ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Reidsville Rams Preseason Discussion

Well he still might be coming, I just haven't heard anything. He would fit in nicely with j9 and neal though, I hope they give it a chance.
I agree. That would still be a very talented lineup. Still one of the best in all 2a

Pretty sure we will find out who the starting QB is tonight. That is going to determine a lot and have a ripple affect throughout the lineups on both sides of the ball.

East Forsyth beat Reidsville 30-7. J9 started at QB but Neal and Johnson player there too. Reidsville's only score was a Sharpe TD pass to Dionte Neal. Reidsville had problems all game today and against eastern guilford with snapping the ball, I lost count of how many times the ball was snapped over the QB's head. Definitely the biggest thing we need to work on.

East Forsyth beat Reidsville 30-7. J9 started at QB but Neal and Johnson player there too. Reidsville's only score was a Sharpe TD pass to Dionte Neal. Reidsville had problems all game today and against eastern guilford with snapping the ball, I lost count of how many times the ball was snapped over the QB's head. Definitely the biggest thing we need to work on.

I think the starting center left the team

• Wow
Reactions: wolfpackjj78
One of the keys is to settle in on a QB. That alone will help a center because different QBs have a different cadence and rhythm which causes penalties and not getting off the ball properly. One clear QB also let's everyone else settle into their role. Platooning at QB just doesn't make sense and detracts from game flow and overall performance.

so what's the deal at center.?..most schools would have a back-up center that knows how to snap...obviously the kid was thrown into a bad situation....seems elementary to me that you would have a back-up that can snap it pretty accurately.........

so what's the deal at center.?..most schools would have a back-up center that knows how to snap...obviously the kid was thrown into a bad situation....seems elementary to me that you would have a back-up that can snap it pretty accurately.........
The problem was we converted a guy that had only played guard to center instead of actually playing one of the back-up centers. Not very logical in my opinion

The problem was we converted a guy that had only played guard to center instead of actually playing one of the back-up centers. Not very logical in my opinion
Yeah we are going to have to roll with who’s actually played center before. Gengler is a solid player though and should play a lot of offense and defense

Yeah we are going to have to roll with who’s actually played center before. Gengler is a solid player though and should play a lot of offense and defense
Yes, he especially impressed me in the state championship last year. But we should keep him at guard and play a one of the back ups like Tannar McKinney or Chris Kelly there.

Don’t panic yet. East Forsyth is loaded this year. Top 10 4A team with ex-Walkertown QB and Tar Heel signed Bryce Baker at the helm.
Eastern Guilford will be Dudley’s primary challenger on Triad 3A this year.

Rams are 2A strong!

Not very good. Lost 30 to 7, if you were keeping score. East Forsyth broke a couple long td catches, Got a safety. Sharpe threw a nice pass to Neal for our only TD. Cobb looked good running the ball. It rained during entire scrimmage. Center snapped ball over QB head a few times kept offense in hole all night.

doesn't sound too promising for the season but the comp was tough....Rams obviously overranked by Maxpreps at #1....
What???? We are going to TEAR HEADS OFF! Dionte Neal at QB is another level!!’ Jabril Cobb is one of the best RBs in the state! Dionte is now the best athlete in the NCHSAA!! We have D1s on that field!! We lose a star? We’ve never had anything like Dre! Our Defensive line is way more stout! Yall just say shit! Cadence Pruitt 18 is a ABSOLUTE STUD!!!!! He will stop the run and get to the QB fast and STRONG! J9 and Cam Jones? 1100 yards 9 TDs! He’s major D1!! 6’4 big strong! Route runner! Blocker! We man handled WA just experimenting! Secondary led by a 16 interception Junior! Who just put up a stat line that has him as PO WEEK 1 candidate! 2 TD passing 12-14 88 yards! 6 carries for 81! A INT returned 34 yds! A 90 yard KO return and a Punt Return? Cobb? 8 carries 118 1 TD! Cam? Deadly! Screen to the house!!’ We start them Reidsville screens back up!!! Sports Illustrateds 5 things to know about NC football…1 Weddington has a defense! 2. REIDSVILLE HAS A QB! ! 3 was Rolesville! We have a unit!!! State Champs!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT