ADVERTISEMENT

AC Reynolds vs Chambers

That's how they've always played. Just out "athleted" their opponents. Usually lined that defense up and just "balls to the wall" hammer down.

That's how most of those Charlotte schools are. When you come up against an athletic fundamental team that can execute things happen. Look at Dudley versus South Point last night. All powerful Dudley gave up 74 points.

Fundamental football wins in the end if you have the athletes. That's why we've been so successful. Athletes plus fundamentals and discipline can't be stopped. Every successful college and NFL team plays that way.

Congrats Rockets!!! That just may have been the state championship tonight!
Too much innuendo for my taste. Chambers has been very disciplined and well coached for the past 7-8 years. Now this year there was a talent and coaching dropoff. Hard to make 5 straight ships , muchless 4 straight winning 2 w/o being well coached. It's just funny when SP got whipped 35-0 last year i assume they still played hard nose fundamental football right? Cardinal Gibbons, and mooresville lost too, but no slander on their coaching staff?

Dudley and Chambers have been two of the better coached teams in the state especially Dudley. U give up 74 when your team over achieves the talent and is very fundamental but runs into a more talented team. SP QB is a great athlete and was the BIG difference in that game.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
A couple of things. In the states I’ve followed high school ball, mountain teams haven’t been in the top tier of teams. Same here. Reynolds was obviously the better team tonight as they won the game. Is Reynolds one of the top two or three 4A teams in the state? No. Independence and Butler are still in there. Grimsley and Catholic are still competitive. But 4A is coming down to Hough or East Forsyth now that Chambers is out of it.
I don't disagree at all in regards to mountain teams typically being weaker and typically exposed when they enter into the Piedmont to play. But I also look at ACR differently than I do most mountain teams. They are extremely well coached and have won multiple state championships and field good teams year in and year out. It's all about match ups. Being the better team sometimes doesn't mean anything if you exploit a weakness with a strength of your own.

And we all know Hough is gonna Hough at some point.

Yep. My opinion stands.
I guess I am confused on your opinion on AC Reynolds. They have been pretty good for years and they just beat Chambers. I think that proves they are one of the top teams in 4A

I guess I am confused on your opinion on AC Reynolds. They have been pretty good for years and they just beat Chambers. I think that proves they are one of the top teams in 4A
Let’s focus on this season. I said historically mountain teams aren’t among the best. I also said that Reynolds isn’t one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the state. They are one of the top teams in 4A this year by virtue of making the playoffs. I also said they were the better team tonight because they won the game. Anything can happen but do I think Reynolds can make a run to a state title? In my opinion, no…not having to battle through the west. I still say Hough and East Forsyth are the remaining top teams and what I would consider favorites. It’s my opinion. No more or less valid than anyone else’s. To play well enough at home for one game to squeak out a one point win is one thing. To continue through the western gauntlet which includes Independence, Grimsley, Butler, Charlotte Catholic, East Forsyth and Hough is quite another. Reynolds has been home early. The rest of the way would include possibly both home and away games.

Let’s focus on this season. I said historically mountain teams aren’t among the best. I also said that Reynolds isn’t one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the state. They are one of the top teams in 4A this year by virtue of making the playoffs. I also said they were the better team tonight because they won the game. Anything can happen but do I think Reynolds can make a run to a state title? In my opinion, no…not having to battle through the west. I still say Hough and East Forsyth are the remaining top teams and what I would consider favorites. It’s my opinion. No more or less valid than anyone else’s. To play well enough at home for one game to squeak out a one point win is one thing. To continue through the western gauntlet which includes Independence, Grimsley, Butler, Charlotte Catholic, East Forsyth and Hough is quite another. Reynolds has been home early. The rest of the way would include possibly both home and away games.
The inference being on your post that mountain teams aren’t top tier teams and Reynolds was the better team “tonight”. You came off rather dismissive hence the confusion. From a overall talent standpoint Chambers is better than the teams you mentioned yet Reynolds beat them. If you think East Forsyth and Hough is better than fine but they are just as good as the other teams you mentioned. If Reynolds is not in that group there has to be a reason other than them being a “mountain” team.

Dude I could care less about Chambers. I know little about their team nor do I care to. I have no ill will toward them at all. I'm oldschool, hard-nosed and respect of any game goes a long way with me. I'm not a fan of urban school football in most cases.

what is "urban school football"?

I've never heard of that.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
I’ve been to probably 30 games at AC Reynolds. That is very likely the worst away crowd I have ever seen.

Them Chambers folks run their mouths like the Dudley crowd. Both got shut up. Way to go AC Reynolds’s and South Point. Hard nose fundamental football beats backyard football.
What's backyard football and why wouldn't Chambers and Dudley be able to talk after both their recent success? Whether you like or don't like how they do it the best way to shut them up is do what AC just did. I'll wait until you explain what "backyard" ball is before I continue.
What do you mean by that? The spread isn't backyard football.
I asked the same. 2 respected programs who've had recent success that many programs would kill for had the right to talk as they did whether you liked how they did it or not. AC and Southpoint did what you're supposed to do to quiet them. You beat them. I'm waiting for the backyard explanation as well.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
That's how they've always played. Just out "athleted" their opponents. Usually lined that defense up and just "balls to the wall" hammer down.

That's how most of those Charlotte schools are. When you come up against an athletic fundamental team that can execute things happen. Look at Dudley versus South Point last night. All powerful Dudley gave up 74 points.

Fundamental football wins in the end if you have the athletes. That's why we've been so successful. Athletes plus fundamentals and discipline can't be stopped. Every successful college and NFL team plays that way.

So when Dudley dusted

So what was it last year when Dudley curb stomped SP 38-0? What those fundamentals or lack thereof you claim for Dudley/Chambers do for those teams last year? My team EF built much like Chambers kicked AC Reynolds butt and Dudley dusted SP. I don't like the implications in what's said. Both these programs have superb coaching and even superb staffs sometimes make bad decisions don't mean all of a sudden they can't coach. You win and lose sometimes that simple. Smh.

So when Dudley dusted

So what was it last year when Dudley curb stomped SP 38-0? What those fundamentals or lack thereof you claim for Dudley/Chambers do for those teams last year? My team EF built much like Chambers kicked AC Reynolds butt and Dudley dusted SP. I don't like the implications in what's said. Both these programs have superb coaching and even superb staffs sometimes make bad decisions don't mean all of a sudden they can't coach. You win and lose sometimes that simple. Smh.
Always consider the source, and who you’re talking to. NotTheTruedynasty has the football IQ of a flea. He’s been showing up on the 4A board trolling and saying ignorant Shiggady for years. It’s therapeutic for him, and it’s an outlet for his low self esteem, and little man complex. He’s actually crying out for help. Gotta feel sorry for the Shelby kids, having an imbecile like him/her hanging around the program. Preaching little trophy 🏆 over education. 🤷🏾‍♂️

What If I told you in August Independence & Butler would be playing in mid November Then Chambers & Mallard Creek would be at home watching! 👀
After the brackets came out. I could say, definitely possible. I did believe Chamber’s would pull it out, in a close one. It’s always tough beating a top team twice.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
After the brackets came out. I could say, definitely possible. I did believe Chamber’s would pull it out, in a close one. It’s always tough beating a top team twice.
Not after the brackets. If I made the general statement in August... People would've LOL

Not after the brackets. If I made the general statement in August... People would've LOL
Gotcha! I’ve been saying all year, nobody’s safe. The Butler’s, CC, and Independence of the world can take out any team in the State, if they’re able to hang around.

Absolutely but again, it has a ton to do with conferences and playoff draws. Chambers or MC get either one of those draws I believe they are still playing.

In the end I don't think it matters much. None of the 4 are winning a title. All 4 were good teams, not great.

Independence got an overated Olympic, chambers got AC on the road. Butler got Mooresville, and MC got Hough. Id say the bracket/conference shake up had more to do with the results as Hough would beat Indy and Butler especially in a rematch set.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
What If I told you in August Independence & Butler would be playing in mid November Then Chambers & Mallard Creek would be at home watching! 👀
Butler was just in the west 4A final the season before last (spring 2021). Butler playing in mid November isn’t the biggest shock. I knew Indy would be good but not this good. Nepsy was high on both teams prior to the season. I thought Butler would be really good next year but dangerous this year.

So why did Chambers not go for two after their last TD? And why not save the TO at the end instead of icing the kicker?

How do you know little about Chambers, but aren’t a fan of them for being “urban,” SP? Charlotte football, cool, but urban?

Stereotyping there.
Never said I wasn't a fan of Chambers because they are an urban school. Said I wasnt particularly a fan of urban football period. Has nothing to do with Chambers. Twist my words how you want.

Reactions: mrhonda
An urban area, or built-up area, is a human settlement with a high population density and infrastructure of built environment.

Charlotte, GB, Raleigh.... Urban areas

Not a fan of Carolina Panthers and NC State either I guess, them being urban football and all.

Too much innuendo for my taste. Chambers has been very disciplined and well coached for the past 7-8 years. Now this year there was a talent and coaching dropoff. Hard to make 5 straight ships , muchless 4 straight winning 2 w/o being well coached. It's just funny when SP got whipped 35-0 last year i assume they still played hard nose fundamental football right? Cardinal Gibbons, and mooresville lost too, but no slander on their coaching staff?

Dudley and Chambers have been two of the better coached teams in the state especially Dudley. U give up 74 when your team over achieves the talent and is very fundamental but runs into a more talented team. SP QB is a great athlete and was the BIG difference in that game.
You answered your own question here. SP's QB was injured on the first drive in last years 38-0 loss and never returned to the game. Made a huge difference. Enough of a difference to overcome a 38-0 loss, no. But Dudley doesnt win in that fashion if he was healthy.

Always consider the source, and who you’re talking to. NotTheTruedynasty has the football IQ of a flea. He’s been showing up on the 4A board trolling and saying ignorant Shiggady for years. It’s therapeutic for him, and it’s an outlet for his low self esteem, and little man complex. He’s actually crying out for help. Gotta feel sorry for the Shelby kids, having an imbecile like him/her hanging around the program. Preaching little trophy 🏆 over education. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Keep up the personal attacks.
The moderators are watching.

• Haha
Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Just so that I’m clear, the team (ACR) that has no chance is advancing despite all the gurus who posted at length about how their scouting reports said Chambers was far superior?
Shocking!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT