ADVERTISEMENT

#2 SW Edgecombe 12-1 vs #3 Northeastern 10-3 UPDATES

Why the leading receiver is playing QB more than the QB is beyond me. But he's also the leading int thrower. Neither one of the other real QBs had more than two. Porter has thrown 3 tonight.

Last edited:
Was nice to meet Goob and Bud. For what it's worth, we held the NE offense to 21 points, in spite of them gashing our defense. A strip fumble for a TD and an int return gave them 14points. But we couldn't move the ball ourselves for the first half. In the second half, we gave them the ball. Can't win with turnovers.

Last edited:
Reactions: daagoob
The better team won. Good job Eagles. We had a couple chances to tie it up, but they stopped us. Not sure what was going on at the end, but there's a coach at SW that needs to kick rocks. Lost his cool, fussing with the refs, and hollering into the stands at a fan. There was a couple of times the our coaching staff totally dropped the ball tonight. Down 16, score a touchdown, and have to burn a timeout before a two point try. The fake punt, geez man. We couldn't make headway running up the middle, let alone try that crap on a 4th and 4, deep in our own territory, only down 8. Lastly, Porter is a receiver, him playing qb, is the dumbest thing I've seen. I know you want the ball in his hands, but there's better ways than that. Play him out of the backfield. Overall we just got beat in the trenches.

Was nice to meet Goob and Bud. For what it's worth, we held the NE offense to 21 points, in spite of them gashing our defense. A strip fumble for a TD and an int return gave them 14points. But we couldn't move the ball ourselves for the first half. In the second half, we gave them the ball. Can't win with turnovers.
Was nice to meet you too SWE98! Not sure what the deal was with porter at QB. I saw Freshwater hit #10 on an incomplete pass? After that Porter was in for the most part. NE just seemed to beat SWE at there own game. They were very physical on both lines and ran the ball at will with Quasi #10. I felt SWE should have went to the edge more. After #6 got folded up and injured it seemed like he lost a step. Porter #11 was able to get over there on the edge on QB scrambles and they were the most successful run plays. After the first 2 drives the oline went MIA pretty much? Goobs was right the dline is playing at another level this time of year they were very good against the SWE oline. I been screaming all season for NE to use #10 Quasi more and he showed why tonight. He is big and runs to break dlines will. The better team and better coaching won tonight. Will be a good game against Clinton next week. Have corvette will travel!

Last edited:
Reactions: SWE'98 and daagoob
Was nice to meet you too SWE98! Not sure what the deal was with porter at QB. I saw Freshwater hit #10 on an incomplete pass? After that Porter was in for the most part. NE just seemed to beat SWE at there own game. They were very physical on both lines and ran the ball at will with Quasi #10. I felt SWE should have went to the edge more. After #6 got folded up and injured it seemed like he lost a step. Porter #11 was able to get over there on the edge on QB scrambles and they were the most successful run plays. After the first 2 drives the oline went MIA pretty much? Goobs was right the dline is playing at another level this time of year they were very good against the SWE oline. I been screaming all season for NE to use #10 Quasi more and he showed why tonight. He is big and runs to break dlines will. The better team and better coaching won tonight. Will be a good game against Clinton next week. Have corvette will travel!
If NE can't stop Clinton's backs from getting to the edge, it may be a long night for their defense. But I'm expecting a great game next Friday!

Northeastern did a good job on Porter. Other than that one TD catch they did a solid job containing him at the WR. He didn’t look too comfy when he got moved to QB

Northeastern did a good job on Porter. Other than that one TD catch they did a solid job containing him at the WR. He didn’t look too comfy when he got moved to QB
Yeah y'all did make tough. Our qb was also very inaccurate last light, and his arm isn't the strongest. Add to that the fact that SW is very predictable. No motion, no fake reverses, or any misdirection what so ever. Our offense is real vanilla. It works good until the 3rd round or so. Once we play teams that can stop the run, it pretty much seals the deal. Y'all had 10 men in the box at times last night. A jailbreak screen would have worked for big gains. Or put trips on Porter's side and run the picket fence, getting him the ball in open field. We used him at qb a little during the opening round for series, and scored. I assume as game time practice. I still wonder why they never tried using or starting qb in shot gun. SW is easy to scheme against defensively, you just have to have the horses to execute the game plan, once the third round comes, teams are good enough to stop the run, basically handcuffing the offense. Our middle schools have to start developing QBs that can pass, long snappers, and kickers. Those are the glaring weaknesses in our team every year. Despite being bullied all night SW still had the ball with a chance to tie the game up. On one play we ran the ball and our receivers walked back to the huddle, yeah a huddle, (shoot me). Call one play at the time, and have the qb come to the side line for the next play with the clock running at 3 mins. (SMH). Unless Cobb adds some plays to the playbook, it will be more of the same. Seriously, after 40 years of wish bone and no appearances in the final game, you would figure something would change. It's full back up the middle, or half back to either side, or Porter on a bomb, and now Porter's gone. Hell, we never even pull a guard. Ok rant over.
Back to the flower mill papi.

Reactions: daagoob
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT