ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro Football 2024-25

Anybody have any updates on how the scrimmage vs DH Conley went today?

If that rumor is true. I don't know anything about Tarboro staff. Would their be a Coach on staff that would be qualified to be the next HC? And keep Tarboro legacy going into the right direction.
I'd think Ricky Babb would be a good fit, but Tarboro has still has Reams, Cox and Weinstein in the background to help things along. Craddock has been on record saying if not for those guys, he wouldn't have been the success he is. As long as someone at the administrative offices doesn't decide to hire some hot shot outsider, I think it would be a relatively smooth transition...assuming the rumors about Craddock leaving are true.

Interesting quote from the Wilson Prep coach in the paper today.

“For me, it’ll be a fail year if we don’t win it all and we’re excited about that opportunity of getting to the Eastern final and I’m praying that is Tarboro,” Dickens said. “But my biggest goal out the gate is to get homefield advantage. I want them to come to the Tiger Den. And so that’s what we’re fighting for and why the early nonconference games are going to be big for us too. So, that’s the goal. The first goal is to get that homefield advantage and the ultimate goal is to win the state championship.”https://restorationnewsmedia.com/ar...erge-as-1-a-east-threat/?pubid=thewilsontimes

“For me, it’ll be a fail year if we don’t win it all and we’re excited about that opportunity of getting to the Eastern final and I’m praying that is Tarboro,” Dickens said. “But my biggest goal out the gate is to get homefield advantage. I want them to come to the Tiger Den. And so that’s what we’re fighting for and why the early nonconference games are going to be big for us too. So, that’s the goal. The first goal is to get that homefield advantage and the ultimate goal is to win the state championship.”https://restorationnewsmedia.com/ar...erge-as-1-a-east-threat/?pubid=thewilsontimes
I saw that lol. It’s too early to be thinking about that honestly…Week one for Tarboro. The focus is on Rocky Mount!

Tarboro football is focused on Rocky Mount at this time. Wilson prep needs to worry about who is in their schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan

Be careful what you wish for right. I don't know why he's saying that. Punk ass school and a punk ass coach

I think Havelock may beat Tarboro.... Giving Wilson prep homefield advantage and then Tarboro blows em out on their home field

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I dont buy the hype either but they will be in the final 4 most likely and get smashed by tarboro.... Then the next 4 years it will be robbinsville vs Wilson prep state championships with robbinsville winning all 4

I dont buy the hype either but they will be in the final 4 most likely and get smashed by tarboro.... Then the next 4 years it will be robbinsville vs Wilson prep state championships with robbinsville winning all 4
Robbinsvillie will manhandle them in all likelihood.

Have any of you Tarboro fans seen the video on WRAL interviewing Wilson Prep HC? He stated that a Tarboro coach that was on Staff for 15 to 16 years will be joining Wilson Prep Staff. Wilson Prep seems to be all excited about the season. Could they give Tarboro a run for their money? Any thoughts?

• Haha
Reactions: Tarheel1990
Have any of you Tarboro fans seen the video on WRAL interviewing Wilson Prep HC? He stated that a Tarboro coach that was on Staff for 15 to 16 years will be joining Wilson Prep Staff. Wilson Prep seems to be all excited about the season. Could they give Tarboro a run for their money? Any thoughts?
Yea he was. Reese also played back in 98 as QB when they played for a state championship also

Yes we had a coach from Tarboro go to Wilson prep. As undisciplined as they are I don't see it. As for the Vikings, they are focused on Rocky Mount at this time. One week at a time, one game at a time. I will leave off with this in regards to Wilson prep, "those who talk the most, have done the least"

Can you post the link?

Even if Tarboro takes an L to Havelock, they’ll still get the 1 seed in the East 🤷🏾‍♂️
Apparently u forgot about how I said I just assumed Wilson prep had a cupcake schedule(which u liked by the way)... If Wilson prep went undefeated which is what I was thinking originally didn't know they played farmville central BC they didn't last year... And y'all lost to Havelock Wilson prep would have gotten the 1 seed. That's all I was saying... Dont know why it was brought up again when I practically said my bad y'all r right I didn't realize they had a tough schedule. Best of luck to Tarboro this year hope y'all win it all

Yes we had a coach from Tarboro go to Wilson prep. As undisciplined as they are I don't see it. As for the Vikings, they are focused on Rocky Mount at this time. One week at a time, one game at a time. I will leave off with this in regards to Wilson prep, "those who talk the most, have done the least"
I know the focus this week is RM. But do you know if Hertford Co. still has that athletic QB they had the last couple of seasons? I recall he gave the Vikings some problems even though Tarboro still won those games. But I remember the scores being shootout type scores. Both teams racking up points and the Vikings just getting more than the Bears could manage. It is nice to see Havelock on the schedule. That should be a good one and it will be nice to see the Vikings get a tough test that will only help them later in the season. SWE might also be a good game. They seem to be up and down from season to season. But when they are good, I know they can be a handful. Especially with that being a rivalry game.

I know the focus this week is RM. But do you know if Hertford Co. still has that athletic QB they had the last couple of seasons? I recall he gave the Vikings some problems even though Tarboro still won those games. But I remember the scores being shootout type scores. Both teams racking up points and the Vikings just getting more than the Bears could manage. It is nice to see Havelock on the schedule. That should be a good one and it will be nice to see the Vikings get a tough test that will only help them later in the season. SWE might also be a good game. They seem to be up and down from season to season. But when they are good, I know they can be a handful. Especially with that being a rivalry game.
I do know that Hertford doesn't have the QB. And i believe Hertford will be down this year. Southwest will be loaded this year. Tarboro has 2 tougher opponents on their schedule.

Reactions: fitguync30
Hertford will be down this year IMO. They graduated a very strong senior class. They do have a good wide receiver coming back that's about all I know they have returning.

Reactions: fitguync30
Apparently u forgot about how I said I just assumed Wilson prep had a cupcake schedule(which u liked by the way)... If Wilson prep went undefeated which is what I was thinking originally didn't know they played farmville central BC they didn't last year... And y'all lost to Havelock Wilson prep would have gotten the 1 seed. That's all I was saying... Dont know why it was brought up again when I practically said my bad y'all r right I didn't realize they had a tough schedule. Best of luck to Tarboro this year hope y'all win it all
And I stand by what I said…Even if we take an L to Havelock IMO we will still get the #1 seed b/c of our strength of schedule but 🤷🏾‍♂️.

Wilson Prep loses opening game against Ayden Grifton….so much for their dreams of Tarboro going to the Tigers den this year

Maybe hold that thought. I’m seeing two different scores now. One of them said Wilson prep won. Not sure which is right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT