ADVERTISEMENT

Asheboro at Providence Grove

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Got my first taste of basketball in Climax last night.

I was treated to an unexpectedly amazing girls contest. PG erased a nine-point deficit in the third quarter and wound up winning 71-68 in OT. The game was an up-tempo affair the entire way. Brooke Ingram, Laurel Bernhardt, and Kenzi Mundy all hit big threes during this stretch. Asia Steverson did a great job on the boards.

Boys game was tough. PG battled Asheboro evenly till about the fourth quarter. Just too much Jequarious Stanbeck for the Pats to deal with. Stanbeck finished with 26 and pretty much got anything he wanted on the inside.

Despite the loss, I do think the PG boys have the potential to be a little better than last year. I liked what I saw out of point guard Gabe McKoy.

Forgot to mention that PG has two brand new head coaches.

Brett Andrews is now coaching the boys. Andrews played on some of those really good early 2000's Trinity teams. He was also a very good baseball player.

I was blown away at who the new girls coach is. It's Jonathon Gainey. Mr. Gainey coached those really good RJ Reynolds teams in the mid 2010's. He was also the Glenn boys coach recently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT