ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Reidsville Rams

Ok, pal…schools are NOT paying kids to go to school. The private school league accepted a policy stating that the athletes can benefit off of their name, image, and likeness…meaning…endorsement deals, sponsorships, but not money from schools directly. Just read the policy.

Reactions: InfoMan25
Ok, pal…schools are NOT paying kids to go to school. The private school league accepted a policy stating that the athletes can benefit off of their name, image, and likeness…meaning…endorsement deals, sponsorships, but not money from schools directly. Just read the policy.
Is/Has Providence Day started a collective like is being used in colleges where the collective can pay the athlete directly a “salary” for his/her time at the school??

It hasn’t officially happened yet.
I'm going to take the optimist route and assume Kendre runs it back one more year. If not, the Rams still have Neal, J9, Jones and Cobb who r all D1 caliber. I really think Neal has inside track to QB if he was slinging the rock at the UNC 7 on 7. He has the athleticism and decision making to be deadly at QB. Cobb at RB and J9 and Jones at WR is enough to keep any D Coordinator up at night. Defense wouldn't be as solid without Neal holding down a corner spot and locking down the best opposing WR each week though. Cobb at LB, J9 at Safety and Jones at DB doesn't leave the cupboard bare from playmakers on that side of the ball. 4 our of 5 o-line come back w the addition of the possible McMichael transfer. Rams should still be favored in 2A IMO. If Kendre laces it up for the Rams one more time, it's a shoe in.

German style bruh.
Socks and crocs…just one of many tools that a man needs to aid in resisting temptation….. it’s the toughest one… for studs. Y’all know!

Resisting temptation is the truest measure of a man’s character in my opinion.

Happy for Harrison if he is happy.

Hating it for Reidsville….I didn’t see another center listed…but Scales looks like he is the same height or close to it.

Socks and crocs…just one of many tools that a man needs to aid in resisting temptation….. it’s the toughest one… for studs. Y’all know!

Resisting temptation is the truest measure of a man’s character in my opinion.

Happy for Harrison if he is happy.

Hating it for Reidsville….I didn’t see another center listed…but Scales looks like he is the same height or close to it.
Scales is probably the center but Jones can fill a stat sheet w rebounds and blocks. Jones usually guards the other teams best offensive player in round ball.

I'm going to take the optimist route and assume Kendre runs it back one more year. If not, the Rams still have Neal, J9, Jones and Cobb who r all D1 caliber. I really think Neal has inside track to QB if he was slinging the rock at the UNC 7 on 7. He has the athleticism and decision making to be deadly at QB. Cobb at RB and J9 and Jones at WR is enough to keep any D Coordinator up at night. Defense wouldn't be as solid without Neal holding down a corner spot and locking down the best opposing WR each week though. Cobb at LB, J9 at Safety and Jones at DB doesn't leave the cupboard bare from playmakers on that side of the ball. 4 our of 5 o-line come back w the addition of the possible McMichael transfer. Rams should still be favored in 2A IMO. If Kendre laces it up for the Rams one more time, it's a shoe in.

Yeah, this isn’t set in stone I don’t think. You gotta think that news was already known. Someone in Charlotte had just leaked it to the world. He was with the team and I know all of them knew as well. But as long as he does what’s best for him. Cam doesn’t play db, he will play a little olb. As for Neal. If Kendre leaves, I don’t like Neal at qb full time. Although he is the best option

Reactions: wolfpackjj78
I posted this on the 4A board also but this thread definitely needs a little understanding.
Reading all of these posts on this site on the various boards from different posters show that the majority do not truly understand what NIL really is or stands for. Posters are confusing NIL which is Name, Image, Likeness with Collectives, Directives, and a school outright paying a student athlete.
NIL- is basically the means or ability to financially capitalize from your name, image, and likeness being used.
Collectives- are entities that are separate from the actual school that is usually comprised of alumni, businesses, boosters, and donations that are used under the NIL to facilitate deals for student athletes.
Directives- Individual athlete deals with a business or brand that pays a student athlete for marketing influence so that brand can sell more product hopefully.
NIL just allow the student athlete to earn money with Collectives and Directives. The catch with Directives that many aren’t understanding with high school athletes is that you have to be at least 18yrs old to sign a legally binding contract in this country which hurts the Directives part of NIL for most high school student athletes. I hope this helps someone understand NIL a little better.

I agree that NIL and Collectives are different but most colleges now have collectives that as long as they are not affiliated with the university just negotiates a “salary” for the players in turn for the ability to have them sign autographs and maybe do some appearances!! Since there really isn’t any way to police NIL players have taken advantage of the loose terminology of NIL and have gone straight to the collectives.. And believe me when some kids go on their visit especially players in the transfer portal their first meeting is with someone from the collective before they even step foot on campus to speak with a coach.. So most kids don’t even have their name, image and likeness used during their time at their particular school

Reactions: shutdownD24
I agree that NIL and Collectives are different but most colleges now have collectives that as long as they are not affiliated with the university just negotiates a “salary” for the players in turn for the ability to have them sign autographs and maybe do some appearances!! Since there really isn’t any way to police NIL players have taken advantage of the loose terminology of NIL and have gone straight to the collectives.. And believe me when some kids go on their visit especially players in the transfer portal their first meeting is with someone from the collective before they even step foot on campus to speak with a coach.. So most kids don’t even have their name, image and likeness used during their time at their particular school
True and the Collectives are the most controversial aspect of NIL and definitely needs some rules in place for them. This is where players are basically being bought when those schools with ultra wealthy alumni are funding those things. The lines are definitely blurred and overlap with a schools athletic department when “technically” by rule the Collectives are suppose to be separate. This is the dilemma the NCAA has found itself in trying to police this thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohio tarheels
Ok y’all realize TN sued the NCAA already about this and won earlier in the year. A player as the right to know his value before he signs

And in my opinion opening up NIL to all high schools doesn't solve any issues. You'll just end up creating a class system in which some schools have major benefits because of financial situations in the community while others will struggle because of lack of financial funding of the communities. I personally do not like nil in college sports but I can understand the argument in it. College programs bring in millions to hundreds of millions off sports programs in which these athletes play A part so I definitely can understand the argument. But in high school this isn't and won't be the case for public schools or private schools outside of maybe 1%. So there should be no argument on why NIL shouldn't be in high school sports unless you're part of a community or program that knows they can buy top talent and championships.

Last edited:
And in my opinion opening up NIL to all high schools doesn't solve any issues. You'll just end up creating a class system in which some schools have major benefits because of financial situations in the community while others will struggle because of lack of financial funding of the communities. I personally do not like nil in college sports but I can understand the argument in it. College programs bring in millions to hundreds of millions off sports programs in which these athletes play A part so I definitely can understand the argument. But in high school this isn't and won't be the case for public schools or private schools outside of maybe 1%. So there should be no argument on why NIL shouldn't be in high school sports unless you're part of a community or program that knows they can buy top talent and championships.
See I disagree. I don’t think it’s fair a public kid can’t get NIL though. Let’s say a have a successful business like a restaurant. Why shouldn’t I be able to give a NIL deal to the star player on the team. He can make social media post or wear a t shirt about my business in return he gets some money. Y’all would be ok if the player was bussing tables and playing football to earn some money I bet.

See I disagree. I don’t think it’s fair a public kid can’t get NIL though. Let’s say a have a successful business like a restaurant. Why shouldn’t I be able to give a NIL deal to the star player on the team. He can make social media post or wear a t shirt about my business in return he gets some money. Y’all would be ok if the player was bussing tables and playing football to earn some money I bet.
You are looking at it through a Nirvana world where everything's perfect and just but that's not this world. This world is perverted and corrupt. You're looking at it as a kid throwing a little social media and having some spending money in his pocket for taking his girlfriend out on the weekend but in the real world the people behind this are looking to buy the top players and put together IMG like programs buying championships and publicity. We already have a test example with college sports and that is what high school will become with NIL. Sometimes you just have to cut the finger off to save the hand. Well I may be more willing to move on my opinion if you limit the most a kid can receive in total would be a couple hundred a week or maybe just during a sports season. But it would have to be the same amount limit for every kid and no more than a couple hundred total

Like many things going on in this world today NIL at the college and high school level is insanity. We've lost all sense of fairness and reason when it comes to amateur athletics. The genie is out of the bottle so I fear it can't be put back but unless this nonsense is stopped, athletics as we have come to know and love will cease to exist. Throw the college transfer portal in there too. Someone said it. Loyalty exist no more except to one's self. Sad state of affairs.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
You are looking at it through a Nirvana world where everything's perfect and just but that's not this world. This world is perverted and corrupt. You're looking at it as a kid throwing a little social media and having some spending money in his pocket for taking his girlfriend out on the weekend but in the real world the people behind this are looking to buy the top players and put together IMG like programs buying championships and publicity. We already have a test example with college sports and that is what high school will become with NIL. Sometimes you just have to cut the finger off to save the hand. Well I may be more willing to move on my opinion if you limit the most a kid can receive in total would be a couple hundred a week or maybe just during a sports season. But it would have to be the same amount limit for every kid and no more than a couple hundred total
That where you are wrong. I’m not talking about top players in the country the best of the best. They are going to get there money off NIL. If I live in a rural area or even a nice sized town. If I own a business I should be able to give a kid a NIL deal if I want to.

What gives the right to limit what somebody is willing to pay you for NIL. You can’t do that. Like TN collective thought Nico was worth 8 million for his NIL since California allowed high schools players to make money off there NIL.

What was the test example in college. Nothing has happened. The games are still great and the 12 team playoff is going to make it better. The only thing that changed is that a coach making millions of dollars a year is going to have to recruit his roster year round now. Why you think Saban got out he doesn’t have complete control of the player now.

That where you are wrong. I’m not talking about top players in the country the best of the best. They are going to get there money off NIL. If I live in a rural area or even a nice sized town. If I own a business I should be able to give a kid a NIL deal if I want to.

What gives the right to limit what somebody is willing to pay you for NIL. You can’t do that. Like TN collective thought Nico was worth 8 million for his NIL since California allowed high schools players to make money off there NIL.

What was the test example in college. Nothing has happened. The games are still great and the 12 team playoff is going to make it better. The only thing that changed is that a coach making millions of dollars a year is going to have to recruit his roster year round now. Why you think Saban got out he doesn’t have complete control of the player now.
Look at Coleman Hawkins went to Kansas State because they were the highest paying. Pretty much the only thing that mattered in his decision making. A lot of kids won't step foot on college campuses until they know what to collective is offering them in payment. You have basically created a class system in college were smaller universities will never compete. Instead of kids finding the best fit for their talent or their future they're selling their selves to the highest bidder. And high school will be worse because all area are not financially equal. And then you have conferences with super teams beating down on other teams, what do you tell those teams, work harder get stronger or bigger and maybe another team will pay for you to come play there ?? Because if you get too good we'll never be able to keep you on our team. And lastly the resentment that it was sows on a team when one player get paid and other kids are out there just doing it for the Love of the game.

Last edited:
Look at Coleman Hawkins went to Kansas State because they were the highest paying. Pretty much the only thing that mattered in his decision making. A lot of kids won't step foot on college campuses until they know what to collective is offering them in payment. You have basically created a class system in college were smaller universities will never compete. Instead of kids finding the best fit for their talent or their future they're selling their selves to the highest bidder. And high school will be worse because all area are not financially equal. And then you have conferences with super teams beating down on other teams, what do you tell those teams, work harder get stronger or bigger and maybe another team will pay for you to come play there ?? Because if you get too good we'll never be able to keep you on our team. And lastly the resentment that it was sows on a team when one player get paid and other kids are out there just doing it for the Love of the game.
Ok you went basketball. A kid that was at Illinois for several years and went to the portal. If he went to the highest bidder than good for him. Chaz Lanier went to Tennessee and took less money in NIL. Kentucky and BYU were offering over a million. It’s not like KSU is terrible at basketball.

Ok you went basketball. A kid that was at Illinois for several years and went to the portal. If he went to the highest bidder than good for him. Chaz Lanier went to Tennessee and took less money in NIL. Kentucky and BYU were offering over a million. It’s not like KSU is terrible at basketball.

He would've been perfect at unc though lol

Reactions: SHS LION
Tyson def starts this fall, also UNC lost out on a couple of others because of NIL. The SEC schools loaded up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT