ADVERTISEMENT

Week 2: Reidsville @ Page

Nope, a lot of schools started doing this once things opened up after the pandemic and then on top of that things are just evolving.
not very convenient for fans...especially older guys like me that aren't joined to the hip with those damn phones...to hell with it....................
@New3ra You are correct. Cabarrus County does it, too, since the pandemic.

@rambbq it does suck! I’m sure you will have to use the Ticket Spicket app. Not only do you have to purchase the tickets online, you will then have to let them confirm the purchase at the game. Still close interaction, but it’s not a hand to hand transaction. Annoying!

Never mind! Just noticed the Page poster provided a link. Maybe, it’s simpler. Still annoying though, when you can make a 30 second transaction, and be done with it.

Last edited:
I’m not implying anything, who’s the better team or whatever, because “styles does make fights”, but the Rams always seem to beat Page worse than Dudley, so on the outside looking in, I expect much of the same.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I’m not implying anything, who’s the better team or whatever, because “styles does make fights”, but the Rams always seem to beat Page worse than Dudley, so on the outside looking in, I expect much of the same.
Last season Dudley’s starting Qb didn’t play the first game so it was closer. Also they always play first and there’s a ton of penalties. Lastly, they are so close and have been playing one another for years so they know each others plays like their own. Dudley’s head coach started off at page. The games will more than likely always be close except for a few years. I made my pick on this game though just based off of the fact page is still rebuilding. If this game was played before this new regime it would be a different story.

Anyone go to the 2009 2AA State Title game?
Reidsville Rams (16-0) vs. Newton-Conover Red Devils (14-2)

Who on here is the biggest Reidsville diehard? and would be interested in a 2009 NCHSAA Football Championship Magazine and press box game day notes packet. Halftime, 3rd Quarter, Final Quickie Stat Sheets, as well as a packet with Final Scoring Summary, Team Stats, Individual Stats, Drive Chart by teams, Play-by-Play Summary, and Individual Awards Ceremony Winners sheet.

If you want this stuff, let me know, just buy me a Coca-Cola Classic at the concession stand and we can call it even.
TGT and DHAG (who rarely posts) are the go to guys on this....they both will be in the press box tonite (I'm pretty sure).....know that they would be interested in the stuff...............................................

Reactions: PagePirates44
Last season Dudley’s starting Qb didn’t play the first game so it was closer. Also they always play first and there’s a ton of penalties. Lastly, they are so close and have been playing one another for years so they know each others plays like their own. Dudley’s head coach started off at page. The games will more than likely always be close except for a few years. I made my pick on this game though just based off of the fact page is still rebuilding. If this game was played before this new regime it would be a different story.

Not saying your wrong. But on the flip side Coach Roberston coached at Reidsville and was the head coach, him and coach teague are also really close. He probably knows more about Reidsville than Dudley.

Always seem? I mean, It's not like we play Reidsville every year like we do Dudley... we only played them last year.....

Reactions: New3ra
TGT and DHAG (who rarely posts) are the go to guys on this....they both will be in the press box tonite (I'm pretty sure).....know that they would be interested in the stuff...............................................
I'll stop in the press box and give it to @TGT
Thanks for letting me know!

Radar shows it will be gone between 6:30 and 7 but still going to make things more wet

Wow, what a ball game! Came into this one not so confident, especially with what happened last year and with how last week went. It felt like Page was doing some right things early, but Reidsville capitalized on some big plays to go up 14-3. Page tried a FG attempt when it was 7-3 and it was blocked, very next play was a 80 yard TD catch and run to make it 14-3 at the half. But, Page was pounding the ball and, we noticed, the Rams started getting a bit gassed halfway through the 2nd quarter. We felt like if we could keep it going in the 2nd half and get some turnovers, like we did, it would be a close game. Page was able to punch in some touchdowns and later in the 2nd half was able to get some big chunk runs on a tired Reidsville defense. I think Page's depth showed up for the first time in quite a few years and capitalized on a 22-14 victory. Reidsville has one heck of a program and we respect the heck out of those young men and coaches up hwy29. A pretty big statement win and program builder for Page.

I didn’t see the fight we need in last year game at Shelby. I also didn’t see the fight tonight vs page. We keep folding when things get tough. Someone tell me if they see it any different. 20 offsides just about. Something is a miss here. We maybe ok later on but will learn even more against eastern alamance in couple weeks.

Reidsville 8 6 0 0 -- 14
Page 3 0 6 13 -- 22

R - Al Lee 1 run (Queshyne Flippen pass from Dionte Neal), 8:59 first quarter
P - Tylar Elliott 34 field goal, 3:44 first quarter
R - Tamir Johnson 80 pass from Lee (run failed), 10:23 second quarter
P - P.J. Thompson 1 run (pass failed), 4:46 third quarter
P - Thompson 6 run (run failed), 11:37 fourth quarter
P - Maurice Andrews 26 run (Elliott kick), 7:19 fourth quarter

Yea so does that mean we can’t be ready too? Just because another team has a great game plan against us don’t mean shouldn’t be able to compete and last 2.5 quarters this game wasn’t much of a competition. Didn’t take a great coach to see we couldn’t stop the dive up the gut.

Reidsville defense definitely gassed ... Page had ball 41 plays to Reidsville's 17 in the first half and kept the ball until 3 minutes were left in the third quarter. But Rams' defense has a foot full of holes from shooting themselves in it repeatedly. Physical mistakes are one thing but the mental lapses are deflating and extra costly. Encroachment spelled with a capital E (for Errors) tonight.

Despite all that, Rams were still in the game in the closing minutes, until the second Page pick of the night sealed it.

Plaudits to coach Rob and the Pirates for their determined effort that produced a huge win.

I'll post the time of possession numbers after I receive the stats from DHag.

Last edited:
Yea so does that mean we can’t be ready too? Just because another team has a great game plan against us don’t mean shouldn’t be able to compete and last 2.5 quarters this game wasn’t much of a competition. Didn’t take a great coach to see we couldn’t stop the dive up the gut.
It's not like Reidsville didn't compete because they definitely did, and the offense over there has weapons and is pretty scary. Page was just able to cover some things up on defense and used their speed to try and negate those big play opportunities. Page's defense showed up in the 2nd half. That very first drive where the Rams went down the field and scored in like 4 plays had me pretty worried early, and then the 80 yard TD after the blocked FG also had me worried. But we put the clamps on after that.

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong. Congrats to Page but Reidsville only 3 plays last 3 quarters was screen fade and run up the middle. Wasn’t too hard to defend that. We have way too much talent to look the way we did tonight. When up 14-3 I told my crew we were in trouble because we couldn’t stop the dive. Yalls RB is still running

Don’t get me wrong. Congrats to Page but Reidsville only 3 plays last 3 quarters was screen fade and run up the middle. Wasn’t too hard to defend that. We have way too much talent to look the way we did tonight. When up 14-3 I told my crew we were in trouble because we couldn’t stop the dive. Yalls RB is still running

It was a big problem in last years game. We made some adjustments.

I for sure thought that Reidsville was going to score a TD late when Page gifted those two personal fouls on late downs on that 2nd to last drive. We were biting nails pretty hard at that point... Those interceptions to seal it were huge.

When the NG is 150lbs with pads on the dive is a great play to run.

Congratulations to Page. Lots of things we need to fix. Doug coached a helluva game

Well, we’ve been waiting on this.
The perfect teaching moment.

We will stretch a little, but not really.
The point will be made.
The point we have made for decades.

Chambers played “up” this week. They lost.
Hough played “up” last week. They lost.
Mallard Creek played “up” this week. Lost.
Weddington played “up” this week. Lost.
Dudley played “up” this week. They lost.
Shelby played “up” this week. They lost.
Reidsville played “up” this week. They lost.

The top teams in the State, across classifications, played “up” this week (or last), and they all lost.
But every losing coach will tell you, it will make them better….for the season.
The loss will expose the weaknesses, with time to correct or adjust to them.

“So what?”, you ask. Most understand that, correct?
No, they don’t.
We have had the biggest arguments and most aggressive abuse trying to make this point, primarily to the 4A crowd, but also to 3A and 2A folks as well. Play “up”, it will make you better. “But 4A can’t play “up” “, they said.
They just did. And lost.
Powerful Indy, at their finest, played “up” in Ohio. And lost.

Some thought, play it safe, schedule cupcakes for non conference, go undefeated, and you will get the highest seeds, and now, perhaps a bye.
Some still think that way.
It is past time for strength of schedule to be considered in year end seeding.
We will not hold our breath.
But finally, many are starting to see the great value there is in scheduling non conference play against a team that may be better than you.

Want more proof?

There is a high school football program in NC that has been playing “up” forever.
Many years, 40% of their schedule has been against teams from higher classes. Some years, it was over 50%. Many years, including this year,
scheduled teams 2 classes “up”.
That program has won more games and more State Titles in the last 60 years than any other.
They have won 92% of games within their class.
The closest other program of any class is at 80%.
But in only 3 of those seasons were they undefeated.

Now you know why.

The point will be made.

The top teams in the State, across classifications, played “up” this week (or last), and they all lost.

No, they don’t.
We have had the biggest arguments and most aggressive abuse trying to make this point, primarily to the 4A crowd, but also to 3A and 2A folks as well. Play “up”, it will make you better. “But 4A can’t play “up” “, they said.
They just did. And lost.

Some thought, play it safe, schedule cupcakes for non conference, go undefeated, and you will get the highest seeds, and now, perhaps a bye.
But finally, many are starting to see the great value there is in scheduling non conference play against a team that may be better than you.

Want more proof?

There is a high school football program in NC that has been playing “up” forever.
Many years, 40% of their schedule has been against teams from higher classes. Some years, it was over 50%. Many years, including this year,
That program has won more games and more State Titles in the last 60 years than any other.

Now you know why.
I told someone last week. If we have to play Shelby this year, at least we have 12-13 weeks to get better.

Side note

0. Number of MY views and posts of Shelby topics.
11,312. Views and posts of Reidsville topics by 98 champion and friends.

Rent free.

First time in many years, make that decades, that the Rams were both outplayed and outcoached in the same game. Curb Stomped Plus.

One stat that will not appear: Rams Flippen is one of the state's best deep receivers. He was not targeted beyond the line of scrimmage until 49.6 SECONDS remained in the game. And that was a desperation heave. Unreal.

Biggest head scratcher was the Rams apparently do not have a five man front in their defensive schemes. Zero adjustments on defense after Page kept pounding away at the four man front.

Page's Doug Robertson is one of North Carolina's premier coaches, and I'm not writing this just because he is kin. The man just knows how to put together a game plan. Hats off to him and the Pirates for a great win. Most impressive.

First time in many years, make that decades, that the Rams were both outplayed and outcoached in the same game. Curb Stomped Plus.

One stat that will not appear: Rams Flippen is one of the state's best deep receivers. He was not targeted beyond the line of scrimmage until 49.6 SECONDS remained in the game. And that was a desperation heave. Unreal.

Biggest head scratcher was the Rams apparently do not have a five man front in their defensive schemes. Zero adjustments on defense after Page kept pounding away at the four man front.

Page's Doug Robertson is one of North Carolina's premier coaches, and I'm not writing this just because he is kin. The man just knows how to put together a game plan. Hats off to him and the Pirates for a great win. Most impressive.
And a class guy.

The point will be made.

No, they don’t.
They just did. And lost.

Want more proof?

Now you know why.
I don't think Shelby can give anybody any advice. We just got the worst beating I have ever seen.
We had no answer on defense against AC and offense was not much better. We have a lot of work to do to get anywhere near Reidsville.

That being said, Flippen was targeted many times in the 2nd half trying to get him out into space with running room, Page just did a great job of bottling him up. There were a couple rushing attempts in there too, I remember a misdirection end around.

That being said, Flippen was targeted many times in the 2nd half trying to get him out into space with running room, Page just did a great job of bottling him up. There were a couple rushing attempts in there too, I remember a misdirection end around.
Have you been to Jostens to get fitted for your State Championship ring yet? Your acting like you won it last night! Congratulations bro but move on 🙄😂😊

Have you been to Jostens to get fitted for your State Championship ring yet? Your acting like you won it last night! Congratulations bro but move on 🙄😂😊
Well when you've been dragged into the mud like our program has before Coach Rob came in, you'd understand the excitement of winning one against one of the best programs in the State of NC... let me live a little my dude. :)
That match up between Flippen vs Blackwell was a spectacle!

Well when you've been dragged into the mud like our program has before Coach Rob came in, you'd understand the excitement of winning one against one of the best programs in the State of NC... let me live a little my dude. :)
That match up between Flippen vs Blackwell was a spectacle!
I’m just messing around bro! It was a great game! To the victor goes the ability to talk!!
Enjoy!! Until next year 😡

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT