ADVERTISEMENT

Providence Grove at Ledford

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Pats heading up 109 tomorrow. PG's been "can crushing" so far. That will definitely end with Ledford.

Both teams will come in at 4-0. They have one common opponent in East Davidson. Ledford beat ED 44-14 while PG won 31-14. In last year's game, Ledford rode a big second half and wound up beating PG by 20.

Could be one of the better games in the Triad. Any thoughts?

As usual, I pull for PG in every game except one. Think this one might show what kind of team they actually have. Home might have the advantage I’m afraid…
And Maiden, not so long ago, before PG, all these young men would have been at ER…
So ER spawned PG…who knew?….you’ve reminded me of a story. 😂😂

Years ago….We were all at a restaurant after a golf match….the 19th hole so to speak….eating lunch and divvying up the winnings. There were 20 of us…including the old ball coach.
There were 2 senior couples sitting close to us that we didn’t know but they just sat over there and died laughing at all our shenanigans as you can imagine. One of which….was the fact that the restaurant didn’t have Dukes Mayo…yep…I showed my arse…and ate my cheeseburger dry!😜

Soooo anyway….turns out…the couples were from Pennsylvania…same state that Coach was from. Ole Tommy Brown from Lewistown!😂….they’d never heard of him.

So I call Coach over to meet with them. One of the ladies asked….so all these men played for you? Coach said…yep!….then went around and named everyone of us, the position we played and what years as well. He was sharp as a tack.

In conclusion… he said…I’m so proud of these men…I guess you could say….they’re all my sucklings!😂😂😂

Good times!

Y’all can use that when PG rolls into town. 😂

So ER spawned PG…who knew?….you’ve reminded me of a story. 😂😂

Years ago….We were all at a restaurant after a golf match….the 19th hole so to speak….eating lunch and divvying up the winnings. There were 20 of us…including the old ball coach.
There were 2 senior couples sitting close to us that we didn’t know but they just sat over there and died laughing at all our shenanigans as you can imagine. One of which….was the fact that the restaurant didn’t have Dukes Mayo…yep…I showed my arse…and ate my cheeseburger dry!😜

Soooo anyway….turns out…the couples were from Pennsylvania…same state that Coach was from. Ole Tommy Brown from Lewistown!😂….they’d never heard of him.

So I call Coach over to meet with them. One of the ladies asked….so all these men played for you? Coach said…yep!….then went around and named everyone of us, the position we played and what years as well. He was sharp as a tack.

In conclusion… he said…I’m so proud of these men…I guess you could say….they’re all my sucklings!😂😂😂

Good times!

Y’all can use that when PG rolls into town. 😂
Nah… when PG “comes to town” it’s a 15 minute back road ride. Boys/girls all play with/against each other growing up. Yeah both really want to win but at end of day a lot of us are good. Several are even kinfolk!!

Suckling?!?

Made me nervous for awhile there Maiden…

Providence Grove's opponents have a combined record of 3-11...Ledford by twenty.
P.S. Providence Grove has played East Davidson 2-2, Southern Guilford 1-2 , Jordon Matthews 0-4 and Asheboro 0-3......
P.S.S. Ledford hasn't exactly played a powerhouse non conference schedule either, playing North Stanly, West Davidson, Wheatmore, and East Davidson. Wheatmore beat 1-A Chatham Central, which is more than likely their last victory of the year.
P.S.S.S. Asheboro plays Wheatmore this week, which will probably be the Blue Comets' only victory of the year....In the last five years, I"m thinking Asheboro has seven or eight wins, but not exactly sure of the number of their miniscule wins.

Last edited:
Providence Grove's opponents have a combined record of 3-11...Ledford by twenty.
P.S. Providence Grove has played East Davidson 2-2, Southern Guilford 1-2 , Jordon Matthews 0-4 and Asheboro 0-3......
P.S.S. Ledford hasn't exactly played a powerhouse non conference schedule either, playing North Stanly, West Davidson, Wheatmore, and East Davidson. Wheatmore beat 1-A Chatham Central, which is more than likely their last victory of the year.
P.S.S.S. Asheboro plays Wheatmore this week, which will probably be the Blue Comets' only victory of the year....In the last five years, I"m thinking Asheboro has seven or eight wins, but not exactly sure of the number of their miniscule wins.
In 2016 city boys won 9 games…since then have a total of 6 wins…
Now GSO while common opponents are not be all end all, both teams played ED, which is funny still, with PG winning 31-14 and Ledford 44-14…
Might be interesting game…

In 2016 city boys won 9 games…since then have a total of 6 wins…
Now GSO while common opponents are not be all end all, both teams played ED,It which is funny still, with PG winning 31-14 and Ledford 44-14…
Might be interesting game…
When you call Asheboro " city boys, " Mister Kidd, it tickles my funny bone, So in five and a third years, Asheboro has six wins. That's almost unbelievable since they play about the weakest non conference schedule humanly possible.
P.S. Ledford by twenty one.

About that P.S.S.S...............I said the same thing last year about that Asheboro-Wheatmore game and the Warriors ended up winning a wild one. Now, if Asheboro loses to the Wheat this year..........there's simply no hope for them.
A'town's biggest problem over the last five/six years is that they've simply forgotten what the word "defense" means.

About that P.S.S.S...............I said the same thing last year about that Asheboro-Wheatmore game and the Warriors ended up winning a wild one. Now, if Asheboro loses to the Wheat this year..........there's simply no hope for them.
A'town's biggest problem over the last five/six years is that they've simply forgotten what the word "defense" means.
Asheboro has been outscored this year 142-7, with their only touchdown coming against this year's 1-A state champions, Eastern Randolph.

GSO, I overheard someone at the ER game say that Asheboro was losing players to SW Randolph. I spit my drink out when I heard that. Never thought I would see THAT DAY.
And we know why that is don’t we? Wink wink…

I have used wink wink twice lately. Not sure what is wrong with me…old age maybe???

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Ledford 42
Providence Grove 21 FINAL
We see it...
Yes that is 21 points Nostradamus...
You forgot to mention game was tied at 21 heading to fourth quarter. Anybody know why PG was not using starting QB late? I had some honey dos I had to catch up on and missed that...

Now go buy me a lottery ticket and pick the numbers please...🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT