ADVERTISEMENT

Week 2: Reidsville @ Page

Well when you've been dragged into the mud like our program has before Coach Rob came in, you'd understand the excitement of winning one against one of the best programs in the State of NC... let me live a little my dude. :)
That match up between Flippen vs Blackwell was a spectacle!

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. They were battling. Dionte Neal (15) Freshman and Blackwell both play with the cp3 aau program.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Looking over the stats from the game, Page held Flippen to -7 total yards.
Rams had 177 yards of total offense.
Page defense looking darn solid this year.

Reactions: PagePirate1989
Looking over the stats from the game, Page held Flippen to -7 total yards.
Rams had 177 yards of total offense.
Page defense looking darn solid this year.
Wow, impressive! Flippen is a td waiting to happen anytime he touches the ball.

You have to throw him the ball before he can get yards or tds. The -7 is from BS screens and some lame attempt to hand the ball of to him.
He was covered well. Any decent team will cover him and make your other weapons have to do something.

He was covered well. Any decent team will cover him and make your other weapons have to do something.
Blackwell didn’t cover him one time by himself but Flippin guarded him alone at times. Blackwell played outside LB and SS to help out the corners at times keeping him bracketed. That was a smart move by the coaching staff. The best defense on keeping him from many catches though was that line of scrimmage. Can’t get the ball if the quarterback doesn’t have time to throw it.

The screen play is fine 2-3 times a game but not 7-15 times. It gets increasingly hard to block for after the defense has seen it a few times. Also I do not understand the logic in running it to the short side of the field everytime.

Reactions: New3ra
Blackwell didn’t cover him one time by himself but Flippin guarded him alone at times. Blackwell played outside LB and SS to help out the corners at times keeping him bracketed. That was a smart move by the coaching staff. The best defense on keeping him from many catches though was that line of scrimmage. Can’t get the ball if the quarterback doesn’t have time to throw it.
Right, I posted earlier that Soph. Jackson Hester played corner, but he actually was at FS. He played well. Blackwell played SS/OLB, so it was going to be tough to see him go one on one with Flippen. I said this before the season started, and ill say it again, Page's line play on both sides is going to be better than most people expected.

Reactions: New3ra
Right, I posted earlier that Soph. Jackson Hester played corner, but he actually was at FS. He played well. Blackwell played SS/OLB, so it was going to be tough to see him go one on one with Flippen. I said this before the season started, and ill say it again, Page's line play on both sides is going to be better than most people expected.
Line play is great this year, they really get after it. I may sound a little bias because I know him but Christian brown is one of my favorite players on the defensive line. I knew they were returning a lot on the offensive line so I knew they would be better than most expected.

Rams might as well get used to the QB not having time to throw it and adopt some type of offense like Hendersonville has run the past two years with the QB rolling out of the pocket most plays cause I don't see this OL containing a good defensive front much like last year.

Line play is great this year, they really get after it. I may sound a little bias because I know him but Christian brown is one of my favorite players on the defensive line. I knew they were returning a lot on the offensive line so I knew they would be better than most expected.
Christian Brown is another promising looking sophomore. He lived in the Reidsville backfield on Friday. 6'0 210
He had a few carries at RB too.

Rams might as well get used to the QB not having time to throw it and adopt some type of offense like Hendersonville has run the past two years with the QB rolling out of the pocket most plays cause I don't see this OL containing a good defensive front much like last year.

QB had time to throw, he just chose to bail a few times early

It tells you you're smart and have a shot to win 2a. Reidsville knows who they are and don't schedule Buford Georgia like some teams and get smoked. Reidsville has won lots of championships with weak schedule.

The series is 1-1 now. I'm not sure if Page is still on the schedule next season or not, but hopefully we can break the tie next season.

The series is 1-1 now. I'm not sure if Page is still on the schedule next season or not, but hopefully we can break the tie next season.
actually the Reidsville/Page games go back a ways......1959..Reidsville 13 Page 12......................1960..Reidsville 12 Page 7.............1961.. Page 32 Reidsville 0.....1962 Reidsville 3 Page 0........1971..Page 41 Reidsville 6..........1972..Page 20 Reidsville 7.......then the Reidsville win last year and the Page win this year brings the record to Reidsville 4 wins......Page 4 wins.................I'm probably one of the few people that actually saw all 8 of these games.....Mule maybe but I think he was in the service or at college in the early 1960's games.......

actually the Reidsville/Page games go back a ways......1959..Reidsville 13 Page 12......................1960..Reidsville 12 Page 7.............1961.. Page 32 Reidsville 0.....1962 Reidsville 3 Page 0........1971..Page 41 Reidsville 6..........1972..Page 20 Reidsville 7.......then the Reidsville win last year and the Page win this year brings the record to Reidsville 4 wins......Page 4 wins.................I'm probably one of the few people that actually saw all 8 of these games.....Mule maybe but I think he was in the service or at college in the early 1960's games.......

I know they've played before. I'm just talking about the last 2 years.

Sounding like 2ndToNone/98Champs

How that work out for ya?
Page owns the series against East Forsyth, I'd have to go back and look at the history sheet I have somewhere but its something like 34-13-1.
Page and Butler have met 4 times, and Butler leads 3-1. Page's victory was in the 2011 4AA playoffs en route to the state title, knocking off the then defending champ Bulldogs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT