ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Ref Call Stories!

You have an easier time convincing me the video I left of the Conley game was a catch with clear as day video evidence that indeed it wasnt a catch before you tell me that Kinston kid caught the ball. 2 fingers 3? Who gives a ratz azz it wasnt a catch.

Well I guess karma came around because Kinston got totally hosed by the officials in the state title game that year, maybe the most biased and one sided officiating I've ever seen.
Great point!

You have an easier time convincing me the video I left of the Conley game was a catch with clear as day video evidence that indeed it wasnt a catch before you tell me that Kinston kid caught the ball. 2 fingers 3? Who gives a ratz azz it wasnt a catch.

He had two hands on it. It matters because clearly your memory is terrible, or you are just a straight up liar.

He had two hands on it. It matters because clearly your memory is terrible, or you are just a straight up liar.
I'm telling more of the truth than the ref did and that's the point. I obviously saw it better than he did. You can keep posting doesnt change a damn thing. If I'm liar than you are ignorant to spend all day on This....end of story.

I'm telling more of the truth than the ref did and that's the point. I obviously saw it better than he did. You can keep posting doesnt change a damn thing. If I'm liar than you are ignorant to spend all day on This....end of story.

Pot meet kettle

Think it was 2003...EB players intercepts the pass momentum takes him in the endzone they think its a Touchback and it got ruled as a safety....it was East Bladen vs Southwest Onslow right @ebeagles .......coincidentally 2013 playoff meeting ends with a Farrell Murchison fumble into the endzone resulting in a touchback SWO guys were trolling sayin "East finally got that touchback they were screaming for"

Spot on....remember it like it was yesterday. Turning point in that game. That play is STILL talked about.

Pretty sure back in 03 momentum on a interception was a different rule . Cant remember the game but same thing happened to reidsville and several college teams during that time, then I believe a rule change came into affect. But 90 percent of the officials in HS football are way overweight and have hard time keeping up with the game.

34 is right about that EB game; it was vs SWO in the p
@Wizard of the East im surprise no South Columbus guys have commented on the inadvertent whistle game Eastern Championship 2002 Clinton vs South Columbus

@Wizard of the East im surprise no South Columbus guys have commented on the inadvertent whistle game Eastern Championship 2002 Clinton vs South Columbus
you're right, interestingly that game was for the eastern championship. we played that game at SC Vinegar Hill. In the western regional final, Burlington Cummings was playing at South Roberson (they were in the western bracket) It snowed in Burlington that Friday and they were out of school so they couldn't play that Friday night and played the next day Saturday afternoon at South Roberson. DarkHorse fans and coaches flocked to South Roberson the next day to see who the DarkHorses were going to play for the state championship. Honestly, I think there were more Clinton folks at that game than there were South Roberson or Cummings. Seriously.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
34 is right about that EB game; it was vs SWO in the p

Correct Wiz...that was the Eastern Championship. EB was loaded that year. Kevin Richardson at RB (App State all-time leading rusher) Desmond Bryant (8 year NFL vet) His brother Brenton who went on to play at Harvard with him. And a few other guys that played D2.

The INT was caught inside the one yard line and the goaline...Thomas Gillispie had no choice but to end up in the endzone......Ok I'm having a flashback. LOL

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Correct Wiz...that was the Eastern Championship. EB was loaded that year. Kevin Richardson at RB (App State all-time leading rusher) Desmond Bryant (8 year NFL vet) His brother Brenton who went on to play at Harvard with him. And a few other guys that played D2.

The INT was caught inside the one yard line and the goaline...Thomas Gillispie had no choice but to end up in the endzone......Ok I'm having a flashback. LOL

I knew I had the jist of the story just couldn’t remember the exact details, but I remember hearing about it. I was Jr at Clinton during that time.

Reactions: ebeagles
My ref story is more of a rant. Most of the reidsville posters have heard me say this. Some of you who visited reidsville May have experienced my gripe.

Reidsville PA guy is a former official. He knows all these old guys. For some reason, he feels the need to announce their names before the game. And he usually adds in a little suck up to his buddies by saying things like......and on the white hat, Joe Schmoe, one of the finest officials in the state. I expressed my view to him once years ago but it fell on deaf ears. I really have two problems with this....

1. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE PAID TO SEE THEM OR CARES WHAT THEIR NAMES MAY BE.

2. When everyone on the other side of the field hears this nonsense, you have planted the seed of ‘home cookin’ In the back of their heads. Generally by looking at the stats, there has never been any home cookin at reidsville, but it just irks me that the seed gets planted. I know if I was on the other side of the field, I’d be thinking home cookin as soon as the first flag flies.

Did I mention that no one paid to see the refs?

Reactions: Ooooner and rambbq
My ref story is more of a rant. Most of the reidsville posters have heard me say this. Some of you who visited reidsville May have experienced my gripe.

Reidsville PA guy is a former official. He knows all these old guys. For some reason, he feels the need to announce their names before the game. And he usually adds in a little suck up to his buddies by saying things like......and on the white hat, Joe Schmoe, one of the finest officials in the state. I expressed my view to him once years ago but it fell on deaf ears. I really have two problems with this....

2. When everyone on the other side of the field hears this nonsense, you have planted the seed of ‘home cookin’ In the back of their heads. Generally by looking at the stats, there has never been any home cookin at reidsville, but it just irks me that the seed gets planted. I know if I was on the other side of the field, I’d be thinking home cookin as soon as the first flag flies.

I will say this about our PA announcing....at least we don't do cheerleading from the press box like some schools do...with the guy saying "let's stop them right here" or "come on fans get behind the defense right here"...............….just give me the facts.....who carried....who tackled...etc...……..less is more...……….

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
I will say this about our PA announcing....at least we don't do cheerleading from the press box like some schools do...with the guy saying "let's stop them right here" or "come on fans get behind the defense right here"...............….just give me the facts.....who carried....who tackled...etc...……..less is more...……….

Indeed. PA announcers should be largely impartial, IMO.

Reidsville PA guy is a former official.

And he’s pretty good guy also. Officials are required to give a card to home, visitor and press box a listing of officials working a Varsity game.

Way too often I believe officials get a bad rap. I don't see anything wrong with the announcer giving them a little recognition, especially at Reidsville. Playing there is almost like going to Shelby, meaning the visitors will typically leave with a loss and it's usually not the result of a questionable call by the Ref.

I've known three officials and there is no way they would cheat. One works in the building I work in. His job as an official, now, is in the press box. I talk football with him from time to time and I've never heard him say anything derogatory about a team, player or coach. I've seen what were bad calls but not many times. It takes courage to officiate. I wouldn't want to do it.

Last edited:
Back in the day, when I was coaching, we could ask for some refs not work our games. In turn, the refs could ask not to work at certain schools. I don’t know how it is now.

Its also weird to me because he says that, then we get all of those penalties lol.

But I like him as a announcer, I don't think Reidsville games would be the same without him. He's grown on me.

Memory isn't clicking right now but the worst call I have ever seen was when Monroe's receiver caught the ball at the back of the endzone with no time left on the clock for the win...no defender around,wide open...game over....wrong,ref called the receiver out of bounds because he thought the shadow of the goal post was the out of bounds line....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT