ADVERTISEMENT

Asheboro at Providence Grove

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
"Brown Bowl I" this Friday in Climax.

The PG fans want this one pretty badly. I'm not sure they'll get their wish. Asheboro has had two weeks to prepare for the Pats. I say Asheboro by 14. Prove me wrong, PG.

........and prove me wrong, they DID!! PG defeated the Blue Comets 24-14 to remain undefeated.

Magnificent performance from Logan Fox last night. He rushed for over 200 yards and had a pair of TD's. PG really wore Asheboro down that second half with their ground attack. The Patriot offensive line is sneaky good.

The Blue Comets are really going to think about what might have been. They scored on their very first play of the game and looked to be unstoppable that first half. Asheboro was up 14-7 at one point and was knocking at the door. However, the Comet receivers decided to draw inspiration from Kansas City the night before. They dropped three passes in/near the end zone. It was at that point "Big Mo" decided to put on a PG hat and not take it off.

I can't get over how good the Patriot kickers are. Carson Jones belted a 44 yarder to put PG up 17-14 in the fourth. Crazy thing is......neither Jones nor Batten punt. Eli Lohr did a nice job punting the football last night.

Asheboro desperately needs a guy than can get them three yards on a consistent basis.

I guess the grass is not greener down in Asheboro....didnt someone on here say PG lost 22 seniors last year???
That might've been me.......might not have been me. PG did lose a ton.

Asheboro does look a lot better than they have the last few years. The game with PG could've gone way different had the Comet receivers not gotten a case of the drops.

Reactions: thekidd12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT