ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville come get this crow

Your obsession with Shelby is just plum pitiful. You’re the only Ram fan who showed no emotion losing to East Duplin. As soon as the clock hit zero, you drove home, and continued your obsession with Shelby, when everyone else was discussing the game. Even tarheel fan took a couple of days away from this site, obviously disappointed in the results of the game. Not you, though. You drove 20 miles over the speed limit just to get home and obsess over Shelby. While stopped at all red lights, you checked the forums to see if the champs posted anything. Just pitiful!
You don't know what you are talking about. I am the one don't know what do this Friday night. You done got used to it, been a month for you. I am gonna have withdrawal . I might get old and tired like you for a while.

I’m sorry but for some reason this morning I find “Not having a field house this year hurt too” as hilarious for not having a successful season…
Maybe that’s just me though 🤷‍♂️

You must not have played football or ever shared a locker room with teammates. There is a certain comradery or "gelling" that occurs between the team. The Shelby program had to use the baseball fieldhouse, swimming pool locker room, as well as other places on campus this year as locker rooms. All divided up. Never, outside of the game and practice field, did they have the opportunity to goof off and bond all together in a single location. That can certainly have an effect on a team. I have fond memories of chilling with my teammates in the locker room. Was this the reason we imploded this year? No but it was one of many things that challenged the season.

Once completed, it will be the pinnacle of high school fieldhouses in North Carolina, just like the Shelby football program itself.

You must not have played football or ever shared a locker room with teammates. There is a certain comradery or "gelling" that occurs between the team. The Shelby program had to use the baseball fieldhouse, swimming pool locker room, as well as other places on campus this year as locker rooms. All divided up. Never, outside of the game and practice field, did they have the opportunity to goof off and bond all together in a single location. That can certainly have an effect on a team. I have fond memories of chilling with my teammates in the locker room. Was this the reason we imploded this year? No but it was one of many things that challenged the season.

Once completed, it will be the pinnacle of high school fieldhouses in North Carolina, just like the Shelby football program itself.
You must not know much about teenagers…
They don’t need a building to bond…
But hopefully they are impressed by your shiny new stuff..
Ok hopefully all the people who are living through teenagers exploits are impressed with it…👍

We didn't have to write any checks, our boys came to play and pushed the rams all over the field. And something else y'all weren't counting on was our defense putting pressure on the QB, and it was obvious the QB didn't know how to handle it.

Hmmmmmm that referee from Duplin County that threw the pass interference though.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
That call still has me mad. But I knew they were going to throw the flag when I heard the duplin crowd.
How do you think we felt when the White Hat blew the fumble call close to the goal line??? They replayed it time and time again on the monitors and it showed the ED Guy was clearly down before the ball came loose!!! Unfortunately we don't use instant replay in high school, therefore there will ALWAYS be questionable calls.

How do you think we felt when the White Hat blew the fumble call close to the goal line??? They replayed it time and time again on the monitors and it showed the ED Guy was clearly down before the ball came loose!!! Unfortunately we don't use instant replay in high school, therefore there will ALWAYS be questionable calls.

I’ve already gave you guys your props. But that’s what I said about the game and it stands.

I stated before. The fumble and the pass interference were good calls.
No doubt RR90! The fumble was a fumble as Nizaya was not on the ground and still moving forward when #2 made a hell of a play ripping it away. #2 had a great game. The hold on the same drive was a hold as we wrapped around and grabbed some jersey. Gaby's fumble was clearly caused by the ground. The PI call for ED was PI as Reidsville made contact before the ball got there and didn't get head around at all. And finally the onside kick went 9 to 9 1/2 yards when Reidsville fielded it. Refs had a great day on a game that was chock full of very close and weird plays.

Reactions: ocdavis31
Go back and watch it on NFHS. It clearly was a fumble and a good call by the ref. I was screaming too at the game as I thought it was BS but looking at it on tape it was a hell of a play by #2 and the Ref.

Wait until you see it.
The new one. Wrapped around the 60 year old original one.
You won’t be laughing, then.

Better than most small colleges.
For a 2A program.

It may look weak to bring it up, but the kids had to move themselves and equipment around several times during the season. Lost their weight and training rooms, meeting room, as well as the locker room.
It was disruptive. Just one more thing that gummed up a normally well oiled machine, as you’ve seen.
You would not understand if you haven’t experienced it.
We should have been able to overcome it, but added to other bigger disruptions, it did not help.
Shelby will be back.

The new/old field house and athletic center sets us up for the next 60 years.
And you guys know what that means.
It does look very weak especially coming from the fans of a storied program such as Shelby. It is called mental toughness and for perspective many kids overcame much more than the loss of a fieldhouse.

Very touching story. So happy for that young man.

After I read the story about Shelbys field house, the first thing I thought about was Duplin County after Hurricane Florence. Anyone driving down Hwy 41 and maybe 11 understood the damage from flooding. Those FEMA campers seemed like they were everywhere and it has taken years to get people back into their houses.

My guess is that when a storied program like Shelby has a bit of a down year they look at what could have caused the hiccup. Certainly the field house caused a disruption. Shelby knows their program and is not as familiar with other schools problems so I am sure they weren’t comparing problems just bringing some issues in their program to light.

Reactions: dogs79
You must not know much about teenagers…
They don’t need a building to bond…
But hopefully they are impressed by your shiny new stuff..
Ok hopefully all the people who are living through teenagers exploits are impressed with it…👍

Never played football or been a part of a team that used a field house - ✔

Reactions: 2nd To None
No, you give it a rest.
And go win something soon.

Don’t hate us cause you ain’t us.
😂😂😂
Not in your wildest dreams sir/sirs…
2nd/True/98 whatever/whoever y’all are sad and people just ain’t got the heart to tell you…
Too much??? 🤷‍♂️

😂😂😂
Not in your wildest dreams sir/sirs…
2nd/True/98 whatever/whoever y’all are sad and people just ain’t got the heart to tell you…
Too much??? 🤷‍♂️
How long you want to keep this going?
We are happy people.
You are so negative. So critical.
So sarcastic.
And you know all our people who just won’t tell us stuff.
Just a grump, a grinch.

Hey, that means you ARE green.

Speaking of field houses….heres one of many stories.

Waaaay back….me and a buddy took a black snake…. that we caught crawling out of a crack of the footers of the old school…..into our field house just before practice. I’m talking about a mature 8 footer that tried everything he could do to bite me before we got him under control. I had him by the tail and he circled back under there and came out another hole behind me😂….whew!😂…...we were wringing wet by the time we pulled that big boy out from under there.

We cleared ‘em out of that field house…..players, coaches, trainers….they GONE!😂😂😂

Good times!

Merry Christmas! Y’all ❤️

Last edited:
How long you want to keep this going?
We are happy people.
You are so negative. So critical.
So sarcastic.
And you know all our people who just won’t tell us stuff.
Just a grump, a grinch.

Hey, that means you ARE green.
So sanctimonious…
So hypersensitive…
So ingenuous…
So inept at use of pronouns…
So sad…
Merry Christmas…😂

• Haha
Reactions: dogs79
found some footage of Reidsville before the game

nxEDFr.gif