ADVERTISEMENT

WRH/Reidsville thought predictions championship edition

Here’s my take on the game. 1st Special teams killed us, our kickoff team kept getting sucked in and we gave them short field position, that’s why we had more total offensive yards than them. 2nd that pass play on the 3 yard line that went for a pick 6 was the dumbest call of the season. We ran the ball down their throats that whole series why not run it from the 3 yard line it was 3rd down if they had stopped us twice I could live with that but no way they would have stopped us twice at the least we could have came away with a field goal. 3rd when Reidsville had scored that last TD we should have went for 2 if we didn’t get it, I could live with that because in overtime no way was we going to stop them from 10 yards out we hadn’t stopped them all game at the line of scrimmage WRH only stopped themselves either with a fumble or penalty. 4th we have that late hit penalty in overtime that put the ball on the 1. Here’s the deal yeah the hit killed us but you have to remember how hard that runningback was to bring down remember he had hit the corner when one player had to shove him out but that time #24 was already in pursuit because as we saw one man couldn’t tackle him once he got going, so #24 momentum wouldn’t allow him to slow down once he flew over there to help. By that the RB had stepped out of bounds

I agree with everything you said. I didn't really like our chances in ot either.

I agree with everything you said. I didn't really like our chances in ot either.
But chances got a lot better when WRH got those two penalties and were pushed back to the 20. Looking good there for a fleeting moment.
But, like I said earlier, Rams didn't take advantage of WRH mistakes and WRH made Rams pay for theirs.

Last edited:
But chances got a lot better when WHR got those two penalties and were pushed back to the 20. Looking good there for a fleeting moment.
But, like I said earlier, Rams didn't take advantage of WRH mistakes and WHR made Rams pay for theirs.

Yeah I thought we had them then

2nd that pass play on the 3 yard line that went for a pick 6 was the dumbest call of the season. We ran the ball down their throats that whole series why not run it from the 3 yard line ....
The drive began at the RHS 35 and included complete passes for 15 yards, 14 yards and two yards and another 11-yard completion that was called back on the lineman illegally downfield penalty. Longest run of the 15-play possession was 8 yards (three times). So drive was a mix of passing and running, pretty much the way the Rams moved the ball all game.
Pass play in question was on 3-and-goal from the three.

TGT... it's WRH not WHR. Just saying lol

Got SO tired of hearing the announcer say Wallace Rose and not Wallace Rose Hill yesterday. Nit picky, I know lol
Sorry about that ... just glad they didn't name it South Duplin when Wallace and Rose Hill merged!

Reactions: dogs79
Here’s my take on the game. 1st Special teams killed us, our kickoff team kept getting sucked in and we gave them short field position, that’s why we had more total offensive yards than them. 2nd that pass play on the 3 yard line that went for a pick 6 was the dumbest call of the season. We ran the ball down their throats that whole series why not run it from the 3 yard line it was 3rd down if they had stopped us twice I could live with that but no way they would have stopped us twice at the least we could have came away with a field goal. 3rd when Reidsville had scored that last TD we should have went for 2 if we didn’t get it, I could live with that because in overtime no way was we going to stop them from 10 yards out we hadn’t stopped them all game at the line of scrimmage WRH only stopped themselves either with a fumble or penalty. 4th we have that late hit penalty in overtime that put the ball on the 1. Here’s the deal yeah the hit killed us but you have to remember how hard that runningback was to bring down remember he had hit the corner when one player had to shove him out but that time #24 was already in pursuit because as we saw one man couldn’t tackle him once he got going, so #24 momentum wouldn’t allow him to slow down once he flew over there to help. By that the RB had stepped out of bounds

That was your take on the game and hardly anywhere in your assessment were you congratulating WRH and their players. The drive with the pick 6 was not a "ran the ball down their throats" drive, it was a running and passing drive. I think it was more of a passing drive actually. If I'm not mistaken the late hit wasn't on our rb (that was so hard to bring down) it was on our qb that had been flushed out.

It was a great game no question. The pick 6 was a two touchdown swing. Reidsville fought back after being in a 14 point hole. I would of loved the call if we had went for 2 with 42 seconds left. As for a earlier post about this being the weakest of WRH championship team. I parked between a couple of WRH fans who were super nice people. They claimed this was the best WRH team ever. So I guess everyone has their view. The last two games of the Reidsville season were very exciting. Mountain Heritage, Reidsville, WRH are fine football teams. Wonder how Mountain Heritage and WRH would play out ? Reidsville beat them but it could of went either way. We won the turnover battle against them. But we couldn't pass up on them like we could WRH. One thing is for sure. Burnsville Mountain Heritage would of went for two after scoring with 42 seconds left . In fact Reidsville scored on Mountain Heritage but miss the extra point and only lead 27-20 with a little over two minutes left. Good thing Reidsville got a game clinching INT because that Robinson family from Mountain Heritage would of went for two. No doubt. Congrats to WRH. Maybe we will see ya again next December.

That was your take on the game and hardly anywhere in your assessment were you congratulating WRH and their players. The drive with the pick 6 was not a "ran the ball down their throats" drive, it was a running and passing drive. I think it was more of a passing drive actually. If I'm not mistaken the late hit wasn't on our rb (that was so hard to bring down) it was on our qb that had been flushed out.
Actually I did give props to your RB if you go back a read a earlier post. No matter if it was the RB or QB that had the ball every back there was tough runners and it took everyone flying to the ball we just flew to the ball at the wrong time.

Last edited:
The drive began at the RHS 35 and included complete passes for 15 yards, 14 yards and two yards and another 11-yard completion that was called back on the lineman illegally downfield penalty. Longest run of the 15-play possession was 8 yards (three times). So drive was a mix of passing and running, pretty much the way the Rams moved the ball all game.
Pass play in question was on 3-and-goal from the three.
Point is they couldn’t stop us from running when we did run it and I don’t believe they would have stopped us from 3 yards out and even if they did I could have lived with that. Would have been better than the pick six in which I don’t blame the QB at all

Last edited:
It was a great game no question. The pick 6 was a two touchdown swing. Reidsville fought back after being in a 14 point hole. I would of loved the call if we had went for 2 with 42 seconds left. As for a earlier post about this being the weakest of WRH championship team. I parked between a couple of WRH fans who were super nice people. They claimed this was the best WRH team ever. So I guess everyone has their view. The last two games of the Reidsville season were very exciting. Mountain Heritage, Reidsville, WRH are fine football teams. Wonder how Mountain Heritage and WRH would play out ? Reidsville beat them but it could of went either way. We won the turnover battle against them. But we couldn't pass up on them like we could WRH. One thing is for sure. Burnsville Mountain Heritage would of went for two after scoring with 42 seconds left . In fact Reidsville scored on Mountain Heritage but miss the extra point and only lead 27-20 with a little over two minutes left. Good thing Reidsville got a game clinching INT because that Robinson family from Mountain Heritage would of went for two. No doubt. Congrats to WRH. Maybe we will see ya again next December.
WRH didn't play their best game,no doubt. This years offensive could flat out score. Especially in the playoffs. Looked like defense wasn't as good in playoffs. Even though WRH had 2 big defensive plays, I thought offense won when I had to.

Yes you gave the game away.. yes it could have gone either way but you gave it away at the beginning and the end.

I think Reidsville had the better defense, even though WRH had a better run game(Reidsvilles run game was no slouch either and WRH didn't stop it), but costly decisions lost you the game.

Wrh can honestly say this year was the year of a champion to play the schedule they played and only lose. 1 game and win the ship says something about the character of those young men on the team and coaching staff ,now wrh played the best 4 teams in the state havelock,northeasternEast Duplin,And my goodness Reidsville ,NorthEastern is probably the best offense weve ever played against peroid not throwing stone at anyone else reidsville is the MONSTER that is the real deal and nothing and no one to be taken lightly ,Now im thankful for all the new guys friends i made this year ,Goob Teachey,olddog,otis,96,99(panthersgood guys),lion attack to all you guys you are stand up guys and to u dudes im glad to call u a friend,to all u guys i say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year a little heads up Ya Boy Birthday JAN 3 2018..!!! Enjoyed the forum talks with u guys!!! Congrats to all the teams this season we all repped this year But their can only Be One!! BULLDOGS BARKED ONE LAST TIME ,AND LEFT THE PAW PRINTS IN THE RECORD BOOKS...

Reactions: dogs79
Wrh can honestly say this year was the year of a champion to play the schedule they played and only lose. 1 game and win the ship says something about the character of those young men on the team and coaching staff ,now wrh played the best 4 teams in the state havelock,northeasternEast Duplin,And my goodness Reidsville ,NorthEastern is probably the best offense weve ever played against peroid not throwing stone at anyone else reidsville is the MONSTER that is the real deal and nothing and no one to be taken lightly ,Now im thankful for all the new guys friends i made this year ,Goob Teachey,olddog,otis,96,99(panthersgood guys),lion attack to all you guys you are stand up guys and to u dudes im glad to call u a friend,to all u guys i say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year a little heads up Ya Boy Birthday JAN 3 2018..!!! Enjoyed the forum talks with u guys!!! Congrats to all the teams this season we all repped this year But their can only Be One!! BULLDOGS BARKED ONE LAST TIME ,AND LEFT THE PAW PRINTS IN THE RECORD BOOKS...
congrats to you and the "classy" WRH fans! it was a heck of a game! i stayed for the whole thing!

Man, what a game this was for the state title! I thought when WRH went up 21-7 in the first quarter this game may be over, but Reidsville fought back. That last drive by Reidsville to force OT was impressive and what a big pass from Jones to Lipscomb! Unfortunate it had to end on a fumble for Reidsville. Nothing to be ashamed of though Reidsville, a fine season and a fine program!

WRH, what can you say? Just getting the job done. Congratulations on WRH's fourth straight state title!

Dogs have had a bend but don't break defense all year. They seem to bow their back and get the stop when needed the most. Last night was no exception !! Hats off to the Rams on a great game!!!

Dogs have had a bend but don't break defense all year. They seem to bow their back and get the stop when needed the most. Last night was no exception !! Hats off to the Rams on a great game!!!

They didn't stop Reidsville's offense to be honest, but they got the job done. Tough runners, tough rushing game.

IFs and BUTs......

Had WRH lost that game, would he have never wanted to see that place again?

I am a Tarheel fan. He can go back to averaging 14 yards per carry now.

Fast, big enough and tough. What a great resume - including the academics. Good luck to Javonte in the future.
Question: Does he play other sports at WRH?

Fast, big enough and tough. What a great resume - including the academics. Good luck to Javonte in the future.
Question: Does he play other sports at WRH?
Basketball. I think his high school sports career has ended

CONGRADULATIONS to Javonte “Pookie” Williams! One of the finest athletes and students to ever come from the hallways of WRH! I have watched this kid play since he was 9 years old and I told people back then that he was gonna be FORCE when he gets to high school. Best wishes Pookie in on your future journies!

Mt. Heritage went for 2 every time because they didn't have a kicker so yeah they would of went for 2...LOL

Reactions: blackbulldog
I was just working on the Reidsville stats/records and noticed that Rams' kicker Zach Baber made 57 consecutive PATs this season, starting with his last kick of the third game and ending with the second kick in the Mountain Heritage game. He ended 74 of 77 overall.

With a less reliable kicker, I'm sure Reidsville would have gone for two. It's tough taking a sure point off the board.

Baber's 57 straight fell one short of Brad Green's school record 58 straight that ended only when his career ended in the championship game against Edenton in 2016. (Brad, FYI, had a solid freshman season at Ferrum College).

Here's the top 6 in consecutive PAT kicks in N.C. history (according to the NCHSAA record book, which hasn't been updated yet).
77, Woody Parrish, Davie County (Nov.19, 2010-Nov. 9, 2012)
67, Ryan Beeson (Ragsdale), 2000-2001
67, Trey Bridges (Shelby), 1999-2000 (final 17 in ’99 and all 50 PAT attempted in 2000)
61, Connor Barth (Hoggard), 2002-03
58, Brad Green (Reidsville), 2016 (ended career with last 58 in a row)
57, Zach Baber (Reidsville), 2017 (started with last kick in third game, ended with second kick in 15th game)
57, Tyler McMahan (Olympic), 2009

Huge credit for the last two years of Reidsville kicking record goes to long snapper Cole Setliff and holder Titus Jones.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT