ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Reidsville Rams

200.gif

And just like that the Short Sugar gang fell out into their tapioca puddin

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
This is why I didn’t like the idea of either sharpe or Neal at qb
All jokes aside because this sucks for yall....

But here's a question? What are the chances Sharpe or Neal (especially Neal in Bball) follows him???? Hope this doesnt start a new trend but OF COURSE It will... These privates are about to explode even more than they already are

Honestly, how much money could these kids make at these private schools??
What’s to keep a NIL group that’s not really associated with a university giving him NIL money. Spyre out of Knoxville was going to represent Nico even if he hadn’t went to TN.

All jokes aside because this sucks for yall....

But here's a question? What are the chances Sharpe or Neal (especially Neal in Bball) follows him???? Hope this doesnt start a new trend but OF COURSE It will... These privates are about to explode even more than they already are

I don’t think-so. This is a huge loss don’t get me wrong. But I think people forget, cam jones a lot of div one offers, Dionte Neal the same and j9. Not to mention jariel Cobb has a lot of division one offers at running back.
The rams are still a very talented team

And honestly think we shoulda made a bigger push to play a bigger non conference opponent. We don’t have a bad non conference, but a Dudley match up or someone of that nature would’ve been perfect.
Our basketball team would’ve likely been the preseason best in the state and a top 25 team in the country:

Reactions: Champ_24
You knew this would happen eventually-a big time star going to a private school so he can get some NIL $. (if it happens in this case). I wonder how much $ is actually in play for private school NIL? I do think this is only due to happen for big time names like Harrison. Crazy that this is a part of the high school world now.

Reactions: Incognito75
I think if Harrison is leaving, it's even more important for our QB to be one of our best athletes. I'd say Neal or J9 definitely needs to he QB if Harrison does leave. Them playing QB outweighs the loss of their value at a skill position.

You knew this would happen eventually-a big time star going to a private school so he can get some NIL $. (if it happens in this case). I wonder how much $ is actually in play for private school NIL? I do think this is only due to happen for big time names like Harrison. Crazy that this is a part of the high school world now.
Going rate is $100K+

Reactions: RammanuelKant
I think if Harrison is leaving, it's even more important for our QB to be one of our best athletes. I'd say Neal or J9 definitely needs to he QB if Harrison does leave. Them playing QB outweighs the loss of their value at a skill position.

I think the opposite of what you said. I don’t think he is a 100% gone yet either, as he was just with the team at the unc 7 on 7’s

Let's hope he stays. Lots of decisions to be made yet.

What I think happened is someone in the Charlotte camp leaked it. But a lot of this was already known to a lot of people in reidsville. Chad Grier is their head coach he’s known the be a good salesman

I think many of the Reidsville fans need to let this young man and his family make the best decision for THIS young man’s future without interference. There is already things coming out about some of these over zealous Rams fans harassing the kid and his family since this story was leaked. ADULTS have gone from praising the kid to calling him a sellout because he wants to explore options that many of them never achieved is wild to me.

I think many of the Reidsville fans need to let this young man and his family make the best decision for THIS young man’s future without interference. There is already things coming out about some of these over zealous Rams fans harassing the kid and his family since this story was leaked. ADULTS have gone from praising the kid to calling him a sellout because he wants to explore options that many of them never achieved is wild to me.

I’m reading the same stuff you’re reading. Most of those people aren’t reidsville fans. It was maybe one or two reidsville fans I seen make questionable comments. I think you’re mostly being dramatic. He does need to make the best decision for him.You say nothing about the tons of love that was shown as well

Matter of fact one of the people questioning him was the ex coach of burns.

I’m reading the same stuff you’re reading. Most of those people aren’t reidsville fans. It was maybe one or two reidsville fans I seen make questionable comments. I think you’re mostly being dramatic. He does need to make the best decision for him.You say nothing about the tons of love that was shown as well

Matter of fact one of the people questioning him was the ex coach of burns.
I’ve seen the FB posts but that is not what I was referencing. The person who texted me is definitely in the know and a Reidsville fan. He told me this move was a possibility weeks ago and the reasons why. When I seen Harrison playing basketball with Team Loaded Virginia in Spring 2023 I knew privates were going to bombard him with opportunities. Team Loaded is an Adidas sponsored program on the circuit. I know this year he and Neal are with CP3 a Nike sponsored circuit team. His development on the football side in the past year, NIL, and his moving up the rankings in both sports really opened the flood gates for privates and other opportunities to come in. I definitely understand the need to get him out of his hometown for a number of reasons. My point still stands, this is a decision for him and his family regardless of how others feel.

And yes he has gotten bombarded with calls and text messages about why.

I’ve seen the FB posts but that is not what I was referencing. The person who texted me is definitely in the know and a Reidsville fan. He told me this move was a possibility weeks ago and the reasons why. When I seen Harrison playing basketball with Team Loaded Virginia in Spring 2023 I knew privates were going to bombard him with opportunities. Team Loaded is an Adidas sponsored program on the circuit. I know this year he and Neal are with CP3 a Nike sponsored circuit team. His development on the football side in the past year, NIL, and his moving up the rankings in both sports really opened the flood gates for privates and other opportunities to come in. I definitely understand the need to get him out of his hometown for a number of reasons. My point still stands, this is a decision for him and his family regardless of how others feel.

And yes he has gotten bombarded with calls and text messages about why.

Ok, I know nothing about calls and text. The Facebook stuff isn’t that bad and that’s what I was referring to. I still say a lot of people are showing him love as well . But , I agree he needs to do what’s best for him, just like we all make decisions what’s best for us

Ok, I know nothing about calls and text. The Facebook stuff isn’t that bad and that’s what I was referring to. I still say a lot of people are showing him love as well . But , I agree he needs to do what’s best for him, just like we all make decisions what’s best for us
He needs to make all the money he can before he decides what his best path is for a pro sport. You never know what might happen during his athletic career before he goes to college or during college. People have to remember you are talking about one of the best athletes in the country. I just hope he is a Vol with George MacIntyre or Faizon Brandon throwing TDs to him in Neyland.

Reactions: nwguilford007
He needs to make all the money he can before he decides what his best path is for a pro sport. You never know what might happen during his athletic career before he goes to college or during college. People have to remember you are talking about one of the best athletes in the country. I just hope he is a Vol with George MacIntyre or Faizon Brandon throwing TDs to him in Neyland.
Harrison is in a very unique situation for today’s sports era. There have obviously been great dual sport and triple sport athletes before but Harrison is fortunate enough to be one in the NIL era. He has the potential to be worth millions if he continues to live up to the hype as a two way athlete well before even stepping on a college campus. Gentlemen we are indeed in a new era of sports and sports marketing. Athletes and their families have to think and move differently.

Reactions: Appvol
And honestly think we shoulda made a bigger push to play a bigger non conference opponent. We don’t have a bad non conference, but a Dudley match up or someone of that nature would’ve been perfect.
Our basketball team would’ve likely been the preseason best in the state and a top 25 team in the country:
Could’ve scheduled IMG, wouldn’t matter. This will happen more since the state of North Carolina has an agenda to make public schools less and less attractive.

Harrison is in a very unique situation for today’s sports era. There have obviously been great dual sport and triple sport athletes before but Harrison is fortunate enough to be one in the NIL era. He has the potential to be worth millions if he continues to live up to the hype as a two way athlete well before even stepping on a college campus. Gentlemen we are indeed in a new era of sports and sports marketing. Athletes and their families have to think and move differently.
Let me try to explain this the way a coach explained it to me.
1. There is no NIL deal. That will have to be brokered by an individual with a predetermined percentage and, in some cases, a percentage of future earnings and bonuses. That is a slippery slope where only a lawyer can clarify the legalize. Lawyer and Broker = 15 to 25 % of the NIL money.
in his words, Providance can't afford to reward him and not the other 5 stars on the team. Grier won't play that game
2. Taxes on 100,000 are going to be approximately 34,000
3. Medical insurance required to play approximately 900.00 a month.
4. Housing in Charlotte 1500.00 to 2000.00 a month.

All of a sudden, one hundred thousand becomes 36,000

Now, here is where I was intrigued: the suggestion was that someone should personally pay for a future return.
In other words, give him 100,000 thousand to live on now and have him sign an agreement where the financer gets a percentage of his first three deals. One could turn a hundred thousand into 5 to 6 million easily within the next 5 years. Is anybody willing to front that money?

Seems to me a big risk for only 36K

I am good w Diontae at QB. I am supportive of whatever decision Kendre makes. Reidsville still has more D1 talent on this team than I can ever remember. Diontae literally just picked up a UNC football offer. I was hoping Kendre would run it back one more year but i also understand y he would explore the NIL waters.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
1. There is no NIL deal. That will have to be brokered by an individual with a predetermined percentage and, in some cases, a percentage of future earnings and bonuses. That is a slippery slope where only a lawyer can clarify the legalize. Lawyer and Broker = 15 to 25 % of the NIL money.
in his words, Providance can't afford to reward him and not the other 5 stars on the team. Grier won't play that game

Now, here is where I was intrigued: the suggestion was that someone should personally pay for a future return.
In other words, give him 100,000 thousand to live on now and have him sign an agreement where the financer gets a percentage of his first three deals. One could turn a hundred thousand into 5 to 6 million easily within the next 5 years. Is anybody willing to front that money?

That's sorta of how I was looking at 100k.

What if they give him free housing down there….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT