ADVERTISEMENT

WRH/Reidsville thought predictions championship edition

Wow a teenager fumbles in a great game and you clowns call him out by name...straight bush league !!!...

Great hard fought game. I'm glad I went. It was just the right type of game to be the last high school football game of the season.

Reactions: daagoob
The team from Teachey has some awesome talent for school with a 674 students (ADM) ... Williams has a bright future on the next level that's for sure. He's a beast to bring down. Reidsville did a pretty good job on him after he broke a couple early by hitting him low.

The Rams showed class of a champion by coming back several times in the game. They just made more costly mistakes that WRH. The Bulldogs also made mistakes but the Rams didn't make them pay (for example, the two penalties in OT) . When the Rams made a mistake, WRH capitalized.

congrats to WRH...your rb's and O line are the deal....proud of how my Rams overcame adversity and clawed back.....still think the Rams should have gone for 2 when they scored the TD that tied it up at the end...win or lose right then and there..Rams had some "mo" at that point....think it would've been a good call...................
it would have been a excellent call and one that would have to be called eventuslly anyway. Convert and ts over. Our Horses were very unfortunate to lose a game to WRH with 45 secondds left after we had taken the lead. Theyre good Javonte Williams is one of the best Ive ever seen.Rams has a hell of a season.

Reactions: rambbq and dogs79
BBQ I actually thought let's go for 2. I honestly don't think WRH would have expected it. I was told it was considered. It would have taken great big testicular fortitude but not sure WRH would have stopped us

Just get it from your boy that put up the 14pt spread lol..but yeah I need that!
Great team Ram. Great game to watch. I don't think either tem played as well as they could have, very even. P.O. Box100, Teachey,NC 28464. Hopefully you get a chance of winning it back next year.

Reactions: blackbulldog
I was surprised they didn't go for 2 in regulation. But if they didn't make it it would have been called the dumbest call ever. Great game and atmosphere. Going to miss seeing #3 in a Bulldog uniform. Hopefully he will be in Tarheel blue next year. He stayed in chapel hill tonight and took his official visit.

And after tonight the rams gave wrh props,but i will say this fb ya guys showed great heart and resiliency and fought back my kinda team guys i would do battle with anyday ,same for shelby ,South Point great programs..if my boy lion attack is reads this. Lion are we on that level yet? Wrh 7-out 10 ships redisville 19-22 cships wrh 7 ships ,rams 19 ships thats good company fb ..very classy bunch of guys over there

And after tonight the rams gave wrh props,but i will say this fb ya guys showed great heart and resiliency and fought back my kinda team guys i would do battle with anyday ,same for shelby ,South Point great programs..if my boy lion attack is reads this. Lion are we on that level yet? Wrh 7-out 10 ships redisville 19-22 cships wrh 7 ships ,rams 19 ships thats good company fb ..very classy bunch of guys over there

Nice job moving up to 2A and winning a championship. Better than expected

The team lost a lot from last year. This team wasn't as good as last year but they had heart of a champion. We are state champion contenders most years only a couple of programs can say that.
Come on, man. I am on my way to work, but had to respond to this. You posted earlier in the season that this current team was better, a few of you guys did, The Mule said this was the best defense Reidsville has ever fielded. It’s only when the games got more competitive that y’all humbled down some on those feelings. Congrats on a great season, though.

Last edited:
Congrats, bro. Believe you me, had Reidsville won, not all of them would be classy, some would gloat, and let you know about it. It’s easy being being humble and classy after a loss, some of them genuinely are, though. RamKing 2012 called Lincolnton “Trash” after the Rams defeated them last year. It’s funny reading him commenting on something being bush league. Anyway, a brother has to punch the clock. A sincere congratulations to both teams, especially the champs, The Wallace Rose Hill Bulldogs.

Reactions: dogs79
Went back and looked at the stats this morning. Williams was 22/195, Easley was 27/129, Newkirk 14/69, Jones 13/60. Basden 0/2, Jones 16/27 182 1 1. First Downs WRH 17 Reidsville 31. Rushing WRH 16 Reidsville 21, Passing 0/9. Net yards Rushing WRH 316 Reidsville 267. Total Yards WRH 316 Reidsville 449. Average per play 6.6-5.5. Penalities 6/35 and 4/31. Third Down Conversion WRH 4 of 10 Reidsville 10/18
WRH made big plays. I watched the game when I got home. I stand by my statement from last night. The pick 6 from the 3 and the late hit out of bounds are the difference in the game.
I was talking with a friend this morning. He pointed something out that makes sense. WRHs receivers were the best down field blockers he's ever seen in high school.
I know you can't change things after the game. Won fair and square. But to read on here that Reidsville would loose 9 out of 10 is crazy. Take the first play from scrimmage out. WRH has 243 yards. Williams has 122. You can't take it back and he got the yards.
Look at the numbers and don't diminish we got to see two damn good football teams. One happened to make two more when it counted most.

I was surprised they didn't go for 2 in regulation. But if they didn't make it it would have been called the dumbest call ever. Great game and atmosphere. Going to miss seeing #3 in a Bulldog uniform. Hopefully he will be in Tarheel blue next year. He stayed in chapel hill tonight and took his official visit.
It is a hero or zero deal, but I honestly think I go for hit. WRH D had a very hard time stopping us on short yardage and I really do not think they would have ever thought we go for it.

Come on, man. I am on my way to work, but had to respond to this. You posted earlier in the season that this current team was better, a few of you guys did, The Mule said this was the best defense Reidsville has ever fielded. It’s only when the games got more competitive that y’all humbled down some on those feelings. Congrats on a great season, though.

I was thinking they might be better. That was my mistake. I seen in the playoffs last years team was better. This team was really good though. Wrh beat a really good rhs team

Some numbers:

WRH listed first

First Downs 17 / 31
Rushing Attempts-Yards 46-316 54-267
Passes Attemtps-Complete-Intercepted 0-2-0 16-28-1
Passing Yards 0 / 182
Total Yards 316 / 449
Total offensive plays 48 / 82
Fumbles-Lost 2-0 / 1-1
Penalties-Yards 6-36 / 4-31
Time of Possession 20:07 / 27:53

Individual leaders: Rushing: WRH - Javonte Williams 22-195, Desmond Newkirk 14-69, Malcolm Gray 4-61. Reidsville - Jalen Easley 27-129, Titus Jones 13-60, Travion Canada 10-50, Willie Blackstock 3-18.

Passing: Reidsville - Titus Jones 16-27-1, 182 yards

Receiving: Reidsville - Travion Canada 7-60, Isaac Hill 3-27, Brandon Lipscomb 2-57, Cameron Galloway 1-26, Jalen Easley 2-4, Willie Blackstock 1-8.

Leading tacklers for Reidsville - Zion Wade 9, Willie Blackstock 7, Alec Abel 6, Tra Canada 6, Trell Rankin 6, Mikal Carter 6, Donovan Pinnix 6.

It is a hero or zero deal, but I honestly think I go for hit. WRH D had a very hard time stopping us on short yardage and I really do not think they would have ever thought we go for it.
Reidsville's kicker (with assist from snapper, holder and blockers) missed 3 PAT kicks all season and at least 1 of those was blocked. Baber finished season 74 of 77. So that high percentage plays a factor in whether to go for two or not.
But like somebody said, try for 2 and fail, the second-guessing would be the other way around..

Last edited:
This year's WRH team was probably the weakest of the 4 title teams. They had hearts of champions, but for WRH, this was the year to beat them was this year , and it was considered by some to be a slightly down year. For its size, WRH is as good as any of them. WRH played the hand they were dealt meaning.....the last 3yrs, they played single A ball because the rules said so and they won. The rules said they play double A ball this year and they won. That's all a team can do and they have done it well. Like I wrote, the time to beat WRH was this year. Next year.....scary, scary good.

Reidsville's kicker (with assist from snapper, holder and blockers) missed 3 PAT kicks all season and at least 1 of those was blocked. Baber finished season 74 of 77. So that high percentage plays a factor in whether to go for two or not.
But like somebody said, try for 2 and fail, the second-guessing would be the other way around..
It would have been a completely hero or hill situation. A situation that in the heat of the moment I would have been able to pull the trigger. However, I don't think WRH would be expecting it either. Only a crazy man would go for two down by one with 40 secs on the clock lol

Easy for me to comment with no dog in the fight, but I'd have tried to take the lead at that point of the game. Another posted said it as I saw it, the Rams would have tried for two had they score in OT to try to win it so why not at that point of the game.

Easy for me to comment with no dog in the fight, but I'd have tried to take the lead at that point of the game. Another posted said it as I saw it, the Rams would have tried for two had they score in OT to try to win it so why not at that point of the game.
Not so sure about the OT part of that statement, especially since they went for the tie in a similar situation in regulation.

Great game to attend and enjoy watching 2 teams playing their hearts out and leaving it all on the field. Hats of to Reidsville on a great season. That passing game is top notch and very hard to stop. We just tried to slow it down as much as possible. The offensive line was superb at pass protection. I was really impressed by the way the Rams kept fighting back, especially after taking that haymaker on the first play from WRH. Williams is a very special player for sure. I was a little surprised that we didn't try passing the ball more than we did, but I'm sure it was because Rams had a hard time stopping our running game. I know it sucks to lose on turnover to end the game, we have been on the losing end like that as well. I can't wait to watch that game again.

As for next year I will disagree with the poster that says we will be scary good. We are losing Williams and Newkirk, so that's gonna be huge shoes to fill. Again congrats to both teams and outstanding seasons!

Great game to attend and enjoy watching 2 teams playing their hearts out and leaving it all on the field. Hats of to Reidsville on a great season. That passing game is top notch and very hard to stop. We just tried to slow it down as much as possible. The offensive line was superb at pass protection. I was really impressed by the way the Rams kept fighting back, especially after taking that haymaker on the first play from WRH. Williams is a very special player for sure. I was a little surprised that we didn't try passing the ball more than we did, but I'm sure it was because Rams had a hard time stopping our running game. I know it sucks to lose on turnover to end the game, we have been on the losing end like that as well. I can't wait to watch that game again.

As for next year I will disagree with the poster that says we will be scary good. We are losing Williams and Newkirk, so that's gonna be huge shoes to fill. Again congrats to both teams and outstanding seasons!

Those 2 play at a high level. They lived up to the hype, so did the WRH team speed.

Here’s my take on the game. 1st Special teams killed us, our kickoff team kept getting sucked in and we gave them short field position, that’s why we had more total offensive yards than them. 2nd that pass play on the 3 yard line that went for a pick 6 was the dumbest call of the season. We ran the ball down their throats that whole series why not run it from the 3 yard line it was 3rd down if they had stopped us twice I could live with that but no way they would have stopped us twice at the least we could have came away with a field goal. 3rd when Reidsville had scored that last TD we should have went for 2 if we didn’t get it, I could live with that because in overtime no way was we going to stop them from 10 yards out we hadn’t stopped them all game at the line of scrimmage WRH only stopped themselves either with a fumble or penalty. 4th we have that late hit penalty in overtime that put the ball on the 1. Here’s the deal yeah the hit killed us but you have to remember how hard that runningback was to bring down remember he had hit the corner when one player had to shove him out but that time #24 was already in pursuit because as we saw one man couldn’t tackle him once he got going, so #24 momentum wouldn’t allow him to slow down once he flew over there to help. By that the RB had stepped out of bounds

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT