ADVERTISEMENT

WRH/Reidsville thought predictions championship edition

Wait wait wait a run based one dimensional eastern team just beat a spread balanced western team??? Lol thought the experts said that was impossible.....Congrats to WRH....you can still win championships running Wing T,T-formation etc etc

Congratulations to the Bulldogs on yet another state championship and bringing another state championship to the conference in which our schools participate. A great game. Some phenomenal players. I'm glad I got a chance to see all of them play.
With that, I'll leave the celebrating to the Bulldogs and check out of here for 2017. Hope to see you guys and some more great games in 2018.

Well, Lincolnton, I guess you were right about that connection. Hope you made the game.

Shouldn’t have been as close as it was. WRH had a chance to make it ugly early. Heck of a football game, I think if WRH and Reidsville played 10 teams WRH wins by 14+ in 9 of those 10. To make tonight interesting I’m glad we all saw that one close one.

Reidsville wasn’t really impressive and I hope this is a message. No more “scrubs” in the East. Duplin County is coming every year.

Congratulations WRH

Reactions: dogs79
Shouldn’t have been as close as it was. WRH had a chance to make it ugly early. Heck of a football game, I think if WRH and Reidsville played 10 teams WRH wins by 14+ in 9 of those 10. To make tonight interesting I’m glad we all saw that one close one.

Reidsville wasn’t really impressive and I hope this is a message. No more “scrubs” in the East. Duplin County is coming every year.

Congratulations WRH

Booze? If it weren't for the first play from scrimmage and the INT return for a TD the game was tied at half or potentially a 7 point lead for Reidsville. The INT was a 14 point swing. Two pretty evenly matched teams.

Reidsville was as good as advertised and game could of gone either way....think back to the pick 6 for score changed the game....then Wallace not scoring deep in the redzone with a chance to go up by 3 scores....so both teams had their chances....Javonte Williams hands down was the best player on the field and I challenge someone to argue likewise....Reidsville WRs let the QB down more than a couple times.....congrats to both teams....I guess Wallace is the beast of the east now....sadly

Your defense sure wasnt the best seems to me it was you lost we won DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS !!! Pick 6and a lost fumble ..defense wins ships it just didnt win u this oneGO DOGS!!!

Congratulations WRH
i completely disagree with your evaluation of Reidsville. WRH punched them in the mouth early, but Reidsville did what great teams do. they fought back and made it a game! WRH deserved to win because they made a few more plays, but Reidsville is the real deal! that Reidsville offense is a beautiful thing to see in action. theyre very efficient and good at what they do! they just ran into a WRH team tonight that would not be denied. it was a great game, and if Reidsville wasnt as good as they are, they would have got blown out of the stadium the way WRH started!

Congratulations from Elizabeth City, I'm sure we will be seeing one of you next year. NHS will not be an easy out next year for anyone. I'm sorry for East Duplin, I was hoping they would get that first c'ship
yeah it sucks but it is what it is.

Reactions: daagoob
Hey sp u played ball first so no matter what place u in all that matters is you are in the class and u get ya name cAlled.plus how did it feel when ya lost to shelby....

And hibriten and shelby looked way better to me cause shelby is royalty sp is always the pauper never the prince how does ot feel to finish last again !!!

The key play of the OT was not the fumble ... it was the late hit OB that turned a 4th-and-goal from the 12 into a third-and-goal from the 6. Fumbles happen to the best of them, but silly penalties are often the real killer.
i agree. that late hit was a bonehead play.

From my perspective Reidsville didnt appear like a team that had won 30 something consecutive games. Especially defensively. They had all kinds of trouble slowing down a team they had to know wasnt going to do anything but run the ball. The game did not (IMO) "turn" on this play, that play, or the other single play. WRH looked to me like the better team all the way around. Still even though Reidsville was outmanned they scratched, clawed and took the game to OT. No shortage of heart, Ill say that.

From my perspective Reidsville didnt appear like a team that had won 30 something consecutive games. Especially defensively. They had all kinds of trouble slowing down a team they had to know wasnt going to do anything but run the ball. The game did not (IMO) "turn" on this play, that play, or the other single play. WRH looked to me like the better team all the way around. Still even though Reidsville was outmanned they scratched, clawed and took the game to OT. No shortage of heart, Ill say that.

The team lost a lot from last year. This team wasn't as good as last year but they had heart of a champion. We are state champion contenders most years only a couple of programs can say that.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Yes. East Duplin, Hibriten, Shelby and SP look better than the Dogs to me.

How could you tell that. SP and shelby didnt play tonight. Hibriten didnt impress me at all. Everyone said to be the man you had to beat the man well we did what we had to do to win. 4 Peat and Shelby and SP cant do anything about it.

Reactions: dogs79 and daagoob
congrats to WRH...your rb's and O line are the deal....proud of how my Rams overcame adversity and clawed back.....still think the Rams should have gone for 2 when they scored the TD that tied it up at the end...win or lose right then and there..Rams had some "mo" at that point....think it would've been a good call...................

How could you tell that. SP and shelby didnt play tonight. Hibriten didnt impress me at all. Everyone said to be the man you had to beat the man well we did what we had to do to win. 4 Peat and Shelby and SP cant do anything about it.

Dude I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything. It's my opinion..... you have yours as well. Your 4 peat with three coming in 1A doesn't scare anyone on this side of the state. Congrats on your win.

Congtrats Wallace on a hard earned win.

Congrats Reidsville, you guys are still champions, you showed poise and no panic the whole time.

we dont try to scare anyone. just sorry i couldnt see the mighty SP Raiders today. So how is basketball comming? 4 peat and we win where the state puts us.

You can't tell what teenage kid will do on the field once they get popped real hard by opposing player on any one play They could be the smartest player on the team losing his cool for a split second making that mistake. I feel for him because he's thinking he caused his team to lose. A very good game, High School FootBall at it's BEST.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT