offense. If you gonna run the spread you gonna have to be prepared to throw it 15 to 20 times a game. The start with the that is not the Bob Lwis I know. Just my opinion and everybody has one. Good luck to y'all the rest of the season.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Just an observation from my standpoint of watching the game from last night Clinton looks more physical in in the T formation and could move the ball, however another thing I'd do would move Kris Williams to the halfback slot or tailback and run him to death, he is your best athlete. Then if Coach Lewis wants to run a little of the spread,then line Williams in the wildcat. Face it, the T formation is your bread and butter offense. If you gonna run the spread you gonna have to be prepared to throw it 15 to 20 times a game. The start with the that is not the Bob Lwis I know. Just my opinion and everybody has one. Good luck to y'all the rest of the season.
PhantomEagle, I believe I agree with you completely.

I agree good luck to yall rest of the season yall have some really talented players #2 #3 #7 #9 #34 are some players

Well Clinton is Clinton and they are always ready by playoff time.

True but go 0-4 in non conf play you leave yourself having to basically win all your conf games meaning beating both WRH and ED which at this point seem unlikely unless something changes drastically......gotta somehow find a way to beat NS Jax and Southern lee then atleast we have a better chance.......im not sure but i dont think 4-6 will get you in the 2A playoffs

I'm confident the DarkHorses will have it together Friday night at Northside . They've got the bad game out of their system!

I hope yall are right,last Friday night was definitely a humbling experience for fans players and coaches

Wont be making the trip to Jacksonville friday but ill be listening to thr broadcast.....ill probably go check out the JV on Thursday

Just a opinion but i agree with what someone said on another thread we need to settle into one offense and so far the T has been more successful than the spread for us.....keep practicing it for two min drills and if we are down multiple scores late in a game....it's something nice to keep in your back pocket,and would not mind doing it just to run QB power with Williams....but we have great running QB,a 260 pound Fullback and some pretty solid runners in AJ Williamson,Zion Autry,Jahiem Fasion,and Khari Williams.....lets just do what we do best RUN......just my opinion if Lewis decides to keep on with the spread thats fine he is a hall of famer for a reason

Just a opinion but i agree with what someone said on another thread we need to settle into one offense and so far the T has been more successful than the spread for us.....keep practicing it for two min drills and if we are down multiple scores late in a game....it's something nice to keep in your back pocket,and would not mind doing it just to run QB power with Williams....but we have great running QB,a 260 pound Fullback and some pretty solid runners in AJ Williamson,Zion Autry,Jahiem Fasion,and Khari Williams.....lets just do what we do best RUN......just my opinion if Lewis decides to keep on with the spread thats fine he is a hall of famer for a reason

You've got to be able to block for the run from the T, from the spread or anything else.

Off subject, but any updates on Skinner college career?

Scored a TD in his intra squad scrimmage....heard from a family member he earned a starting position they had another scrimmage Saturday have not heard anything first official game this Saturday

Did anyone else notice that Clause didn't play defense Friday? Maybe it was just me.

I noticed and i was wondering why?....EB beat us to the edge twice and i was thinking Clause would of stopped that but oh well.....he is your best athlete why is he not on the field

Not an expert by any means .but my opinion spread or T or anyother offense you have to be committed to execution fine to have a different scheme in your pocket for a hard time but Clinton is Clinton because they are able to execute a high level. 3 well executed plays can get you a long way .(Ihave seen Clinton beat teams to sleep with 2or3)Clinton has a great coach, program, and support they will be fine with either offense just perfect one and go Lewis is capable of getting them together if anyone is . I would look for a much different team this game

Not sure Clause would have made that much of a difference on defense unless he was on the D-Line. East Bladen had only two pass attempts and both were intercepted. We have to get more of a push from the front seven.

Not sure Clause would have made that much of a difference on defense unless he was on the D-Line. East Bladen had only two pass attempts and both were intercepted. We have to get more of a push from the front seven.

Screen pass was complete on a key 3rd down cornerback missed tackle then safety was latr coming over to help so that turned into a huge gain......a couple big runs to the outside safety could not make the tackle in the backfield(Clause would have) then that last TD saftey basically got flatten by the EB runner.....Williams makes alot of plays from the safety position not always interception but coming down and making tackles we needed him out there

Yes to have any success both offensive and defensive lines must be better it starts with them

Yes pretty sure the Coach will be gone

I find it hard to believe....He had to know what the consequences would be doing that.....i feel like no one cant be that dumb but some peoples tempers get the best of them......who knows but if it is true he probably will be gone

If i was a parent i would be beside myself....leaving a kid at away game....like thats crazy.....if the Coach felt disrespected or felt kid was lying about a injury why not just punish him in practice extra sprints,grass drills or something but kicking him off the team and leaving him at the school...thats crazy i hope its not true but if it is he doesn't deserve to Coach

Reactions: Hoarses1
I'm pulling for the Horses in this one but may be a tough task this week. We lost a tough one to Clinton a few years ago in the mud bowl in High Point late in the playoffs, but have dominated NS Jacksonville in the playoffs. Good news for NS Jax kids and parents this week though, they won't have to worry about their coach leaving any kids behind since the game is at home for them.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Doubt they play this one tonight....Clinton on a bye next week so im sure we would have no problem with this one being played Saturday or Monday

Reactions: Hoarses1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT