ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Reidsville Rams

You had to know it would become accepted in high school, NIL in my opinion has ruined college athletics and now transferring schools just for notoriety and being associated with the bigger names is just ok. It's a sad state of affairs. If you are good enough at your sport, it don't matter where you play, they will find you. Loyalty is out of the window and all that is promoted is personal gain.

NIL just brings to light what was going on in the dark forever.

You had to know it would become accepted in high school, NIL in my opinion has ruined college athletics and now transferring schools just for notoriety and being associated with the bigger names is just ok. It's a sad state of affairs. If you are good enough at your sport, it don't matter where you play, they will find you. Loyalty is out of the window and all that is promoted is personal gain.
The two main defenses for NIL (for college at least) is that these schools have made an absurd amount of money from athletics for years and years, mostly from football and basketball, and the players putting their bidies on the line and generating all that revenue for those schools weren't seeing a dime. There's also the fact that coaches can leave at any time for what they deem a "better" situation, so why shouldn't the players be allowed the same? Kalen DeBoer made the national championship with Washington this past year and then dropped everything when Alabama came calling, and understandably so.

Reactions: Chopper747

It would make you feel better if they went door to door selling cub scout cookies and hosting car washes to raise money?

I dont see the issue, if they can work at Bill and Tom's BBQ Hut they can get money for their image being purchased by other people. I dont get some of the logic you guys peddle.

It's not NIL itself but certain entities may be abusing it. That's NOT the kid's fault.

Reidsville's administration (Principal/AD) needs to figure out how to get the weight program right or Reidsville will not be in any conversations moving forward. Teague is the only coach in the county not in the weight room with his athletes-in fact- probably one of only a handful the state not with his athletes. There is no weightlifting occurring during school hours because the teachers hired to run it are not versed in that area and they spend weightlifting shooting basketball. Allegedly, Teague is too important as a math teacher. Maybe we will soon be known as the Math Capitol of North Carolina.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Reidsville's administration (Principal/AD) needs to figure out how to get the weight program right or Reidsville will not be in any conversations moving forward. Teague is the only coach in the county not in the weight room with his athletes-in fact- probably one of only a handful the state not with his athletes. There is no weightlifting occurring during school hours because the teachers hired to run it are not versed in that area and they spend weightlifting shooting basketball. Allegedly, Teague is too important as a math teacher. Maybe we will soon be known as the Math Capitol of North Carolina.
I think pure speed and the portal will always keep Reidsville in conversation.....

Bur really I did not know that he wasn't in the weight room?? that is crazy. what football coaches are in the PE department?

Your comment history suggests you have issues with Reidsville. Can you show us on the doll where they hurt you?

Reactions: tarheel fan1

Why don’t you help bring a math teacher to reidsville

Last edited:
I do sense some hate for Reidsville but it doesn’t make much since why the head football coach isn’t in gym
That's what you hear about from the schools that get in trouble. Even our ex sorry excuse was in the weight room Well sometime. Look at the schools that didn't heard that was Elkins problem. Of course holder wasn't in there either but he had Taylor and price

That's what you hear about from the schools that get in trouble. Even our ex sorry excuse was in the weight room Well sometime. Look at the schools that didn't heard that was Elkins problem. Of course holder wasn't in there either but he had Taylor and price
Get in trouble what you mean?

Get in trouble what you mean?
That begin to wonder what happened. Then all of a sudden the kids aren't there or at other schools. They are playing the non revenue non tough sports. Probably never be a problem at Reidsville. I doubt their men's soccer team is very good. But maybe it is. Who knows they might not even have swimming I don't know. But a lot of these schools you see just a lack of toughness. I think that has a big thing to do with the coach head coach not being in the weight room.

That begin to wonder what happened. Then all of a sudden the kids aren't there or at other schools. They are playing the non revenue non tough sports. Probably never be a problem at Reidsville. I doubt their men's soccer team is very good. But maybe it is. Who knows they might not even have swimming I don't know. But a lot of these schools you see just a lack of toughness. I think that has a big thing to do with the coach head coach not being in the weight room.

The soccer team has made the post season the last two years I think, or at least once, and is probably the best two year span in program history.

• Love
Reactions: Rammer16
I do sense some hate for Reidsville but it doesn’t make much since why the head football coach isn’t in gym

It makes perfect sense, because they hired a math teacher and not a PE teacher to be the coach.

I get why it could be a positive to have a HC coaching weight lifting all day, but I dont think it's as big a negative as made out to be. I cant speak on what happens or doesnt happen in the actual weight lifting class, but I know that most guys play multiple sports year round that weight train, and those that dont utilize the after school lifting hours.

It makes perfect sense, because they hired a math teacher and not a PE teacher to be the coach.

I get why it could be a positive to have a HC coaching weight lifting all day, but I dont think it's as big a negative as made out to be. I cant speak on what happens or doesnt happen in the actual weight lifting class, but I know that most guys play multiple sports year round that weight train, and those that dont utilize the after school lifting hours.
Well lets be honest...They hired a football coach LOL not a math or PE teacher. It's the football capitol of NC not the teaching capitol

I know a good weightlifting coach. But reidsville would be a pay cut. And he is likely at his last assistant gig. Maybe if his dad wins the lottery tonight. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Ultimately Reidsville is still a school and education should come first to all of these kids anyways. I think the requirement to take weight lifting as a football player actually brought my weighted (no pun intended) GPA down (could have impacted scholarships or school admittance, who knows). There are plenty of opportunities for kids to lift in Spring and Summer workouts. If Teague was hired as a math teacher, he should teach math. A high school education is much more important to a lot of these kids than a state title is. Sorry if I ruffle feathers. I'm sure the weight lifting class is still manned by someone who is meeting the proper curriculum. Education should still be the priority here.

Ultimately Reidsville is still a school and education should come first to all of these kids anyways. I think the requirement to take weight lifting as a football player actually brought my weighted (no pun intended) GPA down (could have impacted scholarships or school admittance, who knows). There are plenty of opportunities for kids to lift in Spring and Summer workouts. If Teague was hired as a math teacher, he should teach math. A high school education is much more important to a lot of these kids than a state title is. Sorry if I ruffle feathers. I'm sure the weight lifting class is still manned by someone who is meeting the proper curriculum. Education should still be the priority here.
Grimsley actually has an AP weight training class which helps GPA and football.....with your mindset you should definitely come to NW Guilford county Cause that is exactly how most people think up this way and I don't agree. If you can learn a good work ethic and respect is way more important than any AP math class

Reactions: roughtrader4444
Grimsley actually has an AP weight training class which helps GPA and football.....with your mindset you should definitely come to NW Guilford county Cause that is exactly how most people think up this way and I don't agree. If you can learn a good work ethic and respect is way more important than any AP math class
AP Math in high school actually taught me a lot of work ethic and how to properly study. It prepared me to succeed in college scholastically. Not sure what you have against an educational mindset. A high school is for education first and foremost. I'm a huge Reidsville fan, played football and am a proud alum, but my high school curriculum prepared me for college which allowed me to gain something that will never be taken away. My college degree is on a wall right beside my State Championship football ring. Both are huge achievements in my life. High School's primary purpose is education. I do agree playing football improves work ethic and the ability to work as a team, but it is still secondary to education.

AP Math in high school actually taught me a lot of work ethic and how to properly study. It prepared me to succeed in college scholastically. Not sure what you have against an educational mindset. A high school is for education first and foremost. I'm a huge Reidsville fan, played football and am a proud alum, but my high school curriculum prepared me for college which allowed me to gain something that will never be taken away. My college degree is on a wall right beside my State Championship football ring. Both are huge achievements in my life. High School's primary purpose is education. I do agree playing football improves work ethic and the ability to work as a team, but it is still secondary to education.
what was your major?

I am really enjoying this thread on education vs a great high school football program.

My Father was a high school Agriculture teacher who also taught History and English. Coached basketball and baseball for several years.

In his Agriculture class, each test paper had two scores on it. One for content and one for English. His saying was you may want to be a farmer, but that does not mean you necessarily want to be uneducated.

My two sons each played college sports (one was football and one was wrestling). One is now an accountant and one is a CPA. Want to guess which they will spend the vast majority of their lives doing?

While I really believe weightlift class can be VERY important to them and the success of the school's athletic programs, in the long run I am pretty sure EDUCATION should come first.

impressive….I’m sure those math classes def did help you….lol but for us 80 percent blue collar workers a good work ethic and respect goes a lot further than an AP calculus class
Work ethic and respect will go far no matter what the color of the collar. High school football definitely played a role in teaching me to finish what you start. The year before we won a state title, we lost to Lincolnton in the first round of the playoffs at home. That loss was monumental for us the next year and played a role in us reviving the Reidsville juggernaut. It basically taught me that even a failure can propel you towards something bigger and better in the grand scheme of things. Education and athletics both played large roles in my life. No doubt.

Work ethic and respect will go far no matter what the color of the collar. High school football definitely played a role in teaching me to finish what you start. The year before we won a state title, we lost to Lincolnton in the first round of the playoffs at home. That loss was monumental for us the next year and played a role in us reviving the Reidsville juggernaut. It basically taught me that even a failure can propel you towards something bigger and better in the grand scheme of things. Education and athletics both played large roles in my life. No doubt.
What year were you at Reidsville? I have been following with my dad a while and was just curious….very possible I saw you play….I just don’t remember losing in first round. Again not calling you a liar because some of those early years I was so young I didn’t know what was going on half the time lol but last time I remember a first round loss by rams was to Randleman in 2011 I believe

Reactions: Lion Attack
What year were you at Reidsville? I have been following with my dad a while and was just curious….very possible I saw you play….I just don’t remember losing in first round. Again not calling you a liar because some of those early years I was so young I didn’t know what was going on half the time lol but last time I remember a first round loss by rams was to Randleman in 2011 I believe
lost to Randleman in first round in 2010.....in 2011 lost Kinston on a last second td in the East regional final.........

I hated calculus, everytime I took it!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT