ADVERTISEMENT

"You make the play, we'll find you"

19yardline

Nov 8, 2018
When ESPN Sportscenter Top 10 shows a play from a high school, college DIII or similar off the national radar game, that's the claim they make. So I checked Sportscenter this a.m. to see if the Weddington catch in the end zone in the 4th(?) qtr. rightfully-so made it, but unless it was another edition it did not. A buzzer-beater in a low-level college game IIRC was #1, but the throw/catch from the championship last night was close to worthy of the #1 spot in my opinion.

I think the blocked punt at the beginning of the 3rd quarter may have been better

When ESPN Sportscenter Top 10 shows a play from a high school, college DIII or similar off the national radar game, that's the claim they make. So I checked Sportscenter this a.m. to see if the Weddington catch in the end zone in the 4th(?) qtr. rightfully-so made it, but unless it was another edition it did not. A buzzer-beater in a low-level college game IIRC was #1, but the throw/catch from the championship last night was close to worthy of the #1 spot in my opinion.
Weddington didn’t score in the 4th q. If you are referring to the TD catch #11 made very late in the 2nd q..the likely reason it did make the highlights is because it wasn’t really a catch. The ball hit the ground under him before he secured. If NC HS Football had instant replay it would have been reviewed and reversed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT